Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Obama & Biden reunite for lunch at a DC bakery

Discuss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 6, 2018 12:49 PM

I miss them.

by Anonymousreply 1July 30, 2018 10:59 PM

Here's a crazy question: Could a Obama be the vice-president of Biden if he were to run for president?

by Anonymousreply 2July 30, 2018 11:09 PM

^^ another crazy question. After you've been President for two terms can you take 4 years off and run for President again? I'm guessing no. And yes I think Obama could be VP.

by Anonymousreply 3July 30, 2018 11:16 PM

they are the coolest ever!!

this could NOT be uttered about ANY one in the WH now.......

by Anonymousreply 4July 30, 2018 11:24 PM

Obama needs to be on the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 5July 30, 2018 11:26 PM

Ugh how does Obama keep getting more sexy as he ages???

by Anonymousreply 6July 30, 2018 11:28 PM

[quote]After you've been President for two terms can you take 4 years off and run for President again? I'm guessing no.

No, you can't serve for President for longer than a total of 2 terms.

by Anonymousreply 7July 30, 2018 11:30 PM

I agree. We need him on the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 8July 30, 2018 11:35 PM

Daddy and daddy, please come back’. I really miss them.

by Anonymousreply 9July 30, 2018 11:36 PM

Obama cant run again even with 4 years off. However, he could be Vice President if someone like Joe Biden wanted him as a running mate.

by Anonymousreply 10July 30, 2018 11:40 PM

[quote]he could be Vice President if someone like Joe Biden wanted him as a running mate.

There are mixed thoughts about this from constitutional experts. I don't think it's that simple. The point is moot anyway, Obama would never agree (or want) to be Vice President.

by Anonymousreply 11July 30, 2018 11:42 PM

I also agree, Obama needs to be on the Supreme Court. But unlikely unless Dems win in 3 years and kicks Trump out with a progressive brave enough to do so.

by Anonymousreply 12July 30, 2018 11:42 PM

FF R13

by Anonymousreply 14July 30, 2018 11:53 PM

Yep, FF the asshole. Not just because he doesn't know how to use quotation marks.

by Anonymousreply 15July 30, 2018 11:54 PM

R14, I live in reality unlike the echo chamber dream world you and other trolls posting in this thread do.

by Anonymousreply 16July 30, 2018 11:55 PM

In what "reality" does Obama have a "wife"?

by Anonymousreply 17July 30, 2018 11:58 PM

I think to be vice president you have to be eligible to be president (well duh!), and Obama has already served 2 full terms so he's ineligible even for vice president.

But like someone else said above, he would never take it anway.

by Anonymousreply 18July 30, 2018 11:58 PM

Obama pretends to be such a nice and charismatic guy yet he's responsible for the death of thousands of people and stole away your rights and privacy by continuing the NDAA, Patriot Act, etc., sucked Monsanto's dick, Obama's bought and paid for corrupt ass let GMOs be let free unchecked into the wild!) and authorized the use of drones, among other treasonous acts.

"To conquer a nation, first disarm it's citizens" -Adolf Hitler

"If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed" -Adolf Hitler

"As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation" -Adolf Hitler?

Hitler sounds a lot like Obama.

Obama was the most useless and unprofessional president we have ever had. He either did nothing, and just went around the world apologizing, or he changed things and made them 1,000X worse in the case of how he continued the NDAA, Patriot Act, got us into lots of wars we do not need to be in, helped fund and arm IS, and sucked Monsanto's cock.

by Anonymousreply 19July 31, 2018 12:04 AM

[quote] Obama was the most useless and unprofessional president we have ever had.

You are completely out of your fucking mind.

by Anonymousreply 20July 31, 2018 12:05 AM

r19, is just a Deplorable who is losing their mind.

Not much of a loss, frankly.

by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2018 12:10 AM

I want Biden inside me, deeply.

by Anonymousreply 22July 31, 2018 12:11 AM

Please return.

by Anonymousreply 23July 31, 2018 12:15 AM

I wish they would include Hillary, a lot of animosity towards her comes from those two not supporting her after she lost ... due to problems that these two failed to fix.

by Anonymousreply 24July 31, 2018 12:26 AM

Trump would tweet they were colluding, r24.

by Anonymousreply 25July 31, 2018 12:29 AM

Why would they include Hillary? I never got the impression either one of them were really ever friendly with her beyond what they had to do to work together, and both of them did blame her for her own election loss (and rightly so).

by Anonymousreply 26July 31, 2018 12:30 AM

[quote]Trump would tweet they were colluding, [R24].

