Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Creepy Ring footage?

What’s DL’s take on this? The quality is not great. Does she look distraught to you? Is that really what appears to be a restraint on her wrist?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147August 30, 2018 10:14 PM

That is seriously fucked up. Maybe she ran off from this dump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 27, 2018 7:29 PM

According to this reddit thread Houston is a major center for human trafficking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 27, 2018 7:36 PM

OP here. Montgomery County has a lot of redneck methheads and really creepy little rural towns surrounded by thick woods.

And, yes, Houston is #1 for human trafficking due to population and proximity to the border.

by Anonymousreply 3August 27, 2018 7:42 PM

What’s in her hand? A scooter?

by Anonymousreply 4August 27, 2018 7:52 PM

That's a strap hanging from her wrist.

by Anonymousreply 5August 27, 2018 7:54 PM

R4 it looks like a padded wrist restraint.

by Anonymousreply 6August 27, 2018 7:54 PM

Who is she? Who was she? Who does she hope to be?

by Anonymousreply 7August 27, 2018 7:56 PM

It looks like a lanyard with IDs or something.

by Anonymousreply 8August 27, 2018 8:06 PM

That's Sarah Lachey. She died ten years ago.

by Anonymousreply 9August 27, 2018 8:09 PM

I once had someone knocking on my back door at 3am, which was scary because I don’t live on a road, I live on a flag lot and you can’t see my house from the street, so most people don’t know it’s there. And my backyard was black as pitch back then, before I had security lights put in.

So......it turned out to be an Eastern European girl who wanted us to call the police so they’d give her a ride 45 minutes away to the next township. Seems she met a Caribbean guy at a party & went home with him but changed her mind. The guy was renting my neighbor’s basement. In fact, my neighbor was a renter who was always renting out rooms & basements in the summer so she could make a profit. The house owner lived in NM & didn’t give a shit what went on in her house so long as she got paid every month.

The Caribbean guy told the cops he couldn’t drive her because he’d been drinking heavily and didn’t want to get into an accident. He said he would drive her back at 7:30 am but he needed a couple of hours to sleep off what he’d been drinking. The cops told the girl she could do one of two things: wait until 7:30 and let the guy drive her back to the place where she was staying , or they’d drop her at the train station & the next train would be at 10:30 am. But they were not a taxi service for drunk people.

She was quite a character, insisting she had no cell phone, no purse, no money and she didn’t know the phone number of where her friends were staying. But the cops wouldn’t budge. The Caribbean guy had come right out of the house and shown the cops ID and was perfectly logical. Eventually I went back to bed and I heard she stayed at the house next door until 7:30.

In the old days they used to hire Irish college kids to work in the shops & restaurants out here in summer but when Ireland was doing good in the late 90s,/early 2000s the kids no longer needed the summer work, so employment agencies brought in Eastern Europeans & Caribbeans. I have to say, the Irish kids were much more fun & never pulled the kind of crap this girl did. Alas, the Irish never came back.

Thankfully, the bitch house owner got divorced and sold the house. Now a family lives there.

by Anonymousreply 10August 27, 2018 8:14 PM

she has a keylatch on her wrist, with keys.

by Anonymousreply 11August 27, 2018 8:17 PM

My friend’s husband was home alone, working in the basement, when he was surprised to hear his wife upstairs in the kitchen. He went up to ask why she was home so early but instead found an older woman frying up eggs on the stove. A total stranger.

He calmly made small talk with her until she’d finished eating. She said that she was tired so he suggested that she relax on the couch. When she was askeep, he called the cops who quietly took her home.

Shit happens.

by Anonymousreply 12August 27, 2018 8:23 PM

Near naked and ringing a doorbell in the middle of the night? Probably a (crazy) person on drugs.

