Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

OMG. Lance Bass says he bought the Brady Bunch House

Will he make a shrine to Robert Reed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 8, 2018 9:50 PM

Will Mike’s office become the dungeon?

by Anonymousreply 1August 4, 2018 8:38 PM

Somebody get it out of the way, already, and post the cloying "Sure, Jan" GIF.

by Anonymousreply 2August 4, 2018 8:40 PM

I hope he turns it into a whorehouse.

by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2018 8:48 PM

Lance just always struck me as cool.

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2018 8:54 PM

I can't articulate precisely why but this brings me so much joy. I hope he restores it to look like the show set.

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2018 9:03 PM

R4, bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2018 9:03 PM

Orange and avocado kitchen! Orange and avocado kitchen!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2018 9:05 PM

How does Lance Bass have $2 Million

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2018 9:29 PM

Lance made a ton with NSync but he also had some very smart business people around him and did some great investing for him.

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2018 9:55 PM

Good for Lance. He has always had good taste in men (Reichen for one) and now buying this iconic home will be a value keeper even if the California Housing Market crashes.

by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2018 10:02 PM

lance just talked about Bryan Singer on Heather Mcdonald's podcast (listen to it, around 50:00 minutes in) an pretty much excuses Singer from any pedo vibes. Sounds like he was either oblivious to it or is covering up for his friend.

by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2018 10:12 PM

Here's the podcast in case anyone is interested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2018 10:15 PM

Heather McDonald sucks. She’s a racist, transphobic, sycophant who has no place on a gay website. Shun her.

by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2018 10:17 PM

Who cares about her? Just listen to Bass.

by Anonymousreply 14August 4, 2018 10:18 PM

How sweet would it be if he moved Ann B. Davis there to die?

by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2018 10:58 PM

I hope there are no dirty dishes InSink.

by Anonymousreply 16August 4, 2018 11:14 PM

Now he can wake up every morning singing the Brady Bunch theme.

"Here's a story of a lovely lady....."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 4, 2018 11:16 PM

[quote] I can't articulate precisely why but this brings me so much joy. I hope he restores it to look like the show set.

That would not require a restoration. That would require a complete gut and rebuild since the interior of this house is absolutely nothing like the set from the TV show.

by Anonymousreply 18August 4, 2018 11:26 PM

[quote]How sweet would it be if he moved Ann B. Davis there to die?

That would be some trick, considering she died four years ago.

by Anonymousreply 19August 5, 2018 12:02 AM

R17, he can get a doorbell that plays that tune.

by Anonymousreply 20August 5, 2018 12:06 AM

I know it's an expensive house but the neighborhood doesn't seem exclusive enough for someone as famous as Lance.

by Anonymousreply 21August 5, 2018 12:38 AM

Does Lance Bass have a time machine we don’t know about, R15???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 5, 2018 1:53 AM

The star reportedly has plans on converting the inside of the house to a duplicate for the TV show, which will no doubt be chronicled for an upcoming reality show project.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 5, 2018 1:57 AM

That doesn't make any sense. The interior of the real house doesn't match the set.

by Anonymousreply 24August 5, 2018 3:16 AM

[quote]Does Lance Bass have a time machine we don’t know about, [R15]???

No, but he's got a shovel and FindaGrave.com

by Anonymousreply 25August 5, 2018 3:23 AM

Weren't they sending him to the moon at one point or something? He can't sing, dance and he's fug. Why does he have a career?

by Anonymousreply 26August 5, 2018 3:31 AM

I didn't realize that Davis had died. I didn't see anything on Datalounge about it.

