Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sudden Mid-Life Dimples

I'm 37. All of a sudden this year I have dimples. I never had dimples before ever in my entire life. I have neither gained nor lost weight. I have not had any facial or dental surgeries. They're not wrinkles. I just have dimples all of a sudden. Is this supposed to be possible? Have I been replaced with a lookalike? Did I shift into a parallel universe wherein I've "always" had dimples? I thought dimples were supposed to be a hereditary mutation that causes one to be born with holes in the facial muscles; have I somehow gotten holes in my facial muscles? Did a recessive DNA SNP suddenly activate? Do you or will you have dimples, too?

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2018 6:49 AM

Do NOT as your doctor about this as it will just upset you because there is nothing she or he can do to stop the disease’s progress.

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2018 10:01 AM

Has a cleft started slowly developing in the middle of your chin? That usually marks Stage 2 of AOD (adult onset dimpleitis).

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2018 10:06 AM

I've always had a cleft chin, but I forget about it sometimes and then I see it and remember, "Oh, yeah, I have a cleft..." But I guess I could have started out life on Stage 2. This is all so confusing.

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2018 10:09 AM

Did they emerge while you were laughing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2018 10:11 AM

Have you checked your ass for new dimples? That would be adorable.

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2018 10:15 AM

Like did they whatever the opposite of erupt is (sinkhole?) mid-laugh? I do not know. I just woke up one day and there they were. Or there those little pieces of my cheeks weren't.

What if....I am transforming into a dimple? That's means I'm going to disappear, right? Just vanish overnight like a dimple moving into town.

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2018 10:15 AM

r5, my ass was bitten in July by either: a ghost vampire, a snake, a scorpion or a spider with two fangs. It still stings sometimes even though the scar is fading. I was using a friend's toilet in the desert. And then all of a sudden I had two painful marks that looked like a vampire bite on my ass. Yeah, I showed it off.

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2018 10:18 AM

Can I have your stuff?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2018 10:20 AM

r8, Yes, please, there's too much stuff here and you're not allowed to throw anything away! There are no legal dumpsters. It's ridiculous.

Wendigo...I, actually, kind of feel better just having a name for it, even if it's not something I ever wanted to be. Naming things gives us the illusion of control. I wish it was "wendingo" though instead of "wendigo".

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2018 10:26 AM

Wait, isn't "Wendigo" a brand of motor-home?

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2018 10:27 AM

OP. sorry to hear that your cheeks are depressed. Do something nice to cheer them up.

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2018 11:06 AM

A dimple is actually a little weakness in the muscle. You're getting old.

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2018 11:12 AM

Achoo! Achoo! I’m so old all my breaths are sneezes.

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2018 6:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!