Not long ago there was a guy that came down our neighborhood street late at night, riding a bicycle, and ringing doorbells. The woman next door phoned the police but I don't know if they caught him.

by Anonymousreply 13August 27, 2018 8:25 PM

It doesn't look to me like she is running or looking over her shoulder as she would if she thought someone was following her. If she escaped from someone, wouldn't she pound on the door and windows?

by Anonymousreply 14August 27, 2018 8:34 PM

Another couple reported that someone rang their doorbell 20-30 times at about 3AM that night. By the time the husband got to the door the person was gone.

by Anonymousreply 15August 27, 2018 8:37 PM

That is creepy. She is not running, though, and does not appear scared. I mean, it looks like she just "saunters" up to the door. And why didn't she stay long enough for anyone to answer?

by Anonymousreply 16August 27, 2018 8:49 PM

R16 cause she’s been dead for 5 years

by Anonymousreply 17August 27, 2018 8:51 PM

Seems like someone could have identified her by now.

by Anonymousreply 18August 27, 2018 8:55 PM

Looks like she has a key to a locker that they give you when you go to a public or gym swimming pool. That would explain her “beachy” attire.

by Anonymousreply 19August 27, 2018 9:09 PM

The home owner opened his door? Hope he was packin.

by Anonymousreply 20August 27, 2018 9:12 PM

It's Texas of course he was.

by Anonymousreply 21August 27, 2018 9:13 PM

If someone is at your door at 3 am it’s a good idea to be packing no matter where you live

by Anonymousreply 22August 27, 2018 9:15 PM

R22 it’s “packin”

by Anonymousreply 23August 27, 2018 9:18 PM

That was really kind of him R12.

by Anonymousreply 24August 27, 2018 9:20 PM

Original FB post

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 27, 2018 9:23 PM

Drugs

by Anonymousreply 26August 27, 2018 9:28 PM

Carnival of Souls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 27, 2018 9:52 PM

This feels like some guerrilla marketing campaign for an upcoming horror picture this fall

by Anonymousreply 28August 27, 2018 9:54 PM

It's being investigated by the Montgomery County Sheriff's office. It's real.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 27, 2018 9:59 PM

I hear you knocking but you can’t come in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 27, 2018 10:11 PM

Drunk neighbor?

by Anonymousreply 31August 27, 2018 10:14 PM

She could be mentally ill which makes her very vulnerable to being trafficked. There is real concern, hence the Sheriffs are investigating.

by Anonymousreply 32August 27, 2018 10:35 PM

Not to worry - our friends at Websleuths are on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 27, 2018 10:42 PM

Perhaps she was Shanghai’d by that Q fella

by Anonymousreply 34August 27, 2018 10:43 PM

Brenda Dickson, I’ve been looking all over for you!

Why didn’t you tell me that you had moved? Will you be doing a new “Welcome to my Home” video?

by Anonymousreply 35August 27, 2018 10:48 PM

It’s on both wrists, dummies upthread.

by Anonymousreply 36August 27, 2018 10:50 PM

Trick or Treat?

by Anonymousreply 37August 27, 2018 10:52 PM

That’s a Fitbit on her wrist OP.

Everyone is counting their steps these days.

by Anonymousreply 38August 27, 2018 10:52 PM

Creepy as fuck footage. I wish it was a viral marketing campaign for something other than human trafficking that is...

by Anonymousreply 39August 27, 2018 11:02 PM

[quote]Who is she? Who was she? Who does she hope to be?

Most importantly, what's on her iPod? The soundtrack from "Suspiria"?

by Anonymousreply 40August 27, 2018 11:08 PM

If she's an Evangelical, she should make her way over to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

The way she's dressed, Trump will make her the Guest of Honor.

by Anonymousreply 41August 27, 2018 11:09 PM

It’s a white woman, so apply all of the resources and spare no expense. It’s The American Way!

by Anonymousreply 42August 27, 2018 11:23 PM

I don’t understand why it’s “creepy as fuck.” It’s a lady who doesn’t seem to be injured, upset, frightened, running away from anyone, hallucinating or in the midst of a psychotic break.

I say she’s drunk, maybe did a little molly or acid and thinks a friend of hers lives on that block.

It’s not like she’s eating someone’s face or in terror of anything.

by Anonymousreply 43August 27, 2018 11:23 PM

R42 if she was black the police would have been called right away

by Anonymousreply 44August 27, 2018 11:29 PM

Well that sufficiently creeped me out. Im glad the sheriff posted about it.

by Anonymousreply 45August 27, 2018 11:50 PM

I am so glad I live in an apartment building.

