Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mary Ann Esposito on "Ciao Italia"

How the hell has this helmet haired heffa got the longest running cooking show in the history of the USA? Listening to her is like listening to mold grow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 15, 2018 6:43 PM

Her hair is used for national defense

by Anonymousreply 1August 12, 2018 7:00 PM

I've made MANY of her recipes over the years, and they AND she are terrific...

by Anonymousreply 2August 12, 2018 7:04 PM

I've always thought a wig(s)....probably human hair, made in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 3August 12, 2018 7:07 PM

She's perfect for the PBS crowd.

by Anonymousreply 4August 12, 2018 7:14 PM

I’d take her over Giada any day. Say what you want about her looks but she does present authentic Italian recipes and traditions.

by Anonymousreply 5August 15, 2018 12:08 AM

Never seen her show but have to watch it now.

She looks like she'll age into the quintessential Italian grandmother. She's just in that awkward stage now.

by Anonymousreply 6August 15, 2018 12:46 AM

She's actually a very good instructor, and her recipes actually work. I have nothing against Giada, but I don't really take her seriously. And Lidia is a good instructor, as well, but I've heard too many stories of her personal awfulness.

by Anonymousreply 7August 15, 2018 2:43 AM

R6, she's 76 years old -- she already is a grandmother.

And I agree with R2, she has great recipes. She's a former teacher and did her masters' thesis on Italian Renaissance cooking. Her shows are full of really interesting historical anecdotes.

by Anonymousreply 8August 15, 2018 2:56 AM

She's MUCH better than Lidia Bastianich (who's been stamped with the DL Seal of Disapproval)

by Anonymousreply 9August 15, 2018 3:31 AM

The Kaye Ballard of Kooking.

by Anonymousreply 10August 15, 2018 3:34 AM

She's also a very good and semi pro dancer, she was an extra on Saturday Night Fever and can be seen in tons of the dance clips.

by Anonymousreply 11August 15, 2018 4:05 AM

She's one of my favorites, along with Jacques Pepin.

by Anonymousreply 12August 15, 2018 2:26 PM

R11 are you serious?

by Anonymousreply 13August 15, 2018 5:20 PM

I like her Detroit accent. its cute.

by Anonymousreply 14August 15, 2018 6:01 PM

Holy shit, I forgot about that woman.

by Anonymousreply 15August 15, 2018 6:02 PM

^^^^ I meant Buffalo NY accent. sound alike.

by Anonymousreply 16August 15, 2018 6:02 PM

R5 No way. Say what you want about Giada and her giant teeth but she is a born and bred Italian. This is a frau from BUffalo with questionable Italian lineage.

by Anonymousreply 17August 15, 2018 6:21 PM

I always think of her as the everyman Lidia Bastianich. I LOVE MaryAnne.

by Anonymousreply 18August 15, 2018 6:24 PM

WTF is rice pie? Sounds disgusting, like a Depression-era recipe.

by Anonymousreply 19August 15, 2018 6:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!