Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why Justin Trudeau In The Middle & NOT Emmanuel Macron?

World leaders at a commemorative ceremony in Paris on the 100th anniversary of the Armistice, which marked the end of the First World War.

Emmanuel Macron is the president of the host country for this event in France. Yet it is Justin Trudeau smack dab in the middle. while Macron is pushed to the side like an afterthought.

Why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 30, 2018 2:28 AM

Probably because Justin is taller, and the photographer picked the tallest person to assemble/arrange/center the photos.

by Anonymousreply 1November 11, 2018 4:46 PM

Because Trudeau doesn't mind a little rain.

by Anonymousreply 2November 11, 2018 4:57 PM

Actually, they were ordered by the size of their hands.. That’s why Trump didn’t fit in the frame.

by Anonymousreply 3November 11, 2018 4:59 PM

Who is the twink third from left wearing a cape?!?

by Anonymousreply 4November 11, 2018 5:03 PM

Call me Mary! but I think that is a really great and powerful picture. No Trump in sight and a unified front (against Trump and Putin?).

by Anonymousreply 5November 11, 2018 5:10 PM

Was it the commemoration at Dieppe? If so, that was a battle focused on the Canadian expeditionary forces. That may be why Trudeau is front and centre.

by Anonymousreply 6November 11, 2018 5:12 PM

R5 MARY!

by Anonymousreply 7November 11, 2018 5:13 PM

There are four wide white stripes on the right -- and then there's a skinny stripe, on which Macron is clearly walking. I wonder if we're not seeing the entire width of the street and in actuality, Macron is in the center with the other most important figure of the photo, Angela Merkel, to his immediate right (even further to the left, if the center is most important, as you're saying.) Otherwise, why does the stripe pattern change? (unless everything about the striping is asymetrical but that's not usually the case, is it?)

Also Trudeau and Macron's wife seem to be the 'center couple' rather than Justin being the centerpiece. Anyhow, if you know anything about contemporary politics, one glance and you know Merkel and Macron are the most important people, the leaders of the western world now that there's a lunatic in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 8November 11, 2018 5:16 PM

As usual, Trump an embarrassment to the US.

by Anonymousreply 9November 11, 2018 5:17 PM

The Canadian Expeditionary forces were instrumental in many of the later battles. They deserve to be represented front and centre but I honestly don’t think there was any major organisation of where people stood in that row. Macron and Merkel will always be next to or close to each other though.

by Anonymousreply 10November 11, 2018 5:17 PM

R4 he's the future king of Morocco, Hassan the third.

by Anonymousreply 11November 11, 2018 5:22 PM

Silly OP. Being in the middle of a photo is not the same as being in the middle of the actual parade.

by Anonymousreply 12November 11, 2018 5:28 PM

No Trump in the photo. He's an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 13November 11, 2018 5:33 PM

[quote] one glance and you know Merkel and Macron are the most important people, the leaders of the western world

And Trudeau?

by Anonymousreply 14November 11, 2018 5:37 PM

What's Nancy Sinatra doing there?

by Anonymousreply 15November 11, 2018 5:37 PM

I love Justin.

by Anonymousreply 16November 11, 2018 5:39 PM

Because Trudeau's forceful admonishment of our pansy-in-chief/draft-dodging/loving of soldiers who didn't suffer in war(s) and was too much a snowflake to get his hair wet, puts him square in the center of the coming worldwide denouncement and process to rid the planet of Trump, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 17November 11, 2018 5:43 PM

Canada has inked a new trade agreement with the EU. The axis is realigning from Canada-US to Canada-China/Europe.

Chinese electric cars enter the Canadian market next month as well. Buh-bye legacy American automakers.

by Anonymousreply 18November 11, 2018 6:01 PM

I should be in the middle of Trudeau and Macron. This is the only correct answer, OP. I'm practicing my oui oui as I type.

by Anonymousreply 19November 11, 2018 6:13 PM

I may be wrong, but I think they are walking, as a unified group, up to the Arc de Triumph for the cerimonies to commemorate the end of WW1. Once they got there and took their positions, they had to wait for Trump who was late. Then they had to wait a little longer for Putin. The two assholes of the world trying to out do each other.

by Anonymousreply 20November 11, 2018 6:31 PM

this was taken last year

by Anonymousreply 21November 11, 2018 6:34 PM

[quote]Was it the commemoration at Dieppe? If so, that was a battle focused on the Canadian expeditionary forces. That may be why Trudeau is front and centre.

yes, it was, different year, different commemoration.

by Anonymousreply 22November 11, 2018 6:35 PM

so again why is he in the middle?

by Anonymousreply 23November 11, 2018 10:52 PM

Because he’s walking through a town that was the site of a battle led largely by Canadians.

by Anonymousreply 24November 11, 2018 11:26 PM

Maybe because the photographer or publisher had a crush on Trudeau -- "Tear down that BITCH of a bearing wall and put a window where it OUGHT to be!"

by Anonymousreply 25November 11, 2018 11:39 PM

I know this is fucked up, given that it's such a somber occasion, but I'm somewhat jealous of Angela here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 12, 2018 1:03 AM

Justin Trudeau's ass should be front and center

by Anonymousreply 27November 12, 2018 1:09 AM

That photo makes me want to cry. There's the world. And then there's shithead.

by Anonymousreply 28November 12, 2018 1:17 AM

Old in NYC - what is your opinion of Justin Trudeau?

by Anonymousreply 29November 12, 2018 1:18 AM

I'd have to interrogate him VERY thoroughly and at length before giving a definitive answer, but, preliminarily, he's HOT.

by Anonymousreply 30November 12, 2018 1:23 AM

R30 I guess us Canadians should all be grateful I guess

by Anonymousreply 31November 12, 2018 1:26 AM

I know this site loves wimps so I'm sure Macron and Trudeau are your favorites.

by Anonymousreply 32November 12, 2018 1:53 AM

[quote] I know this site loves wimps so I'm sure Macron and Trudeau are your favorites.

Trudeau can take anyone in a boxing ring - that is no characteristic of a wimp

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 12, 2018 2:00 AM

Correct I suspect [R1] Even if Justin wasn't in the centre I think because of his height ,physique and movie star looks it would have been natural for people to gravitate towards him visually first anyway so made more sense to have him as the natural centre.

by Anonymousreply 34November 12, 2018 2:04 AM

R33 anyone bottling his sweat could strike it rich by selling it.

by Anonymousreply 35November 12, 2018 2:10 AM

It's from this year, R21.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 12, 2018 2:14 AM

That picture was cropped. Here's a wider shot and even it doesn't show the entire width of the street, but it looks like Macron and Merkel were in the center. You have to scroll down a bit to see the wider shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 12, 2018 5:45 AM

Told ya.

by Anonymousreply 38November 12, 2018 5:48 AM

Because he's not under an umbrella, the light is hitting his (Trudeau's) face more than Macron's. He's taller as well.

by Anonymousreply 39November 12, 2018 5:52 AM

Who is the black woman in the blue dress? Love her coat.

by Anonymousreply 40November 12, 2018 6:44 AM

R27, here's Trudeau's amazing ass:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 29, 2018 10:29 PM

I would let Justin Trudeau bend me over that desk:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 30, 2018 2:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!