Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Roseanne Connor to die of OPIOID OVERDOSE

A death most deplorable!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102September 23, 2018 7:06 PM

I thought they'd go with something more mean spriited

by Anonymousreply 1September 17, 2018 11:39 PM

Killing her instead of her disappearing and never being spoken of again, as has happened to characters on some shows, is the intended spirit of the act.

by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2018 11:43 PM

How was the funeral, was she dead? Then it was fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2018 11:44 PM

Jamie Lee traps Michael Myers in her basement and sets him on fire. All three Strode women survive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2018 11:44 PM

I love it!

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2018 11:46 PM

They should have sent her to rehab and then see from there, killing her right away is cruel and unfair to Roseanne and the fans

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2018 11:58 PM

They should expose the Roseanne as the bi-polar, diseased drug abusing whore that she always was...

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2018 11:58 PM

It's only cruel to anyone trapped in a permanent childhood.

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2018 12:01 AM

She should have been defenestrated by the cross-dressing grandson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2018 12:02 AM

She should have taken a part-time job at the Lanford High Fructose Corn Syrup Factory and killed after falling into an industrial-sized mixer.

A season-long subplot could have involved the factory's attempt to sue the Connors because they can't scrape all the bits of her fat ass out of the machinery.

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2018 12:04 AM

Well they set it up for that but they could have made a double whammy social impact statement if they had her going to a third world country for surgery that she couldn't afford in the US which is why she got addicted to opioids in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2018 12:11 AM

who cares about the crazy whore?!

i'm going to eat double dipped chocolate peanuts!

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2018 12:15 AM

The show should've had the balls to kill her off in a meaner way. Roseanne Conner was obviously just Roseanne Barr, who although always a cunt, wasn't originally a crazy Nazi too. But that's what she became, and so did Roseanne Conner as a consequence.

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2018 12:20 AM

I'd like to think that she staged a Ruby Ridge situation and died in the hail of bullets, fired by federal agents.

by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2018 12:24 AM

They should have had her lose her health insurance when republicans successfully repealed Obamacare, then slowly rotted llimb by limb from untreated diabetes, no longer able to afford insulin or treatment.

by Anonymousreply 15September 18, 2018 12:26 AM

They should have had her die under Trump motorcade.

by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2018 12:28 AM

This show is going to be a big fail.

by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2018 12:30 AM

We'll find out soon, it's debuting in a month, mid-October. It hope it's a resounding success, just to piss off Roseanne and Repugs in general.

by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2018 12:35 AM

Who is even the audience for this, though?

by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2018 12:38 AM

You mean we only watched for Roseanne? News to me...

by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2018 12:39 AM

Perhaps a Roseanne-type is a necessary ingredient, but Roseanne herself sure isn't.

by Anonymousreply 21September 18, 2018 12:41 AM

Since it is Roseanne who gets killed, her death should have been a "Murder on the Orient Express" scenario with each justifiably aggrieved member of the family stabbing her once.

by Anonymousreply 22September 18, 2018 12:41 AM

"She's dead. Dead! She's passed away. No, she's DEAD!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 18, 2018 12:41 AM

[quote]I thought they'd go with something more mean spriited

I was hoping for a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 24September 18, 2018 12:43 AM

What will be the new opening theme? "Ding, Dong, The Witch Is Dead!"?

by Anonymousreply 25September 18, 2018 12:45 AM

Can people die from being slowly and painfully eaten alive by bugs within? Then that is how she should die.

by Anonymousreply 26September 18, 2018 12:49 AM

Attacked by an ape

by Anonymousreply 27September 18, 2018 12:51 AM

Killing her off is a knee-jerk reaction to current politics that will not resonate with the audience that watched this drivel. Like a drunk Tweet or hefty crap, it probably feels good in the moment, but there will be backlash and chapping later.

by Anonymousreply 28September 18, 2018 1:00 AM

Bump for original thread.

by Anonymousreply 29September 18, 2018 1:09 AM

R23 i LOVED 'jackie' in that scene.......she is such a tremendous actor!!!! ( a Gemini) Laurie Metcalf.

by Anonymousreply 30September 18, 2018 1:23 AM

I wonder if this is how she will really die? Sounds too close to comfort.

by Anonymousreply 31September 18, 2018 1:28 AM

Oops: for not to

by Anonymousreply 32September 18, 2018 1:28 AM

R31 meant too close for comfort

by Anonymousreply 33September 18, 2018 1:29 AM

Dammit I was hoping she’d get partially eaten by a bear and the pain from infection caused her to drown in opioids, and THEN she dies.

