Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Glenn Close's Daughter: The New Mamie Gummer?

Annie Starke has 1 credit on her own...everything else has been in her mom's projects, TWICE playing a younger version of Close.

Also, why does she look so much older than late-20s? Is this a second career for her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 22, 2018 5:41 PM

I don't think she looks old.

by Anonymousreply 1September 8, 2018 7:54 PM

Haha@the Glenn Close obsession. Keep trying to make her important

by Anonymousreply 2September 8, 2018 7:55 PM

Glenn's husband looks a little like her twin (?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 8, 2018 7:58 PM

[quote]r1 I don't think she looks old.

Maybe it's just that she DRESSES kind of old (?) I mean, for a supposedly up-and-coming actress...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 8, 2018 8:03 PM

I think the other Gummer girl is a decent actress.

by Anonymousreply 5September 8, 2018 8:03 PM

Coming Next Fall: The Other Gummer Girl

by Anonymousreply 6September 8, 2018 8:05 PM

One of the Gummers was on THE GOOD WIFE (or maybe it was SUITS) (or both). She was fine.

Why don't the G + M daughters do a film together? Or were they raised not to acknowledge each other?

by Anonymousreply 7September 8, 2018 8:09 PM

She looks trans in OP’s pic.

by Anonymousreply 8September 8, 2018 8:11 PM

From the looks of her, I suspect Glenn's daughter has had cosmetic surgery on her face already. It looks too much like a mask, unless she is wearing concrete makeup.

by Anonymousreply 9September 8, 2018 8:14 PM

[quote]r8 She looks trans in OP’s pic.

There IS something kind of blunt about her face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 8, 2018 8:18 PM

The daughter's forehead is way too high and makes her face look like a melon. She needs to let some of the hair flow over that revealing forehead.

by Anonymousreply 11September 8, 2018 8:19 PM

Playing her mother

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 8, 2018 8:23 PM

In her upcoming thing, FATHER FIGURE, she plays her mother and isn't even credited.

by Anonymousreply 13September 8, 2018 8:26 PM

I find her hot

by Anonymousreply 14September 8, 2018 9:28 PM

She's no Louise Gummer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 8, 2018 9:42 PM

She was fine in The Wife. Max Irons as the son was great.

by Anonymousreply 16September 8, 2018 10:08 PM

I have an Oscar for each of my daughters and so does Glenn. How lovely! Oh, wait... I forgot.

by Anonymousreply 17September 8, 2018 10:29 PM

The big difference is that Mamie is a trained actress, has done quite a bit of theatre, and is actually good in a number of roles which have nothing to do with playing Meryl’s younger version. I think Mamie was great as the faux-naive, manipulative lawyer in The Good Wife, the wife who loses her innocence in The Collection (a post WW 2 fashion drama set in Paris), and a war vet with chronic pain in an off-broadway play called Ugly Lies the Bone. She was convincing and different in each role. Grace Gummer is talented too. They’re both building up decent, versatile bodies of work. Whereas Annie Starke only ever seems to work once in a blue moon, as Glenn’s younger version. She’s a dilettante, and the Gummer girls are not.

by Anonymousreply 18September 22, 2018 1:30 PM

Hollywood wouldn't give any of them a second glance if it weren't for their famous mothers.

by Anonymousreply 19September 22, 2018 1:37 PM

[quote]an off-broadway play called Ugly Lies the Bone

Jesus, where's that thread on things you find pretentious?

by Anonymousreply 20September 22, 2018 1:56 PM

She looks like Abigail from DOOL

by Anonymousreply 21September 22, 2018 2:04 PM

If r15's photo is any indication, Louisa Gummer is the only one in the family who didn't get M's nose.

by Anonymousreply 22September 22, 2018 2:16 PM

Mamie was great as Emily Owens, MD.

by Anonymousreply 23September 22, 2018 2:19 PM

Both this bitch and Louise Gummer will never have that many credits. why should they? They’re trust fund kids big time and most people are lazy.

by Anonymousreply 24September 22, 2018 2:32 PM

What R19 said. Repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 25September 22, 2018 5:34 PM

Mamie is a good actress. Though she, unfortunately, looks like a Mamie Gummer.

by Anonymousreply 26September 22, 2018 5:40 PM

Beautiful women

by Anonymousreply 27September 22, 2018 5:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!