Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So What’s in the Kavanaugh Report?

Seems like all it would take is for the interview with Mark Judge to confirm Dr. Ford’s story is true, proving Brett to be a liar. Here’s hoping.

by Anonymousreply 83October 4, 2018 9:28 PM

Here's to hope - but I"m betting the report is very brief and will include nothing that could be viewed as incriminating

by Anonymousreply 1October 4, 2018 12:56 PM

The White House says it contains nothing incriminating, of course.

The FBI was only allowed to interview 8 people. 40 more potential witnesses did not get interviewed.

Ford and Kavanaugh themselves did not get interviewed.

by Anonymousreply 2October 4, 2018 1:03 PM

This process sickens me. I'd be OK if the report cleared Kavanaugh as long as it was an investigation that wasn't being directed by the White House. Actually, that's only partly true. Kavanaugh shouldn't be confirmed because of how he handled himself when giving testimony. That, to me, is disqualifying. That blame game, righteous indignation, white man fury is right out of Trump's playbook and I fear is all it takes to make it to the Supreme Court. Sickening.

by Anonymousreply 3October 4, 2018 1:09 PM

Fake investigation! Sad!

by Anonymousreply 4October 4, 2018 1:14 PM

Pussies were grabbed.

by Anonymousreply 5October 4, 2018 1:15 PM

They found out Dr. Ford has made several baseless allegations against all the other Supreme Court Justices.

by Anonymousreply 6October 4, 2018 1:16 PM

Whitewash. Total sham investigation.

by Anonymousreply 7October 4, 2018 1:30 PM

One of the staff members of Senator Graham tweeted this photo yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 4, 2018 1:36 PM

David Frum:

“We searched everywhere except where lawyers for the accused told us not to look. We didn’t find anything where we were allowed to look. So that proves there was nothing there.”

by Anonymousreply 9October 4, 2018 1:40 PM

R8: That is so despicable. No shame whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 10October 4, 2018 1:41 PM

To be clear, Frum is criticizing the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 11October 4, 2018 1:42 PM

Mark Judge would never do that to Brett.

by Anonymousreply 12October 4, 2018 1:44 PM

Bros before hoes

by Anonymousreply 13October 4, 2018 1:45 PM

Welcome to Russia suckers!

by Anonymousreply 14October 4, 2018 1:56 PM

Yeah nothing is in the report, The White House already saw it last night and they are very confident. Of course, The White also dictated to the FBI what they were allowed to do.

by Anonymousreply 15October 4, 2018 1:57 PM

Judge is a big liar and the repugs would pay him big bucks to lie.

by Anonymousreply 16October 4, 2018 2:04 PM

His demeanor at the hearing is one reason alone why he shouldn't be confirmed. Hoping that enough will vote against him to make him go down.

by Anonymousreply 17October 4, 2018 2:05 PM

Judge lied.

by Anonymousreply 18October 4, 2018 2:11 PM

[quote]So What’s in the Kavanaugh Report?

I found a quarter-pounder and a supersized fries in mine!

I didn't read past that part.

by Anonymousreply 19October 4, 2018 2:13 PM

What's in it? It's just a list of liquor stores that will deliver.

by Anonymousreply 20October 4, 2018 2:15 PM

Judge will have to live with his lie for the rest of his life, and the consequences of helping install the swing vote justice.

I could not live with a lie like that.

by Anonymousreply 21October 4, 2018 2:17 PM

[quote]The White House says it contains nothing incriminating, of course.

Sexual molester looks at evidence of sexual molestation and says "move along -- nothing to see here!"

by Anonymousreply 22October 4, 2018 2:18 PM

Judge can, r21 -- in fact he probably relishes it!

by Anonymousreply 23October 4, 2018 2:19 PM

Based on what has been said, Judge is on the hook for more dangerous behavior than Kavanaugh. It isn't about protecting his buddy, it is about protecting himself.

by Anonymousreply 24October 4, 2018 2:27 PM

It’s just a stack of memos saying, “I don’t recall.”

by Anonymousreply 25October 4, 2018 2:46 PM

Lots of I don't recalls. Now the Repugs can say they had their FBI investigation.

In reality the best outcome for political reasons would be Kavanaugh being confirmed and then lots of other crap about him coming out in the future. That would rile up the Dem base to get off their asses and vote in November.

by Anonymousreply 26October 4, 2018 2:51 PM

At this point anyone not riled is either brain dead or a deplorable

by Anonymousreply 27October 4, 2018 2:56 PM

That so many Americans don’t know, or don’t seem to care that we are being overrun by a foreign (now domestic as well!) enemy is shocking.

