Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Florist who helped with Melania's red Christmas trees floored by 'horrible' reaction

Yes, another dumb white Republican heterosexual blonde beyotch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 5, 2018 5:39 AM

They look like bloody tampons.

by Anonymousreply 1December 4, 2018 7:19 AM

In this social media age you have to have a team consisting of people with different mindsets who can point out to you how your work and statements can interpreted in a different way, a way you have not thought of and never intended to be seen that way. If you have that you are less likely surprised by social media reactions.

by Anonymousreply 2December 4, 2018 7:25 AM

Sorry, how your work and statement can BE interpreted in a different way,

by Anonymousreply 3December 4, 2018 7:26 AM

She looks like a Beaver and a Platypus had a baby.

by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2018 7:27 AM

I like the contrast of the red tree with the Green carpet. Haters going to hate.

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2018 7:28 AM

Personally I hate that particular shade of green and imo it doesn't match with the shade of red and it doesn't really feel very Christmas-y. I am with those who see it as more sinister looking than celebrating the Christmas spirit.

She looks like a frau who lives in her own little bubble and surprised by realizing there are different minded people out there.

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2018 7:37 AM

The trees wouldn't be so bad if some gold or silver ornaments were added. It does look like a bloody mess.

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2018 7:40 AM

Those trees actually look nice up close, but as a group from a distance they look ugly and sinister. FAIL!

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2018 7:49 AM

If only she asked for my advice..

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2018 8:01 AM

Redrum.

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2018 8:03 AM

They need to be in a hotel, a boutique, or the lounge of a disco in a eurotrash resort. Then they would be "lux".

Melania's creativity is about trash lux hotels and very high class hooker bars.

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2018 8:09 AM

I keep reading her name (Wensrup) as "menstrual".

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2018 9:20 AM

It looks menstrual.. er, I mean mental.

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2018 9:26 AM

Looks like you're walking through a major artery.

by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2018 9:32 AM

She has the appearance of the quintessential frau. Middle-aged, short bougie haircut, dumpy, white, ugly sweaters, the list goes on. I can't stop chuckling.

by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2018 10:04 AM

The trees look terrible because they're meant to be statement pieces that provide an interesting contrast to everything else, but they were used as everything. There's nothing for them to contrast with except each other, basically. They need to be used sparingly, and in the midst of more tasteful, low key decor.

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2018 10:06 AM

They're fucking awful. Just awful. The Trumps have no taste at all - I don't know what anyone expected.

by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2018 10:21 AM

This is what happens when you don’t bring in the gay decorators

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2018 12:17 PM

She’s bleeding out of wherever!

by Anonymousreply 19December 4, 2018 12:18 PM

They do look sinister, and a bit Euro-trashy. I think the negative comments are warranted in this case. Huge fail.

by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2018 12:25 PM

Fucking Red for Russia! they may be berries, and maybe they smell good but RED for RUSSIA is all I see.

by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2018 12:28 PM

The green trees look awful and over-decorated to within an inch of their former lives. They look like dank buds coated with angel dust.

by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2018 12:45 PM

I think the real point is not the actual decor. What this shows is the profound impact a horrible administration has on public perceptions of everything they touch.

The ill will that this family has engendered is so intense that even innocuous Christmas decorations immediately summon up a collective national meme contest surrounding The Shining

They really are evil personified.

by Anonymousreply 23December 4, 2018 12:46 PM

I felt they looked quite bland.

by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2018 12:52 PM

Like the first lady, the White House decor has a high-price look.

by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2018 1:06 PM

While it might not have been suitable for the White House, I liked the look of last year's decorations.

This year, not so much. While those red trees may look lovely up close, designers need to see how things look from a distance in photographs, especially how those red trees in a row look. From a distance, you can't tell they're red berries. The first thing I thought of when looking at those red trees was Cousin Itt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 4, 2018 1:45 PM

So, what's the deal with the florist? She doesn't look like a big Republican money donor, so we can count out that it's some shady money laundering deal. So, did she offer to do it for free for the promotion? The whole concept looks incredibly basic and wrong. If that's her best work it wouldn't convince me to hire her.

by Anonymousreply 27December 4, 2018 2:55 PM

They look like blood clots.

by Anonymousreply 28December 4, 2018 3:02 PM

Headline is very misleading but the article eventually explains that the trimming of the WH decorations is done by a volunteer crew of 75 - this woman among them. They need to apply & submit a portfolio. She, and the other volunteers, did not design the red trees, or anything else - they just executed the plans that were created by the First Lady & her staff.

by Anonymousreply 29December 4, 2018 3:04 PM

What R29 said is true. In all the years I've followed the Christmas decorations, and there have been a couple of missed efforts, the last two years are both in poor taste and do not reflect the spirit of the season or our country. I feel sorry for the volunteers this year who had to put up these decorations. It would be interesting to hear from a few of them. Though, if they complain, they probably won't be asked back. I would imagine that Melania had final approval, so she ultimately is to blame.

by Anonymousreply 30December 4, 2018 3:09 PM

She should be floored-by a sucker punch 🤜.

by Anonymousreply 31December 4, 2018 3:11 PM

Bloody terror bitch cunt Melanoma knew exactly what she was doing; distract us with superfluous awfulness again, just like the cnt's I DON CARE jacket.

Evil cunt.

by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2018 4:59 PM

Gosh, they really do look awful. And I’m the type to give someone credit, where credit is due. I can be objective, regardless of my personal feelings.

