Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Disney movie about Otters

Trying to find the name of an old movie from the 60/70s that, I think, Disney made.

It’s about Otters and a family that keeps them.

by Anonymousreply 17December 15, 2018 6:34 PM

Mmmmm ... otters. They's my favorites

Oh wait --

by Anonymousreply 1December 15, 2018 4:12 PM

Ring of Bright Water?

by Anonymousreply 2December 15, 2018 4:13 PM

Swiss Family Otter?

by Anonymousreply 3December 15, 2018 4:14 PM

Ring of Bright Water?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 15, 2018 4:14 PM

Might be Ring of Bright Water. If it’s not, that movie looks interesting. I’m gonna find where I can watch it

by Anonymousreply 5December 15, 2018 4:17 PM

It's Ring of Bright Water.

by Anonymousreply 6December 15, 2018 4:19 PM

Damn only available on DVD on Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 7December 15, 2018 4:21 PM

Do you have a VHS player?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 15, 2018 4:32 PM

Nope and don’t have a DVD player

by Anonymousreply 9December 15, 2018 4:40 PM

OP, it's not DVD quality, but you can watch it on YouTube.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 15, 2018 4:42 PM

I'm not sure OP is asking about Ring of Bright Water. I very dimly remember an Episode of Wonderful World of Disney about some rascally otters and the hijinks they get up to. I remember them getting into a cabin and almost destroying it. It was one of those Disney nature films, like Charlie the Lonesome Cougar the was sort of an early made for TV movie.

by Anonymousreply 11December 15, 2018 4:58 PM

Thanks r10!

by Anonymousreply 12December 15, 2018 5:00 PM

Do the otters have a jug band?

by Anonymousreply 13December 15, 2018 5:02 PM

"Ring of Bright Water" was not from Disney. It's British, and stars the same people as "Born Free."

by Anonymousreply 14December 15, 2018 5:09 PM

Disney made TWO movies about rascally otters, both shown as episodes of Wonderful World.

An Otter in the Family

The story tells of a young boy who finds an orphaned baby otter and decides to adopt him into the family, but as the otter grows it wreaks all kinds of havoc, including raiding the neighbor's chicken coop.

Flash, the Teenage Otter

An otter is fighting against nature and men to find a quiet place to live.

by Anonymousreply 15December 15, 2018 5:13 PM

Where did the family keep the otters, and what did they do with them? Did they fuck them?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 15, 2018 6:23 PM

I started to watch Ring of Bright Water, then I looked ahead at what happens on the wikipedia page, and I am glad I did.

by Anonymousreply 17December 15, 2018 6:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!