There are 2 doors to get into my building. The outer one locks at 10pm and requires a keyless fob to open. The inner door requires a key. Then you need another key to get into your apartment.

I never get people knocking on my door at night. It would freak me out.

The worst that ever happens is someone will buzz from outside, but no way would I buzz anyone in unless I was expecting company or a delivery.

I never want to live in a house.

by Anonymousreply 46August 28, 2018 12:20 AM

I can't imagine living out in the boondocks, it's creepy as hell.

When I visit family upstate NY, it's too weird. These people lived in apartments and a house in Brooklyn their entire lives, they then decided they wanted "more space"they bought property and got a house built in some tiny upstate town. Then, once they moved there, they were crowing about "missing the city" and were downstate every other weekend to go to a concert or try out some new restaurant. They regret the move, but will never admit it. One of their pets was killed by a coyote!

They never took into consideration the brutal Winters and the fact they were close to retirement age when they made such a stupid move. They have their own generator. I wonder what happens when they're both are unable to drive.

by Anonymousreply 47August 28, 2018 2:49 AM

I would LOVE to never deal with shit neighbors. If that means that a pantless girl rings my doorbell once in a while, I’d consider myself blesssed.

by Anonymousreply 48August 28, 2018 2:55 AM

Drugs.

by Anonymousreply 49August 28, 2018 3:11 AM

Another neighbor saw the woman crawling along a fence.

by Anonymousreply 50August 28, 2018 4:27 AM

You just made the story creepier, R50.

by Anonymousreply 51August 28, 2018 8:24 AM

It was me...sorry to disturb [bold] : o [/bold]

Just lookin' fer some COCK!

by Anonymousreply 52August 28, 2018 8:33 AM

[quote]I don’t understand why it’s “creepy as fuck.” It’s a lady who doesn’t seem to be injured, upset, frightened, running away from anyone, hallucinating or in the midst of a psychotic break.

I love these posts from shitheads that can’t get out of their own asses long enough to “Understand” something. Someone rings your doorbell at 300AM. You’re dumb enough to open the door and see that nobody’s there. You check the security camera the next day, and you see that it was a woman who literally looks like an escaped mental patient.

...yeah, that’s not creepy AT ALL.

GTFOH

by Anonymousreply 53August 28, 2018 9:52 AM

She probably just wanted to borrow a cup of sugar...or a pasta strainer.

by Anonymousreply 54August 28, 2018 10:18 AM

[quote]...or a pasta strainer.

Don't.

by Anonymousreply 55August 28, 2018 10:37 AM

My parents live in Montgomery. They've kept me in mental restraints my entire life.

by Anonymousreply 56August 28, 2018 10:53 AM

r55 UNDOCTORED FOOTAGE of a DL-er being awoken at 3:00 am for a pasta strainer...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 28, 2018 11:09 AM

I'd lay odds this was just someone who had been out late drinking and thought she would play a gag on the neighbors by ringing their doorbell and running. When I was a kid this is exactly the kind of shit we'd doing during summer camp-outs.

by Anonymousreply 58August 28, 2018 11:22 AM

It doesn't seem that scary to me, either. People have come up to my door in the middle of the night several times over the years; once, my dippy boyfriend at the time actually opened the door and "lent" this obviously drunk girl some tools and a flashlight which of course we never saw again. She looked more distressed than this lady does.

by Anonymousreply 59August 28, 2018 11:22 AM

True, R58. And Reddit is full of these kinds of "creepy" videos which seem likely to be staged.

by Anonymousreply 60August 28, 2018 11:24 AM

Those are soft wrist-restraints. Use them frequently in the ER for violent or intubated patients.

by Anonymousreply 61August 28, 2018 11:47 AM

The woman in the video is probably sitting at home right now, having a good laugh at the overwrought Marys who have convinced themselves that a drunken prank is evidence of "gasp!" human trafficking.

by Anonymousreply 62August 28, 2018 11:55 AM

For some reason, R47, some New York City folk have romanticized the idea of living “upstate” in the boonies. I, too, know a couple from the city who moved to their rustic paradise upstate. She’s a writer, he still works in the city three days a week and has a miserable commute. He can’t understand why none of his old friends want to spend their entire weekend driving to and from his place in the middle of nowhere with nowhere to go and nothing to do.