Fuck that stupid loudmouth ignorant fat fuck deplorable twat.

by Anonymousreply 34September 18, 2018 1:31 AM

They should have come up with some funny way for her death. The way they are treating this so seriously makes me think the show will be nothing like the original show.

by Anonymousreply 35September 18, 2018 1:37 AM

All they did is eliminate one cunt actress, everything else, the remaining cast, the writers, will be the same.

by Anonymousreply 36September 18, 2018 1:46 AM

Yea, but she had a lot of input in the themes and the general atmosphere of the show. As you know, any time an actor leaves or is replaced there is a noticeable change in the show.

by Anonymousreply 37September 18, 2018 1:50 AM

She should have choked on a Butterfinger.

by Anonymousreply 38September 18, 2018 1:56 AM

The Connors have no money, so they will have to remain living in the same house. That is just not going to work. Roseanne's fucking ghost is going to be everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 39September 18, 2018 1:58 AM

Becky will reveal that Roseanne had gone missing months earlier and was found dead in a Chicago crack and heroin den turning tricks to feed her addiction.

The toxicology report showed cocaine, methamphetamine and Fentanyl in her system. It was the Fentanyl that got the old gal.

The upside is that she had not eaten in weeks, lost 50 pounds and still had her teeth.

She looked 20 years younger in the casket.

She looked MAHVELOUS!

by Anonymousreply 40September 18, 2018 2:12 AM

Wasnt there a new muslim family living next to them or something? They should have rigged her car with an IED to blow her up, then the deplorables could feel satisfied the show illustrated that all muslims are terrorists.

by Anonymousreply 41September 18, 2018 2:18 AM

They are stupid for killing her off because if The Connors is a hit they could bring her back in a few years and it would be ratings gold. The public has a short memory.

by Anonymousreply 42September 18, 2018 2:53 AM

r42, nice try. Russian Troll?

by Anonymousreply 43September 18, 2018 3:59 AM

Who really cares if the show tanks for not? Glad they off'd the stupid, vile, racist bitch. It should have been in the public square with a black family, muslim family, mexican family and her own family taking turns knifing her as she screams about Valerie Jarrett.

by Anonymousreply 44September 18, 2018 4:01 AM

If they ever brought her back, they can always use the dream crap again.

by Anonymousreply 45September 18, 2018 4:09 AM

I favor something like this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 18, 2018 4:19 AM

If the show really wanted to piss her off, the season premier could show the Conners at the funeral home, facing one of those extra-extra-wide coffins.

by Anonymousreply 47September 18, 2018 4:51 AM

Seriously? R43

by Anonymousreply 48September 18, 2018 4:59 AM

Is it accidental, or did somebody do her in ?

by Anonymousreply 49September 18, 2018 5:07 AM

Scene: at the funeral parlor Darlene: Dan: No thanks, Darlene, I don't need any money. I have just enough in our savings account to cover the casket and the burial. Funeral Director: Excuse me Mr. Conner, we have a problem. It doesn't look like the standard size coffin is going to be sufficient. We'll need to go with an extra wide coffin. Darlene: Well, we always knew she'd end up in a double-wide someday. Dan: Darlene, shut up. (to the funeral director) How much more will that cost? Funeral Director: Because of the additional wood and the cost of shipping, it'll add about $800 to the total fees. Dan: I can't afford that. We still have medical bills from her surgery. Funeral Director: Well, there is another option. You can forgo the casket completely, and that will save you $2000. Dan begins crying. Darlene: Won't that make the viewing weird? Dan: Darlene, go home and get the afghan blanket off the couch and bring it here. Darlene: This is the worst Halloween ever.

by Anonymousreply 50September 18, 2018 5:26 AM

Let's try that again: Scene: at the funeral parlor

Darlene: Dad, do you need to borrow some money?

Dan: No thanks, Darlene, I don't need any money. I have just enough in our savings account to cover the casket and the burial.

Funeral Director: Excuse me Mr. Conner, we have a problem. It doesn't look like the standard size coffin is going to be sufficient. We'll need to go with an extra wide coffin.

Darlene: Well, we always knew she'd end up in a double-wide someday.

Dan: Darlene, shut up. (to the funeral director) How much more will that cost?

Funeral Director: Because of the additional wood and the cost of shipping, it'll add about $800 to the total fees.

Dan: I can't afford that. We still have medical bills from her surgery.

Funeral Director: Well, there is another option. You can forgo the casket completely, and that will save you $2000.

Dan begins crying.

Darlene: Won't that make the viewing weird?

Dan: Darlene, go home and get the afghan blanket off the couch and bring it here.

Darlene: This is the worst Halloween ever.

by Anonymousreply 51September 18, 2018 5:27 AM

R51 Love it! You should send that into them as a spec.

by Anonymousreply 52September 18, 2018 5:41 AM

That show was a conedy. People watched it to laugh. How do they think they’re going to pull this off? I don’t see it lasting.

by Anonymousreply 53September 18, 2018 5:50 AM

I think the lot of you should take a good look in the mirror. You sound like a bunch of catty, bitchy high school mean girls with all the name calling to make you feel better about yourselves and feel like you're morally superior and on the "winning team". Yes, Roseanne sucks and the show will most likely fail. End of story, move on. She has absolutely no affect on any of our lives.

by Anonymousreply 54September 18, 2018 6:03 AM

Couldn't they have come up with a better death? Like slipping at a trump rally and getting impaled on a placard stick.

