Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Lion King Trailer

BAAAAAA SINGKENYA BABASEE EBABOW

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2018 7:47 PM

Looks like a shot-for-shot remake of the animated film. At least, the prologue. Same font for the title, too.

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2018 9:51 PM

SITTIKOOM BENYA BENYA!

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2018 10:03 PM

Thanks for the laugh OP. Always wondered what the translation of that looked like in print!😂

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2018 10:04 PM

That cub looks like JTT.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2018 10:47 PM

Live action Lion King...

...that’s all CGI.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2018 11:14 PM

Looks terrible. It's impossible to figure out if this wants to be a live action film or just a computer-animated cartoon.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2018 11:18 PM

Will not be seeing this. Beyonce ruins everything she touches, and her retarded voice will give me a migraine.

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2018 11:31 PM

Funny that most of the lions in the animated film (with the exception of Simba's parents) were voiced by white actors, but in the remake they're all black.

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2018 11:38 PM

I fucking hate what Disney has become. Every one of their live remakes has been appalling.

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2018 11:40 PM

Simba looks more like a cat than a lion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2018 12:06 AM

[Quote]Every one of their live remakes has been appalling.

I mean the very concept of re-releasing the same movie is just a blatant scheme for easy money.

I have not paid any money to watch these rereleases on principle.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2018 12:27 AM

The trailer is a master class in how soulless CGI is in comparison to hand-drawn animation. Rafiki has dead eyes, he looks like a freak. (Rafreaki?) And look how much more expressive baby Simba looks in 2D. He has that bemused infant face down to a T.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2018 12:41 AM

I enjoyed The Jungle Book.

Beauty and the Beast was OK.

Cinderella sucked in my opinion.

Im unsure about Alladin...I wish Will Smith wasnt in it.

Im definitely looking forward to Dumbo.

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2018 12:41 AM

R10, how do you think newborn lion cubs look like?

Here's a real one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2018 12:46 AM

I hate Will Smith with they casted someone else maybe Terry Crews?

I didn't like Cinderella and I kinda hated Maleficent. I thought Beauty and the Beast was OK but too long

Dumbo looks interesting and it has Eva Green and Dumbo looks very cute in the trailer

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2018 12:46 AM

I didnt like Maleficent either....they missed a huge opportunity in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2018 12:50 AM

Lion cub trying to roar. So cute that I would want one for a pet, if not for the part where it grows up and eats me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2018 1:01 AM

The problem with MALEFICENT was that they retconned most everything in Sleeping Beauty and made the story a rape metaphor by making Aurora's father a former lover who becomes inexplicably evil and who violates her by drugging her and then cutting off her wings -- she even wakes up bleeding, for God's sake -- all just to make Maleficent the hero and sympathetic. It's like Disney didn't want her to have any trace of badness.

Furthermore, not explaining why she's named Maleficent from the get-go is a plot-hole, because 'maleficent' is a real word that means 'evildoer.' Why is a good fairy who dispenses goodness and heals trees called that? She only turns 'evil' after Aurora's father betrays her. It would've made more sense if she'd had another, more benign name and then is christened Maleficent by the villagers after the king turns the entire kingdom against her.

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2018 1:06 AM

r18...pretty much agree....it just needed to be a darker more foreboding film.

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2018 1:09 AM

Who’s voicing Scar? They’ll never top Jeremy Irons

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2018 1:13 AM

R20 Chiwetel Ejiofor

by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2018 1:15 AM

I guess it just goes with the whole "everyone gets a trophy mindset....nobody is bad, we all have some redeeming quality mind control "... Bullshit...that film needed to be about a stone cold bitch and how she came upon her comeuppance...not every Disney film has to be for 6 year olds.

by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2018 1:15 AM

Beyoncé previously wanted to voice Tiana in The Princess & the Frog, but she refused to audition. Presumably she thought she was too famous for that kind of thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2018 12:29 PM

The Lion King' gets re-animated in the first trailer for Jon Favreau's remake

by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2018 1:55 PM

BUT THE SHUN ROLLING HIGH

THROUGH THE SHAPPHIRE SHKY

by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2018 2:14 PM

I also hated how they made Maleficent good. Disney really likes to rewrite history - another example was that movie about the making of Mary Poppins - in real life P.L. Travers cried at the premiere of that film because she thought it massacred her books, but in the film they made it look like she's crying because the movie reminded her of her father.

by Anonymousreply 26November 23, 2018 2:25 PM

[Quote]not every Disney film has to be for 6 year olds.

Yes actually, it is fucking Disney, these films are supposed to be enjoyed by children. They want adults to like them too but quit pretending like kids aren't a big part of the equation.

If you want to see a movie meant for adults, I'm sure your theater had other options.

by Anonymousreply 27November 23, 2018 2:25 PM

Did someone unthaw you Walt @r27?......back to the freezer with you.

by Anonymousreply 28November 23, 2018 2:38 PM

I just find it silly that someone goes to see a kids movie then complains it is a kids movie.

Go see that indie drama instead, it needs your money way more Disney.

by Anonymousreply 29November 23, 2018 2:42 PM

smell you r29....the complaints are that they changed the character completely and used a rape allegory to do it......not exactly kid fare, but you know that. Maleficent was a bad ass bitch and they very easily could have made her and the movie darker and still appeal to kids.

by Anonymousreply 30November 23, 2018 2:48 PM

R30, there was a rape allegory in a Disney film? Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 31November 23, 2018 4:01 PM

R31...obviously you didnt watch Maleificent.

by Anonymousreply 32November 23, 2018 6:25 PM

R31 yeah, it was talked about a lot when the movie came out. There were also accusations of misandry because all the male characters were made evil for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 33November 23, 2018 6:32 PM

Angelina Jolie: 'Maleficent' Scene Is A 'Metaphor For Rape'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 23, 2018 6:41 PM

Damn, you learn something new every day on DL!

by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2018 7:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!