The funny thing is, the wife pushed for the move to the country even though they both live off of his job. And, ironically, even though she’s an SJW on steroids and willing to lecture you about the evils of white people, capitalism, etc., the minute she moved into that area, she started going to the local planning and zoning meetings to bitch about all her poor farmer neighbors and their unsightly trucks and tractors parked within view of the rustic road leading to her beautifully renovated home.

by Anonymousreply 63August 28, 2018 12:11 PM

It looks to me like she's looking back over her shoulder at someone, as though someone put her up to ringing the bell and is waiting for her out of frame and her lack of obvious fear would indicate that the someone is either another escapee, a co-conspirator or that she's majorly drugged. Nobody uses mental patient restraints for consensual sex or...any other kind of "fun".

Mostly, though, I'm annoyed at how misleading the screen grab is. She looks pretty in the screen grab. We can clearly see in the video that he profile is definitely not pretty and that's deceptive. If they want to find out who she really is, they need to show her craggy, chinless profile.

by Anonymousreply 64August 28, 2018 12:36 PM

She's a drunk college girl out late on the first week of class getting drunk and she had the wrong house. She's looking for whoever the party house is on that street. The neighbors know but they probably won't say.

by Anonymousreply 65August 28, 2018 12:40 PM

Avon calling.

by Anonymousreply 66August 28, 2018 12:46 PM

She doesn’t look to be a college girl to me, r65. I’d guess her age to be at least mid 30s.

by Anonymousreply 67August 28, 2018 12:52 PM

Maybe if she ran a comb through that rats nest someone would have answered the door.

by Anonymousreply 68August 28, 2018 12:55 PM

She appears pregnant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 28, 2018 9:39 PM

Hon got a bun?

by Anonymousreply 70August 28, 2018 9:40 PM

Who’s that girl?

by Anonymousreply 71August 29, 2018 12:18 AM

[quote]Who’s that girl?

Madonna is so desperate, this is her new attention getting preview viral video, the woman is an actress.

Madonna's new video is going to be a cross between The Conjuring and The Blair Witch Project. How original.

by Anonymousreply 72August 29, 2018 12:44 AM

Could it be Sarah Kinslow? Related reddit link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73August 29, 2018 1:25 AM

Those are wrist restraints. It is not "normal" for some woman to be out walking alone at 3:00 am in nothing but a T-shirt and frikkin' wrist restraints (which it appears she broke out of because they are still attached), ringing a doorbell and then leaving. It's the fact that she was NOT screaming or beating the door or appearing anxious that is the creepy part to me.

by Anonymousreply 74August 29, 2018 1:33 AM

This is probably a stupid viral video PR campaign to sell a horror movie or line of hair extensions

by Anonymousreply 75August 29, 2018 1:40 AM

Summer brings out some crazy shit. Remember the Montauk Monster from the summer of '08?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 29, 2018 2:12 AM

The FB post with all the people posting pics of their missing relatives is so sad.

She does saunter up casually almost swinging the restraints on her arms.

by Anonymousreply 77August 29, 2018 2:49 AM

[quote]I love these posts from shitheads that can’t get out of their own asses long enough to “umderstand” something

It’s teenaged boys who want to posture themselves as “badass” for the most part.

Puerto Ricans do it a lot too. “Dat shit ain scary yo. Ha ha ha das so STOOPID.”

by Anonymousreply 78August 29, 2018 3:30 AM

Is Tamara home?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 29, 2018 7:49 AM

Honest question from a life-long apartment dweller, where you need entry badges and keys or buzzed in by a resident just to get inside.

I've never had to deal with people just out of nowhere knocking on my door.

Does this really happen that frequently? Especially in the middle of the night? And you'd really just open the door for them?

I can't imagine I'd even come to the door. Unless I was expecting someone or a delivery, I'd ignore it. Especially in the middle of the night.

Call me a Mary but it seems so dangerous nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 80August 29, 2018 9:54 AM

[quote] Does this really happen that frequently? Especially in the middle of the night? And you'd really just open the door for them?

No, no, and NO.

