Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dan Butler

It's so impressive that he came out publicly in a one man show while he was at the height of his fame on Frasier. I'm just watching MANHUNTER and it occurred to me that Butler is the only actor who appears in both that and SILENCE OF THE LAMBS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 24, 2020 9:47 PM

[quote]while he was at the height of his fame on Frasier

He was so bad in it. No wonder he was restricted to one-liners. Even those were hard to understand because he garbled his lines.

by Anonymousreply 1July 30, 2018 6:06 PM

^^ Roz Doyle, she of the conveyor belt cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2July 30, 2018 6:21 PM

I liked his one man show "The Only Thing Worse You Could Have Told Me...." It's one of those shows that PBS should have filmed.

by Anonymousreply 3July 30, 2018 6:24 PM

Nope, Frankie Faison plays a cop in Manhunter and then Barney the Attendant in the other movies.

by Anonymousreply 4July 30, 2018 6:33 PM

He has/had a hot little body. I remember him in the original Off-Broadway production of LISBON TRAVIATA with Nathan Lane. He came in only wearing a towel and looked much like OP's photo.

by Anonymousreply 5July 30, 2018 6:39 PM

I also saw him in Lisbon Traviata but in SF. The only thing I remember other than Richard Thomas uttering the line, "You used to love to fuck my ass" was Dan Butler in nothing but a towel. Perfect little daddy body. Oh and Nathan Lane was incredible as Nathan Lane which a good thing before it became desperate. Your Friend, Brendan Gill

by Anonymousreply 6July 30, 2018 6:45 PM

Hairy daddy

by Anonymousreply 7July 30, 2018 6:54 PM

All this Daddy nonsense. He's a tiny elf. 5'5"

by Anonymousreply 8July 30, 2018 6:59 PM

Daddy has no height requirements.

by Anonymousreply 9July 30, 2018 7:01 PM

r4 That is fake news!!!!

by Anonymousreply 10July 30, 2018 7:10 PM

Hot daddy but I'm afraid to google to see what he looks like now

by Anonymousreply 11July 30, 2018 7:30 PM

He was great as a gay priest in Tracey Ullman’s Tracey Takes On.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 30, 2018 7:33 PM

I saw him in an off-Broadway show titled "The Irish Curse". He was the reason I traveled to the city for the play (oh I've had a thing for him for ages!) and he was terrific. The cast was excellent, but Dan's a really versatile actor. For me he's one of those men I know is gay and don't question his heterosexuality when playing a straight character, which is what was required in TIC.

by Anonymousreply 13July 30, 2018 7:40 PM

He was fun to watch earlier this year as Lenin in Stoppard's TRAVESTIES on B'way.

by Anonymousreply 14July 30, 2018 7:49 PM

It's too bad that Playgirl didn't do a nude layout of "Boys of Broadway" like Playboy did the nude layout of the women dancers. Dan would have made the cut.

by Anonymousreply 15July 30, 2018 7:56 PM

Looking cute in a 1992 episode of Columbo:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 30, 2018 8:19 PM

R16, what episode is that? Even as a huge Columbo fan, I didn't realize Dan was in one.

by Anonymousreply 17July 30, 2018 8:47 PM

loved the Tracey Ullman clip I really miss that show. she should reprise the Linda Granger and Ruby Romaine characters in a Broadway show. Her son is working as a writer for that fat schmuck James Corben.

by Anonymousreply 18July 30, 2018 8:49 PM

Tracey needs to do a special for HBO. I’d love to see Linda, Ruby and Fern Rosenthal again. Her BBC Show Tracey Breaks the News is terrific! Her HBO characters wouldn’t fit that format though since it’s a topical show.

I wouldn’t be surprised if George McGrath (actor and writer of the Takes On sketch) got Dan for the sketch.

by Anonymousreply 19July 30, 2018 10:40 PM

Dan was just in the revival of Stoppard's "Travesties'? man, that was definitely an A-list production, congratulations Dan!

