Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Former economic advisor Gary Cohn said "Trump has the IQ of an inbred tanning bed"

[quote]In his 58 years on earth, Gary Cohn has likely run into an idiot here or there. Whether it was a classmate in his Ohio hometown, a wise guy on the floor of the New York Mercantile Exchange, or a Goldman Sachs employee with whom he would cross paths again later in life, it’s unlikely Cohn would have been able to fully inoculate himself from people of lesser intelligence, or to refrain from letting them know exactly what he thought of their s--t for brains. But apparently, whatever run-ins with not-so-bright individuals he had suffered prior to November 2016, they were nothing compared to the stone-cold, mind-blowing, we’ve-never-seen-an-I.Q.-in-the-single-digits-before levels of stupidity he experienced upon accepting a job with the Trump administration.

[quote]According to an excerpt from Bob Woodward‘s Fear, the book out tomorrow that the president has called a “joke,” a “scam,” and a “con on the public“ written by a “Dem operative,” the Goldman Sachs president turned National Economic Council director came away from his very first meeting with Donald Trump “astounded” by just how dumb the guy was. During a chat about various economic issues, Cohn told Trump that the Federal Reserve would likely increase rates during his first term in office, to which President Buy High, Sell Low reportedly responded, “We should just go borrow a lot of money, hold it, and then sell it to make money.” This suggestion, and “lack of basic understanding” about how federal debt works apparently sent chills up the spine of Cohn, who explained that borrowing more money would in fact increase the deficit and add to the debt. But President “I’m, like, really smart” wasn’t finished: The president-elect offered a solution. “Just run the presses—print money,” Trump said, according to Woodward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 11, 2018 5:47 AM

Well, remember the time when Trump clearly demonstrated that he did/does not know the difference between health insurance and life insurance? That's a much simpler concept than the federal debt cycle.

"... you’re 21 years old, you start working and you’re paying $12 a year for insurance, and by the time you’re 70, you get a nice plan." - Donald J. Trump

This is the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 11, 2018 2:35 AM

My problem is Gary Cohn saying he was shocked how stupid Trump was. Did people not pay attention during the campaign? Trump made it abundantly clear he was shockingly dumb, it disturbs me how many people were surprised to find that out.

by Anonymousreply 2September 11, 2018 2:36 AM

EXACTLY!

by Anonymousreply 3September 11, 2018 2:38 AM

Big deal, meanwhile he stayed long enough to give the 1% and his Wall St. buddies a hand out with the tax cut. He’s an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 4September 11, 2018 2:44 AM

Side note question: does Trump actually disrobe and get into a tanning bed or booth? Maybe just do his face?

by Anonymousreply 5September 11, 2018 2:48 AM

I'm offended!

by Anonymousreply 6September 11, 2018 2:50 AM

If he's willing to look at the sun during an eclipse, why does he wear goggles? The reverse panda look is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 7September 11, 2018 2:51 AM

I really do think he is "sun downing" or whatever the expression is. I used to reject that kind of talk as people wishing he'd have to retire, but now I think it's true.

Not even that long ago he had a decent layman's grasp of political issues. Now he can't grasp anything. He's only 70. That's not young, but something has to be going on with him disintegrating mentally so much other than standard old age. I know too, he has a serious personality disorder and can't handle certain stresses very well, but he's been off since before he got elected.

by Anonymousreply 8September 11, 2018 2:52 AM

He’s 72. But your point is well taken, R8.

by Anonymousreply 9September 11, 2018 2:54 AM

R8, seriously? Did he sound sane when he was pushing the birther thing? Or during the debates?

I am not angry with trump, I am angry with the idiots who voted for him. All the information was there.

by Anonymousreply 10September 11, 2018 2:54 AM

Perfectly said r10.

by Anonymousreply 11September 11, 2018 2:56 AM

Seriously? Did you read my post? I said he was off before he got elected, but there was a time not too long ago when he had a decent grasp of political issues.

by Anonymousreply 12September 11, 2018 2:58 AM

I don't think Trump was ever 'smart'. He's just good at bulldozing people and getting his way. He's also good at fucking people over. I knew a guy just like him - had no qualms about taking advantage of people, but that's the only thing he was smart about. He made a lot of money off people by screwing them over and had the lawyers to help. Just like Trump. Nothing but grifters, and it's insane that he's president.

by Anonymousreply 13September 11, 2018 3:00 AM

Sorry, r12. I re-read your post. I was wrong.

I did not know anything about trump until he ran for office, so I don't know what he used to be like.

by Anonymousreply 14September 11, 2018 3:10 AM

I do find myself surprised at just how stupid he is. How is it that he hasn’t lost all his money? (Or has he?) The President is a moron, and we could have had a President who was much smarter than average.

by Anonymousreply 15September 11, 2018 3:13 AM

The ghostwriter for Trumps book made it clear he has always been an idiot. He would know.

by Anonymousreply 16September 11, 2018 3:22 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 11, 2018 3:23 AM

I just realised, three out of the last four Republican Presidents were as dumb as a box of hammers. One can be put down to a mistake, like a candidate in mental decline, but three is quite deliberate.

by Anonymousreply 18September 11, 2018 3:24 AM

r15 he did lose all his money. That's how he became a Russian asset -- the US banks wouldn't lend to him but the Russian mob would.

by Anonymousreply 19September 11, 2018 3:25 AM

R19, I’d like to see his tax return. Something that backs that up.

by Anonymousreply 20September 11, 2018 3:30 AM

A lot out there already backs up R19's assertion. It's true that US banks stopped leading to him after his massive personal bankruptcy. He now gets most of his funds from corrupt Deutsche Bank, which has been heavily involved in Russian money-laundering. That much was known before the election, but the full scope of his financial situation is still far from clear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 11, 2018 4:03 AM

r1, it sounds like he must have been referring to a health savings account. I put money in every month and will allow it to grow tax-free until I retire.

by Anonymousreply 22September 11, 2018 4:10 AM

So we all know Deutsche Bank has a huge money laundering operation, why hasn't it been shut down. It seems like they only got a slap on the wrist.

by Anonymousreply 23September 11, 2018 4:12 AM

[quote]I am not angry with trump, I am angry with the idiots who voted for him. All the information was there.

All the racism was there. That was the draw.

by Anonymousreply 24September 11, 2018 4:19 AM

Don't forget the misogyny, r24. I'm sure that's why my brother didn't vote for Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 25September 11, 2018 4:21 AM

Sometimes I wish there was a Deep State system that tries to convince ALL people they want nationalized healthcare, industrial relations, and a social safety net.

by Anonymousreply 26September 11, 2018 5:13 AM

Trump has always reminded me of that loud-mouthed dumb uncle many of us had, who would grab the floor at a family occasion and expound on his brilliant analysis of the current political situation, economics, or whatever, while the rest of the family would just roll their eyeballs. But since there are a lot of dumb uncles in the US, and most of them voted for Trump, we now have the situation outlined above.

by Anonymousreply 27September 11, 2018 5:27 AM

Other times I wish there was a god and she'd pay special visits to our dumb uncles so they could see she's black.

by Anonymousreply 28September 11, 2018 5:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!