Well fuck Tяump, what the democrats urgently need now is to demonstrate is unity, and that includes supporting the candidate who lost unfairly.

by Anonymousreply 27July 31, 2018 12:34 AM

*to demonstrate unity

by Anonymousreply 28July 31, 2018 12:37 AM

Hillary doesn’t live in the DC area, and it’s not like she will get on a plane just to grab a snack with the boys.

It would be nice to see all three of them together, but you have to take into consideration that Barack and Joe are neighbors and it makes sense for them to meet up.

by Anonymousreply 29July 31, 2018 12:43 AM

Nice try R21, I voted for Jill Stein as she was better than either Trump or that cunt Hillary.

Also, R20, everything I posted is true, do your own research.

by Anonymousreply 30July 31, 2018 12:52 AM

Would love to see Obama on the Supreme Court. He'd be just like Taft in that regard. But even better, since Taft only served one term as president.

by Anonymousreply 31July 31, 2018 12:53 AM

We knew we had it good with those two gentlemen around, but not just how good.

by Anonymousreply 32July 31, 2018 12:55 AM

R30, you and your vote caused the apocalypse we are experiencing. And comparing Obama to Hitler is ludicrous and ridiculously offensive.

I say again, you are out of your fucking mind.

by Anonymousreply 33July 31, 2018 12:55 AM

Thanks for revealing you are using two different devices to post, R13/R16.

by Anonymousreply 34July 31, 2018 1:00 AM

[quote]both of them did blame her for her own election loss (and rightly so).

^ BernorBuster still doesn't believe in Russian collusion.

by Anonymousreply 35July 31, 2018 1:01 AM

Trump and Pence will be lunching together in a few years. Hopefully in a prison cafeteria.

by Anonymousreply 36July 31, 2018 1:05 AM

"We knew we had it good with those two gentlemen around, but not just how good."

The 1%, who's share of the pie grew larger under Obama than any other President.

by Anonymousreply 37July 31, 2018 1:06 AM

[quote] The 1%, who's share of the pie grew larger under Obama than any other President.

Right. And of course that was all his fault somehow. Because...MAGA...or Jill Stein!...or Bernie Forever!

by Anonymousreply 38July 31, 2018 1:11 AM

R30, fuck you on toast.

by Anonymousreply 39July 31, 2018 1:14 AM

When was the last time that you saw a former President and Vice-President sitting together in a casual, social setting AFTER their terms of office? Answer: Probably never.

It just shows that these two guys had a genuine friendship, and they're both very decent people.

by Anonymousreply 40July 31, 2018 1:15 AM

Not only would I love to see Barack on the Supreme Court but I’d love to see Michelle there too.

by Anonymousreply 41July 31, 2018 1:20 AM

This means Joe has decided to challenge Trump in 2020. Biden regretted not running in 2016. He was still grieving his cancer stricken son. But this outing is a signal he is running. He looks good too.

by Anonymousreply 42July 31, 2018 1:31 AM

I had the same thought, r42.

by Anonymousreply 43July 31, 2018 1:34 AM

Oh lord there’s a deplorable on the loose.

Good thing it’s been tagged and disabled.

by Anonymousreply 44July 31, 2018 1:37 AM

Yes, that's what I thought too, but he actually looks old and tired and I am not sure if he is the right guy and if he can be a formidable opponent to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 45July 31, 2018 1:50 AM

I love Elizabeth Warren, but wonder what her chances would be.

by Anonymousreply 46July 31, 2018 3:07 AM

[quotI wish they would include Hillary, a lot of animosity towards her comes from those two not supporting her after she lost ... due to problems that these two failed to fix.

Because this thread, really like everything ever, is all about her.

by Anonymousreply 47July 31, 2018 3:13 AM

Did Biden assault our Queen Hillary?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 31, 2018 3:29 AM

R30, is this the Jill Stein for whom you voted? The same Putin tool Jill Stein who is seated at this table with Michael Flynn and the other Putin tools — along with Vladimir Putin himself?

What a useful idiot you’ve proven to be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 31, 2018 3:31 AM

Trump won't win in 2020. He won't have the luxury of Hillary as an opponent, and Independents who wanted to take a chance on him hate his guts now. It will be beautiful to watch him lose (although it'll be more beautiful to watch him resign rather than go to prison like the big pussy he is).

by Anonymousreply 50July 31, 2018 3:44 AM

[quote] He won't have the luxury of Hillary as an opponent

Sorry hon. Hillary is running again, even though she won't announce until late.

