Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Part 4: Dangling Tendrils, Ill-Fitting Gowns, Is It Time for a Style Intervention for New Royal Duchess Meghan?

Carry On!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 603July 23, 2018 12:32 PM

Wimbledon Awaits.

by Anonymousreply 1July 14, 2018 4:08 AM

All eyes on DoS sleek undergarments today!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 14, 2018 4:29 AM

God, she looks like shit in that grey dress.

by Anonymousreply 3July 14, 2018 5:43 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 14, 2018 12:00 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 14, 2018 12:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 14, 2018 12:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 14, 2018 12:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 14, 2018 12:42 PM

Another fashion... miss. Those trousers are so badly hemmed.

She's not a fashion disaster she just looks kind of sloppy. And it's not some fashion understanding from on high. Anyone would look at those and know the hem is not right.

And messy hair is nog right for her. She should stick with the tight buns and hair pulled back. She doesn't have beautiful thick hair like Kate.

by Anonymousreply 9July 14, 2018 12:46 PM

R8 Oh dear. She has no idea how to dress to different functions. She should have watched pictures or clips from Wimbledon. She would have learnt what to wear. Is she lazy busy or stupid?

by Anonymousreply 10July 14, 2018 12:49 PM

Of course she attends the premiere English tennis event wearing..American designer Ralph Lauren.

by Anonymousreply 11July 14, 2018 12:51 PM

Oh the TENDRILS! For fucks sake.

I don’t hate the striped shirt and trousers look. I’m a huge fan of a crisp menswear-style shirt on a pretty woman. But yet AGAIN, the pants badly needed tailoring.

She takes things that need perfect tailoring - white trousers, skintight dresses - and wears them heedlessly.

Being a petite woman, she should have done a shorter length on the trousers and worn some snappy shoes. Also, for the occasion, she should have had a blazer to make it a little less casual (sloppy). I see her carrying a hat, but didn’t see her wear it.

by Anonymousreply 12July 14, 2018 12:52 PM

And the HAIR.

Sorry, I think it’s disrespectful to deliberately look as though you’ve been dragged through several hedges. It’s not an Instagram “messy hair don’t care” phtoshoot. You’re representing the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 13July 14, 2018 12:56 PM

Has she worn any of that before? It would be a good indicator she's been reading the Mail. (And you know odds are high she's been reading the Mail.)

Dim Harry will egg her on - you and me against the world, all that bullshit - so I don't see any change in the spending spree until Prince Charles decides it is making him look bad. Either the Queen or Prince William will eventually have a discreet word with PoW. They're the only two with any sense.

by Anonymousreply 14July 14, 2018 12:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 14, 2018 1:05 PM

I have a hard time imagining Kate and Meagain having a lot of common ground. Kate is still a very middle class girl who has adapted very well to her role and surroundings. She seems to handle her wealth with ease but almost with a disregard for it. Seems to love her children, her husband, her side of the family and her privacy.

So imagine her with Meagain in private. The one thing I will give Meagain credit for since the marriage is that she has for the most part kept her political opinions to herself. But imagine Kate sitting around while Meagain bleats on in her self actualization and compassion babble.

(The Irish abortion thing was not her doing. The Royals express opinions, fleetingly, not infrequently in private - see the Queen on the bankrupt democracies at link, although I think she realizes she said more than she would prefer in front of a camera and then tries to soft pedal. But what Meagain said, in addition to being sensible, was Tweeted by someone else who then deleted. Everybody knows you don't repeat what you hear in private.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 14, 2018 1:12 PM

Well, that’s one pair of pants MM won’t be keeping to auction off later. The hems are going to be filthy from dragging on the ground. Who told her that was a good look?

by Anonymousreply 17July 14, 2018 1:23 PM

If I remember correctly, Reagan was starting exhibit signs of dementia in that clip, r16. Notice Nancy's extremely nervous shuffling.

by Anonymousreply 18July 14, 2018 1:24 PM

Kate is beautiful, educated and natural. What's not to love her? As for Meghan, well, she has a long way to learn how to dress and behave, she should stop seeking for the cameras, it's not elegant and she is not at a photocall anymore. Those trousers are too long, the correct length is up to the bottom of the heels. As they are cocktail trousers, she should wear them with a similar blouse or shirt, preferably of the same fabric. And the so called messy bun is a real mess and not at all suitable unless to be at home.

by Anonymousreply 19July 14, 2018 1:28 PM

The pant is way too long and dragging on the floor. The pant is for a tall person. I guess her stylist does not understand inseam length in pant depending on height. Meghan pant size will probably be a 30-31 inseam length due to her short height.

by Anonymousreply 20July 14, 2018 1:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 14, 2018 1:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 14, 2018 1:59 PM

Why does she look like a deer in the headlights....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 14, 2018 2:03 PM

...while Kate looks happy and radiant and very relaxed????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 14, 2018 2:04 PM

I'm surprised the pushy American didn't get in front.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 14, 2018 2:05 PM

Oh wait, she did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 14, 2018 2:05 PM

One woman dresses right for the occasion and the other does not. Enough said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 14, 2018 2:06 PM

Her hair is a mess again. She looks like she just rolled out of bed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 14, 2018 2:13 PM

Tendrils add just that right touch, whether you're at Wimbledon or .......the Royal Albert Hall with the Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 14, 2018 2:14 PM

She really digs the cosplay, doesn’t she?

The hair is a shanda, though. Honest to god, there was a homeless woman who roamed our neighborhood that had a messy bun just like MM’s. I don’t know any woman who’d attend an event with hair like that. Not even to run to the corner for a quart of milk. MAYBE the gym.

by Anonymousreply 30July 14, 2018 2:21 PM

That is exactly why MM's hairstyle is so practical and versatile, r30.

by Anonymousreply 31July 14, 2018 2:25 PM

Tendrils also reduce the glare from camera lights when entering formal royal events.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 14, 2018 2:29 PM

Side-eye from Princess Anne. Priceless shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 14, 2018 2:31 PM

That messy bun is great if you’re a social media influencer giving collagen smoothie recipies on your clean eating blog, but not for being a duchess. Girl needs to grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 34July 14, 2018 2:42 PM

Kate looks remarkable - she just had her 3rd child, and he was a very big baby. The dress is extremely flattering but she has lost the weight quite quickly. She has very good hair.

She does seem relaxed at these things and to enjoy interacting with people. William chose well and got lucky.

Megan looks better than I had expected, but the shirt is too big and the pants too long. Hair could have been far worse.

Hope they have a lovely outing and cheer Wiliams to victory!

by Anonymousreply 35July 14, 2018 3:08 PM

Kate chose a great dress for the event. Summery, cool, comfortable and appropriate.

Since she and her family love and play tennis, she has attended and become involved out of true interest and always seems to really love this event. I doubt Sparkle knows much about tennis, but has attended in the past because of Serena.

Sparkle's pants are so, so long that it is no longer a question of it being a mistake. They must have mirrors at Nottingham Cottage because no one would leave their house with those unless by design.

I doubt Kate, not long after giving birth, would have grabbed Sparkle if she tripped over those pants and fell on her ass.

