Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Next Batman

Just like Henry Cavill is retiring his Superman cape, Ben Affleck is most likely out of the picture as Batman. So, similar questions apply:

Who should play Batman next?

In what direction should they take the character? Should they keep the same tone as set in the Dark Knight trilogy, or should they lighten it up? Should Batman be homoflexible/bi? And what about Robin and/or Nightwing? He needs a good bromance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 17, 2018 4:07 AM

Would anybody be interested in sniffing Jon Hamm's codpiece?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2018 8:32 PM

The inside word is Hamm has already been cast.

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2018 8:37 PM

How about Matt Damon? What would he look like in the bat suit?

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2018 8:37 PM

I hope this isn't a legacy Batman before they decide on a replacement worth at least 3 prequels.

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2018 8:38 PM

Hamm could pull it off. But if he's cast, they'd better not cover up that beautiful bulge with a stupid codpiece. VPL is the way to go with him.

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2018 8:39 PM

Chris "Corky" Burke from "Life Goes On"

by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2018 8:40 PM

Armie Hammer IS Batman.

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2018 8:40 PM

Idris Elba!

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2018 8:42 PM

Cillian Murphy, Nolan stock actor, auditioned for Batman. See screen test below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2018 8:42 PM

No, R7. Just NO.

by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2018 8:44 PM

Michael B. Jordan!

by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2018 8:44 PM

Colton Haynes!

by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2018 8:46 PM

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau or Timothy Olymphant. Wes Bentley if they don't mind a shawty.

by Anonymousreply 13September 13, 2018 8:47 PM

Jake Gyllenhaal

by Anonymousreply 14September 13, 2018 8:48 PM

Timothee, of course!

You know it'll be some long-faced millennial sad sack with no muscle tone, so it might as well be him.

by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2018 8:52 PM

Could Matt Bomer get this one?

by Anonymousreply 16September 13, 2018 9:07 PM

Cavill would've been better cast as Batman.

by Anonymousreply 17September 13, 2018 9:08 PM

Matt Bomer can play Ducklingman.

by Anonymousreply 18September 13, 2018 9:10 PM

They shouldn't make any more of these films until they get their shit together.

by Anonymousreply 19September 13, 2018 9:11 PM

I'm ready to step in

by Anonymousreply 20September 13, 2018 9:12 PM

Hamm is way too old to cast as Batman. He'd be 50 when the next one begins filming. Same for my top choicea Karl Urban and Richard Armitage.

Please not Fassbender. Thank god Cumberbatch Dr. Strange (and actually well cast in the role).

I think Dominic Cooper? or Aidan Turner? - both may be a bit short at 5'10" and 6' tall, respectively.

Superman and Batman both need to be over 6' tall at a minimum. Christopher Reeve was a studly 6'4". Bale is 6' tall.

by Anonymousreply 21September 13, 2018 9:24 PM

I wore a Batman costume at Halloween once. What about me?

by Anonymousreply 22September 13, 2018 9:27 PM

I'm 6' 5'!

by Anonymousreply 23September 13, 2018 9:27 PM

If I were going to cast Armie Hammer as a superhero, I'd go with the Green Lantern (a good version to make up for the Ryan Reynolds abomination).

by Anonymousreply 24September 13, 2018 9:36 PM

When they do make the next Batman movie, they should introduce the Batman family. Dick Grayson (Nightwing/original Robin), Kate Kane (Batwoman), Jason Todd (Red Hood), Selina Kyle (Catwoman), Damian Wayne (new Robin, and Batman's bio son), etc.

Then, the entire trilogy--or however long this next iteration ends up being--should focus on the Batman Family fighting the bad guys together. That's what works about the Marvel films: it's not just one character working solo; it's a team working together, and that's what fans really enjoy because it's great eye candy seeing different characters with unique superpowers and/or abilities working together.

The same scenario would work for the new Superman films. The Batverse and Superverse scenarios have so much potential. It's frustrating that Warner Bros insists on rehashing the same tired story lines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 13, 2018 9:59 PM

Sounds interesting, R25

by Anonymousreply 26September 13, 2018 11:54 PM

Jon Hamm could play Batman, and his cock could play Robin.

by Anonymousreply 27September 14, 2018 6:58 PM

They should have John Goodman play him.

by Anonymousreply 28September 14, 2018 7:35 PM

r21 He is more of a ninja and he is an acrobat, they tend to be short, martial arts isn't for the tall; he is more of a gymnast like Robin, they are mostly short.

by Anonymousreply 29September 14, 2018 7:52 PM

🦇 [bold]H̷A̷P̷P̷Y̷ ̷B̷A̷T̷M̷A̷N̷ ̷D̷A̷Y̷,̷ ̷E̷V̷E̷R̷Y̷B̷O̷D̷Y̷!̷[/bold] 🦇

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 15, 2018 7:08 PM

No, Robin is the gymnast, sure Batman has typical comic book silly agility, but he is always depicted as tall and built. Him and Superman are drawn as brickhouses. Not shorter and wiry.

by Anonymousreply 31September 15, 2018 7:36 PM

I wish they'd find a Batman like the center illustration. That's my dream fuck.

by Anonymousreply 32September 15, 2018 7:57 PM

I'm afraid I no longer give a damn who the next Batman is. I'm worn out on the character.

by Anonymousreply 33September 15, 2018 8:01 PM

I think Aaron Taylor Johnson would make a fantastic and extremely sexy young Batman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 15, 2018 8:08 PM

I wanted him for that Nightwing movie that Chris McKay was supposedly doing r34. Though who knows if that will actually happen.

by Anonymousreply 35September 15, 2018 8:09 PM

He'd be good as Nightwing, too.

Still, I think he's perfect for Batman. Dark, brooding, sexy. He's also at the right age for WB to get a handful of sequels out of him.

by Anonymousreply 36September 15, 2018 8:12 PM

Batman is an easier role to miscast than Superman because there have been so many more actors in the role of Batman. Also, at this point, nobody gives much of a shit who plays him. Henry Golding should play Bond, however. 60% of the movie going audience is Asian. He could be Michelle Yeoh's son, again.

by Anonymousreply 37September 16, 2018 7:42 PM

R37. Meant "cast" but I guess "miscast" also works. Actually, Justin Theroux is not a bad choice for Batman.

by Anonymousreply 38September 16, 2018 10:12 PM

They need to give Superman AND Batman a rest. None of those movies have ever been very good. There are other characters out there that could be developed.

by Anonymousreply 39September 17, 2018 3:42 AM

How about no more fucking superhero movies?

by Anonymousreply 40September 17, 2018 3:52 AM

[quote]How about no more fucking superhero movies?

Whether you like them or not, they will continue to make them as long as they bring in huge box office numbers.

Even the piece of crap Fantastic Four hit $333 million worldwide and $178 million in the US - in 2005. It's ranked as only the 50th highest grossing superhero movie. The most recent Infinity War crossed $2 billion worldwide.

It would take a string of flops before they'd stop, and even then, it would only be for a short while before they tried to reboot something again. Those kinds of numbers are just too appealing.

by Anonymousreply 41September 17, 2018 4:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!