(But what's to stop strange residents of your apt. building from knocking on your door?)

by Anonymousreply 81August 29, 2018 10:37 AM

No, R81, it doesn't happen often which is why this is so unsettling. I think this is the real deal, unfortunately, and the woman was/is in peril.

I live in suburbia and freak out if anybody rings my bell day or night. Just doesn't happen unless I'm expecting someone and since I'm a loner that doesn't happen much at all.

by Anonymousreply 82August 29, 2018 10:39 AM

R81 needs reading comprehension lessons.

If you live in an apt building, you need a badge or keys just to get into the lobby.

Which means those of us who live in secure buildings never have random people knocking on our doors. And in 20 years of living in apts, this has never once happened to me.

Understand now, dear?

by Anonymousreply 83August 29, 2018 10:56 AM

You mean to say that you know every single person in your apartment building by name and by sight, R83? New tenants whom you may or may not know never move in and out?

Those people could get drunk and run down the halls knocking on doors at 3am if they wanted.

I live in a large secure building with fairly high turnover. There could be all sorts of freaks living here with me; I have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 84August 29, 2018 12:16 PM

She’s fine, she sends her love

by Anonymousreply 85August 29, 2018 2:03 PM

So what is the real deal? I see no updates here.

by Anonymousreply 86August 29, 2018 2:09 PM

R83 type tard

by Anonymousreply 87August 29, 2018 3:19 PM

It's a viral marketing campaign for wrist restraints.

by Anonymousreply 88August 29, 2018 3:23 PM

I live in Montgomery county and it was on the news. She went to several houses and rang the doorbell. She rang the doorbell 20-30 times at the house in the video. Sorry but that is fucking creepy no matter how you slice it.

by Anonymousreply 89August 29, 2018 3:55 PM

I live in Houston and there’s a game called “ding, dong, ditch” common with teens at night. Someone was banging on my front door at 2 am one night. I didn’t answer the door but the same night several people complained of the same thing and a man reported seeing a girl in an animal mask on his porch before running away and jumping in a car.

I don’t think this is that, though.

by Anonymousreply 90August 29, 2018 4:43 PM

I live in the Bermuda Triangle and missing people keep falling out of the sky.

by Anonymousreply 91August 29, 2018 4:45 PM

Where is Trump on this? Can’t he run round the neighborhood and save her?

by Anonymousreply 92August 29, 2018 5:05 PM

I just read that a woman thinks this is her missing sister. A pregnant woman who went missing a few months back in Midland TX. Traveling from Reno to Midkand with s nan she didn’t know. Told her sister the man made her afraid for her life. Sounds like she was a prostitute or involved with drug running. So sad if this is her. I imagine she was being quiet because the house she escaped from is within earshot and she’s afraid he’ll cone after her as soon as he notices she’s gone. And it looks like that’s exactly what happened.

by Anonymousreply 93August 29, 2018 5:09 PM

[quote] I love these posts from shitheads that can’t get out of their own asses long enough to “umderstand” something

[quote] It’s teenaged boys who want to posture themselves as “badass” for the most part. Puerto Ricans do it a lot too. “Dat shit ain scary yo. Ha ha ha das so STOOPID.”

What the fucking fuck? Someone isn’t scared or creeped out by what looks like a drunk person who walked out of the local ER and this is cause to indulge in some random racism?

by Anonymousreply 94August 29, 2018 6:38 PM

They keep describing her as a “young woman.” She doesn’t look all that young to me. She looks at least 40. (I’m 60, so don’t go trying to accuse me of being a millennial for not thinking 40 is young)

And who doesn’t yell “I’m on the phone with 911,” when someone rings their doorbell 20 times? If the woman was in distress, she’d want 911 called and would stay there on the porch waiting instead of going to another house?

by Anonymousreply 95August 29, 2018 6:43 PM

Something like this happened in Toronto. They said it was an abduction, but the woman was found & she’s fine. She calls the guy “Johnny” on the tape, so she knew him. The police released a photo of the suspect & his first name is John.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 29, 2018 7:06 PM

R95 The whole thing is just weird. Maybe she is drugged (not voluntarily) and too out of it to wait for the people to come to the door and call 911. And she DOES look pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 97August 29, 2018 7:09 PM