Ok that's not funny. Cmon DLers. Suggest some.

by Anonymousreply 55September 18, 2018 6:34 AM

She gets kicked in the cunt bone and thrown in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 56September 18, 2018 11:16 AM

Probably not far from how Barr will eventually go, mixture of alcohol, ambien and pain killers.

by Anonymousreply 57September 18, 2018 11:21 AM

How about the whole house catches fire, and she doesn't make it out alive, and they all have to start a new life together somewhere else?

by Anonymousreply 58September 18, 2018 11:55 AM

I think that happened on The Hogan Family.

by Anonymousreply 59September 18, 2018 12:12 PM

It makes sense.

People will probably tune in for the first episode but I don't see it being a big success, at least compared to last season. And then we have to listen to Trumpsters gloat.

by Anonymousreply 60September 18, 2018 12:18 PM

Roseann was always incorporating social issues into her show. Opioids kill a lot of people. Why not her?

by Anonymousreply 61September 18, 2018 12:18 PM

Opioids? Lame. A better scenario would be her finally getting her big moment and being asked to sing the national anthem at a Trump rally. Then when, which she did in real life, she grabbed her crotch, the crowd thought she was mocking their Fearless Leader, stormed the stage to attack her, the security detail moved in to protect 45 and she got caught in the ensuing crossfire. Now that’s a fitting sendoff.

by Anonymousreply 62September 18, 2018 12:30 PM

R23 - that's the single best scene of the entire "Roseanne" series. Laurie Metcalf was and is brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 63September 18, 2018 12:39 PM

R62 That's a fitting finale

by Anonymousreply 64September 18, 2018 2:02 PM

R51 nice job!

by Anonymousreply 65September 18, 2018 2:31 PM

R61 because killing off beloved main characters derails the escapism of laugh-a-minute comedies and is a shitty thing to do to viewers.

by Anonymousreply 66September 18, 2018 3:14 PM

They should've done Roseanne ala Frannie from Mamas Family, or from Mama Cass, choking on some type of animal product would've been fitting...

by Anonymousreply 67September 18, 2018 4:59 PM

I think this is a hug to the right wing assholes who love Roseanne, letting her die in a way that continues to let the assholes think she is just like them instead of a zillionair who wouldn't waste her time to even spit on them.

by Anonymousreply 68September 18, 2018 6:54 PM

Mama Cass was not a cunt, and did not die from a sandwich. Everyone loved her, and her contributions to music- both her own and groups she got together.

by Anonymousreply 69September 18, 2018 9:19 PM

why not a grease fire?

by Anonymousreply 70September 18, 2018 9:27 PM

I hope Valerie Jarrett makes a cameo

by Anonymousreply 71September 18, 2018 9:36 PM

I kind of agree with R54. How exactly does Roseanne touch your life?

Look up "reactionary." I'll never forget how her Domestic Goddess routines shook up comedy and how she was a liberal icon. Something happened to her, and to me it's sad.

by Anonymousreply 72September 18, 2018 9:37 PM

I thought Kellyanne solved the opioid crisis?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 18, 2018 9:40 PM

She turns into an alt-right triggered snowflake and melts away. Oh, wait...

by Anonymousreply 74September 18, 2018 9:42 PM

I think i'ts inspired. And so many potential story lines later. Jackie and Dan could get much closer then fall in-love. Or Dan could just found another Roseanne II and get married. So many fat unemployed bitches to choose from in Hollywood. Darlene could go to the deeper end or just end up being a full on lesbo. Or she can get back with that guy from TBBT now that its ending.

by Anonymousreply 75September 18, 2018 10:00 PM

I still didn’t know that bitch was black!!

by Anonymousreply 76September 19, 2018 12:01 AM

This show will never make it beyond the initial run of new episodes.

by Anonymousreply 77September 19, 2018 12:37 AM

good!

by Anonymousreply 78September 19, 2018 12:46 AM

By the time the remake-remake airs, nobody is even going to care.

by Anonymousreply 79September 19, 2018 12:49 AM

Just curious, does Roseanne have a lawsuit currently in the works?

If not, I'm sure if this is really the plan to kill her off by a drug overdose, she won't waste any time initiating a suit.

by Anonymousreply 80September 19, 2018 12:52 AM

They continued “The Andy Griffith Show” without him for thre seasons as “Mayberry RFD.” It sucked!