Add to the fact that you can see that Sparkle chose the wrong blouse as well, because pictures show that she ended up rolling (!) up the blouse sleeves (and without much care).

Why she (Sparkle) finds it so difficult to dress simply for such an event is baffling. I've said before that I thought she should wear wide leg pants, but these are so big as to be ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 36July 14, 2018 4:11 PM

I don’t understand anything about Meghan’s Wimbledon outfit.

Too big, too casual, the shirt looks like a “boyfriend” shirt you wear around the house.

Why is she carrying a hat?

by Anonymousreply 37July 14, 2018 4:19 PM

I do like Kate's dress and her hair looks great but I really hate those "nude" shoes she wears all the time. Also, both she and Meghan look a fair bit older than their respective 36 years.

by Anonymousreply 38July 14, 2018 4:51 PM

Shirts too big, pants are too long. And then there's Kate who makes it all look effortless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 14, 2018 4:57 PM

Unflattering outfit. I would have thought that Wimbledon would be one of the easier events to dress for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 14, 2018 4:58 PM

Couldn't she get petite sizes for the pants and the shirt? Her white pants are dragging on the ground.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 14, 2018 5:02 PM

Oh, Nutmeg has spotted the camera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 14, 2018 5:03 PM

R23 and R24 are like a live-action [italic]Highlights[/italic] magazine.

Goofus mugs for every camera she sees because while daddy taught her to "always find her light," he never told her about breaking the fourth wall.

Gallant is secure in her place and doesn't resort to attention-seeking behavior.

by Anonymousreply 43July 14, 2018 5:03 PM

Talking to the people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 14, 2018 5:04 PM

Hi there, I see you again!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 14, 2018 5:06 PM

Oh what's in the bucket? Freebies? Count me in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 14, 2018 5:08 PM

So she carried that hat all day and never wore it?

by Anonymousreply 47July 14, 2018 5:08 PM

Back to wearing clothes several sizes too large. She looks like a ragamuffin here although I think the outfit would be fine if it were altered to fit.

She veers from wearing too tight clothes (the greeny-gray dress, the dark navy Dior) to too big (the toile bedspread, all the wrap coats before the wedding). Also looks like the royal hairdresser had the weekend off.

by Anonymousreply 48July 14, 2018 5:10 PM

Do you think she's bored? Do you think she's regretting it already? Watching her, doing these things, not being raised around it - or presumably a life with any kind of convention or formality - blundering into criticism for her clothes... do you suppose she's having second thoughts already? She's just not suited to this in my view.

by Anonymousreply 49July 14, 2018 5:12 PM

I wonder if she thinks looking sloppy makes her more "relatable?" Maybe she imagines fraus looking at her photos and thinking "Oh she looks just like I do when i'm rushing to finish grocery shopping and I'm going to be late picking up the kids from school! Clearly she's not so superficial as to be hung up on her appearance. She's really the People's Princess!" so they're not so bothered that the price tag for one outfit is in the thousands.

by Anonymousreply 50July 14, 2018 5:13 PM

Oh please, she's not having regrets. She's going to hang on for dear life to the best gig she'll ever get.

Reminds me of people who insist Melania is ready to walk out on Trump. Melania is all in because she knows she'd never have a chance to do things like meet the Queen otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 51July 14, 2018 5:16 PM

^ That theory isn't crazy. Because otherwise why would she so often look like she dressed in a strong wind?

by Anonymousreply 52July 14, 2018 5:16 PM

You could tell the pant is too big and long. It is dragging off her waist. A nice crop white pant would have been better.

by Anonymousreply 53July 14, 2018 5:19 PM

The challenge for MM is her legs, yes - her body type as a whole - but her legs are not her greatest asset putting it mildly. MM knew she would be photographed alongside Kate whose greatest asset ARE HER LEGS. So, MM had no option but to wear trousers or risk being further ridiculed or compared to Kate's shapely figure.

I just never expected MM to get it so wrong again. But she managed to show up in over-sized clothes, trousers looking more like a circus tent, with messy hair bun plus the now 'hilariously iconic' tendrils to boot. Did I mention she was wearing American designer Ralph Lauren? She kept making continual eye contact with the cameras - which she doesn't get that it just makes her look more contrived, an over-zealous social climbing outsider to the public. She doesn't even exude one ounce of sex appeal for all her efforts with the unbuttoned shirt and sloppy upturned collar.

On the other hand, Melania looks effortlessly groomed, nothing out of place, stylish and exudes sensuality through proper and suitable clothing choices and her calm, dignified and demure comportment. Talk about a story of contrasts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 14, 2018 5:27 PM

R54 - who the fuck cares about First Whore Melania? This thread is about Meghan. Keep on topic.

by Anonymousreply 55July 14, 2018 5:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 14, 2018 5:38 PM

Melania is an evil complicit piece of shit, but she's a good example of someone who gets her role and dresses accordingly. "I don't care do you?" fuckery aside, she transitioned well from gold-digging trophy wife to stylish FLOTUS with just the right hint of glam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 14, 2018 5:47 PM

Thanks for the advice, r55.

by Anonymousreply 58July 14, 2018 5:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 14, 2018 6:00 PM

"'Meghan Markle gets it wrong in £600 shirt that is too BIG for her alongside Kate Middleton.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 14, 2018 6:48 PM

She was trying to pop the collar and failed.

The cream color of her trousers didn’t go with the stark white of the stripes in the shirt.

I wonder what she had on her feet. We should have seen the toes of her shoes as she was walking, at the very least.

And the hat was quite random, especially since she didn’t even wear it.

by Anonymousreply 61July 14, 2018 7:03 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 14, 2018 7:20 PM

It should not be impossible to find clothes that fit, are appropriate and that are remotely flattering.

by Anonymousreply 63July 14, 2018 7:20 PM

According to this, Meg wore black stilettos. Maybe patent?

Kate looks really good, the pretty dress was a great choice. She will be attending again tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 14, 2018 7:27 PM

Kate's choices at Wimbledon over the years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 14, 2018 7:59 PM

Emma Watson also wore wide legged white trousers and a fedora to Wimbledon today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66July 14, 2018 8:05 PM

Can it really be that hard not to look a wrinkled, crumpled mess, especially in the mid-section? Kate does it AND she's had 3 babies in four years to boot!

by Anonymousreply 67July 14, 2018 8:14 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 14, 2018 9:07 PM

This is 'The baggy trousers look' MeAgain was aiming for - made famous by among others, Victoria Beckham, who is another non-curvey shortie. Makes me laugh when I see VB in her extra long trousers thinking how chic she looks. No, dear, you don't look chic - you look like you are short, trying desperately to look tall but in reality, it makes you look shorter.

Here's funny description of the VB long trouser look:

"...No it's the length of them that's the problem. What's happened to her feet? The pavement skimming pants make her look like she is on wheels—surely she knows someone in her fashion empire who can take up a hem at short notice?"'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 14, 2018 10:01 PM

MeAgain is trying to 'stand out', R10. She thought that bold striped shirt with 'sexy' upturned collar, super long trousers would mke us all gasp at her amazingly original non-conforming style. I'd say she's more clueless than anything else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 14, 2018 10:21 PM

That Wimbeldon outfit was a disaster for MM. No wonder Kate looked so happy. She knew that MM had flubbed.