Well, then he can move Florence Henderson there to die. And he can rent out the garage apartment to Susan Olsen.

by Anonymousreply 27August 5, 2018 3:40 AM

Is he officially the most annoying professional gay ever?

by Anonymousreply 28August 5, 2018 3:51 AM

R27, good one.

by Anonymousreply 29August 5, 2018 3:53 AM

He's still rich despite doing absolutely nothing for the past 10+ years. This is why investing should be a mandatory class in all schools.

by Anonymousreply 30August 5, 2018 3:59 AM

R30, he's done a lot, just nothing in show business. He flips houses (which concerned some fans of the BB house) and also buys a lot of franchises.

by Anonymousreply 31August 5, 2018 4:03 AM

Will he install a giant staircase?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 5, 2018 4:42 AM

He probably made a fortune from Meeting Mr. Right on Logo. Isn't it coming back for a second season?

by Anonymousreply 33August 5, 2018 5:15 AM

It didn't happen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 5, 2018 5:45 AM

LOL R33 you believe that he made “a fortune” from a show and a network that no one watches.

So he’s spending millions of dollars trying to make a real home look like a TV set . . .

by Anonymousreply 35August 5, 2018 6:12 AM

R27 Are you trying to be funny? Florence Henderson died a year or two back.

by Anonymousreply 36August 5, 2018 6:56 AM

I guess he was outbid for Jeannie's Bottle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 5, 2018 7:10 AM

Obviously not that this is proof of anything, but the net worth sites claim he has an estimated net worth of $22 million.

by Anonymousreply 38August 5, 2018 11:57 AM

[quote]Heather McDonald sucks. She’s a racist, transphobic, sycophant who has no place on a gay website. Shun her.

But is she homophobic?

by Anonymousreply 39August 5, 2018 12:03 PM

R18 I know a separate set was used, I meant that I'd like to see him try to recreate an interior that looks as much like the set as possible.

by Anonymousreply 40August 5, 2018 1:07 PM

I would re-do the facade to make it resemble a giant powderpuff!

by Anonymousreply 41August 5, 2018 1:40 PM

I bet it was Mrs. Hunsaker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 5, 2018 1:55 PM

Well, the house isn't Lance's after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 5, 2018 2:40 PM

[quote]lance just talked about Bryan Singer on Heather Mcdonald's podcast (listen to it, around 50:00 minutes in) an pretty much excuses Singer from any pedo vibes. Sounds like he was either oblivious to it or is covering up for his friend.

When you have no career, you don't shit on people who could put you in a movie.

Lance buying this house just shows that everything he does is a ploy to get attention.

by Anonymousreply 44August 5, 2018 3:23 PM

R44, did you read the fucking article. He didn't get the house.

by Anonymousreply 45August 5, 2018 3:26 PM

R45 No, I didn't read the fucking article; I read the fucking title of this fucking thread. I didn't fucking care enough about the fucking details to read the fucking article.

BTW, for those of you wondering how Lance Bass is so rich, he charges $125 a pop for personalized greetings to strangers on Cameo:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 5, 2018 3:32 PM

[quote]UPDATE: Former NSYNC member Lance Bass posted an update on social media Saturday night saying he was “heartbroken” to learn that his winning bid on the Brady Bunch house was passed over due to “unforeseen circumstances.”

I don't think "winning bid" means what he thinks it means.

And is the bank denying his loan really an "unforeseen circumstance"?

by Anonymousreply 47August 5, 2018 3:40 PM

[quote] How does Lance Bass have $2 Million

Surprising for me as well. N'sync was a long time ago. He wasn't a songwriter so no royalties. How has he supported himself for the last 20 years?

by Anonymousreply 48August 5, 2018 3:42 PM

R39: So if he she's pro-gay, you would support racism and trans phobia? You suck as a human being.

by Anonymousreply 49August 5, 2018 3:48 PM

He's the Debbie Reynolds of the Preserving Classic Television Locales set.

by Anonymousreply 50August 5, 2018 3:50 PM

People who claim he has a lot of money from his N'sync days just don't know what they are talking about.

Boy bands got ripped off by their labels/management.

And the only real money in music is in publishing (which is why Beyonce requires her name be added as a songwriter) -- and Lance was just the hired help, not on the creative team.

by Anonymousreply 51August 5, 2018 6:25 PM

"How does Lance Bass have $2 Million"

unSure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 52August 5, 2018 6:58 PM

as if!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 5, 2018 7:08 PM

R28 Most annoying gay would go to Andy Cohen.