Doorbell security cameras are a big thing. Not as expensive as wiring outdoor security cameras. They have WiFi now and send you an email when someone rings your doorbell. That way, if you slept through the night, you would know in the morning that someone rang your doorbell and could check the footage. The clarity is not great, though. The security tape in R96 is a lot scarier until you find out she knows the guy and she’s not hurt.

by Anonymousreply 98August 29, 2018 7:38 PM

The woman who identified her as her sister said she recognized the tattoos. I can't make the tattoos out. Maybe the sister saw an enhanced version of the pictures if she's been in contact with the police.

by Anonymousreply 99August 29, 2018 7:39 PM

Ghost?

by Anonymousreply 100August 29, 2018 8:12 PM

Maybe she’s the modern riff on the urban legend about the hitchhiking prom queen ghost

by Anonymousreply 101August 29, 2018 8:16 PM

I honestly think she escaped from a “home” where she was being held captive. It’s horrifying to think that there are bunkers with people held against their will who won’t ever be discovered if only by accident.,

by Anonymousreply 102August 29, 2018 8:18 PM

Tell me about it!

by Anonymousreply 103August 29, 2018 8:21 PM

The woman who said she believes this is her sister is named Rachel Denison and the missing woman is named Caitlin Denison. Here’s creepy for you — they are related to a woman named Brianna Denison who was abducted from Reno NV and killed in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 104August 29, 2018 8:28 PM

So if the woman is Caitlin Denison, they surely have Brianna Denison’s DNA on file from her murder case. They’d be able to tell if the woman who touched the doorbell is related to Brianna Denison

by Anonymousreply 105August 29, 2018 8:32 PM

I live alone and don't own a gun. If I heard someone ringing my doorbell at 3 am, I would freak out. I wouldn't open the door. What if it's a set up.. and you open the door, and men hidden in bushes, rush in? I would call 911 and say a woman who looks in distress, is at my door, and let the police handle it. I guess that seems heartless, but I wouldn't take the chance, especially when I can't defend myself.

by Anonymousreply 106August 29, 2018 9:03 PM

Is Dolly in danger???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 29, 2018 9:04 PM

It's not heartless, R106. It's self-preservation. I'm a female, don't own a gun, and I live alone. There are lots of bushes by my front door and could picture such a scenario. It could very well be a home invasion set up. Even if I had a gun, if I were to shoot someone who is menacing from outside my front door, I'd likely be charged. Or worse, the gun might be wrestled away and used against me. I'd do the exact same thing. I'd talk to her through a window and let her know help is on the way.

by Anonymousreply 108August 29, 2018 9:15 PM

R83, same. Now that we live in a doorman building, that never happens. We feel so safe, we leave the door deadbolted open so that we don’t even use our key 80% of the time. Probably shouldn’t do that.

When we lived in a buzzer building, we occasionally had a drunk or crackhead bumbling around the hallway. But we knew all of our neighbors and still felt pretty safe.

My SIL’s VERY fancy ($$) and secure building had some scandal where the handyman was letting himself in to the apartments and stealing lingerie and jewelry. Crazy shit.

by Anonymousreply 109August 29, 2018 9:27 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110August 29, 2018 9:27 PM

If you go to article, you can see what could be tattoos on the video that match a missing 19 year old. I hope they find her.

by Anonymousreply 111August 29, 2018 9:31 PM

Houston is on the Gulf but not close to a boarder.

by Anonymousreply 112August 29, 2018 9:34 PM

Houston is the hub

by Anonymousreply 113August 29, 2018 9:36 PM

It’s relatively close to the border and has highways that quickly branch out across North America

by Anonymousreply 114August 29, 2018 9:37 PM

When a girl knocks on your door in the middle of the night, you don't act like a coward...YOU OPEN THE GODDAMN DOOR. Men are fucking cowards but a woman would recognize a girl in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 115August 29, 2018 9:39 PM

Ok, tough guy

by Anonymousreply 116August 29, 2018 9:41 PM

Best not to answer. Houston has had quite a few home invasions using one person to get owner to answer door, then other people push the door open.

