Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lisa Lampanelli retires from comedy! Will do self-help tours mainly focusing on health & body issues

Still keeping it funny (her words) but she's not doing stand up anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 18, 2018 2:08 AM

Comedy retired from Lisa long before.

by Anonymousreply 1November 17, 2018 9:44 AM

Ok

by Anonymousreply 2November 17, 2018 9:46 AM

Because Trump is doing her act now?

by Anonymousreply 3November 17, 2018 9:53 AM

LA HU MAN EEE TAY !!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 17, 2018 9:53 AM

To be honest I thought she retired ages ago. The last big thing I saw her in was playing the villain in her season of The Apprentice and then being a Weight Watchers spokesperson (which I thought was an odd choice for her to do since her stand up act was so smutty and racist with her "It's ok for me to say that, because I like big black cooooooock!").

by Anonymousreply 5November 17, 2018 9:58 AM

Did Lisa ever talk about her experience on the Apprentice? Does she admit, or claim, that it ruined her career or something like that?

by Anonymousreply 6November 17, 2018 10:00 AM

R5 Whoopi also never gave a damn about her weight but did Weight Watchers. I’m sure the commercials offer big fat paychecks, and the Oreos will be waiting once the contract is up.

by Anonymousreply 7November 17, 2018 10:01 AM

Lisa about Trump during Celebrity Apprentice

[quote] “I was 248 pounds at the time,” the comedian recalled, saying, “I know he’s not going to notice me, [but] I remember him saying ‘Teresa [Giudice] you look beautiful today,’ ‘Aubrey [O’Day] you look better with every passing week’ and one day he says to me ‘Lisa!’ and [I think], ‘Oh, it’s my turn,’ and he goes, ‘Doesn’t Teresa look beautiful today?'”

by Anonymousreply 8November 17, 2018 10:04 AM

She was more attractive before the weight loss surgery

by Anonymousreply 9November 17, 2018 10:08 AM

R8 To be fair, Teresa IS distractingly beautiful. Look at this picture of elegance. It stirs the soul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 17, 2018 10:09 AM

Lisa was a success in the corporate world before entering comedy.

by Anonymousreply 11November 17, 2018 10:23 AM

She’s actually very well-educated. She’s best friends with Frank Decaro.

by Anonymousreply 12November 17, 2018 11:28 AM

Frank!? Oh, well, that changes everything!

by Anonymousreply 13November 17, 2018 11:31 AM

She seems manic or something. I'm not a fan of LL 2.0. But then again she's retired from comedy so there's nothing to be a fan of anymore.

by Anonymousreply 14November 17, 2018 11:35 AM

What a terrible plug for her new show at the end of that clip. In order to find out more about Lisa's new show we have to go to Wendy.com?? Why not just fucking tell us which station and time it's on like you do for all the others, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 15November 17, 2018 11:37 AM

Hate to say it, but some people just look better fat...

by Anonymousreply 16November 17, 2018 12:40 PM

Like Oprah and Al Roker, some people just look better with some weight.

Is Lisa a lesbian now?

by Anonymousreply 17November 17, 2018 1:19 PM

That outfit is horrif.

by Anonymousreply 18November 17, 2018 1:24 PM

I hated her comedy act. Simply tried to shock. It was facile. "I love black cock" etc. I get so tired of those comedy acts like that and the audience feels like they are supposed to laugh because "wow she really doesn't give a damn". Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 19November 17, 2018 1:38 PM

she looks terrible and on wendy she was dressed like a 19 yo extra from A Different World. WTF

by Anonymousreply 20November 17, 2018 1:40 PM

Like Star Jones and Al Roker, Lisa was better when she was fat.

by Anonymousreply 21November 17, 2018 1:57 PM

Sorry going a bit off topic here.

There is something about losing weight that makes you look a million years older. I just saw Finding Your Feet (a delightful dramedy about two elderly sisters played by Imelda Staunton and Celia Imrie) and Timothy Spall looked like death warmed over. Very unsettling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 17, 2018 3:12 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 17, 2018 3:22 PM

I saw a couple of her stand-up specials several years ago, when she was engaged but before she lost the weight, and every single one of them were the same formula: nasty racist or homophobic joke, followed by "oh hey, it's just a joke, it's all in good fun." Tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 24November 17, 2018 3:31 PM

Oh goodness gracious, I'm so very glad they beeped every second word in R23's clip! My dainty, childlike ears couldn't have handled the reality of the situation! Instead I'll just go on wondering WTF she was actually saying.

by Anonymousreply 25November 17, 2018 3:48 PM

I thought she might make a good replacement for Roseanne, made-over more frumpy.

by Anonymousreply 26November 17, 2018 5:05 PM

Her haircut is funnier than anything she could ever say so time to move on.

by Anonymousreply 27November 17, 2018 5:08 PM

So YES, the Women's Studies Major makeover proves she IS A DYKE, and all that fucking around with black guys was merkin-disguising nonsense.

