Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Your Favourite DIANE KEATON films

Drama, Comedy, Erotic Thrillers, Historical Sagas - Diane can do it all!

Please vote for the film and discuss you love best, not hrr best individual performance.

Or don’t. I can’t stop you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 17, 2018 9:57 PM

She was horribly miscast in the Godfather films, they should not appear on this list. One of Coppola's very few casting disasters in those films.

What was that thing she did with Albert Finney? Something about the moon? That would have been a better choice.

by Anonymousreply 1November 17, 2018 9:51 AM

snore

by Anonymousreply 2November 17, 2018 9:52 AM

Shoot The Moon was great.

She was perfect in The Godfather as the American girl next door.

by Anonymousreply 3November 17, 2018 9:55 AM

This is a terrible poll, OP. I agree that The Godfather movies should not be on the list, and only one Woody Allen? Annie Hall is her best, but at least a few should have made the list considering you gave Godfather parts I & II their own slots.

by Anonymousreply 4November 17, 2018 9:56 AM

There’s only 1 right answer, you whiny bitches

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 17, 2018 10:27 AM

I always enjoyed her in the underrated Manhattan Murder Mystery. But really, she's someone who's gotten by on a small talent and a lot of charm. Would she even have had a career were it not for Woody?

I will say, though, I was pleasantly surprised with her memoirs.

by Anonymousreply 6November 17, 2018 10:51 AM

Her directorial debut "Heaven" was a very interesting little film.

by Anonymousreply 7November 17, 2018 10:53 AM

Even though most of the movies listed are better, I really enjoy watching Baby Boom.

by Anonymousreply 8November 17, 2018 10:56 AM

So many great performances: Looking for Mr. Goodbar, Reds, Shoot the Moon, The Little Drummer Girl, Crimes of the Heart, Somethings Gotta Give, The Good Mother and all her work for Woody Allen with best in show being Annie Hall.

by Anonymousreply 9November 17, 2018 10:59 AM

Is she secretly covered in tattoos like Dolly Parton? What's with the no skin showing anywhere at any time thing? She even hides most of her face.

by Anonymousreply 10November 17, 2018 11:10 AM

No she is not covered in tats, she's neurotic.

by Anonymousreply 11November 17, 2018 11:11 AM

The OP is a bit of a philistine. Not including some of her best work in Shoot the Moon (alongside a devastating performance by the late Dana Hill as her daughter), Manhattan Murder Mystery (one of her best Woody Allen roles), Marvin’s Room (Oscar nomination instead of La Meryl), among others.

Remember when Meryl tried to have a Something’s Gotta Give moment with It’s Complicated and it just...didn’t happen?

by Anonymousreply 12November 17, 2018 11:25 AM

Why does she dress like a freak, with gloves etc?

by Anonymousreply 13November 17, 2018 11:28 AM

Marvin’s Room is shit, r12.

by Anonymousreply 14November 17, 2018 11:32 AM

I agree with R1. She was the worst thing in the Godfather movies. Just terrible.

by Anonymousreply 15November 17, 2018 11:32 AM

She's just covering her "old lady"skin, R13. When you get to be that age, you'll probably be covering yours, too.

by Anonymousreply 16November 17, 2018 12:04 PM

It was a toss up between LOOKING FOR MR GOODBAR and SOMETHING'S GOTTA GIVE. She is Nancy Meyer's best acting heroine, and of course, had a superb figure at 58 for her nude scene. And full of sensuality in LOOKING FOR MR GOODBAR.

I can't imagine many other women, M for instance, having the body and the erotic longing for either film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 17, 2018 12:42 PM

I can’t have a baby- I have a lunch meeting!

by Anonymousreply 18November 17, 2018 1:09 PM

I would probably say 'Shoot the Moon', the thing I love about Keaton as a performer is that despite her limited range in terms of externals, she has a remarkable amount of depth and there's usually a surprising amount of darkness in all her performances.

by Anonymousreply 19November 17, 2018 2:35 PM

No, she dressed like that in life and in Annie Hall, R17. she wore her own clothes. That was in 1977, 40 years ago. She's 70-ish now, so she was 30-ish then, hardly the owner of hideous ancient lizard skin at that time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 17, 2018 2:46 PM

I fucking hate her with the heat of ten billion suns.

by Anonymousreply 21November 17, 2018 2:54 PM

Baby Boom, Looking for Mr. Goodmurder, and her Woody Allen stuff - all great...

by Anonymousreply 22November 17, 2018 3:32 PM

She was terrible in The Godfathers and her wig was even worse.

by Anonymousreply 23November 17, 2018 3:47 PM

It was an ABORTION, Michael!

by Anonymousreply 24November 17, 2018 3:49 PM

"This.... SICILIAN THING!"

"I didn't want your son Michael. I wouldn't bring another one of your sons into this world."

by Anonymousreply 25November 17, 2018 8:34 PM

Another vote for Shoot the Moon.

by Anonymousreply 26November 17, 2018 8:49 PM

Love & Death!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 17, 2018 8:58 PM

No one could have done the last shot of The Godfather as well as she.

by Anonymousreply 28November 17, 2018 9:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!