The GOP & Putin must also be somewhat shocked as well,at how easily they’ve been able to implement their plans. They are laughing at us. Laughing and emptying the coffers.

by Anonymousreply 28October 4, 2018 3:36 PM

But did they talk to Squee?

by Anonymousreply 29October 4, 2018 3:39 PM

R29 Yes

by Anonymousreply 30October 4, 2018 3:40 PM

The Founding Fathers weren't that smart afterall if the ruling party can just consolidate all the the power and get away with fascist shit like this.

by Anonymousreply 31October 4, 2018 3:47 PM

r21 people like that don't care. they are like Trump. as long as it keeps him out of trouble

by Anonymousreply 32October 4, 2018 3:49 PM

R31

In this particular scenario, the 2017 Republican elimination of the 60 vote rule for Gorsuch is really to blame.

by Anonymousreply 33October 4, 2018 3:52 PM

There is no real Kavanaugh report...it is just something put together by a bunch of 5th graders.

by Anonymousreply 34October 4, 2018 3:53 PM

Did they talk to Tobin, the weight guy lol?

Mark Judge has been conditioned all his life to look out for and cover up for his friends if needed. He's not going to break from that role now, this late in the game. All of those prep school jocks are conditioned in that way.

by Anonymousreply 35October 4, 2018 3:55 PM

Who are Judge's parents? And what kind of 'recovering alcoholic' takes a job at a liquor store? Further, what kind of Georgetown Prep alumni takes a job at a liquor store?

by Anonymousreply 36October 4, 2018 3:57 PM

Republicans would pay Judge to say anything they wanted him to.

by Anonymousreply 37October 4, 2018 4:00 PM

If we take the House this isn't over.

I don't care what Pelosi says.

by Anonymousreply 38October 4, 2018 4:01 PM

Does anyone think that Mark Judge is going to tell the truth? Who's going to charge him with lying to the FBI when we have a President who does nothing but lie, and an FBI who has been made powerless and useless? I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Ford is the one who has criminal charges filed against her as a way to put women in their place and keep anyone else from coming forward.

by Anonymousreply 39October 4, 2018 4:04 PM

R23, that is very disturbing.

R30 for real?!

by Anonymousreply 40October 4, 2018 4:06 PM

Flake and Collins see nothing disturbing in the report. What phonies. All a sham.

by Anonymousreply 41October 4, 2018 4:06 PM

I'd like to see the report.

by Anonymousreply 42October 4, 2018 4:07 PM

R33, the Democrats, frustrated by Republicans blocking Obama's appointees, employed the same strategy in 2013. Each side is reaping what they've sown.

Kavanaugh is unfit to sit on the Supreme Court, because of this very serious allegation. if the Republicans were smart, they would have told Trump to pull his nomination. Trump could then have nominated Amy Coney Barrett, who is as much a textualist as Kavanaugh. Earlier in September, money was on the Republicans not losing the Senate. She could have been confirmed easily. Now, the Republicans may lose the Senate because of their support for Kavanaugh and dismissal of and attacks on Ford.

They are reaping what they sow. Trump and the Republicans are further dividing this country. They are vile.

by Anonymousreply 43October 4, 2018 4:08 PM

[quote]Now, the Republicans may lose the Senate because of their support for Kavanaugh and dismissal of and attacks on Ford.

Highly unlikely, given the way polls are trending and the vast amount of money right-wing groups are funneling into elections. BUT there is still a month left, we have to hope the Kavanaugh debacle energizes even more Democratic voters to the polls. BUT again -- these findings from a September Gallup poll are a major red flag:

Certain to vote in '18:

65+ 82%

50-64 69%

30-49 55%

18-29 26% <----- 🚨

Anglo 65%

Af-Am 66%

Latinx 27% <----- 🚨

by Anonymousreply 44October 4, 2018 4:18 PM

BREAKING NEWS: GOP Sens. Flake and Collins express satisfaction with FBI report, increasing odds of Senate confirmation of Kavanaugh this weekend.

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), who has not indicated how she would vote, said that “It appears to be a very thorough investigation but I’m going back later to personally read the interviews.”

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) told reporters, “We’ve seen no additional corroborating information.”

Collins, Flake and Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) are the critical votes that could ensure Brett M. Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

A leading Republican said Thursday that a new FBI report on Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh found “no hint of misconduct,” while Democrats called it incomplete and suggested that the White House limited the probe to protect President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee.

by Anonymousreply 45October 4, 2018 4:21 PM

Graham is principleless...man corrupted by ambition and politics

by Anonymousreply 46October 4, 2018 4:28 PM

The reports found that Kavanaugh likes beer, he REALLY likes beer.

by Anonymousreply 47October 4, 2018 4:30 PM

Collins statement made it clear Kavanaugh is is headed to the Supreme Court. This lying asshole is going to be a Justice, and a bitter one.

by Anonymousreply 48October 4, 2018 4:30 PM

I hope they confirm the cunt. It will work out much better for Democrats in November that way.