Watch how the favorites like Harris, Warren, Biden are quietly pushed aside to let our Queen take her rightful throne!!

by Anonymousreply 51July 31, 2018 3:49 AM

r51, hahaha, you're more funny than Eric Trump's face.

by Anonymousreply 52July 31, 2018 3:50 AM

[quote] Hillary is running again, even though she won't announce until late.

Fantastic.

We'll have three septuagenarians running for President in 2020.

What in the FUCK is wrong with this country? And when will the Baby Boomers just fucking GO AWAY???

I thought we'd be done with them by now, but those cunts will still be trying to run our government when they're 90!!

by Anonymousreply 53July 31, 2018 3:54 AM

I think there could be a co-president arrangement. Ford and Reagan seriously considered. I would love to see Obama in the White House again but someone new would be better. Please please Biden - give it a rest . ..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 31, 2018 3:56 AM

There is no WAY Hillary is running again. Besides the fact that she's tired from campaigning and just wants to spend time with her grandkids, she knows she would meet too much resistance from the Democratic Party (officials and voters). Nice try, though.

by Anonymousreply 55July 31, 2018 4:08 AM

[quote]I think to be vice president you have to be eligible to be president (well duh!), and Obama has already served 2 full terms so he's ineligible even for vice president.

Obama could serve as Vice Pres. There is nothing in the constitution preventing it. There is a loophole in the law.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 31, 2018 4:18 AM

Obama could serve as vp but he wouldn't be able to take the presidency if Biden became incapacitated. Anyway that's my take on it. The constitution is pretty clear that two terms is all you get. Interesting to think about anyway. ...

by Anonymousreply 57July 31, 2018 4:23 AM

The Twelfth Amendment to the United States Constitution states that "no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States."

by Anonymousreply 58July 31, 2018 4:25 AM

[quote]Trump won't win in 2020.

Not so fast.

Let's not make the mistake of underestimating Trump again.

We did that last time.

by Anonymousreply 59July 31, 2018 4:31 AM

[quote]you have to take into consideration that Barack and Joe are neighbors and it makes sense for them to meet up

Neighbors, hmm. Is that the new "roommates"?

by Anonymousreply 60July 31, 2018 4:45 AM

They reunited to solve a mystery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61July 31, 2018 4:48 AM

Without Hillary Clinton running in 2020 you will have to base your vote on something other than Hillary hate, R51. Just how will you manage...

by Anonymousreply 62July 31, 2018 5:20 AM

Barack ain't playin with that unbuttoned shirt❤️. I really like this friendship they have. They are missed, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 63July 31, 2018 5:35 AM

R50, I can't go to prison--I have bone spurs.

--DJT

by Anonymousreply 64July 31, 2018 6:09 AM

R42, There's still the issue of Biden's other son fucking his dead son's widow, with Joe and Jill's public approval.

by Anonymousreply 65July 31, 2018 6:16 AM

^^that's per the Old Testament, so no prob.

by Anonymousreply 66July 31, 2018 6:32 AM

The widow of Joe Biden’s late son Beau Biden has started a romantic relationship with Beau’s brother Hunter Biden, the former vice president’s younger son.

Hallie was devastated when her husband, Beau, died after suffering from brain cancer in May 2015. But she has since struck up a romance with Beau’s brother Hunter, 47, who has separated from his wife, Kathleen. We’re told Hallie and Hunter are now officially a couple.

The astonishing family drama caps a difficult period for the Bidens following the death of Beau at age 46. The former vice president cited the death of his elder son as one of the reasons he decided in October 2015 against running for president.

Former Vice President Biden confirmed the relationship to Page Six and said that he and his wife, Dr. Jill Biden, have given their blessing to the couple.

He told us in an exclusive statement, “We are all lucky that Hunter and Hallie found each other as they were putting their lives together again after such sadness. They have mine and Jill’s full and complete support and we are happy for them.”