The trees, on their own, are interesting, and a few of them placed here and there, might have looked nice with all gold or silver ornaments. But the pure, deep red, amongst the white walls and green carpeting, looks like something you might run into at a high end nursing home.

Sorry, but huge FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 33December 4, 2018 5:17 PM

Maybe Melania got caught up from her old days.. in the red light district.

by Anonymousreply 34December 4, 2018 5:24 PM

But I thought Melania personally designed and approved all of this! Why is she throwing this poor Frau under the bus!?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 35December 4, 2018 5:42 PM

Nineteenth Century Bordellos in newly settled places like Virginia City, Nev. & San Francisco often featured red velvet wallpaper, which the Madames considered glamorous & "high-toned" because it was expensive & had to be transported from far away "fancy" places like NY & Boston. Vulgar as hell, but seemed elegant to the low class staff & clientele. The red trees remind me of that.

by Anonymousreply 36December 4, 2018 5:52 PM

I thought they were red for the red states.

Anyway, I kind of like them and don't understand the reaction either. I'm sick of boring conventional Christmas trees and I'm glad to see someone try something different.

by Anonymousreply 37December 4, 2018 6:15 PM

It’s a good thing she volunteered because the Trumps would have stiffed her anyway.

by Anonymousreply 38December 4, 2018 6:27 PM

Red for the red states.. could be, R37.

by Anonymousreply 39December 4, 2018 6:35 PM

They look like something from a high end department store or the Herald Square Macys.

by Anonymousreply 40December 4, 2018 6:42 PM

I like the trees actually. But then again, I work in the theatre so I have weird taste.

by Anonymousreply 41December 4, 2018 6:54 PM

The Obamas also has crap decorations. It’s been a trend for more than a decade.

by Anonymousreply 42December 4, 2018 6:57 PM

R41, your reference to the "weird taste" of theatre people reminds me of Melania's remark defending her White House decor: "We are in (the) 21st century and everybody has a different taste".

English is not her native language, so she can be forgiven for inserting an article in front of "different taste", but it really does make me think she's talking about ice cream cones (or something else that can be tasted).

by Anonymousreply 43December 4, 2018 8:23 PM

When are these dummies going to understand that EVERYONE hates the Trumps. I hope her career is over. How could she be so stupid?

by Anonymousreply 44December 4, 2018 8:38 PM

Aside from the blood red, undecorated trees, other decor included wreaths made of pencils bearing the logo of her "cause" against bullying, "Be Best", which one critic noted was "a child's grammatical error." The wreaths look stupid, the trees look repulsive...what a disaster! But what else can you expect from such a trashy wench?

by Anonymousreply 45December 4, 2018 8:41 PM

Evil Muppets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 4, 2018 9:44 PM

Hideous, just like the whore Melanoma.

by Anonymousreply 47December 4, 2018 11:44 PM

At twilight I can just picture the trees moving slowly closer together to block the passageway.

by Anonymousreply 48December 4, 2018 11:49 PM

Handmaid's Tale meme

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 4, 2018 11:52 PM

a zillion years ago before home decor big box stores and all year round Christmas jobs, one went to the garden center to buy holiday decor. Maybe it has a luxury fruit and "gourmet" food shop as well. Some of them were pretty swanky. They had Christmas wonderlands in greenhouses and tents and what not. This feels like the entry corridor. EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE

by Anonymousreply 50December 4, 2018 11:53 PM

Workin' at the Car Wash!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 4, 2018 11:53 PM

all year round Christmastree SHOPS

by Anonymousreply 52December 4, 2018 11:53 PM

REDRUM!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 4, 2018 11:54 PM

Lest we forget last year's horror show:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 4, 2018 11:56 PM

The trees are ugly and stupid, but also the least of the Trump family's crimes.

by Anonymousreply 55December 5, 2018 12:40 AM

ugly and looks cheap, perfect trumpette decor

by Anonymousreply 56December 5, 2018 1:10 AM

They’re so ugly it’s not even funny. The woman who is shocked by the reaction is the Frau Mayor of Frautown. She is exactly who I picture when I picture Frau.

by Anonymousreply 57December 5, 2018 1:16 AM

Is her personal assistant and consultant named Dieter? I get Sprockets when I look at her Christmas decorating, especially last year's.

by Anonymousreply 58December 5, 2018 1:24 AM

The Be Best pencil wreath look's like a gaping asshole.

by Anonymousreply 59December 5, 2018 1:35 AM

Walking through there, I'd kind of expect to hear Euro trance mixes instead of Christmas music.

by Anonymousreply 60December 5, 2018 1:36 AM

i got a big laugh at the memes created in response to this stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 61December 5, 2018 2:16 AM

The Obamas used a talented gay designer for their holiday decorations and they always looked amazing. Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 62December 5, 2018 3:04 AM

It pisses me off that some of these sites require a Facebook account to comment. Fuck Facebook!

by Anonymousreply 63December 5, 2018 3:52 AM

Genius. Solid red replacing solid green.

by Anonymousreply 64December 5, 2018 4:00 AM

Now we can all ignore R64 for being a complete idiot and a vacuous Trump-loving whore-bag.

by Anonymousreply 65December 5, 2018 4:02 AM

I think it is pretty creative using cranberries.

by Anonymousreply 66December 5, 2018 4:52 AM

...which will rot sooner than you can say, "You're Indicted!"

by Anonymousreply 67December 5, 2018 5:34 AM

Well... I guess Ocean Spray is happy with these trees.

by Anonymousreply 68December 5, 2018 5:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!