At the same time I hope that journalists will keep working on the Kavanaugh story and uncover all of his dirty secrets.

by Anonymousreply 49October 4, 2018 4:33 PM

And the Republicans finally get what they want -- no, it's not the end of abortion they care about, that talk is just to keep the rubes in line. They now have five "constitutionalists" on the Supreme Court who will one day find that there's nothing in the constitution about Social Security, Medicaid or Medicare.

by Anonymousreply 50October 4, 2018 4:33 PM

Now the FBI has even less credibility than before-thanks to WH. And honestly due to Comey's actions during the election. So who will believe anything the FBI comes up with after this latest farce. I will vote and hope to vote the Republicans out of House and Senate but I have no confidence at all in the elections.

I am sick of the media so carefully talking about Trumps base. Why not just come out and say they are racist, misogynist, uneducated, and yes, deplorable.

Bob Woodward book out of the news as is Comey's book and Omarosa's and the NY Times We Are the Resistance editorial and the latest NY Times not making as much impact as it should or would at any other time.

by Anonymousreply 51October 4, 2018 4:34 PM

Kavanaugh will be old news in a month. Americans have no attention spans.

by Anonymousreply 52October 4, 2018 4:34 PM

[quote] it's not the end of abortion they care about, that talk is just to keep the rubes in line

r50, you are very very very wrong about that.

by Anonymousreply 53October 4, 2018 4:35 PM

Oh, they'll severely curtail abortion, R53 -- though they won't repeal it -- but what the elites really care about is doing away with America's social safety net.

by Anonymousreply 54October 4, 2018 4:37 PM

r54, yes, they will repeal it. It'll be gone by March.

by Anonymousreply 55October 4, 2018 4:40 PM

If the idiots that make up the electorate in this country keep voting for this crap, then this is what we get.

If the progressive side of this country can't get motivated to get out and vote, and vote a straight DEM ticket in every race, at every level - they have no one to blame but themselves. Stop whining.

by Anonymousreply 56October 4, 2018 4:43 PM

R44 , your poll is way off. Latino Voter participation in California was above 65% . You cannot arrive at 27% nationally if California votes at those rates. Mathematically impossible. R44, do you have the raw data of the Gallup survey? That would give us a better idea of how they arrived at that number compare to whites and African-Americans.

by Anonymousreply 57October 4, 2018 4:44 PM

This is where the numbers came from, R57:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 4, 2018 4:47 PM

I doubt this is in the report

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 4, 2018 5:53 PM

I think that's probably the house r59. Seems to fit. And that date in July fits.

by Anonymousreply 60October 4, 2018 5:57 PM

R59, thanks for think. When you listen to Dr. Ford’s description, it sounds exactly like the layout of the house that the film crew was given access to.

by Anonymousreply 61October 4, 2018 6:20 PM

How could we know? Only about twenty people will get to see it.

by Anonymousreply 62October 4, 2018 6:21 PM

This "hard-hitting" indepth FBI report is a sham.

Look, I agree that we may never get the substantive corroboration regarding the sexual assaults...but you know what? IT SHOULDN'T MATTER

He lied and perjured himself. I guess those voting YES will conveniently forget that...casting shame on themselves and the Senate Body.

Beneath contempt.

by Anonymousreply 63October 4, 2018 6:31 PM

Ford is a big liar, paid to lie.

by Anonymousreply 64October 4, 2018 6:36 PM

Gallup is a Republican pollster and rarely gets it right.

by Anonymousreply 65October 4, 2018 6:41 PM

I meant to say thanks for the link, R59. Not for “think”. Geez.

by Anonymousreply 66October 4, 2018 6:41 PM

[quote] [R54], yes, they will repeal it. It'll be gone by March.

No it won’t, Mary!

by Anonymousreply 67October 4, 2018 7:22 PM

Now Gallup is a Republican pollster??! Sweet Jesus. lmao.

by Anonymousreply 68October 4, 2018 7:22 PM

So Inside Edition could find the house but not the FBI?

by Anonymousreply 69October 4, 2018 7:39 PM

[quote]Now the FBI has even less credibility than before-thanks to WH. And honestly due to Comey's actions during the election.

Comey was on Twitter quoting St. Ronald Reagan today. He's filth.

But he's a Republican, so that goes without saying.

by Anonymousreply 70October 4, 2018 7:40 PM

[quote]Ford is a big liar, paid to lie.

