Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Please explain the Cesar dog food commercial

A guy dressed as a pilot is alone on the top floor of an office building, taking his dinner break like he might be a night watchman. He feeds his dog Cesar, then eats an open-faced sandwich himself.

Is he a pilot? A watchman? Why is he in a conference room alone? Why is his dog at work?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 3, 2018 2:58 AM

What are the words to the commercial?

by Anonymousreply 1August 3, 2018 12:54 AM

I don't know but that dog is super cute

by Anonymousreply 2August 3, 2018 12:54 AM

He's Lou the stew, & that's his emotional support animal.

by Anonymousreply 3August 3, 2018 12:55 AM

They're French and it's pronounced sa-Zar

by Anonymousreply 4August 3, 2018 12:56 AM

Yep, he's a watchman/security guard. He has his dog with him to prevent himself from dying of boredom.

by Anonymousreply 5August 3, 2018 12:58 AM

My dog looks exactly like that. My mother calls when the commercial is on and asks me to make him bark. Everybody loves my puppy!

by Anonymousreply 6August 3, 2018 1:07 AM

The costume is a bit confusing. Do security guards usually have epaulets?

He looks like he works in a museum night shift. Which is creepy. Hence the dog.

by Anonymousreply 7August 3, 2018 1:09 AM

My neighbor works 2 jobs, his regular day job and is a security guard at night. He is allowed to bring his dog to work, he says he would never see him otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 8August 3, 2018 1:10 AM

I love Westies.

by Anonymousreply 9August 3, 2018 1:11 AM

The commercial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 3, 2018 1:17 AM

OP, you are right. That is a very confusing commercial. But there's almost no words, the music is not annoying and the dog is cute. As far as commercials go, it's about as good as you can get.

by Anonymousreply 11August 3, 2018 1:19 AM

That commercial is not confusing. It's obvious a security guard playing around with his dog. Then, they have their dinner for the night. Super cute dog and entertaining commercial.

by Anonymousreply 12August 3, 2018 1:31 AM

Thanks, r10. I'd never seen the full commercial, which now makes sense in the longer context — just the 10-second version on Hulu, which is just the final bit of them eating together.

by Anonymousreply 13August 3, 2018 1:37 AM

It's a French ad. Been playing on French TV for years.

by Anonymousreply 14August 3, 2018 1:49 AM

Fun fact: The background music was composed by Eric Satie. It’s a lovely little waltz called “Je te veux”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 3, 2018 1:57 AM

Aww...love that dog.

I need to get a dog.

by Anonymousreply 16August 3, 2018 2:16 AM

In the sequel, will they trade dinners?

by Anonymousreply 17August 3, 2018 2:29 AM

That guy looks more like the doctor on the Love Boat. Who's ever seen a security guard who looks like that!

by Anonymousreply 18August 3, 2018 2:32 AM

Doc Bricker!

by Anonymousreply 19August 3, 2018 2:38 AM

It's art. You wouldn't understand it, OP.

by Anonymousreply 20August 3, 2018 2:43 AM

I thought it was made to vaguely suggest a Commissionaires uniforms.

They are a private security firm that recruit mostly ex-military and law enforcement personnel in Canada. Often working in government buildings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 3, 2018 2:56 AM

I rest my case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 3, 2018 2:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!