“Roseanne” without won’t last past the current season which had already been paid for before Barr,s tweet.

by Anonymousreply 81September 19, 2018 12:57 AM

r81 It may have sucked, but it was never out of the Top 20 in the ratings. It got cancelled as part of CBS's "Rural Purge."

by Anonymousreply 82September 19, 2018 1:35 AM

Depending on how they handle this, it could be a good arc. A cultural icon like Roseanne dying of a a drug overdoes would shock middle class America. If it’s handled sloppily, it will have no impact and not help move the conversation about the depth of the drug crisis in our country.

by Anonymousreply 83September 19, 2018 2:05 AM

Why does middle class America need to be shocked ? Isn't everyday life shocking enough ? Must it bleed over into what's supposed to be a happy escape from real life ?

by Anonymousreply 84September 19, 2018 2:22 AM

Roseanne, while in an anger-filled rant against liberals, accidentally shoots herself in the foot with a gun. After some agony and saying repeatedly, I didn't mean to do it, I shouldn't have done it, complications set in and she dies.

by Anonymousreply 85September 19, 2018 2:47 AM

Love her or hate her, Roseanne was the heart and soul of this show. She was always, even before this series, funny as hell. She had a great ensemble cast who seemed to work together well, and complimented each other. I'm NOT a Republican, nor a supporter of Trump. I've always enjoyed the original show, and was sorry to see it end. The remake, unfortunately, lost something in the translation. But it's too bad it all had to end this way. Sorry to say, but in my humble opinion, they shouldn't even bother with "The Connors."

by Anonymousreply 86September 19, 2018 3:53 AM

“The Connors” is the Fourth Reich...an inane idea based on hysteria and bad taste....and intolerance disguised as tolerance.

I despise Roseanne, but this nonsense is just rich white kids stamping their ugly feet. And not one of them has any reason to stamp. They’re all rich white kids, down to the last Connor actor grandbrat.

by Anonymousreply 87September 19, 2018 4:19 AM

How about Roseanne dies when she and Norm Macdonald fight over the last Yakov Smirnoff Comedy Classics DVD at a Tuesday Morning store. Her heart gives out, she collapses on the floor, and Norm, stunned by his "win," chucks the DVD onto her chest, muttering "Ah I didn't want it anyway. I thought this was [italic]Jonathan Livingston Seagull[/italic]."

by Anonymousreply 88September 19, 2018 4:27 AM

With a cast composed of Laurie Metcaf, John Goodman and Sara Gilbert, I'm tuning in to watch them.

by Anonymousreply 89September 19, 2018 9:10 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 19, 2018 9:16 AM

She should have won a vacation to Italy or France, and eaten herself to death.

It could be like when 70s and 80s sitcoms did a "very special episode" as a cautionary tale about a deadly social vice.

They've picked drugs to warn against, but more people are probably plauged by obesity (?)

by Anonymousreply 91September 19, 2018 10:12 AM

Grow up and move on you bitter, hateful queens. You're just as bad as Roseanne continuously tweeting.

by Anonymousreply 92September 19, 2018 4:23 PM

Why does shoe just cross over to the other side of the fence, and run off with Nancy ?

by Anonymousreply 93September 19, 2018 8:08 PM

Really genius writing would have her overdose on Ambien.

by Anonymousreply 94September 19, 2018 8:12 PM

Can't she just have a breakdown, and ship her off to the local nuthouse. That way, if the show fails, they can bring her back for a guest appearance to save the show.

by Anonymousreply 95September 19, 2018 8:12 PM

This show is already a failure.

by Anonymousreply 96September 19, 2018 8:39 PM

r84 As a country, we appear to have projected drug dependency, manufacturing and distribution into a “foreign” problem. We want to avoid directly addressing the scope of the issue, so we shift the blame to “Mexicans” or another external agency.

We ignore that the majority of the drugs are domestically manufactured, distributed and controlled by groups within the US. For methamphetamine, we have an addiction rate of over 6% nationally for age 25 and up. We’re looking at moe than 7 million people using a combination of substance with no viable treatment options. - and 46% of the deaths are from opiods.

I disagree with her politics, but her voice as an actor is powerful. If she embraces this it could well bring her redemption. I’d never count Roseanne out.

by Anonymousreply 97September 19, 2018 9:25 PM

A re-boot where they kill off the lead? We’re in!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 23, 2018 6:42 PM

R54 = Roseanne

by Anonymousreply 99September 23, 2018 6:48 PM

R92 = Russian troller

by Anonymousreply 100September 23, 2018 6:49 PM

Haha, r94. That would work. Perhaps right after she calls the police on some Blacks folks at the park, grocery store, [fill in the blank]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 23, 2018 6:49 PM

Please, by al means, let's take a serious issue/epidemic and use it for some political payback. I can tell this comedy is going to be a laugh riot already.

Can the networks hurry up and go the fuck away?

by Anonymousreply 102September 23, 2018 7:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!