I'm still waiting on a bunch of young men coming forward with accusations against him.

by Anonymousreply 54August 5, 2018 7:13 PM

R28 have you never heard of Andy Cohen?

by Anonymousreply 55August 5, 2018 7:18 PM

Wouldn't that be illegal for Beyonce to do that?

by Anonymousreply 56August 5, 2018 7:19 PM

Does no one here remember when NSync was the biggest thing in the world and toured endlessly? They renegotiated their bad contract with Perlman right before their biggest record and tour. They refused to get off the couch unless they got paid. And they did.

Lance is filthy fucking rich. JC is filthy fucking rich. So is the ugly one and the other one. Timberlake, too.

NSync is filthy fucking rich.

by Anonymousreply 57August 5, 2018 7:19 PM

N'Sync hasn't been around since 2002. It's not impossible to think that any money made since then has been spent.

by Anonymousreply 58August 5, 2018 7:23 PM

It's not impossible to think anything. It's certainly possible to be wrong about anything or everything.

by Anonymousreply 59August 5, 2018 7:52 PM

Lance is a stunt queen who wants everyone to think that he's far wealthier than he really is. Do you remember when he told the media that he was buying a ticket on the first private rocket launch into outer space? A ticket was priced at several million at the time. It was all a publicity stunt by him, because he never had that kind of money.

I think he does it to get hot guys to fuck him. Reichen dropped him like a hot potato when he found out he was broke.

by Anonymousreply 60August 5, 2018 7:58 PM

Did Lance ever fuck power bottom JT?

by Anonymousreply 61August 5, 2018 8:00 PM

[quote]Lance is filthy fucking rich.

Sure, Lance.

by Anonymousreply 62August 5, 2018 8:23 PM

[quote]The star reportedly has plans on converting the inside of the house to a duplicate for the TV show, which will no doubt be chronicled for an upcoming reality show project.

I'm sure the neighbors would just be THRILLED about that prospect.

by Anonymousreply 63August 5, 2018 8:47 PM

At least in the rest of the Western world it is possible to retire when you have made 'just' 1 million euros or dollars; money works for itself, interest and compund interest, and all kinds of money makable with investing; sad that dl can't let something like this across, consume, consume, consume, work, work, work, and the world is going down, the right answer to environemntal destruction; they must have made many millions of dollars, it's possible to save money.

by Anonymousreply 64August 5, 2018 9:03 PM

There are no rules in real estate. I won the “best and final” bidding for my house only to be told there was a new bidder the next day. Outbid them, too.

by Anonymousreply 65August 5, 2018 9:09 PM

How funny. The two Brady Bunch movies are on today. The sequel is almost over.

by Anonymousreply 66August 5, 2018 9:13 PM

R66: I learned an invaluable lesson while living in Boulder, CO. Whether competing with more talented children in pageants or with more wealthy families in real estate, accidents happen . . .

by Anonymousreply 67August 5, 2018 9:14 PM

[quote]There are no rules in real estate. I won the “best and final” bidding for my house only to be told there was a new bidder the next day. Outbid them, too.

I got my condo because it was a cash offer. No bank or appraisal hassles which may have delayed the sale even when there were higher offers. It's a low end condo which I joke that it's just a trailer without the wheels so it's nothing worth bragging about. However, sometimes it's not always about price. The people I bought the condo from was an older couple moving to Florida to be closer to relatives.

by Anonymousreply 68August 5, 2018 10:04 PM

Here's the update from Op's link.

[quote]He then explains, “This was a dream come true for me and I spent the night celebrating amongst friends, family, and fans alike. The next day, due to ‘unforeseen circumstances’ the same agent informed us that there’s another Corporate Buyer (Hollywood studio) who wants the house at any cost. We were prepared to go even higher but totally discouraged by the sellers agent, they will outperform any bid with unlimited resources.”

