Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do Gay Men put up with so much bullshit?

The Trans want to erase us from Stonewall & the equality movement and the Rednecks just want us to die. Enough is enough, all those fuckers should disappear. We have suffered more than any human deserves and at some point we have to stand up against all this bullshit!

I'm tired of us being oppressed. Without gay men, society would drift in to an even trashier, animalistic sect. We honestly used to be gatekeepers of class and taste, which seem to be dead now. If we don't stand up now we're going to be lost forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 6, 2018 9:41 PM

Imagine, feeling threatened by trans people

by Anonymousreply 1September 6, 2018 7:35 AM

[quote]We honestly used to be gatekeepers of class and taste...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 6, 2018 7:54 AM

I agree, OP.

I saw that documentary which interviewed about 60 participants. 95% of them said that the drag queens didn't initiate the riot, they were just the most visible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 6, 2018 8:03 AM

R2 that's still classier than oversized Frat BBQ shirts and Nike shorts with New Balances that the future Fraus wear nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 4September 6, 2018 8:22 AM

There is only ONE gatekeeper to class and style!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 6, 2018 8:26 AM

In all seriousness, because the whole of Western society is set up to make us feel like outsiders, inferiors or ‘others’. Of course there will be plenty of people who can stand up honestly and say “It’s never been a problem for me!” but I bet there are proportionally far more gay men with self-esteem, self-confidence and mental health issues than straight men. Obviously in general things are better now than they were even 50 years ago, but straight people never know what it’s like to feel closeted, to feel unsafe showing affection in public, to be told by religious loons that you’re damned, evil etc. Add to that a generation or two devastated and lost to AIDS I’d be amazed if even the most well-adjusted or stable gay man doesn’t get affected negatively by that. And here I’m just talking about the so-called civilzed West – imagine growing up as a gay kid in Iraq or Nigeria.

by Anonymousreply 6September 6, 2018 8:54 AM

R6 we do have a sad existence unless you live on Fire Island

by Anonymousreply 7September 6, 2018 8:57 AM

[quote]r6 straight people never know what it’s like to feel closeted, to feel unsafe showing affection in public, to be told by religious loons that you’re damned, evil etc.

I feel that discipline mixed with love is such a good recipe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 6, 2018 9:32 AM

[quote]We honestly used to be gatekeepers of class and taste, which seem to be dead now.

No, we still do

and for all the world to see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 6, 2018 9:38 AM

Arbiters of good taste.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 6, 2018 9:40 AM

More gay class and taste:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 6, 2018 9:42 AM

We do have it good now. Marriage is legal and we completely free to live our lives as we choose.

How can anyone feel oppressed when we have places like Hell’s Kitchen in which to live? Are you telling me you honestly feel threatened and discriminated against walking up and down 9th Ave? OP, you realize this is 2018 and not 1958, correct?

by Anonymousreply 12September 6, 2018 9:47 AM

Of course, our world famous bath houses are the very apex of class and taste....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 6, 2018 9:49 AM

[quote]How can anyone feel oppressed when we have places like Hell’s Kitchen in which to live?

R12 = >

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 6, 2018 9:53 AM

OP, perhaps your questions should be: "Why do some gay men ...." I don't believe we can be grouped together because we're a rather diverse collection. Or haven't you noticed. Maybe I know too many gay, proud, and fierce gay men. True, it isn't easy for all gay men, for various reasons. I'm just not projecting my own perspective on the larger whole. This could also apply to lesbians, bisexuals, trans, questioning, etc.

by Anonymousreply 15September 6, 2018 10:12 AM

I wonder if OP lives in a little tiny town somewhere on the outskirts of everything, and that's how they see the world?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 6, 2018 10:20 AM

Yes R1

Imagine being threatened by trans people..........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 6, 2018 10:38 AM

What the hell.. baseball bats wrapped in barbed wire? Oh yeah, they're totally feminine and harmless, those poor innocent little 6 foot trans'girls' only want to twirl them like batons at Pride and Dyke Marches. I don't know why any actual lesbians ie. same-sex oriented female people would feel threatened by that. Sillies! I mean, those De-genderettes always seem so laid back and happy, especially when you see that Coffee Tran dude and friends armed with AR-15s (uwu!)

"Fancy feeling threatened by trans people". Yes, fancy people recognising threatening and abusive behaviour for what it is, R1. Loosen your binder, Aiden, you're not getting oxygen to your brain.

by Anonymousreply 18September 6, 2018 6:45 PM

Trans can go fuck themselves.

by Anonymousreply 19September 6, 2018 7:13 PM

Whoever is bashing us with the "taste " shit can go fuck off and die .

by Anonymousreply 20September 6, 2018 7:14 PM

[quote] If we don't stand up now we're going to be lost forever.

Stand up to what? Lost how?

by Anonymousreply 21September 6, 2018 7:17 PM

[quote]R20 Whoever is bashing us with the "taste " shit can go fuck off and die .

Sorry, can't hear you over my VILLAGE PEOPLE music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 6, 2018 7:22 PM

And yet half the homophobic trans ass lickers in this thread are proving OP's point.

by Anonymousreply 23September 6, 2018 7:48 PM

R23 And yet half the homophobic trans ass lickers in this thread are proving OP's point.

My dear, it's not homophobic to have noted in life that we gays can be just as tacky as everyone else you feel so superior to.

See you at the:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 6, 2018 9:14 PM

Those cops in OP’s photo look like Village People rejects.

by Anonymousreply 25September 6, 2018 9:38 PM

As David Carter said, the overwhelming majority of protesters were gay men. Many of whom were in the young side, like the guy in OP's picture. Though most were effeminate, they weren't drag queens, let alone trans women.

Plus, even if the role of drag queens hadn't been exaggerated, there's the fact that they're still male, and identify as such.

by Anonymousreply 26September 6, 2018 9:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!