Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nicole Kidman, as you've never seen her before

No lips, no makeup, no holds barred in "Destroyer" (2018).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 2, 2019 6:49 PM

Her walker and oxygen tank are still digitally edited out.

by Anonymousreply 1October 20, 2018 5:19 AM

In interviews, she'll whine about the hours she spent in the makeup/ special effects chair in order to look like her "character". In reality, it was a heavy duty makeup wipe that did the job.

She will be held up as heroine for playing "ugly".

by Anonymousreply 2October 20, 2018 5:48 AM

Now she looks like Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 3October 20, 2018 5:55 AM

She is totally unrecognizable. I could stare at that pic for a month and never guess who it was.

by Anonymousreply 4October 20, 2018 5:57 AM

She sho is ugly

by Anonymousreply 5October 20, 2018 6:02 AM

She still had her wrinkles botoxed away.

by Anonymousreply 6October 20, 2018 6:15 AM

o brother her big pick for an Oscar nom...

bitch go home we tired of ur dramatic antics and botox technique of 'acting'....

by Anonymousreply 7October 20, 2018 6:19 AM

Is that cynthia nixon?

by Anonymousreply 8October 20, 2018 6:44 AM

The movie premise sounds interesting, but what kind of gang would she be believable in??

by Anonymousreply 9October 20, 2018 7:12 AM

She's a good, sometimes great actress with the most prestigious and adventurous resume of any female film star, ever. I love Nicole Kidman - she's for real. She suffers for the work, she's an actress that still travels somewhere internally to explore a character. Really, she's fucking great. Look at the list of her work. There's not much she hasn't tried. Of course she's very ambitious, but she's also excellent. This is what she does. She's an actress.

by Anonymousreply 10October 20, 2018 7:20 AM

The makeup artist should have added some wrinkles since NK insists on having none.

by Anonymousreply 11October 20, 2018 7:43 AM

At last! A natural beauty!

by Anonymousreply 12October 20, 2018 7:48 AM

She is so ridiculous, she just does this in hopes of getting another oscar and this is actually her way of staying relevant, but she always ruins these projects with yet another atrocious wig.

by Anonymousreply 13October 20, 2018 8:05 AM

Her hair looks much thicker than her peroxided and over-straightened mess. I guess that's a plus.

by Anonymousreply 14October 20, 2018 8:07 AM

Way way overdone ‘get ugly to win Oscar’. This is a Christmas release ? I was suicidal just watching the trailer ....

by Anonymousreply 15October 20, 2018 9:07 AM

I knew that was Kidman immediately. Meh. The woman who really did some courageous make-up, and had the incredible acting skills to pull off the role, was Charlize Theron in Monster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 20, 2018 9:15 AM

Damnit. Now I'm going to have to get a new hat. My hat says 'destroyer' on it. Could I Sharpie out some of the letters to make it say something else?

by Anonymousreply 17October 20, 2018 9:38 AM

Kinda reminds me of Mimi Driver in OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 18October 20, 2018 9:41 AM

R18 did you mean to say Mimi Rogers or Minnie Driver?

by Anonymousreply 19October 20, 2018 11:14 AM

That's what she would look like, without all the cosmetic procedures. Au naturale..

by Anonymousreply 20October 20, 2018 11:39 AM

I see no difference from her usual “look”

by Anonymousreply 21October 20, 2018 11:50 AM

I'll guarantee you that's exactly what she looks like when she wakes up in the morning, before her team arrives to paint on her face.

by Anonymousreply 22October 20, 2018 11:53 AM

R17, if you Sharpie out the "d", turn the "y" into a "g" and the "r" into an "n", you'll get "estrogen". Better leave it alone.

by Anonymousreply 23October 20, 2018 1:53 PM

I’ve seen the film. Darling Nicole is completely worthy of Glenn’s spot among the five Best Actress nominations this year!

by Anonymousreply 24October 20, 2018 2:33 PM

They reached out to me to take this role, but it'll be decades before I can pull that off.

by Anonymousreply 25October 20, 2018 2:39 PM

So now she's going naturally ugly instead of unnaturally.

by Anonymousreply 26October 20, 2018 2:44 PM

Looks pretentious.

by Anonymousreply 27October 20, 2018 3:07 PM

Poor Glennie. For obvious reasons she can’t get ugly for a role and win an Oscar. Poor poor Glennie.

by Anonymousreply 28October 20, 2018 3:36 PM

"Nic knows" - Tom Cruise on why he divorced Kidman.