MM needs a higher class stylist. Someone who has good taste, but knows the protocol and history. Her wardrobe during her engagement seemed much better. I get that she doesn't want to look dowdy, but she can look sophisticated and current.

by Anonymousreply 71July 14, 2018 10:31 PM

Diana actually was a Lady and came from a good family. Kate was a middle class girl who went to the right schools, whose family bought their way into the right neighborhoods and clubs, she learned how to behave.

Megan has no idea about anything. Harry married her for it, I can't imagine he's thrilled with her desperation to re-make herself into Kate 2.0 (as if).

by Anonymousreply 72July 14, 2018 10:33 PM

OT, I posted another link to another thread and found this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 14, 2018 10:53 PM

Princess Diana - impeccably groomed, stylish, and NOT fixated on cameras.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74July 14, 2018 11:08 PM

I think that bugs me most about her faux gamine schtick, she never stops looking for a camera. Have a little dignity for fucks sake.

by Anonymousreply 75July 14, 2018 11:14 PM

Harry's trousers on his day out. Bet MeAgain came home looking a close second with her grass-stained hems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76July 14, 2018 11:21 PM

Diana may not have been the sharpest tool in the shed intellectually but she was no fool when it came to PR. She never had to look for the cameras, she knew they were always on her and she learned how to dress properly long before she was 30.

by Anonymousreply 77July 14, 2018 11:23 PM

Valet and tailor needed. Please apply ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 78July 14, 2018 11:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79July 15, 2018 12:21 AM

Her Royal Highness Kate will laugh and smile and be the soul of perfect royal sister-in-law-hood to Sparkle right up until the moment Buckingham Palace announces Harry's separation from her.

by Anonymousreply 80July 15, 2018 12:28 AM

Would love to see some clever graphic artist transpose Kate into MeAgain's Wimbledon garb and vice versa. Would be hilarious to see!!!

by Anonymousreply 81July 15, 2018 12:28 AM

RALPH LAUREN SPRING-SUMMER 2018. MM would look have looked far better in this tailored suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 15, 2018 12:43 AM

Is it part of her job to promote British fashion?

She needs to find a few designers whose work flatters her or who will design for her. Kate does it with McQueen and Peckham. The photos of William at Wimbledon as a child with his mother are sweet. He will attend tomorrow, wonder if it is a bit bittersweet?

Kate had the background to transition into The Firm, and support from her mother and sister. Megan is kind of winging it with a lot of misses. Kate dresses the body she HAS. Megan needs to stop with the unbuttoned or too tight tops of things and too long bottoms. She needs to buy clothes that fit. The yellow dress was nice. No one wants to see your strapless bra outlined. She will get it.

by Anonymousreply 83July 15, 2018 12:51 AM

I like the baggy pants look but if you’re short you have to keep it in proportion. Slimmer legs to counterbalance the shorter distance.

by Anonymousreply 84July 15, 2018 12:51 AM

MM getting ready for her Australia trip in October. Fashion choice for arrival shot? Christian Dior Resort 2018 Collection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 15, 2018 1:00 AM

[quote]MM covered her legs knowing she couldn't compete with Kate's shapely legs.

[quote]I beg your pardon, but it's "pins': MM covered her legs knowing she couldn't compete with Kate's shapely pins..

Dear lord in heaven, girls! It's SLIM PINS:

[italic]1) Kirsten Dunst shows off her slim pins wearing chic summer dress for java run in Los Angeles.

2) Bridget Jones actress Renee Zellweger, 48, shows off her super slim pins in a pair of workout leggings as she rocks an athleisure ensemble

3) Caitlyn Jenner shows off her glossy locks and slim pins in a black miniskirt as she heads out for morning coffee

4) Miley Cyrus shows off her slim pins in tiny shorts as she skips Grammys in favour of running errands in Malibu.

5) Taylor Swift flaunts slim pins in a short trench jacket over an even shorter dress. [/italic]

And SHAPELY STEMS:

[italic]1) Kaley Cuoco showcases her bronzed shapely stems in tiny shorts as she heads to yoga class.

2) Beyonce loves to show off her shapely stems and she did just that when she wore a pair of daisy dukes on a night out with her hubby Jay-Z.

3) Daisy - who is an avid fan of boob-baring attire - had kept her pert chest concealed until the first show where she threw caution to the wind by choosing to not only show off her sizable cleavage but her shapely stems as well.

4) Seconds later, Simone was seen lowering her shapely stems to the ground, behind her head, emulating a horse-drawn plow.

5) Iskra worked a pair of frayed denim shorts that highlighted her shapely stems and teamed with a white swimsuit that highlighted her assets with its low plunging front. [/italic]

Got it?

by Anonymousreply 86July 15, 2018 1:10 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 15, 2018 1:20 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88July 15, 2018 1:24 AM

I bow down to R86. I will attempt to be best in the future.

R79

by Anonymousreply 89July 15, 2018 2:01 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90July 15, 2018 2:29 AM

R23 - er, is that a hint of a . . . moustache I see in those closeup photos you provided?!

God, the hair is just horrible. I like the outfit's concept, it's the execution that's bad. The shirt a size smaller the trousers hemmed, a slightly fitted blazer, the hair neatened up, and she'd have been fine.

by Anonymousreply 91July 15, 2018 3:06 AM

Hmm.... so different shirt, different pants, different hair, plus a jacket and presto-change-o, she's a Princess.

by Anonymousreply 92July 15, 2018 3:11 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 15, 2018 3:17 AM

Dangerous curves ahead! R89, our fresh-faced trendsetter, can always be counted on to Be Best™ in an eye-popping display of kindness whilst flaunting this season's must-have mum tum moulded to perfection by a daring wormlike compression tube in sought-after dirty mayonnaise. After R89's head-turning stun-show, the tube is sure to be the bane of high-street salesbottoms' summers as frenzied requests for the sold-out sausage casing keep rolling in!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94July 15, 2018 3:21 AM

R85 is a god among men.

by Anonymousreply 95July 15, 2018 3:21 AM

The BRF should just assign British designers to people marrying into the family. Make it a uniform— a job requirement.

by Anonymousreply 96July 15, 2018 3:30 AM

Along with a budget, r96.

by Anonymousreply 97July 15, 2018 3:34 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 15, 2018 4:02 AM

Meghan is trying to do what Luann is doing in this picture (I don't know if it will post). But it really only works on women who are already very tall. Another example is Ivanka trump, who can pull off these types of long clothes to their advantage. Short petite women look like fools when they try to do this. Which must be the reason Meghan is the only short woman who does this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99July 15, 2018 5:49 AM

‘My daughter is terrified’: Tearful Thomas Markle says. Well, she's doing some really great retail therapy if that's the case.

by Anonymousreply 100July 15, 2018 11:48 AM

How would Pa Clampett know if she’s terrified or not? Apparently she doesn’t call him so one of these statements must be false. She either told him or she doesn’t call, one or the other Pa.

by Anonymousreply 101July 15, 2018 11:59 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102July 15, 2018 12:00 PM

R101, he can see it in her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 103July 15, 2018 12:06 PM

r101, the article states that Pa Markle is talking about her expressions and the fear in her eyes in the zillion photographs that are published of his daughter every day.

by Anonymousreply 104July 15, 2018 12:06 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105July 15, 2018 12:09 PM

Doria doesn't speak to him, R105.

