Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Riz Ahmed, Sunday Sept 2nd NYT magazine's cover boy

Riz is this Sunday's NYT magazine's cover boy.

What an extremely intelligent articulate man, he's a breath of fresh air in a world of low IQ performers, especially the trash culture which has permeated showbiz for the past few years.

His personal life wasn't touched upon, I wonder if he's gay. From reading about all the distractions in his life, perhaps he's always extremely busy filling up every minute of his day to avoid dealing with his sexuality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 20, 2018 4:08 PM

Intelligent and hot. Attractive combination.

by Anonymousreply 1August 30, 2018 9:04 PM

Riz has been Brooklyn based since last December, he's been living in Fort Greene. He's recently been working on a film in Boston. He plays a rock drummer who is losing his hearing. Some of the cast are deaf performers.

Riz really immerses himself in his roles, he's been taking drumming lessons for the past few months. He was sighted on the subway carrying drumsticks.

It's cool that he's always opting for diversified roles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 30, 2018 9:13 PM

Not this bug-eyed wannabe again!

by Anonymousreply 3August 30, 2018 9:15 PM

R3, why go into threads of people you don't like? Are you a masochist?

Post a photo of yourself, I'm pretty sure you're no ravishing beauty! It's always the ugliest people who protest the loudest when judging others physical attributes.

Go away.

by Anonymousreply 4August 30, 2018 9:23 PM

[quote]Not this bug-eyed wannabe again!

Wannabe? You sure don't know anything about Riz, he's been acting and rapping over 10 years.

What exactly does he want to be? You sound clueless. As expected. Quelle Surprise!

by Anonymousreply 5August 30, 2018 9:25 PM

Does "acting and rapping over 10 years" require any kind of skill?

It requires gullible fans who swallow the junk from the PR machine.

This person is a commodity of dubious talent.

by Anonymousreply 6August 30, 2018 9:28 PM

He's hot

by Anonymousreply 7August 30, 2018 9:31 PM

r2 can't write sentences, they're all run-on.

by Anonymousreply 8August 30, 2018 9:35 PM

Does he take his shirt off in public?

by Anonymousreply 9August 30, 2018 9:35 PM

Why does Riz have a big 'NO' on his hand?

by Anonymousreply 10August 30, 2018 9:44 PM

Yet another boring and sanctimonious actor packaged as "deep".

by Anonymousreply 11August 30, 2018 9:47 PM

Is this part of the Muslim push? It’s condescending

by Anonymousreply 12August 30, 2018 9:48 PM

Yes, R12, the NYT is part of the Muslim push because... you know that it's fashionable now to publicise medieval religions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 30, 2018 9:52 PM

Unfortunately yes @r12

by Anonymousreply 14August 30, 2018 9:55 PM

[quote][R2] can't write sentences, they're all run-on.

I didn't realize motherfucking Rhodes Scholars posted at DL.

My bad! You, Sir, are a moron.

by Anonymousreply 15August 30, 2018 10:44 PM

[quote]Does "acting and rapping over 10 years" require any kind of skill? It requires gullible fans who swallow the junk from the PR machine. This person is a commodity of dubious talent.

Typical bitter boring untalented DL queen. Acting doesn't require a skill? What rock have you been living under? Dubious talent? I reckon you haven't seen anything he's acted in.

Riz attended a private school, then Oxford, then studied acting at one of the UK's most prestigious acting schools, The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, It's amazing so many morons here make statements without backing them with actual facts. If you want to argue with others, have some facts to backup your bullshit.

Hate his religion, or whatever you dislike about the man, but he sure can act! He won an EMMY last year. It's obvious, you know little about Riz, yet people like you keep coming into threads to put him and others down. Go argue in another thread.

You'd probably be unable to get through the first paragraph of the NY Times article, it's too deep for your small mind.

by Anonymousreply 16August 30, 2018 10:56 PM

[quote]Is this part of the Muslim push? It’s condescending

Actually very little about Riz being Muslim was included in the NYT interview.