Just like Rosie O'Donnel LOVED Tom Cruise!

by Anonymousreply 28November 17, 2018 5:14 PM

About the self-help tours, who does she appeal to? Who would go see her for that purpose?

by Anonymousreply 29November 17, 2018 5:22 PM

She has cane face, and now looks rather butch or androgynous with her hair like that.

It's not surprising she is on the pyramid scheme of self help, dieting, etc. Closeted Oprah has done this for decades!

by Anonymousreply 30November 17, 2018 5:23 PM

She's going to lecture people about having life threatening surgery in order to lose weight like she did? How inspiring!

by Anonymousreply 31November 17, 2018 5:24 PM

She was so vulgar and unfunny I never watched her comedy routine again. I admire people who change careers so maybe her self help guruism will be better.

by Anonymousreply 32November 17, 2018 5:27 PM

Agree with R19/ R32 She opens her mouth and rubbish falls out. I found her sexually objectifying black men as crass and tasteless. Whether or not it is racist, I'll leave up to black people to decide. If I were black I would detest her even more. All that aside, she was never funny.

by Anonymousreply 33November 17, 2018 5:32 PM

First saw her via her “Queen of Mean” special, initially thought she was brash and funny. But she was truly a nasty cunt on “Celebrity Apprentice”, especially to the stunning Miss Universe winner who was a fellow contestant on the show. I’ve never thought of Lampanelli the same way since, but had no idea she was as unhinged as the video at R23 reveals. YIKES!

by Anonymousreply 34November 17, 2018 5:32 PM

Time has passed her stand-up career by. She's way too un-pc and she's too old for it. Time for a switch and she's selling it as a life choice.

She was a head banger back in the day. She rides cultural waves in her careers.

The only thing I envy about her is that she worked for SPY magazine at one time.

by Anonymousreply 35November 17, 2018 5:39 PM

I remember Joan Rivers calling her out for being unfunny and how every joke ends up being about how much she "loves black cock."

She stole her whole act from Don Rickles and Andrew Dice Clay while never achieving their success.

by Anonymousreply 36November 17, 2018 5:49 PM

Why was objectifying and fetishsizeing black men such a huge part of her stand-up routine?

by Anonymousreply 37November 17, 2018 6:22 PM

She was an insult comedienne who picked this particular genre, because she loved growing up watching these roasts where celebs insulted each other and could laugh at themselves and with each other and still had a great time without it being awkward because someone was deeply offended.

by Anonymousreply 38November 17, 2018 6:28 PM

Lisa Lampanelli, like Amy Schumer and Lens HATES the fact that she’s so ugly. Every waking moment of her life, deep down, is hating other women for attracting male attention that she has no hope in hell of attracting. Ugly white women are a whole other level of psycho. I refer you to local DL celebrity, Poo Shoes, as living proof. Let this end Lisa’s career for good.

by Anonymousreply 39November 17, 2018 6:29 PM

Thanks for weighing in, Lisa.

by Anonymousreply 40November 17, 2018 6:33 PM

Is life coach still a thing?

by Anonymousreply 41November 17, 2018 8:08 PM

I'm convinced that the only good career move for Lampanelli is death.

by Anonymousreply 42November 17, 2018 8:10 PM

[quote]every joke ends up being about how much she "loves black cock." She stole her whole act from Don Rickles

Don Rickles liked black cock?

by Anonymousreply 43November 17, 2018 8:11 PM

so she's the new Susan Powter?

by Anonymousreply 44November 17, 2018 8:13 PM

R39, that theory about Lampanelli was strongly suggested during her time on “Celebrity Apprentice” — she was awful to Miss Universe, alternately ignoring her and consdescedning to her, all the while trashing her behind her back. To her credit, Miss Universe didn’t let on that Lampanelli was getting to her — I’d read later that she had previously been abducted (!) so nasty jabs from a fat bitch like Lampanelli were probably a minor annoyance to her.

by Anonymousreply 45November 17, 2018 8:15 PM

[quote] Don Rickles liked black cock?

Sorry, I meant she stole her whole insult comedy shtick from Rickles, not the actual content she used in her jokes.

by Anonymousreply 46November 17, 2018 8:42 PM

R37 I guess she thought she was being shocking by being racist, even though she used the excuse she is a chocolate/dinge queen.

by Anonymousreply 47November 18, 2018 2:01 AM

Doesn’t surprise me r45. It’s those women who vote Trump, try to be one of the boys, claim that they can’t stand “girlie shit”, and equate stupid with good looking. Most of the good looking people I know are quite nice and well adjusted. It’s the uggos that are nasty and awful.

by Anonymousreply 48November 18, 2018 2:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!