Hunter, a lawyer who has three daughters — called Naomi, Finnegan and Maisy — with estranged wife Kathleen, also told Page Six, “Hallie and I are incredibly lucky to have found the love and support we have for each other in such a difficult time, and that’s been obvious to the people who love us most. We’ve been so lucky to have family and friends who have supported us every step of the way.”

by Anonymousreply 67July 31, 2018 7:03 AM

Wasn't there also an issue with the son getting rich due to Daddy's government connections? I don't remember the details. Kind of like how the Bush sons enriched themselves via the family's "public service".

by Anonymousreply 68July 31, 2018 7:15 AM

[quote]Hillary doesn’t live in the DC area,

I know that the press only currently reports of her residing in Chappaqua and her visiting Chelsea in NYC but I am aware of no reports that she and Bill have sold their mansion in the embassy district of DC. Enlighten me.

by Anonymousreply 69July 31, 2018 7:31 AM

Joe would be 78--too old, apart from anything else.

by Anonymousreply 70July 31, 2018 7:34 AM

[quote] Hallie was devastated when her husband, Beau, died after suffering from brain cancer in May 2015. But she has since struck up a romance with Beau’s brother Hunter, 47, who has separated from his wife, Kathleen. We’re told Hallie and Hunter are now officially a couple.

Sounds so much like May of Teck, who was engaged to Victoria's grandson Prince Albert Victor, "Eddy" to the family, the heir apparent after his father Crown Prince Edward. Eddy died unexpectedly of influenza according to official reports and of syphilis according to rumors. He was also alleged to have been Jack the Ripper, though that's pretty silly. At any rate, after Eddy's death she immediately became betrothed to his younger brother George, the new heir to the throne. As Queen Mary, she was a Gorgon.

by Anonymousreply 71July 31, 2018 7:46 AM

I love the troll that pops up in every political thread INSISTING that Hillary Clinton will run for president again, even though it will NEVER EVER happen. I laugh every time.

by Anonymousreply 72July 31, 2018 7:49 AM

If Obama was VP and something happened to Biden, he couldn't be president, and that in itself probably means he couldn't be VP.

by Anonymousreply 73July 31, 2018 8:17 AM

All the Biden family talk about how great their daughter-in-law and son found each other is astonishingly tone deaf -- they're all but saying that they're glad their son fucked around on Kathleen, who is still the mother of their grandkids.

I know people really like Biden but I've always disliked him. He gives me the creeps. I really hope he doesn't run.

by Anonymousreply 74July 31, 2018 8:26 AM

If Hunter and Hallie married, he'd be stepfather and uncle to her kids. Talk about creepy.

by Anonymousreply 75July 31, 2018 9:31 AM

The Biden family situation is definitely a little odd right now.

But Trump & the Republicans have no business criticizing considering the sleazy state of Trump's extramarital affairs.

by Anonymousreply 76July 31, 2018 9:34 AM

I'm not comfortable with a POTUS who has undergone two brain surgeries, until I know who his VP is . . .

That happened five months after Biden quit the campaign. For several days, Biden suffered neck pain, thinking it was merely the result of too much exercise in the Senate gym. But the pain became worse and Biden was hospitalized after a doctor in Wilmington found an aneurysm, or sac formed by a weak spot, in the artery leading to the brain.

He was rushed to Walter Reed Hospital here, where he underwent eight hours of emergency surgery to correct the aneurysm, which was already leaking and could have caused death had it burst.

Later surgery was scheduled to remove a second aneurysm, but Biden in the meantime developed a blood clot in his lung while he lay in the hospital recovering from the first operation. He returned to surgery for insertion of a filter in his artery to block the clot. Finally, on May 3, he had an operation for the second aneurysm and his recuperation began.

by Anonymousreply 77July 31, 2018 9:40 AM

In case you’d forgotten about it, and just to brighten your day, here’s that picture of young Joe Biden that set the internet on fire when it was found a couple years back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 31, 2018 9:57 AM

“give the boss one of those” love it!

by Anonymousreply 79July 31, 2018 2:36 PM

Hot young Joe with a bottle in a paper sack!

by Anonymousreply 80July 31, 2018 6:44 PM

Biden's birthday wishes to Obama:

Our lunches together were a highlight of every week at the White House. Last week's trip to @DogTagBakery was no different. Happy birthday to my brother, my friend, @BarackObama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 6, 2018 2:26 AM

DLers are nothing if not predictable.

I saw the thread title and thought "this is going to devolve into a Hillary loving/bashing thread"

I wonder if she reads DL, as it's the only place that's not Fox, Alex J or Bright Bart that spends so much time discussing her.

by Anonymousreply 82August 6, 2018 2:48 AM

At this point though are they bashing Hillary or bashing her fangurls who can't let it go? Maybe that should the premise for Murphy's next Feud.

by Anonymousreply 83August 6, 2018 12:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!