It's amazing how so many angry DL posters come up with unsubstantiated conclusions before reading any link posted. Pathetic and ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 17August 30, 2018 10:59 PM

"Rapping" is the skill of using words which rhyme.

The words don't have to mean anything so therefore I consider "rapping" to be a skill which can be practised by robots, monkeys and Artificial Intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 18August 30, 2018 11:00 PM

What is it "pathetic", R17? Do you empathy or sympathy for your Datalounge colleagues?

by Anonymousreply 19August 30, 2018 11:03 PM

Then, you do it Einstein R18. Riz's rapping is topical and intelligent, not typical rap lyrics about fucking 'hos', wearing 'bling' and going to 'the club'. I never understand why people seem to enjoy putting down skills they know they do not possess.

Go read his lyrics at the Genius Lyrics website, he writes some amazing and yes "deep" stuff. His lyrics can be applied to rock or pop music, not just rap. Therefore, they are essentially poetry.

Once again reading your angry and pathetic posts, proves you know NOTHING about this man. Face it, the dude is multi-talented and you aren't.

Riz also has a great SINGING voice. Years ago, in the UK, he was in a production of "Three Penny Opera", as Mack the Knife, which required SINGING, not rapping.

by Anonymousreply 20August 30, 2018 11:07 PM

Why do you people assume he’s Muslim? I bet these dumasses think Muslim is a race. Typical trolls. He’s talented as one can see in The Night Of. Good to see he’s well educated and bred. His is indeed bug eyed. isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 21August 30, 2018 11:21 PM

R20 Did you hear him play Mack the Knife ('London's most notorious criminal and murderer')?

by Anonymousreply 22August 30, 2018 11:21 PM

[quote]Why do you people assume he’s Muslim? I bet these dumasses think Muslim is a race. Typical trolls. He’s talented as one can see in The Night Of. Good to see he’s well educated and bred. His is indeed bug eyed. isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Longtime Riz fan here. You've got that right, typical DL trolls. I notice Riz threads are always filled with nasty argumentative bitter angry trolls. They cannot fathom a hot talented MOC becoming famous internationally, especially a Muslim.

Yes, Riz has mentioned many times being a Pakistani Muslim. He wasn't born in Pakistan, he was born in Wembley. His parents are Pakistani and Indian, they migrated to London in the 1970s. His older gay brother is a psychiatrist who sometimes writes for The Guardian and his sister is a lawyer. His parents were working class.

IMHO, from what Riz does in his personal life, it's unlikely he's truly a practicing Muslim. Culturally, he seems to be Muslim, yet that seems to be the extent of practicing his religion. He drinks alcohol, smokes weed, lived with a woman for a few years, none of that is Halal at all. More like Haram! LOL

by Anonymousreply 23August 30, 2018 11:31 PM

You may "Laugh out loud", R23.

But Muhammud has declared that the crime of Apostasy is punishable only by death.

by Anonymousreply 24August 30, 2018 11:43 PM

[quote]But Muhammud has declared that the crime of Apostasy is punishable only by death.

SIGH. Riz isn't religious, so there is no point in discussing this. I'm not religious either, so honestly, who gives a shit.

Riz is a great actor and he's sure not new to the game. He's been on the professional scene since the mid-2000s. Just because Americans are now discovering him doesn't mean he's some newbie 'overnight success' story, he's not.

Internationally, Riz is slowly getting more famous. Over the next few months, and year, he's got three movies coming out. All are different types of films, there lies his talent: a comedic Western with Jake Gyllenhaal, Joaquin Phoenix and John C. Reilly, a superhero film with Tom Hardy and a drama about a deaf rock drummer co-starring Olivia Cooke.

Riz is also doing a TV version of Hamlet, think it's for Netflix and a UK drama series about three generations of a British-Pakistani family.