Houston is close enough to the border to be a major human trafficking hub.

by Anonymousreply 117August 29, 2018 9:43 PM

Yep, one person bangs on the door, pretends to be in trouble. Homeowner opens the door, her partner barges in and they loot your house.

I'll call 911 but am not opening a door.

by Anonymousreply 118August 29, 2018 9:51 PM

The story is unraveling right now, but it appears the woman has been located in that subdivision and the "suspicious shooting" incident involved her boyfriend killing himself. They're not releasing her name yet, but they say she's a 32 year old woman and is the same person seen in the doorbell video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 29, 2018 10:09 PM

Why get involved? If she rings the bell in the middle of the night, ignore it. Tell the cops you must have slept through it. Better to get on with your life then voluntarily getting wrapped up in God Knows What.

by Anonymousreply 120August 29, 2018 10:09 PM

I've never lived in an old school East Coast apartment building a la Curious George, but I always wanted to. Unfortunately I've only lived in these mini city, sprawling apartment complexes where anyone can knock on your door at any hour. The scariest was in Austin where some big guy literally kept trying to open my door because he got the wrong apt. I kept telling him his friend didn't live there, but he was drunk and insistent. Nearly busted my door until I told him I was calling the cops. Many issues through the years with Jehovah's witnesses and annoying kids playing pranks. I lived in some Houston apts where some Asian ladies were prostituting themselves and strange men came over at all hours. These apts weren't cheap either, they were considered "luxury." I envy those of you with doormen.

by Anonymousreply 121August 29, 2018 10:29 PM

I have opened the door for a stranded girl, let her in the house and then took her home. I have heard too many stories of women escaping a captor...run for help and no one would help, then they were killed. I will help if I can. Like I said, most men are cowards and simply don't care.

by Anonymousreply 122August 29, 2018 10:58 PM

Their not releasing her name because she's a victim of domestic violence. This incident was the second time she tried to escape.

by Anonymousreply 123August 29, 2018 11:05 PM

What a boring and anti-climatic end to this story.

by Anonymousreply 124August 29, 2018 11:20 PM

Texas apartment complexes are some of the sketchiest places in America. Think it’s income driven (most middle class in TX have a house or townhouse) as well as the guns and general craziness of Texas.

by Anonymousreply 125August 29, 2018 11:23 PM

Brianna Denison was their cousin & Caitlin Denison went missing exactly 10 years after her cousin was murdered.

by Anonymousreply 126August 29, 2018 11:44 PM

[quote] My SIL’s VERY fancy ($$) and secure building had some scandal where the handyman was letting himself in to the apartments and stealing lingerie and jewelry. Crazy shit.

They’re lucky. In the VERY secure building I used to live in where everybody knew everyone else one of the maintenance guys murdered an elderly woman who also left her deadbolt unlocked. He noted she leaves her door unlocked, went in, robbed and killed her. At the time the building wasn’t posh (it is now), but had two doormen and several security guards including a guy on a cushman who patrolled the complex (there were 2 big buildings with 600 apartments each.

I miss that place. Everyone who lived there was middle or working class and networked. Lots of families with really good kids, not brats. But Bloomberg let it go luxury and everyone was priced out.

by Anonymousreply 127August 29, 2018 11:51 PM

Well, it turns out to be just the usual story you hear coming out of TX or FL.

by Anonymousreply 128August 29, 2018 11:59 PM

[quote] Houston is on the Gulf but not close to a boarder.

by Anonymousreply 129August 30, 2018 12:05 AM

The woman ringing a Texas home’s doorbell late at night has been found safe.

According to a statement by the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, she was found Wednesday, the victim was found after her boyfriend was discovered dead.

However, police are not identifying the woman, saying she is the victim of domestic violence.

The statement said the police received a family-welfare call around 11 a.m. Wednesday. After having to forcibly enter the home in the 18400 block of Sunrise Pines in the Sunrise Ranch subdivision, they found a 49-year-old white man, whom police also did not identify.

