Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why the heck did Carrie Fisher have meth in her blood stream when she died?

You'd think she'd have stuck to rich lady drugs.

by Anonymousreply 47September 17, 2018 2:27 AM

She did every and any drug her entire life. Just watch her on talkshows pushing her 'sobriety', she was always off her fucking face, whilst screaming about her being clean, lying cunt

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2018 9:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2018 9:11 PM

She clearly had issues, namely manic depression. I don't know what it is like to have mental illness and to deal with an addiction at the same time. Should we call troubled people cunts, just because they cannot control their life?

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2018 9:12 PM

Because she was an idiot to do ANY FUCKING DRUGS. What is wrong with some of you people that you excuse drug use? YOU DON'T FUCKING NEED DRUGS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2018 9:14 PM

I bet Fisher didn't used CAPS!!! to make a point.

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2018 9:15 PM

Because she did all her stash before she got on the plane.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2018 9:18 PM

She never had a sober thought in her LIFE!!!

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2018 9:18 PM

R3, She was the self-appointed poster child for Sobriety and Sober Living and all that crap.

She was rattling off those turn-of-the-century AA-isms in her every interview/appearance/etc., while high as fuck all the time.

She was SIXTY and looked way over 70. This was not a "recent relapse" but a way of life for her for decades.

She's doing meth while in London - that's her life. And death.

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2018 9:19 PM

What kind of SIXTY year old is doing METH??

Do something age appropriate like weed and Vicodin.

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2018 9:22 PM

R5 Sometime's it;s the only fucking way to grab your attention whilst you're in a stupor from your habit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2018 9:22 PM

She looked like an old hag at barely 60. Her mother would have been a better Princess Leia.

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2018 9:23 PM

It could’ve quite simply been an ADHD med

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2018 9:24 PM

Carrie had a troubled life (the father!) and she left the world with some very witty books and writings and brought joy to many through her film roles. Show some respect.

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2018 9:25 PM

R4 you’re embarrassing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2018 9:26 PM

R9 IDIOT!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2018 9:26 PM

R4 I include you in R15

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2018 9:27 PM

She liked drugs.

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2018 9:28 PM

I read her "book" Wishful Drinking recently. It was embarrassingly bad.

Sorry, don't see the witty.

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2018 9:40 PM

Could’ve been prescribed Adderall.

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2018 9:55 PM

the coroner said: "had cocaine in her system, as well as traces of heroin, other opiates, and MDMA."

-from Wikipedia

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2018 9:57 PM

Her brother's recent book was more interesting than anything Carrie ever wrote.

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2018 9:58 PM

Mdma is methylene-dioxy-methamphetamine. Maybe a false positive. Apart from a tiny scene of gays into chemsex you'd be hard pressed to find meth in London or anywhere in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2018 10:11 PM

R22 says that meth is not available in London.

by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2018 10:14 PM

^ Why do you suppose that is? How did meth become a lifestyle in the US but not in the UK?

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2018 10:15 PM

What are your other improbable excuses for the "false positives" for cocaine and heroin?

Those available in the UK?

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2018 10:17 PM

MDMA is ecstasy, not meth-meth.

by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2018 10:23 PM

R21 I just finished that book too, Audible version, really enjoyed it, and her brother made it pretty clear her drug issues were lifelong. Hard to tell where they ended and the mental health stuff started.

by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2018 10:24 PM

[quote]you'd be hard pressed to find meth in London or anywhere in the UK.

So?? The bitch brought a fucking pharmacy in a suitcase anywhere she traveled... as evidenced by the fact she cardiac-arrested on a transatlantic flight.

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2018 10:35 PM

She was obviously very troubled and not at all sober. I don’t think she was a good actress, but people say she was a good script doctor. I don’t know if the scripts were funny before she got her hands on them or not. I remember that on television at some point, there was some tribute to George Lucas. She screeched a not kind and not very funny diatribe with the strangest duck lips I have ever seen. Her life was a tragedy, but lots of talented people have just as much tragedy and not an nth as much opportunity. I also think the tributes to Gary Fisher are over the top.

I am bored by star’s kids.

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2018 10:51 PM

[quote]I also think the tributes to Gary Fisher are over the top.

There were tributes to her dog? Why? He didn't die.

by Anonymousreply 30September 16, 2018 11:00 PM

I was never a fan.

by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2018 11:47 PM

She killed her mother.

by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2018 11:49 PM

Weren't her parents fairly normal? Why was she always a drug addled whore? At least Lindsay Lohan has an excuse.

by Anonymousreply 33September 16, 2018 11:54 PM

She was doing research for a sequel to "Postcards from the Edge".

by Anonymousreply 34September 17, 2018 12:22 AM

Totally crazy her entire life. Who the hell cares at this point?

by Anonymousreply 35September 17, 2018 12:30 AM

I flipped through her brother's book and he wrote that when Carrie was in the hospital on life support, he searched through the pockets of the coat she was wearing on the flight and found a folded-up paper containing drug residue - only residue was left. He basically said she ODed without coming right out and saying it directly.

by Anonymousreply 36September 17, 2018 1:15 AM

R35 Exactly. There should be no sympathy for life-long drug addicts.

by Anonymousreply 37September 17, 2018 1:16 AM

What I can't believe is that Disney had Star Wars 9 all set to go with Leia as the central character. Why the hell did they do such a stupid thing? Carrie Fisher was universally known as a mentally ill drug addict. She looked awful in her later years and every time she was on a talk show she appeared to be batshit crazy/high as a kite. I can't believe Disney set up a film that was part of a billion-dollar franchise with her as the major character, when her problems were so well-known. Of course, now they have to re-write the whole thing.

It would've been like a movie studio planning a huge multi-million dollar movie around Judy Garland in the late 60s, when she was clearly on her way out.

by Anonymousreply 38September 17, 2018 1:34 AM

I think she was poisoned so was Prince and George Michael.

No I don’t have proof.

by Anonymousreply 39September 17, 2018 1:34 AM

But was it meth-meth?!

by Anonymousreply 40September 17, 2018 1:41 AM

She was very low energy in the last Star Wars movie she did. She seemed to have trouble speaking too, like some very old people do.

by Anonymousreply 41September 17, 2018 1:44 AM

This video perfectly satirized what a huge moron Fisher looked and sounded like in that movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 17, 2018 2:00 AM

I don’t think her later books are a fair measure of her talent as an author. POSTCARDS is her best - before electroshock and loooooong range drug use.

by Anonymousreply 43September 17, 2018 2:00 AM

I’m ashamed of you all it took so many posts for someone to say “adderall.” Adderall notoriously comes up as “meth”, because that test is for amphetamines as a whole.

by Anonymousreply 44September 17, 2018 2:04 AM

A mildly talented individual who had the misfortune of having two enormously talented parents.

She couldn't stand it and drugged herself to death. The brother as far as we know accepts it and doesn't get his panties in a twist over it.

People react differently in the same situation.

Her brother says that Debbie took the death stoically but seemed to have let go of life. She was elderly and not well so she could do that.

Interesting that Carrie felt so worthless but was so loved by such a selfish self absorbed mother. I know it doesn't make sense. Usually these people have little love for others.

by Anonymousreply 45September 17, 2018 2:16 AM

Is "loooooong range drug use" like doing them from a distance? Did she have quite a reach?

by Anonymousreply 46September 17, 2018 2:24 AM

Did she though OP? Did she????

by Anonymousreply 47September 17, 2018 2:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!