Now we all know!!? SHE UGGGLEEE!

by Anonymousreply 29October 20, 2018 6:20 PM

does anyone know the plot? does she looks like that in the movie because she suffered some kind of accident that ravaged her or it's just that she's older? Her younger self in the movie looks good, right?

by Anonymousreply 30October 20, 2018 6:25 PM

The director also did a The Invitation so I’m a little excited about the movie.

by Anonymousreply 31October 20, 2018 6:37 PM

I think her face looks so mask-like, they have to use make-up to make her look her actual age. It's quite bizarre.

Her face was heavily "redone" in Top of the lake, too. She, also, wore false teeth for some reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 20, 2018 6:42 PM

R32 HOW DID I MISS THIS?!

I looooved the first “Top of the Lake”.

What the hell happened to her nose?

by Anonymousreply 33October 20, 2018 6:47 PM

Keith sees her like that every morning.

by Anonymousreply 34October 20, 2018 7:03 PM

R31 I fucking loved that movie. Atmospheric, slow building and spooky with a genuinely freaky ending. I felt like very few people saw it though.

by Anonymousreply 35October 20, 2018 7:05 PM

Is this coming out for Oscar season?

by Anonymousreply 36October 20, 2018 7:28 PM

I so enjoyed having her on the set of this new Resident Evil chapter, don’t miss it!

by Anonymousreply 37October 20, 2018 7:36 PM

[quote]The director also did The Invitation so I’m a little excited about the movie.

I'm a scaredy cat but I started watching that movie not knowing it was going to be scary and it was surprisingly good.

by Anonymousreply 38October 20, 2018 7:38 PM

Big fucking deal.

I can look like that on any Monday morning without having to slather Brown eye shadow all over my face

by Anonymousreply 39October 20, 2018 9:22 PM

She looks like Carole Radziwell in that photo. Especially around the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 40October 20, 2018 9:26 PM

Can't believe she didn't get an Oscar nod. Her performance blew me away (more than Gaga's just-competent turn, or that Mexican non-actress).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 3, 2019 8:36 PM

So what she would look like if she never set foot in a plastic surgeons office.

by Anonymousreply 42March 3, 2019 8:38 PM

Destroyer is a classic case of hyped movie: you read about how awesome it is for months, how shocking and brilliant, then it's released and gets ZERO recognition by the audience, the serious critics and the academy. It must be pretty shitty for Nicole. At least Glenn got a nom out of The Wife.

by Anonymousreply 43March 3, 2019 8:40 PM

Just like she has makeup to look glamorous, she also has makeup to look lees than glamorous.

by Anonymousreply 44March 3, 2019 9:33 PM

Hahaha, all that and this bitch didn’t get a nomination? I never even heard of that movie.

by Anonymousreply 45March 3, 2019 9:35 PM

Oh God she looks like DR. LAURA!

by Anonymousreply 46March 3, 2019 10:18 PM

Has anybody actually seen this movie? It got decent reviews.

by Anonymousreply 47April 2, 2019 12:54 PM

i started and got bored after 15 minutes. The "look at us, we are GRITTY" approach was almost a parody to me. Maybe it gets better. Dunno.

by Anonymousreply 48April 2, 2019 6:40 PM

r47, saw it back in January. It's...uneven, let's put it that way. For one thing, the narrative is skipping around in time, twice-over, but you're only aware of one of the narrative skips until the end of the movie, and so it's a bit confusing for about the first 45 minutes. Kidman is also very uneven: she has some great moments, particularly the scenes with her daughter (blanking on the actresses name), but she also has moments where she's ACTING and you can tell it's clearly designed to impress the viewer rather than create a genuine character. Tatiana Maslany easily steals the film as a drug addict and it's she who should've been the focus of any Oscar talk.

by Anonymousreply 49April 2, 2019 6:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!