Riz wouldn't be getting all this work if he wasn't extremely talented.

by Anonymousreply 25August 30, 2018 11:58 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 31, 2018 12:03 AM

[quote] Riz wouldn't be getting all this work if he wasn't extremely talented

Getting lots of work is indicative of someone being flavor of the month. Talent is besides the point.

by Anonymousreply 27August 31, 2018 12:44 AM

[quote]Getting lots of work is indicative of someone being flavor of the month. Talent is besides the point.

That's the same argument the Madonna Haters crow about in the endless threads about her. Say what you will about Madonna, but she's sure not a flavor of the month, she never was. I realize her talent is minimal, yet she has a rabid fanbase and her marketing skills are stellar, she could sell a box of turds to her fans.

Riz sure doesn't have that sort of rabid fandom, his raw talent has been apparent from the very beginning and he doesn't take roles simply for the payday.

The fact that Riz has been a consistently working actor over 10 years only proves you don't have an argument at all. You know NOTHING about him. So, he's been "flavor of the month" for over 10 years? That makes no sense whatsoever.

I suppose, well known and respected film critics, and discerning film fans, cannot tell the difference between good and bad acting?

Please stop coming into this thread with your lame arguments, it's clear you are trolling.

by Anonymousreply 28August 31, 2018 1:36 AM

The stench of frau at @r28 is making me woozy.

by Anonymousreply 29August 31, 2018 2:01 AM

The stench of tedious trolls has permeated DL since Dump became president. Not only do these trolls ruin the political threads, they are anti-gay and are all over the celeb and sex threads.

The blocking option is wonderful.

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 30August 31, 2018 2:24 AM

[quote]Why does Riz have a big 'NO' on his hand?

He has fake tattoos for the movie he's currently filming. He's in costume in the linked photo, he's also dyed his hair blond.

by Anonymousreply 31August 31, 2018 2:28 AM

This new bug-eyed, big-nosed person can take on the roles which bug-eyed, big-nosed Jeff Goldblum used to take.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 31, 2018 8:25 AM

The hate for Riz Ahmed is quite juvenile, most of these posts sound as if they've been written by teens. I've never read this much vitriol against an actor on any forum in my life.

Oddly enough, there are tons of people who find Jeff Goldblum attractive and even sexy. Riz is a much different actor than Jeff, he would never be asked to play Jeff's types of roles.

Riz is handsome, get your eyes checked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 31, 2018 8:59 AM

"I'd DO HIM!, DO HIM GOOOD!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 31, 2018 10:06 PM

Great interview!

by Anonymousreply 35September 2, 2018 2:03 AM

Oh my, I would get lost in his beautiful brown eyes

by Anonymousreply 36September 2, 2018 4:13 AM

Riz has a new GF! Here they are at the US Open this past Saturday. Her name is Sagarika Sundaram, she's a London based textile and rug designer.

She's adorable, a huge improvement from the last crazy looking red-haired anorexic white chick.

This young woman could just be friend. Getty Images listed her as a girlfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 4, 2018 4:04 AM

^ Is that person another genuine Pakistani?

Do they belong to the same caste?

by Anonymousreply 38September 4, 2018 5:21 AM

[quote] Is that person another genuine Pakistani? Do they belong to the same caste?

Don't think Riz has an actual type, he's dated white women, black women and the last kooky chick was Dutch/Pakistani. Not sure if Pakistanis are into castes. Think that's more an Indian thing. Riz is British born, seems doubtful he lives by those sorts of caste rules.

The cutie-pie, Sagarika Sundaram, is Indian. She grew up in India, Dubai and London. Sagarika attend the MICA art school in Maryland, the same school David Byrne and Jeff Koons attended.

by Anonymousreply 39September 4, 2018 9:40 AM

She looks sweet, but very plain Jane. She needs some eye make-up and lip gloss or something.

by Anonymousreply 40September 4, 2018 10:54 AM

[quote]She looks sweet, but very plain Jane. She needs some eye make-up and lip gloss or something.

Whoever this young woman is, she's naturally cute, a woman who is pretty without makeup. Actually, she does look a bit butch, she could be a lesbian, simply yet another friend of Riz. He has tons of friends.

