Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

PETA asks 1000-year-old village of Wool to change its name to 'Vegan Wool'

Animal rights organisation PETA has called for a 1000-year-old village to change its name to ‘Vegan Wool’ to raise awareness of animal cruelty.

PETA has demanded that the village in Dorset, southern UK, change its name from Wool to raise awareness about cruelty in the British wool industry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 5, 2018 10:03 PM

I've believed for a long time PETA at its core is simply a performance comedy act that along the way picked up some dumb white yuppie true believers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2018 10:38 PM

What do vegans feed their pet dogs/cats ?

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2018 10:57 PM

‘Acrylic’ would be more accurate.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2018 11:31 PM

I hope the village told PETA to fuck off....

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2018 11:33 PM

Peta are fucking terrorists and as worthless and abusive to animals as those they campaign against. monsters.

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2018 11:42 PM

They pulled a similar stunt with the town of Rodeo in Northern California, offering a few cases of vegan patties as compensation. Mind you that a town changing its name would have a not insignificant economic impact for businesses (all small in a town like that) that would have to change all sorts of documents, signage, etc. plus the headache for the post office.

[quote]"They can keep the stupid veggie burgers," he said. "A bunch of people from Virginia can't just come to town and wave around a few veggie burgers and think they own the place."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2018 2:48 AM

They're first class idiots - they tried the same crap several years ago with the towns of kildeer or kilbuck - ignoring the fact that kil in these contexts has to do with flow of a river as opposed to ending a life ---- and i was watching a movie the other day and they censored the closed captioning for the word cocktail. I hope the second age of reason comes along before I croak. But I have a feeling the age of idiocy will be here for awhile...

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2018 3:23 AM

I hate it when serious animal activists or well meaning public figures promote something that comes from PETA. Everyone should know by now what insane frauds they are.

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2018 3:36 AM

One must remember that PETA kills and leaves environmental damage. They are dumbfucks supreme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2018 4:41 AM

[quote] Just as it became unacceptable to use racist, homophobic, or ableist language, phrases that trivialise cruelty to animals will vanish as more people begin to appreciate animals for who they are and start ‘bringing home the bagels’ instead of the bacon.

Go home, PETA, you're drunk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 5, 2018 8:19 PM

Lots of stupidity in the world. Round up the PETA people, sic the dogs on them!

by Anonymousreply 11December 5, 2018 8:26 PM

I protect animals. Mostly ones on my plate; fucking get your own!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 5, 2018 8:46 PM

I guess wool isn't vegan then if they're making a distinction. These sheep seem to have OK lives, I mean they go out in the green fields all day to run around and eat and then get a haircut a few times a year. I guess some of them get nicked by razors - and that would be cruel.

by Anonymousreply 13December 5, 2018 8:47 PM

And please change the name "New York City" to "Nut-Based Cheese."

by Anonymousreply 14December 5, 2018 9:15 PM

I had no idea how laughably hypocritical peta is:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 5, 2018 9:32 PM

Brits have next to no idea what PETA even is. It barely registers here. The RSPCA would never try anything so daft.

by Anonymousreply 16December 5, 2018 9:34 PM

Those sheep have a better life than I do. A peaceful, pastoral existence, all needs met, free haircuts and once or twice a year a big burly guy bathes you. They're satisfied.

by Anonymousreply 17December 5, 2018 10:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!