Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lizzie Borden is LEZZIE Borden!

What say DL about this new take on the classic murder mystery?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 8, 2018 4:23 PM

Eewww!!!

by Anonymousreply 1August 3, 2018 11:19 PM

yessss!!

by Anonymousreply 2August 3, 2018 11:24 PM

Saw this movie at Sundance.

Excellent film and entirely plausible. If only the lesbian theory.

by Anonymousreply 3August 3, 2018 11:38 PM

Except the rumored lesbian affair was with an actress. She was likely gay, whatever the case.

by Anonymousreply 4August 3, 2018 11:40 PM

You don't say OP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2018 12:27 AM

Another K-Stew project that is bombing at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 6September 22, 2018 1:01 AM

This and the Lizzie Borden musical.

Is it really that stupidly based on the 'Lizzie=lezzie' phonetics? Because I find that tiresome. Extremely fucking tiresome. And I'm a lesbian who would definitely love more lesbian stories.

by Anonymousreply 7September 22, 2018 1:23 AM

My own story is ready for a phonetically inspired radical reboot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 22, 2018 1:33 AM

Chloe Sevigny. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 9September 22, 2018 1:35 AM

It's terrific historical fiction and quite plausible regarding the real murders.

by Anonymousreply 10September 22, 2018 3:37 AM

Her real name was Lesbian Borden. Her mother said, "With that name, she can only grow up to be a lesbian or a cow." How wrong she was. Her real mother was Lezzie's first victim.

by Anonymousreply 11September 22, 2018 10:29 AM

Lezzie Borden took an axe

And gave her ex girlfriend's Subaru forty whacks

When she saw what she had done,

she gave her ex girlfriend's fleece lined Crocs, forty-one

by Anonymousreply 12September 22, 2018 10:43 AM

Hard to imagine Sevigny in this role, she projects a very modern attitude.

by Anonymousreply 13September 22, 2018 11:54 AM

R12 made me choke on my coffee. Thanks, bitch.

I’d watch this. Oh, and as to the actual question by OP, I think it’s likely.

by Anonymousreply 14September 22, 2018 12:44 PM

Saw it yesterday. Beautifully shot but rather ponderous. They alter facts like leaving out the fact the entire household had been food poisoned the day prior to the murders but it's rather plausible. At the the time of the murders, there were whisperings of the father possibly molesting Lizzie but that is not depicted in this film. It does seem odd that the housemaid hasn't played a bigger part in the folklore around the story. Acting is good and Chloe has a very ego-less cold approach to the role that is pretty effective against Kristen's more vulnerable characterization.

by Anonymousreply 15September 22, 2018 1:07 PM

Is former it girl Chloe at least 60 years old now?

by Anonymousreply 16September 22, 2018 1:11 PM

Looks good!

by Anonymousreply 17September 22, 2018 1:13 PM

Let's review the case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 22, 2018 3:31 PM

Lizzie is currently showing in just 12 theaters after only a month of being released.

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2018 12:14 PM

I like when Lizzie told the cop, "I hate this blue dress, it has a stain on it, constible will you light the stove, so I can burn it."

And he did.

by Anonymousreply 20October 18, 2018 2:23 PM

Gay people as murderers. How novel. Did she also try to recruit children?

by Anonymousreply 21October 18, 2018 2:39 PM

Not a new take, and long been suspected of her. Possibly her father rewrote his will in favor of her stepmother as punishment for her "unnatural" disinterest in men or marriage. Something was wrong in that house but we'll never know because those in the know (i.e., her sister) never broke their silence.

by Anonymousreply 22October 18, 2018 2:52 PM

Looks like shit.

by Anonymousreply 23October 19, 2018 12:30 AM

I lived in the sister city of Fall River, New Bedford, and aside from being the OJ Simpson trial of 1892, where feminists rallied around her. The Bordens lived in the Highlands section of Fall River...a section that was in the upper hilly section away from the factories of Fall River. Her Banker father was difficult and frequently made the family eat questionable meat (on the verge of spoiling). It's really all Fall River has to offer or live on.

by Anonymousreply 24October 19, 2018 1:52 AM

She went all over Fall River lickety split. Smelled like old fish too

by Anonymousreply 25October 19, 2018 2:06 AM

its so cliche to make this violent murdering bitch a lesbian. Is it rooted in any truth? At any rate, why is a ho, born to wealth and privilege, who viciously murdered her parents, being lionized.

by Anonymousreply 26October 19, 2018 2:07 AM

They haven't updated the movie's box office information in almost two weeks. Is it already out of the theaters?

by Anonymousreply 27November 8, 2018 3:58 PM

What R22 said.

I never understood how or why her sister never spoke out against her or stayed in that house for years after with her. I guess she knew Lizzie had settled her score and they had the money (after they greased her step-moms family.)

by Anonymousreply 28November 8, 2018 4:19 PM

I liked this film. I suddenly can’t remember exactly how it ended, though...which is a bad sign (for both the film and me!)

Good films build to a strong conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 29November 8, 2018 4:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!