Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WTF happened to Todd Newton and his career

Only a short while ago, he was considered the heir apparent to Game Shows. Even night time game shows took off but Newton didn't. His IMDB is shockingly sparse for at least five years and he's only 48. Was it drugs. He's also heavily inked up since we last saw him. A couple of years back, he was hosting the live version of "Price is Right" in Vegas during the days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 1, 2018 4:24 AM

I forgot all about him! Lord he looks like a douche in OP’s pic.

by Anonymousreply 1September 30, 2018 5:20 PM

Dead Nickelback eyes.

by Anonymousreply 2September 30, 2018 8:01 PM

That's an old 48.

by Anonymousreply 3September 30, 2018 8:05 PM

I recently saw him on the Evine channel, a home shopping network. It used to be known as ShopNBC.

by Anonymousreply 4September 30, 2018 8:12 PM

Was he a host, R4, or was he hawking something nobody in their right mind would want?

by Anonymousreply 5September 30, 2018 8:18 PM

Yes, he's a host on some obscure shopping channel. I think he's gay and also had a pretty bad drug problem. Lots of hosting jobs, like The Bachelor, or even a morning gig like the one Mark Steines got fired from should have been his. He had a very warm and inviting presence but now he looks scary.

by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2018 8:22 PM

I enjoyed him when he was on E! from the early days of the network. I was surprised to see him all inked up on Evine recently. He was selling something with Paula Deen and was talking a mile a minute. It was reasonably entertaining but it was very weird.

I hope he’s ok. Doesn’t he have a bunch of kids?

by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2018 8:28 PM

I was looking through his instagram. First, he's a really old and rough looking 48. No way natural aging did that to him. Second, his voice sounds dried out and nasally, which often suggest cocaine use. It could just be booze but for him to have fallen so quickly off the radar says something is up. He lives in Arizona.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2018 9:07 PM

He really needs botox or fillers for his forehead. Those are Gordon Ramsey creases.

Despite the fact that he's hideously inked up, he has sexy muscular forearms nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 9September 30, 2018 9:15 PM

He would likely be mistaken for a homeless person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 30, 2018 9:26 PM

Who is this person?

by Anonymousreply 11September 30, 2018 9:27 PM

This is how he looked hosting the daytime Emmys five years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2018 9:30 PM

Here he is one year later. Yikes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 30, 2018 9:31 PM

I remember him from the before picture. I assumed he was gay. His whole persona has done a 180. Very odd.

by Anonymousreply 14September 30, 2018 9:32 PM

I remember when he hosted a Coming Attractions Show in the earliest days of the E network. He would basically describe a movie trailer and then show it. Stupid and he knew it. You could tell that he didn’t take it or himself too seriously.

Then E got VERY serious about showbiz with people like Steve Kmetko who would report on Julia Roberts like she was the president. Perhaps Todd’s style didn’t mesh with that.

He’s a talented broadcaster but maybe he has demons. Everyone gets old, I guess. Still, I’d much rather watch him than Ghouliana or whichever other idiot currently hosts E.

by Anonymousreply 15September 30, 2018 9:57 PM

The tattoos are an obvious cry for help

by Anonymousreply 16September 30, 2018 9:58 PM

I don’t think he looks that different from r12 to r13.

OP’s pic, on the other hand, is disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 17September 30, 2018 10:27 PM

The progression of his vile tats over the years demonstrates a progressive mid life crisis. Apparently he's too stupid to see how all those tats reduce his media marketability greatly.

by Anonymousreply 18September 30, 2018 10:38 PM

“Body art does not define a performer!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 30, 2018 10:50 PM

I didn’t recognize him at all in the OP pic. The name rang a bell but there was no connection until I read further. That’s quite a difference!

I wonder if Ryan Seacrest has his career? They were similar looking and operating at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 20September 30, 2018 10:59 PM

Damn that’s a rough looking 48. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 21September 30, 2018 11:01 PM

He private has a google alert set up to alert him when a website references him....

:)

by Anonymousreply 22September 30, 2018 11:03 PM

R15 I remember that And all those early E! shows. In fact, I remember when E! Was called Movietime. It changed to E! In 1990. I was amazed how big a network it became because I watched from the very beginning , and I used to get the channel only a few hours a day.

Steve Kmetko is long gone though. He was a lot better than Jason effing Kennedy, actually.

by Anonymousreply 23September 30, 2018 11:04 PM

E! should never have gotten rid of Kmetko who was quite likable and well known enough to have had Will Ferrell impersonate him on SNL.

That network has turned to shit anyway. Has Kmetko done anything since?

by Anonymousreply 24September 30, 2018 11:33 PM

R24 not that I know of - nothing listed. Jules Asner doesn’t seem to have, either. Both of them are Edward R. Murrow compared to the people on now.

by Anonymousreply 25October 1, 2018 2:40 AM

Jules is still married to Steven Soderburgh so at least she’s living a comfortable life.

by Anonymousreply 26October 1, 2018 3:03 AM

Like I said, it's an old 48, but not an unsexy 48.

What's his dinklage?

by Anonymousreply 27October 1, 2018 3:08 AM

OMG. I actually used to have a uge crush on Todd Newton back in the day. This is so sad.

by Anonymousreply 28October 1, 2018 3:18 AM

I just checked who hes following on IG. Not only is he straight but he might be a douchey Trump supporter too.

by Anonymousreply 29October 1, 2018 3:20 AM

He was such a wholesome-looking guy on the E Channel.

by Anonymousreply 30October 1, 2018 4:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!