Sparkle needs to call the old man, to shut him up if for no other reason.

by Anonymousreply 106July 15, 2018 12:12 PM

If Thomas Markle hasn't been Smegs in a while, maybe he's mistaking her for Charlotte.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107July 15, 2018 12:18 PM

Per R105, I’m not a Markle fan, but I have a lot of sympathy for her on this. What a scummy thing to do to her. That kind of guilt trip emotional manipulation (and so public!) is awful.

If she’s a ghosting cunt of a user, it’s better to let her go, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 108July 15, 2018 12:21 PM

hasn't seen....duh.

by Anonymousreply 109July 15, 2018 12:23 PM

I thought the old man was sort of a sorry but benign figure but he's like that step sister: thrusting the knife with gusto, then pulling it back with a whine. Either he will not be ignored, Dan, or he'll shut up and maintain a dignified silence.

Flip side, assuming it is true, she is an idiot for not contacting him since the wedding. A little attention would soothe the baby.

by Anonymousreply 110July 15, 2018 12:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111July 15, 2018 12:30 PM

The sunny Cambridges arrive at Wimbledon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112July 15, 2018 12:40 PM

MeAgain is still wiping the grass stains out of her white trousers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 15, 2018 12:43 PM

Wait, you mean Wills and Kate aren't new and fun, with baggy clothes and messy hair while they're representing Her Majesty at Wimbledon? Huh. I can't imagine why.

by Anonymousreply 114July 15, 2018 1:03 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 15, 2018 1:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 15, 2018 1:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117July 15, 2018 2:29 PM

I'd swear they were all talking about the Baby Blimp and his hooker wife.

by Anonymousreply 118July 15, 2018 2:34 PM

R105 - oh come off it. I can't stand Sparkle, myself, but let's get real here: the DM is paying her father for clickbait, she doesn't look remotely terrified, she's fallen into the silver sty and loves it, and every time he opens his mouth he makes it less and less likely she'll ever speak to him again. For one thing, she doesn't need him any longer and he's given her the perfect excuse to ghost him for good. And so far, there isn't the slightest evidence that he had a heart attaci.

In fact, he's trying to do to Sparkle what she did to Harry: use publicity and press manipulation to box someone into a corner - he figures if refusing ever to see her father again makes her look bad enough, she'll come round because she has to to head off the bad PR.

by Anonymousreply 119July 15, 2018 2:38 PM

She can't call her dad. He'll sell the phone call to TMZ, the Sun and The Daily Mail tv. He'll either record it and sell it or tell the world every single word she said

With trash like that (whose getting a taste for tabloid money $$$), the best thing is to not have any contact

by Anonymousreply 120July 15, 2018 2:41 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121July 15, 2018 2:43 PM

R120 - I agree. In this case, I think Sparkle is taking the only possible and sensible route. It may not be the best look ever, but it's the least bad of her options. And if he dies without ever speaking to her again, I doubt she'll care much: ironically, that ruthless core she developed while clawing her way up will serve her well.

It will be interesting when the inevitable baby arrives to see only her mother again at the christening. Of course, that will also unleash a fresh onslaught of weeping grandfather's and step-aunts indignant at being erased from the child's history . . .

R119

by Anonymousreply 122July 15, 2018 2:46 PM

Kate looks flawless as usual. Interesting that she wore canary yellow so soon after MM’s banana dress disaster. Coincidence??

by Anonymousreply 123July 15, 2018 2:47 PM

There are no coincidences in royal fashion, R123.

by Anonymousreply 124July 15, 2018 2:50 PM

She is thinner and thinner... Disappearing... She should hurry up to get pregnant...

by Anonymousreply 125July 15, 2018 2:54 PM

Kate has worn yellow long before Nutmeg arrived on the scene.

by Anonymousreply 126July 15, 2018 2:54 PM

The last thing Kate would be seen in at Wimbledon is a gaudy striped boyfriend shirt with sleeves haphazardly rolled up.

by Anonymousreply 127July 15, 2018 2:54 PM

R126 - yes, Kate has worn yellow, and she looks in that dress the way Sparkle was hoping to look in hers: less like a box and more like an hourglass. But Kate has the body for that dress: tall, small-waisted, full-bosomed, with great legs. Sparkle didn't and instead looked like a banana.

by Anonymousreply 128July 15, 2018 3:01 PM

r125 = Surrogate patiently waiting.

by Anonymousreply 129July 15, 2018 3:02 PM

R129 - the BRF have never gone down the surrogate route so that scenario is highly doubtful.

by Anonymousreply 130July 15, 2018 3:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131July 15, 2018 3:06 PM

Meghan looks sloppy and not put together. She looked like she was also carrying too many stuffs. Why carry a hat if you won't wear it. Kate style was well put together and straight to the point.

by Anonymousreply 132July 15, 2018 3:26 PM

Is that Billie Jean King in R59s photo?

by Anonymousreply 133July 15, 2018 3:51 PM

I liked the shirt and pants get up but she always makes the same mistakes; doesn’t fit and wrong for the occasion. She doesn’t seem to know you can get clothes altered or what is suitable for the occasion - any occasion. The pants were too long and too wide for her short, boxy frame.

by Anonymousreply 134July 15, 2018 3:58 PM

Jeez, doesn't the palace offer her a fitter and a seamstress? I can't see her sitting in front of the telly hemming her own bloody trousers. I think the RF are really letting her down.

by Anonymousreply 135July 15, 2018 4:06 PM

Yes, r133.

by Anonymousreply 136July 15, 2018 4:09 PM

R134 - those were white silk trousers, too, and somewhere in the neighbourhood of $1500 - letting the hems drag on the grass was somewhat obscene, sort of, "Hey, I don't have to worry about cleaning these, my dresser does, and if the stains don't come out, no biggie. I can afford to bin these after one wearing."

by Anonymousreply 137July 15, 2018 4:10 PM

R135, it’s utterly baffling to me. There MUST be someone on staff who can hem a pair of trousers.

