Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pinched nerve?

Okay DL Meds, I need your help here.

First off, yes...I am going to the doctor. I'm just waiting on a referral number so I can go and see an Ortho MD.

I have been to my general doctor and she gave me a cream (Diclofenac Sodium Topical Gel 1%) but it doesn;t seem to be working as well as Biofreeze.

So for the last 6 months I have been experiencing my right arm aching at the bend of my elbow but on top of the arm, not the actual elbow. I have also been experiencing tingling in my hand and fingers. The last few days it has gotten worse....my arm can feel heavy, slight spasms in the front of my chest at the shoulder and pain (like a crick in my neck) in my shoulder blade. I've been using the gelBiofreeze, taking Tylenol Arthritis and 300mg of Gabapentin. At least it helps me sleep!

Does thsi sound like a pinched nerve? What treatment can I expect? Cort shot?

by Anonymousreply 16May 5, 2019 6:27 PM

I was in a lot of pain from RSI in my forearm and shoulder. Pain meds eg Tramadol didn't even touch it. Finally I went to a physiotherapist who used ultrasound. She said it was the biggest ball of lactic acid in her career, and she worked with violinists and athletes. Within 2 sessions, all the pain was gone.

by Anonymousreply 1August 21, 2018 10:49 AM

I usually have a pinched nerve too; I just forgot to say so first.

by Anonymousreply 2August 21, 2018 10:54 AM

Shoulder impingement? Only thing that helps mine is a good session with a myotherapist. Exhaustingly painful, hope you get some relief asap OP.

by Anonymousreply 3August 21, 2018 11:28 AM

I'm seeing my chiropractor today at 4pm.

Ortho doc is not seeing me until 9/11.

by Anonymousreply 4August 29, 2018 8:51 AM

Elbow cancer.

by Anonymousreply 5August 29, 2018 9:11 AM

I saw my chiropractor yesterday who helped me last year with my knee.

He said my neck seemed out of place and pushed on it a few times as well as pulling on my arms, etc...

While I still hurt, it is not nearly as bad as it has been. I go back again this afternoon.

I know a lot of people think chiropractors are quacks or fakes but this man has literally helped me so much without surgery/opioids.

by Anonymousreply 6August 30, 2018 10:48 AM

Physiotherapist and acupuncture.

by Anonymousreply 7August 30, 2018 11:17 AM

you have arthritis.

by Anonymousreply 8August 30, 2018 11:43 AM

You’re gonna die Op can I have your stuff?

by Anonymousreply 9August 30, 2018 11:55 AM

The tingling in your hands and fingers is likely carpal tunnel. Do you sit at a computer all day?

by Anonymousreply 10August 30, 2018 12:05 PM

Acupuncture will change your life, OP. it did mine.

by Anonymousreply 11August 30, 2018 12:12 PM

Acupuncture did nothing for me, twice. Nothing. Either time.

by Anonymousreply 12August 30, 2018 12:18 PM

Acupuncture worked for me. Nerve pain and post root canal pain.

by Anonymousreply 13August 30, 2018 3:10 PM

I get these sudden surges of leg pain that hit me out of nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 14May 5, 2019 5:45 PM

There are a handful of folks on youtube that provide solid advice regarding physical therapy for fixing things like golfer's elbow, tennis elbow, tendonitis, shoulder pain, and assorted other ailment. I usually review several videos to identify similarities and differences before selecting a routine to follow, especially looking for warning about things that could cause injury or exacerbate the existing problem.

None of the advice is so extreme that you would risk hurting yourself. Also, not a substitute for going to a doctor. However, I've gotten significant relief by following the suggested regimen.

by Anonymousreply 15May 5, 2019 5:59 PM

My friend who had tingling and numbness in her right arm was just diagnosed with spinal stenosis in her neck. OP, if you don't find an answer soon, look into getting an MRI. It took months for my friend to receive her diagnosis because she has a shitty insurance plan and her doctors were loathe to recommend an expensive MRI. She's having surgery in two weeks. These days you have to push to get answers for medical issues.

by Anonymousreply 16May 5, 2019 6:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!