Sure Boris.

by Anonymousreply 71October 4, 2018 8:20 PM

R69, exactly! If the FBI can’t find a house within a 50 mile radius from their headquarters, then America is really doomed. This just reflects poorly on the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 72October 4, 2018 8:44 PM

Liberal attorney here and it sickens me to think that such an unqualified and partisan man will sit on the SCOTUS for the next 35 years (or until his liver gives out).

But I don't 100% believe her. Honestly, he's just as believable as she is. It's basically a he-said, she-said at this point. But I think this revealed a very emotional and unstable person who lashes out when he feels threatened who will hold a definite grudge against the liberals for dragging him through this. Can you imagine him being the lone dissent? He'll punch Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

And as someone noted, people are already starting to tire from this. I'm seeing the fervent Trump haters moving onto other things even now. That scares the crap out of me.

by Anonymousreply 73October 4, 2018 8:51 PM

[quote]But I don't 100% believe her. Honestly, he's just as believable as she is.

With his track record? So the other women stepping forward means... nothing? His former classmates, his own words in letters and his yearbook?

by Anonymousreply 74October 4, 2018 8:58 PM

R[73] read Benjamin Wittes article in the Atlantic. He's known him professionally for 25 years and always admired him but would vote NO for Supreme Court. And he claims both sides were not equally credible.

Just blowing smoke in the wind since he'll get confirmed anyway

by Anonymousreply 75October 4, 2018 9:01 PM

R73 here. I have doubt whatsoever that Kav did some sketchy and probably rapey things in highschool and college. And I'm 100% aware he was lying about boffing, the devil's triangle, Renate alumnus, etc. etc. But again, I'm not 100% on Ford's side. I've worked with sex abuse survivors and her story just doesn't play out with. She remembers some things clearly but other things literally not at all.

Like I said, no doubt he is a scumbag. He also probably doesn't want the FBI poking around and finding some of the stuff he absolutely did do but I'm not completely convinced it went down exactly like Ford seems to remember it did.

Either way, I vote a resounding "NO" because even if it came out that the whole thing was made up, he handled it in the worst possible way and showed his true colors. I am truly amazed at the people who overlook that or feel like he didn't lie at all.

by Anonymousreply 76October 4, 2018 9:09 PM

r75 when did you get here and how much time did you spend reading before you started posting?

by Anonymousreply 77October 4, 2018 9:10 PM

Kyl needs to recuse.

[quote]. The Judicial Crisis Network, the leading conservative nonprofit that is running advertisements in support of Kavanaugh’s confirmation, has spent about $12 million on the effort, according to sources familiar with the group — already more than the $10 million it spent in last year’s confirmation of Justice Neil Gorsuch. The Judicial Crisis Network, as a 501(c) (4) tax-exempt social welfare organization, does not need to publicly disclose its donors. It does, however, report its federal lobbying, which last year included paying Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz., who was a lobbyist at Covington & Burling until he returned to the chamber, replacing the late Sen. John McCain in September.

Kyl’s past paid lobbying for the Judicial Crisis Network, along with his unpaid role as Kavanaugh’s “sherpa” during this year’s confirmation process, has prompted some ethics experts and liberals to call on Kyl to recuse himself from voting on Kavanaugh’s nomination. Other experts in Senate ethics say Kyl’s past work is unlikely to trigger an actual conflict of interest as defined by the chamber’s rules. Kyl did not work for the Judicial Crisis Network in 2018. A spokeswoman for Kyl did not yet provide comment. In light of Kyl’s “role in guiding Judge Kavanaugh through the confirmation process, he should recuse himself from the final vote,” said Meredith McGehee, executive director of the campaign finance overhaul group Issue One.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 4, 2018 9:16 PM

For those who doubted Dr. Ford's credibility, it is interesting that we did not hear much commentary about the impact of trauma on a rape survivor's short-term memory. There are numerous studies validate this: while such minor things as the color of the perpetrator's shirt will forever be etched in the victim's mind, other details, like surrounding, time, date, etc are chucked out the window as the brain goes into fight or flight response.

by Anonymousreply 79October 4, 2018 9:16 PM

R76, one thing is clear. You know NOTHING about sexual abuse survivors.

It’s very common for sexual abuse survivors to remember some details of their abuse while having no memory of other things that some would consider important.

by Anonymousreply 80October 4, 2018 9:18 PM

Heitkamp to vote no (D-N.D.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 4, 2018 9:19 PM

When he got really drunk at Yale, did he go into a men's room to get sucked off?

by Anonymousreply 82October 4, 2018 9:27 PM

[quote]But again, I'm not 100% on Ford's side. I've worked with sex abuse survivors and her story just doesn't play out with. She remembers some things clearly but other things literally not at all.

As both r79 and r80 have stared, you have no idea what you’re talking about with regards to trauma, PTSD, and memory loss.

by Anonymousreply 83October 4, 2018 9:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!