The simplest explanation is that she thinks she looks fine.

by Anonymousreply 138July 15, 2018 4:11 PM

It’s up to each individual member to arrange their own staff r136. If she looks like a badly tied sack of potatoes that’s her responsibility and nobody else’s.

by Anonymousreply 139July 15, 2018 4:12 PM

^^^meant r135.

by Anonymousreply 140July 15, 2018 4:13 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141July 15, 2018 4:15 PM

R130 - it would be the least good option, and carries a risk of the surrogate turning out to find the DM more lucrative than a single payment by the Sussexes, but if it's their DNA and she can't give Harry children any other way, as he's sixth in line and far from the Throne, they might break another precedent. It would ensure that the child remains in the line of succession, because adopted children can't. Viscountess Weymouth (the former Emma McQuiston, the Nigeriean oil tycoon's daughter), used a surrogate for her second child). But I still think Sparkle will be in the family way by the New Year. She's not post-menopausal, you know, just over 35. Women over 35 get pregnant all the time.

by Anonymousreply 142July 15, 2018 4:16 PM

R130 - Emma *McQuiston

by Anonymousreply 143July 15, 2018 4:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144July 15, 2018 4:29 PM

William's teeth are yellow.

by Anonymousreply 145July 15, 2018 4:37 PM

At least Wills doesn't have a snaggletooth smile, r145.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 15, 2018 4:40 PM

Those tendrils make her look like she was just face fucked by Harry.

by Anonymousreply 147July 15, 2018 4:41 PM

I didn't want to go there, r147, LOL!. But.....it's not a stretch imagining Va Va Voom Vegas Harry wanting it 24/7 just the way he likes it.

by Anonymousreply 148July 15, 2018 4:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149July 15, 2018 5:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150July 15, 2018 5:23 PM

I guess now we know why her family hates her so much.

by Anonymousreply 151July 15, 2018 5:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152July 15, 2018 5:28 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153July 15, 2018 5:36 PM

The thing is that Sparkle should have begun (she's not been at this long) with extremely simple styles.

She can't seem to understand that.

Looking at all the pictures from Wimbledon of how people were dressed, gives plenty of examples of appropriate wardrobe choices for that venue. Those pictures also show that Sparkle's choices were just so wrong.

by Anonymousreply 154July 15, 2018 5:48 PM

She's glowing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155July 15, 2018 7:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156July 15, 2018 8:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157July 15, 2018 8:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158July 15, 2018 8:21 PM

Brigitte Macron also obviously wears a wig.

by Anonymousreply 159July 15, 2018 8:41 PM

Great! She can give wig tips to Meghan down the road when her own hair starts falling out, r159.

by Anonymousreply 160July 15, 2018 8:48 PM

^ Laughed out loud!

by Anonymousreply 161July 15, 2018 8:51 PM

the christening photos are out... she's clinging to him in those too. And the furniture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162July 15, 2018 9:43 PM

The face of terror?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163July 15, 2018 10:06 PM

Lordy, Sparkle just never lets go of him, does she?

by Anonymousreply 164July 15, 2018 10:24 PM

What a dreary colour Sparkles chose to wear for a formal baby christening family portrait, r162. Sheesh!

by Anonymousreply 165July 15, 2018 10:43 PM

Makes me think that when Meghan's own christening photo takes place, she'll have only her mother, Harry, Charles, Camilla and Wills and Kate. No one else.

by Anonymousreply 166July 15, 2018 10:50 PM

Harry in that photo is probably thinking "what did I do since this chick won't stop grabbing my arm". She is clearly clingy and needy. Most men hate clingy chicks eventually to the extent they break up with them.

by Anonymousreply 167July 15, 2018 11:14 PM

That olive color ruins the entire photo. You know Kate wanted to kill her.

by Anonymousreply 168July 15, 2018 11:18 PM

[quote]She is clearly clingy and needy.

And he's rescuing her. Mommy issues, which you can't fault him for. She's either a mess like Ma or she's playing him like a violin.

by Anonymousreply 169July 15, 2018 11:19 PM

[quote]You know Kate wanted to kill her.

Living well is still the best revenge, darling.

by Anonymousreply 170July 15, 2018 11:20 PM

She really stands out in that photo and NOT in a good way. The focus is supposed to be the BABY, she just seems like a tool wrapped in cling. Harry was SO happy hanging with Kate and William. He did NOT choose well. I give it 5 years, tops. Is she going to continue to wear clothes that do not fit the whole time? Guess we shall see...

by Anonymousreply 171July 15, 2018 11:26 PM

I am pretty sure Meghan is dressing to please herself. I love that she continues to snub British designers in favor of American and French designers. She is not trying to be Kate so she is not going to her for fashion advice. The DM and other critics can talk all they want it does matter to her. I love that she is bucking at expectations.

Also she can call her father now as he cannot be trusted.He is only doing this bullshit in hopes the BRF will pay him off.

by Anonymousreply 172July 15, 2018 11:31 PM

She "cannot" call her father.....

by Anonymousreply 173July 15, 2018 11:31 PM

R172 - you remember what happened to Marie Antoinette for ignoring the plebs whilst living an extravagant life at their expense?

Just remember where Diana and Fergie are now.

by Anonymousreply 174July 15, 2018 11:46 PM

That Markle man is a blithering idiot. Insulting the hell out of the RF and then wondering why they won't take his calls?

by Anonymousreply 175July 15, 2018 11:47 PM

R168 - I don't doubt the purpose of the colour was to draw attention to herself, but It was Sparkle who came off looking bad. Kate looked so enraptured with her new baby she probably barely noticed Meghan or her Tippi Hedren autumn suit with matching leather gloves.

by Anonymousreply 176July 15, 2018 11:52 PM

I have my doubts whether tempermental Harry will have the patience to tough it out for 5 years, r171. If they have kids, then, yes, 5 or whatever years. It's not off to a good start 2 months in the marriage, so I'm thinking the Windsors may want to cut their losses sooner rather than later (reducing financial payout to her) and allow Harry to find a mate he can have kids with.

But who knows. Harry sold himself on this woman being able to 'hit the ground running' in a matter of months, and she turned out to be so sub-par in every aspect. This goes back to Harry's judgment. And level of desperation.

by Anonymousreply 177July 15, 2018 11:55 PM

She *may* be trying not to be Kate R172; but if yesterday at Wimbledon is any indication, she is veering headlong into Fergie Fashionista territory with the clown pants and monstrous nautical shirt combo.

by Anonymousreply 178July 16, 2018 12:01 AM

Surely the RF should have done a better job of vetting the Markles. Their behavior shouldn't have come as a complete surprise.

by Anonymousreply 179July 16, 2018 12:02 AM

What difference would it ha e made r179? I’m sure Harry, dim bulb that he is, would have sulked until he got his way no matter how bad it was. He was played and now he has to grin and bear it.

by Anonymousreply 180July 16, 2018 12:07 AM

Like a sore thumb. And Kate had the good grace to dress unobtrusively for MM’s big day and photos for posterity.

Well, what can you expect? She’s an actress.

by Anonymousreply 181July 16, 2018 12:14 AM

It has to gall Harry seeing Wills and Kate so deliriously happy - deepening his own despair at being stuck in this marriage and potentially publicly humiliated at its early demise.

by Anonymousreply 182July 16, 2018 12:14 AM

Some day Louis will look at that photo and ask “Who’s that lady, Mummy?”

by Anonymousreply 183July 16, 2018 12:15 AM

'Harry's old childhood nanny, son', r183.

by Anonymousreply 184July 16, 2018 12:16 AM

The tell tale signs of excessive controlling behaviour were there from the start at the wedding of Harry's friend last March.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185July 16, 2018 12:26 AM

Clinging from the beginning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186July 16, 2018 12:31 AM

R172, part of her job is promoting British fashion, she is literally part of UK monarchy. There is not a lot of herself in The Firm. She was not invited to Wimbeldon or Ireland as Megan Markle, but as a representative of the British Royal Family.