The show "Frasier" really benefitted from having so many actors with extensive stage backgrounds. You can see it in how the scenes are filmed - very little editing, many scenes with multiple characters in one shot because they could deliver dialogue well, move and hit their mark for the director.

I've been told Dan and his partner have a place in Vermont... would love to see him naked in the woods... he's cute and a bit bear-ish these days.

by Anonymousreply 20July 30, 2018 11:14 PM

He always reminded me of Ed Harris

by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2018 2:29 AM

Do you think Dan's ass is as hairy as his chest? Oh I hope it's lightly covered in fur!

by Anonymousreply 22July 31, 2018 8:20 PM

So the Hall monitor does not scream

WE JUST HAD A THREAD ON THIS I will bump from 2018 so instead he can scream WHO IS BUMPING THESE OLD THREADS.

My question is did Dan Butler ever do a nude scene? He is such a hottie,even today in his 60's I think.

by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2020 1:32 PM

I was shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YOU, to hear he was gay. I thought he was adorable as Bulldog on Frasier...tight body, great face. I had a fierce crush on him!

by Anonymousreply 24November 24, 2020 1:40 PM

R24 Everyone on Frasier comes across as gay...my only shock is that Kelsey Grammer is not gay.

by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2020 1:45 PM

Never understood why Jackie turned him down on Roseanne.

by Anonymousreply 26November 24, 2020 1:54 PM

He’s a cutie.

by Anonymousreply 27November 24, 2020 1:55 PM

I really enjoyed him as Hoss in Bonanza.

by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2020 2:00 PM

R23 - most people did not believe that so many characters on Frasier were gay, particularly Bulldog and the father.

None of my straight friends would believe me.

by Anonymousreply 29November 24, 2020 2:01 PM

He played a Datalounger in the scene with the bitchy eldergays in the Netflix Tales of the City.

by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2020 2:13 PM

Boy the Irish can be cute when they are younger but they rarely age well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 24, 2020 2:27 PM

I would still fuck him R31

by Anonymousreply 32November 24, 2020 2:36 PM

I think he looks fine in that pic, R31. I mean what is he, 60, 65?

by Anonymousreply 33November 24, 2020 2:37 PM

I enjoyed my “guy-time” with Tom Paris in that STAR TREK: VOYAGER episode, [italics] Vis à Vis. [italics]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 24, 2020 3:26 PM

[quote]most people did not believe that so many characters on Frasier were gay, particularly Bulldog and the father.

That's because the CHARACTERS weren't gay, moron.

by Anonymousreply 35November 24, 2020 3:33 PM

Who was he in Silence of the Lambs?

by Anonymousreply 36November 24, 2020 4:56 PM

One of the SWAT team in Memphis.

by Anonymousreply 37November 24, 2020 4:57 PM

A real journeyman character actor.

by Anonymousreply 38November 24, 2020 7:15 PM

R20 While I agree that the cast members on "Frasier" were all terrific actors, I can say for the record that they screwed up from time to time. I attended a taping of one episode in which Christine Baranski was a guest star. In one scene in Frasier's living room, a couple of the actors misspoke a few times and yelled "Fuck!" each time. Obviously, the audience loved seeing them break character. But that's why comedies like "Frasier" used multiple cameras and taped at least a couple versions of each episode. It made editing so much easier.

On the day I was an audience member, they taped once, broke for dinner and then taped the episode again. It was a real education. The living room was the main set and was center stage. Cafe Nervosa was a smaller set off to the right. And the broadcast studio was off to the left. I thought it was interesting that the production crew struck the entire cafe after a scene was taped there, but during the live taping next door in the living room. The crew was masterful at not making any sounds while the cast recorded nearby.

As for Dan Butler, I always had a crush on him. He's one of the few actors I can think of who looks great bald. And he obviously kept himself in shape for scenes where he was shirtless. I was disappointed when the producers utilized him much less in later seasons.

by Anonymousreply 39November 24, 2020 9:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!