Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did Loni Anderson’s hair look like a helmet?

During her WKRP days? Was it schilacked?

by Anonymousreply 10November 29, 2018 8:57 PM

Exhibit A

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 28, 2018 9:41 PM

She came of age in the 60's. You either had long, straight "flower child" hair back then, or went the Aquanet, cocktail waitress route.

Interesting that she didn't hit it big til her mid-thirties:

"Her acting debut came with a bit part in the film Nevada Smith (1966), starring Steve McQueen. After that, she went virtually unemployed as an actress for nearly a decade, before she finally began achieving guest roles on episodic television series in the mid-1970s. She appeared in two episodes of S.W.A.T., and later appeared on the sitcom Phyllis, as well as the detective series Police Woman and Harry O. In 1978, she guest-starred as Susan Walters on a season two episode of the popular sitcom Three's Company, after auditioning well but not winning the role of Chrissy at the start of the series. Her appearance on the show brought her to the attention of the ABC network.

Anderson's most famous acting role came as the sultry receptionist Jennifer Marlowe on the sitcom WKRP in Cincinnati (1978–1982)."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 28, 2018 9:48 PM

I liked her character on WKRP but only because she seemed in on the joke that she portrayed. When she continued on that way, I thought she must have either had no forehead or that she had such a terrible scar it couldn't be improved with plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 3November 28, 2018 9:50 PM

I always thought Jan Smithers was far more attractive.

by Anonymousreply 4November 28, 2018 9:50 PM

OP, 40-50 years ago hair styles were different for women and men. Today's styles don't look much better. I see many that I want to offer to buy them a brush.

by Anonymousreply 5November 28, 2018 10:46 PM

R4 Jan was beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 6November 29, 2018 2:22 AM

Farrah didn’t have helmet hair!

by Anonymousreply 7November 29, 2018 8:33 PM

Okay fine.

by Anonymousreply 8November 29, 2018 8:52 PM

Jan Smithers was much prettier than Loni Anderson. Loni Anderson hasn’t changed her hairstyle since the 1970s. She’s now plugging “Life Alert”for the elderly. Her next gig might be Depends diapers...

by Anonymousreply 9November 29, 2018 8:55 PM

Jan was married to James Brolin before Babs got her hands on him. She must have received a sweet divorce settlement because I don't think she ever worked again.

by Anonymousreply 10November 29, 2018 8:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!