Regardless of whose clothes she wears, they should FIT, she is a pretty woman and extra fabric billowing around takes away from that. She is short and petite and can look stunning when she does not dress in clothes for much taller people with different body types.

by Anonymousreply 187July 16, 2018 12:31 AM

A slew of people got sacked in PR and Markle is still blathering. Who is left to fire now?

This whole thing is a mess. Why did they not pay these people off and have them sign NDAs? If the yachting BI is true, that cannot be a surprise either as that is said to be how he met her, no? Surely it can be contained better.

by Anonymousreply 188July 16, 2018 12:38 AM

What yachting BI?

by Anonymousreply 189July 16, 2018 12:53 AM

See CDAN website, r189.

by Anonymousreply 190July 16, 2018 12:54 AM

You can also see the blind item on AGC. Number 105.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191July 16, 2018 12:56 AM

'Using a person familiar to both people, a dossier of proof of the exploits of this former actress ALL of you know was delivered. Apparently there is a ransom attached that is upwards of eight figures. I have no doubts they will follow through on their threat to put it all on a pay per view website if their demands are not met. It is incredibly damning. It also is probably why things have been kind of frosty the past few days with the married couple.'

by Anonymousreply 192July 16, 2018 12:57 AM

whoops!

thx.

by Anonymousreply 193July 16, 2018 12:58 AM

How much does it cost to clothe these people? Meanwhile Harry is on twitter today asking for donations for the "Diana Foundation". This after spending 4 million pounds on renovations to their apartment at Kensignton Palace. We are all so stupid.

-- DM Comment

by Anonymousreply 194July 16, 2018 1:26 AM

It's kind of ironic...her bills are causing them problems and its all for expensive stuff she doesn't wear well.

by Anonymousreply 195July 16, 2018 1:28 AM

She is no longer representing herself when she makes pubic appearances like the one she made at Wimbledon yesterday. She is there representing the Queen. It is Megan's job - her J.O.B. - to promote British designers and all things British.

Ralph Lauren? Really? She couldn't find a baggy blue and white striped shirt and a pair of wide-legged, too long pants by a British designer?

by Anonymousreply 196July 16, 2018 1:34 AM

Her relatives are the problem. The clothes are a diversion and what the tabs go after all of them for.

We know she is not British but she should still promote British fashion as well as designers in the countries she visits, like whats her name wearing the Victoria Beckham dress, it is considered polite and it is expected.

Megs needs to embrace her size and shape and dress accordingly. What looks good on Kate will not work on her. She needs to wear clothes that fit and that are appropriate to the occasion. What she wore to watch tennis was fine, just too big and too long. A jacket would have been a nice addition. She needs to find what works for her.

by Anonymousreply 197July 16, 2018 1:38 AM

There has to be some way to let her know what we are all thinking. Ideas?

by Anonymousreply 198July 16, 2018 1:41 AM

She is trying soooo very hard for a royal fashion icon image a la Diana, but failing miserably. The Wimbledon outfit was her attempt at being fresh, fashionable and trendy; it's funny that she misses the mark so badly that people think she purposely is trying to look 'relateable', haha.

by Anonymousreply 199July 16, 2018 1:44 AM

Ralph Lauren, the brand, for Americans at least, markets itself based on a deeply romantic interpretation of the lifestyles of the upper classes in the U.K. and New England. MM thought that by wearing RL it would immediately brand her as upper class and distinguish her as upper class American. Her Ascot dress was also reminiscent of the Great Gatsby. Again, a very romanticized American view of the upper classes. She hasn't really bought into her role as promoting the British fashion industry whatsoever.

She's still in movieland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200July 16, 2018 1:47 AM

Harry - so very serious whenever he's with Mrs. Wales.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201July 16, 2018 2:20 AM

He's looking for Cressida or Chelsy.

by Anonymousreply 202July 16, 2018 2:27 AM

R200 - very astute observation re the Lauren brand and its romanticisation of the Gatsby era and the British aristocracy. You are right: she's in movieland and the more movieland it is, the less authentic she comes across.

R194 - it was William;s and Kate's apartment that was renovated with Sovereign Grant funds, although if H&M get one as well that needs "refurbishing", Sovereign Grant money will also be used, as KP is a "historic public building vested in the state".

R190, 191, 192 - I remain a sceptic on those BIs about the "dossier", the blackmail, the video. If they published them, they'd humiliate her and turn Kate into a virtual saint, but they'd also probably turn MM into a martyr to press intrusion. I doubt even the DM, with its knives out for MM from the get-go, would touch it with the proverbial pole.

The BRF would never pay blackmailers at that level (although they withdrew charges against Burrell when he threatened to make public certain things he knew about Diana), they know they'd never be safe.

And any blackmailer at that level would know MI6 would be after them.

by Anonymousreply 203July 16, 2018 2:31 AM

R198 - one of MM's most loyal defenders on Celebitchy stated in a post in one of Kaiser's columns on the joint Wimbledon outing that traditional royal reporters were starting to "bash" Meghan, and that, in this poster's opinion, there was more to this than mere comparisons between Kate's and MM's respective wardrobes.

I have no idea who "traditional royal reporters" are or what outlets they write for, so I'm unable to comment on what she said, but it's obvious that already the cost of MM's non-British wardrobe is festering among former supporters and something is "off" about MM's start in royal life.

by Anonymousreply 204July 16, 2018 2:38 AM

Well, Harry is not blameless in a lot of this.

Take the outfit for the christening. Given her fashion faux pas he could have asked what she intended to wear and nixed anything inappropriate.

He's the one with the power.

"You are not wearing that to my nephew's christening. Either change into something more suitable or I will tell them you are ill and cannot come. And I will make sure that you have no transportation to get there."

Unless she wanted to run down the street (like Rhoda running to her wedding) she'd be stuck.

by Anonymousreply 205July 16, 2018 2:46 AM

I made the Great Gatsby link when she appeared at Ascot but I thought she'd leave that fakery behind after that day.

When MM re-appeared at Wimbledon in her bold striped shirt - and yachting-inspired palazzo trousers, I knew right away this was a Ralph Lauren fashion tableau but was destined to fail miserably because most RL models are tall, athletic, aristocratic in bearing and this genre was not something MM was going to pull off as she had envisaged. And I haven't even gotten to her messy bun issue.