Whatever this young woman is to Riz, she's a definite improvement from the last insane looking GF, she looked like a dissipated 45 year old stripper on a constant bender. Something was not right with that woman, she always looked high and dirty. No wonder Riz hid her for five years.

by Anonymousreply 41September 5, 2018 3:17 AM

I'm amazed that so many of you find this man attractive when he has very cold blank eyes. He looks like a sadist. I know a lot of you are superficial and can't get past that (shit it took me a lot to get past looks) but this is the face of the man you DO NOT go home with. He exudes no warmth. Wouldn't be surprised if he was something in the vein of sadistic, manipulative, orgy loving sociopath. I guess some of you might like that sort of man lol. But trust me he is off.

by Anonymousreply 42September 5, 2018 4:11 AM

r42 some of us like a challenge lol

I can also tell by his eyes (which are beautiful btw) that there is something very intense within him. But that turns me on! I love trying to "crack the code" to guys like this.

by Anonymousreply 43September 5, 2018 4:19 AM

[quote]I'm amazed that so many of you find this man attractive when he has very cold blank eyes. He looks like a sadist. I know a lot of you are superficial and can't get past that (shit it took me a lot to get past looks) but this is the face of the man you DO NOT go home with. He exudes no warmth. Wouldn't be surprised if he was something in the vein of sadistic, manipulative, orgy loving sociopath. I guess some of you might like that sort of man lol. But trust me he is off.

Wow, you got ALL from Riz's eyes, that's damn hilarious. I'm sure not superficial. I'm in a LTR, so I don't go home with anyone. If I was still single, even though I find Riz extremely sexy and hot, I wouldn't go home with him simply because he's famous. That was never my thing.

A very close longtime friend looks a bit like Riz, he has those large doe eyes and an overall intensity. Yet, he's one of the sweetest nicest kindest people I've ever known in my life. He will literally give you the coat off his back if you were cold. He's been with his partner for years, is smart, hard working and certainly not a perv or a sadist.

Everyone who has worked with Riz has praised him for his warmth, helpfulness and professionalism. Sure, he's intense looking, but that helps with his acting. He's also from a fairly poor background, he's worked his way up the ladder, it doesn't appear much was handed to him. You have to be quite intelligent to get a scholarship to Oxford. A friend went to Oxford, she's super intelligent, a scientist. Of course, none of this positiveness would mean Riz wasn't a sociopath. Wasn't Ted Bundy a professor?

Yet you are giving us no explanation other than eyes and his looks to explain why you think Riz might be a "sadistic, manipulative, orgy loving sociopath". You need to give us some deeper reasons why, other than the superficiality of a person's "very cold blank eyes" and their overall 'look'.

I think he has beautiful soulful eyes. Depending on his acting role, his eyes and his overall appearance seem to come across differently. Isn't that what great acting is all about? That's the difference between an actor and a movie star. Movie stars are essentially playing themselves in their roles. You see the star before the character.

Here he looks like an angel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 5, 2018 5:17 AM

[quote]I can also tell by his eyes (which are beautiful btw) that there is something very intense within him. But that turns me on! I love trying to "crack the code" to guys like this.

His lips are also amazing, damn near perfect!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 5, 2018 5:58 AM

Smooches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 5, 2018 6:00 AM

Those lips! Mmmmm

by Anonymousreply 47September 7, 2018 1:56 AM

Riz will be at TIFF this week. Wonder who will be on his arm. Time to come out!

by Anonymousreply 48September 7, 2018 4:22 AM

Riz and director Yann Demange at TIFF. Yann is being considered to direct the next Bond film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 8, 2018 11:41 AM

Fashion Forward Riz. Not feeling this at all.

He seems too short to be wearing pants above the ankles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 9, 2018 7:53 AM

Riz, back in London after his long stay in Brooklyn. Here he's at Fashion Week.

Is this his new BF? The grey haired guy looks really happy to be there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 20, 2018 4:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!