Don't understand this statement. It's just a house that exterior shots were taken for a tv show. Why would corporate buyer want it "at any cost".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 5, 2018 10:18 PM

Estimated Net Worth: $22 Million. Lance Bass also turned away from a career in music after leaving NSYNC, and instead turned to acting where he has done voice acting and starred in his own film along with Joey Fatone, On the Line. He also done some work in dancing and writing, and has stayed in the public eye as an advocator for LGBT rights after coming out as gay in 2006. After his December 2014 wedding was broadcasted by E! as the first same-sex wedding broadcast on a major TV network, the former singer is now the host of the reality TV show, Finding Prince Charming. He’s done quite well for himself. He’s currently worth a respectable $22!

by Anonymousreply 70August 6, 2018 2:08 AM

R70 Thanks again, Lance.

Those internet "estimated net worth" numbers are straight from publicists. They are bullshit. People are fools for repeating them.

And you "turned away from a career in music" because you can't sing.

And that last credit, "Finding Prince Charming" was years ago, and on a shoestring budget -- and got cancelled after one disastrous season.

by Anonymousreply 71August 6, 2018 3:35 AM

Obviously he was pre-approved for a $3 million house!

by Anonymousreply 72August 6, 2018 4:11 AM

He'll be eligible for a reverse mortgage in a few years.

by Anonymousreply 73August 6, 2018 5:31 AM

R13 = Chelsea Handler

by Anonymousreply 74August 6, 2018 5:34 AM

So hgtv got the house. Based on what happens to other homes that wind up as fodder for that network, this won't be good.

by Anonymousreply 75August 8, 2018 10:07 AM

R75 Oh, no. Hopefully they'll make a show around trying to recreate the set in the interior and restore the exterior to shots from the show. Otherwise, it will just be another shell with an open floor plan, filled with cream taupe, reclaimed barn doors and retro ranch signs.

by Anonymousreply 76August 8, 2018 10:48 AM

How does he have ANY money? He didn't do anything while in NSYNC, he didn't even have a proper "letter" in the group name.

Even Washington's wooden teeth had character, he did NOTHING for that group. Even Danny Pintauro had AIDS, he's done nothing.

by Anonymousreply 77August 8, 2018 11:15 AM

R70 is a parody post, right?

by Anonymousreply 78August 8, 2018 11:45 AM

I like Lance. Some bitches be haters.

by Anonymousreply 79August 8, 2018 12:03 PM

[quote] Don't understand this statement. It's just a house that exterior shots were taken for a tv show. Why would corporate buyer want it "at any cost".

For the same reason Lance Bass wants it. To turn the renovation/preservation of it into a reality show. I don't think Bass wanted to live in it. He just wanted to parlay the notoriety of owning the Brady Bunch house into another opportunity to make money. Don't shed any tears for him as long as he has that ridiculous haircut.

by Anonymousreply 80August 8, 2018 12:15 PM

When is Lance's solo album being released? I heard guest artists will be The Brady Bunch Kids.

by Anonymousreply 81August 8, 2018 2:55 PM

[quote]Estimated Net Worth: $22 Million

People with $22,000,000 don't take cheap gigs hosting shoe-string budget shows on LOGO.

by Anonymousreply 82August 8, 2018 3:05 PM

R70 The estimated net worth things are bullshit and usually put there by publicists to make a celebrity seem more successful than they really are.

Luis Miguel was toted to have a net worth of like 120 million to 200 million but the dude is fuckin closer to broke due to breaking a bunch of contracts and legal trouble. He had to start taking pictures with fans, which he doesn't like, and he agreed to a tv show about him.

by Anonymousreply 83August 8, 2018 9:39 PM

He was outbid and did not get the house.

by Anonymousreply 84August 8, 2018 9:49 PM

R82 someone desperarely trying to stay relevant does such a thing.

by Anonymousreply 85August 8, 2018 9:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!