I am not going to comment on this BI issue - because who really knows. If true, we'll likely never know. But Harry's sourpuss expression these past few days suggests something is amiss, troubling him.

by Anonymousreply 206July 16, 2018 2:50 AM

If the BI is true, and the RF refuse to pay, what's to stop the person from just releasing it as a big FU?

by Anonymousreply 207July 16, 2018 2:58 AM

Don't buy into CDAN blinds just because you want them to be true. He makes up stories based on what he knows his readers will respond to. Same way Trump makes up shit to throw red meat at his base.

by Anonymousreply 208July 16, 2018 3:01 AM

Why is Harry so distracted and emotionally distanced? He looks troubled in nearly every photo - hardly any smiles and the balcony scene is where he tends to joke around the most but instead he appeared withdrawn, sullen and almost resentful as everyone around him was laughing and having a good time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209July 16, 2018 3:10 AM

R208 - absolutely agree. CDAN is completely untrustworthy and whilst no fan of MM's here, some of the stuff being assumed from a few photos of Harry is absurd.

What's to stop them from publishing as a big FU if the BRF refuse to pay?

Everything - a lifetime running from the BRF's deep pockets and MI6. And they'd have lost any leverage they had. The whole blackmail dossier thing makes no sense at all except to CDAN's gullibles.

by Anonymousreply 210July 16, 2018 3:20 AM

What I was shocked by is the other blind that says Kate knows all about surrogates!!!!!!!!

What!!!!!!!??????

by Anonymousreply 211July 16, 2018 3:28 AM

Don’t believe it r211, that is unadulterated bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 212July 16, 2018 3:40 AM

DM now quoting Pa Markle on his plans to visit Meghan in London:

"Revealing he had not spoken to Meghan since shortly after the wedding, he said: 'If I chose in a month, or couple of months, to go to En­g­land — I want to see my daughter. I’m thinking about it. 'It's sad that it's got to this point. I'm sorry it's come to this. 'Yes, some of it is my fault. But I've already made it clear that I'm paying for this for the rest of my life.'

The former lighting director said he would not 'make a fool' of himself on a visit to see his daughter but would stay in a hotel room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213July 16, 2018 3:40 AM

The christening pic looks like everyone coordinated outfits.... except for Sparkle.

Do you suppose they just didn’t include her in the plan? That would be pretty vicious.

But then why didn’t a Harry step in and guide her?

So confusing.

by Anonymousreply 214July 16, 2018 4:21 AM

[quote]MM thought that by wearing RL it would immediately brand her as upper class and distinguish her as upper class American.

Ummmm, no.

Sooo, in my defense, I was going for something super woke and totally Austrian to mark the end of NAIDOC week. This year's theme is [italic]Because of Her, We Can![/italic] And as you know, no one feminists as hard as I. (As hard as me??) Win!

So, yeah, it isn't my fault that evil Kate changed outfits at the last minute proving once and for all that she hates Aborigi.... — yeah, so I like reallllly don't want to get that word wrong with my October vacay on the horizon, but you know who I'm talking about — and El Toro Straight Islanders, and feminists. Like me! Go me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215July 16, 2018 4:29 AM

Gone off your meds, R215?

by Anonymousreply 216July 16, 2018 4:35 AM

Can't wait to see what kind of $$$ Meg racks up on her and Harry's trip to Australia and NZ in August. In 2 days in Ireland she racked up more than Kate does in a year of budget.

I'll stand by this. Meghan was a Z-list actress on a cable show shot in Toronto and no one wanted to dress her. She relied on Canadian brands and their freebies to look good. And she relatively did. They fit her well as she wasn't a royal and was just another local celeb. Now that she's a celebrity of the worldwide stage, she's taking advantage of brands like Prada, Chanel, Dior and more high end labels that never would have gone near her in the past.

Especially since her body shape is hard to fit. Wide shoulders, boxy waist and hips and birdlike muscle free legs.

Karl Lagerfeld praised Kate some years ago as having the perfect body to dress (in the same interview where he said Adele was awesome but too fat to dress). She's tall, slim, narrow hips and can fit into sample sizes. All of Kate's looks have been the most part spot-on and she always looks well-tailored. She has a tall, slim, healthy body that looks amazing in everything you put her in.

Would it kill Megs to wear a British brand? McQueen, McCartney, Beckham, Burburry, Packham, etc. She's got a lot of options and Meg wants the A-list designers worldwide she never got as a Z-list actress on Suits. For the very least she could have worn a British designer to the All ENGLAND Tennis Club. that is Wimbledon? Instead she wore horrid ill-fitting Ralph Lauren in a pattern than made her look like Kate's assistant and not a fellow Duchess. She could have worn a British designer to the RAF Centennery but wore head to toe Dior couture (which looked dumpy on her small body). And not ONE Irish designer in her first trip abroad there? Meghan is so tone deaf. She wants to be a fashion icon while looking like crap in clothes that don't fit her or colors that are wrong for the occasion. Imagine if she wore an Irish designer with a lighter color instead of the drab oatmeal Roland Mouret where her bra hund down near her waist and she carried a $5,400 Fendi bag.

by Anonymousreply 217July 16, 2018 5:54 AM

PS, where is Harry in all of this? He has looked miserable since their marriage but can he not reign in her spending habits? He's sixth in line to the throne and she's spending on wardrobes as if she might be Queen. His place in line yet insures he will never be King yet Meg seems to think she's The Firm's new fashion princess with spending $200K on ill-fitting foreign clothe in two months. s. Sack up Harry!!! Between her spending habits and glomming on to you and showing off her ring for the royal CHRISTENING...she is using you and an embarrassment. That photo will show her desperation...and bad fashion choices... for decades to come.

by Anonymousreply 218July 16, 2018 6:14 AM

Meg's Wimbledon outfit would have been fine if the pants weren't so goddamn long and billowy. The pants ruined the outfit. They looked ridiculous and just opened her up to more criticism. If the pants had fit and not made her look like a clown, no one would have said anything about the shirt.

Having said that, Meg should have checked with Kate to see if she should wear a dress, or were pants okay? "Hey Kate, are you wearing a dress? If so Meggy, don't wear pants. And even if she couldn't have asked Kate, how about just not wearing pants. Look at old photos...what did Kate, Diana, Sarah, Sophie, Anne, etc., wear in the past? Figure it out. Err on the side of caution until you find your way.

by Anonymousreply 219July 16, 2018 7:52 AM

R219 I'm no royal and even I would've guessed Kate wasn't going to wear pants, no call needed, Meagain knew she'd be the only one wearing pants. She wanted to stand out and she did. But in a bad way.

by Anonymousreply 220July 16, 2018 9:46 AM

Hate to see MeAgain's maternity wear. Bird legs, messy bun - Have a feeling Haz will be spending more time on the polo fields.

by Anonymousreply 221July 16, 2018 10:39 AM

She may go for the humanitarian-forward look of burqa r221. It does everything - covers the messy hair, hides the bad legs and makes her look like she cares about oppression n stuffs.

W&W r215, made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 222July 16, 2018 12:24 PM

When will you queens learn the difference between "reign" and "rein."

by Anonymousreply 223July 16, 2018 12:41 PM

R216 - I belive R215 was engaging in irony, which doesn't always travel well in print.