“The preliminary cause of death is believed to be a single gunshot wound,” the sheriff’s office said.

by Anonymousreply 130August 30, 2018 1:17 AM

Her name is apparently Jamie Grosjean Leavell. The guy who has been found shot is Josh Leavell. He probably did shoot himself. Some people on the Daily Mail are saying she might have killed him and tried to make it look like he had her captive, but he probably did have her captive. They were divorced and had children.

by Anonymousreply 131August 30, 2018 1:22 AM

There was a fundraiser for them and a few of their former neighbors, because they were affected by hurricane Harvey, before they moved to this home a few months ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132August 30, 2018 1:23 AM

Jamie also had a Go Fund Me for her friend Brooke who was diagnosed with adrenal cancer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133August 30, 2018 1:24 AM

She also started a Go Fund Me page for a friend who had some medical crisis

by Anonymousreply 134August 30, 2018 1:25 AM

Oops. R133 posted just as I was hitting post. So it looks like they moved into the neighborhood after their home was flooded after the hurricane. I guess being new to the neighborhood and held captive explains why neighbors reported never having seen her before. She looks "normal" in the GFM avatar. This must be a shock to her former neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 135August 30, 2018 1:31 AM

I agree with R102. I get sick at the thought of how many houses out there have people being held against their will. Im sure it is more common than we think. Upsetting.

by Anonymousreply 136August 30, 2018 1:36 AM

It's really strange. Everything on their facebooks looks normal. He updated his with a repeated picture of the two of them just six hours ago. It must have been his last act?

by Anonymousreply 137August 30, 2018 1:37 AM

You’re right, R117. My brother and his two year old daughter were almost carjacked in Houston last week. A man and a woman with a kid in the backseat got next to him and rolled down their window, pointing at his car. He rolled his window down and they told him his tire was flat. He said something just didn’t feel right, but he almost believed them because the woman kept saying, “I wouldn’t drive on that.” He has a pretty new Volvo and there wasn’t any dash indicator light about the tire. He never pulled over and the people went on. When he got home, of course his tires were all fine. He was on a pretty isolated stretch when it happened and he can’t imagine what they were planning to do once he stopped, got out, and saw that there was no flat tire. Robbery, beating, kidnapping, car hacking, something fucked up. They weren’t going to just say, “Aw, gee. Sorry, sir. We just wanted to see if you could spare a few bucks.” The woman and kid in the back were exactly what the male driver would need to soften people up. Houston is having a lot of midnight kickins, robberies at gas stations where the perpetrators know full well they’ll be filmed but apparently don’t give a shit. Guns are everywhere. My brother doesn’t own one, but is actually thinking about it for the first time in his life. I don’t think this is part of some organized crime thing. I think there are a lot of desperate junkies looking for any way to score their next fix and they’ll do anything in the moment.

by Anonymousreply 138August 30, 2018 1:53 AM

Desperate poverty and the flood of underclass from NOLA. Combined with the whole stand your ground, stay off my land Texas mentality. But I still like Houston - diverse and it has an edge which coastal cities have lost.

by Anonymousreply 139August 30, 2018 2:00 AM

Agree, R138, it's the drugs that cause a lot of this crime. Lot of people running around addicted to opioids and meth. They walk around like zombies.

by Anonymousreply 140August 30, 2018 3:43 AM

R137... Everyone tries to make their lives look normal on Facebook.. like the wife of Chris Watts (murderer of her, and two daughters in Colorado). Facebook isn't a good gauge, as most people only show the good.

by Anonymousreply 141August 30, 2018 2:26 PM

I’m glad to hear that your brother and niece are okay R138. Good instincts on his part.

by Anonymousreply 142August 30, 2018 3:07 PM

Oh we've got a Talks To Self FrauSleuths Ghoul up in this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 143August 30, 2018 3:08 PM

Houston, like all of Texas, is a dangerous, miserably hot, ugly, cultureless wasteland shithole. Why anyone would ever live there is beyond me, but you get what you deserve if you do.

by Anonymousreply 144August 30, 2018 3:28 PM

So the National attention to the woman’s plight made him commit suicide. He knew he was in deep shit so took the cowards way out.

by Anonymousreply 145August 30, 2018 6:58 PM

Who else expects there to be a lot of bodied buried in the backyard to one of those houses in Texas?

by Anonymousreply 146August 30, 2018 7:02 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147August 30, 2018 10:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!