I got a larf out of it.

by Anonymousreply 224July 16, 2018 12:53 PM

No, I think she's smart to wear pants because--provided they are altered to fit her body and height--she looks good in them. Her legs are not her best feature. There's no reason not to wear pants to a sporting event.

by Anonymousreply 225July 16, 2018 12:57 PM

R213 - on, Pa Markle is playing hardball now, threatening to come to London, thus daring his daughter and son-in-law not to see him whilst he is there. The tabs would have a field day, "Meghan Refuses to Reconcile with Father who is Only a Few Streets Away!:

Hell, with the money he's made from talking to TMZ and the DM, he could put up a The Goring, a few streets away from Buck House.

Full disclosure: I have always wanted to spend a week at The Goring. Alas, absent a lottery jackpot win, it's unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 226July 16, 2018 12:58 PM

TMZ and the DM have probably put him up to this, and will front his expenses. This guy really has no judgment at all, and if he doesn't put a lid on his behavior he's likely to put a huge strain on that marriage for which no one at all will forgive him.

by Anonymousreply 227July 16, 2018 1:01 PM

R221 Oh I think all her maternity wear will be the opposite of what she's wearing now , tight fitting , you know , to show off her developing meal ticket .

by Anonymousreply 228July 16, 2018 1:03 PM

Presumably he needs money and since about 1990 or 2000, selling out your relations has been a really lucrative way to solve that problem.

by Anonymousreply 229July 16, 2018 1:04 PM

I don't believe this guy had a heart attack, and I don't believe he hasn't asked Meghan for money. I do think he has some screwy idea that he should be part of this "historical" event and must be permitted to take his rightful place in the Royal Family. Delusional.

by Anonymousreply 230July 16, 2018 1:11 PM

R230 - Agree, there is not the slightest evidence that he had a heart attack. He wasn't invited to walk MM down the aisle until about six weeks before the wedding or they would have announced it in February, when the made all the plans for the wedding public. She didn't want him there, that is clear, and Harry has never met his father-in-law, that is also clear, and his withdrawal was probably a huge relief. Pa Markle's little "buckaroo" jumped off that horse as soon as it became clear the horse wasn't a high enough calibre for the Royal Rodeo. Pa Markle is going to be the Bad Fairy left off the christening guest list till the end of the chapter, and isn't going to forget it or stop doing what he can to get compensation for the omission. And just wait till the real christening rolls around and only Doria Ragland appears in the photos. If they don't buy her family off before then, expect another slew of stories about how the poor grandfather is being kept from his own flesh and blood.

by Anonymousreply 231July 16, 2018 1:28 PM

Anyone else thinking this is a perfect look for pregnant Meghan at the next Ascot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232July 16, 2018 1:34 PM

It's clear that the Palace (and Meggy personally) are in a no-win situation. They can't give in to his threats and wheedling when he's insulted them and generally behaved badly, but I'm sure they don't want to wake up one morning and learn that the dude is braying outside the palace walls. I don't think they can successfully buy him off in any case. He'll always have his hand out for more, and the execrable half-siblings will be right alongside him.

Good job, Harry.

by Anonymousreply 233July 16, 2018 1:35 PM

[quote]Pa Markle's little "buckaroo" jumped off that horse as soon as it became clear the horse wasn't a high enough calibre for the Royal Rodeo.

The funny thing is the senior royals can handle meeting anybody. The Middletons are, or were, from time to time, guests at Balmoral etc. but for the most part it is something to be done, like meeting Trump. So she should have just brought him over for the wedding along with some of her respectable extended relations (there's an ex ambassador in there somewhere and her mother has sisters) and just created crowd enough to look like a good sport plagued by some problem relatives. We've all got them. It's relatable. She didn't need to create this headache.

I expect in due course, maybe soon, someone on staff will brief reporters on the Duchess' sad estrangement from her father, over his acceptance of money in exchange for media, so the official line will become that and it can just get copied and pasted into every story until he dies. At which point, 'the Duchess of Sussex will not attend, but will mourn privately. in 2018, the Duchess and her father were estranged, following a series of paid interviews given by Mr. Markle.'

by Anonymousreply 234July 16, 2018 1:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235July 16, 2018 2:51 PM

Lol ^^ Let’s send up a flare. Then she’ll find us.

by Anonymousreply 236July 16, 2018 3:14 PM

I thought some trust aide of the Queen's had been assigned to help Meagain learn the ropes. All she's learnt so far is how to hang herself.

by Anonymousreply 237July 16, 2018 3:41 PM

Yes, R224. The most ridiculous posts seem to be taken at face value these days.

I hope Bean's Dad doesn't keep us waiting too long with this threatened trip. I'm giddy at the photo-op possibilities, including but not limited to the shot of his sad face peering longingly through the gates at Kensington Palace. A single tear would be lovely.

It would also be a nice if the DM or Sun printed a giant "NOT WITHOUT MY DAUGHTER, YOUR MAJESTY!" t-shirt for him to wear outside Buckingham Palace. It will have to be shot like the one below to really drive home the David and Goliath theme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238July 16, 2018 4:06 PM

The writers will have to incorporate Pa Markle's trip in the next season. A loud, boisterous American visiting along the the lines of this Trump spoof.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239July 16, 2018 4:41 PM

I've been trying to reconcile the pre-wedding months silent Pa Markle with the current won't shut up Pa Markle.

by Anonymousreply 240July 16, 2018 5:06 PM

The person responsible for those eyebrows deserves a prize.

by Anonymousreply 241July 16, 2018 5:06 PM

LOL R238. You should have been a tabloid publisher.

by Anonymousreply 242July 16, 2018 5:48 PM

Why is Pa holding out on the questions everyone wants to know?

Has Meghan been married three times as rumored? If so, when was the first wedding, and who was the groom? Why did he raise Meghan after his divorce? One story was because of his money and connections, but there's also a rumor going around that Ma was in a cult or jail.

Why haven't the wayward siblings addressed these rumors? Maybe there's an agreement to stay silent about certain topics.

by Anonymousreply 243July 16, 2018 6:02 PM

I haven't heard any of those rumors. And I can't believe any of those idiot siblings would honor any kind of agreement if they thought spilling the tea would get them another 5 minutes of attention and/or a payout.

Does anyone else remember that in the run-up to the wedding the wheelchair sibling claimed to have been forced into an accident by papparazzi and to have been badly injured (Diana, anyone?). She displayed a photo of herself in a wheelchair in a hospital lobby, wearing street clothes and clutching her purse--clearly not in pain.

by Anonymousreply 244July 16, 2018 6:30 PM

R243, I’ve heard those rumors, too.

If Doria had been in jail, wouldn’t there be a record? It’s entirely possible that she was.

And I don’t know about marriage records, either, but I’d assume there would be.

by Anonymousreply 245July 17, 2018 12:59 AM

Here's the video of the interview referenced by the Fail articles posted above. Also, a treasure trove of new photos of young MeAgain.

[quote]The phone number I had been calling Meghan on is no longer picking up, and I don’t have an address for her. I can send something to the palace, but there is no guarantee it would get to her. I sent a text to my palace contact saying I would like to reach my daughter and got no reply.

[quote]Being shunned for the rest of my life? That’s not going to ­happen.

[quote]If I had a message for Harry, it's get over it. I'm your new father-in-law. My answer to the royal family is that, uh, I'm Meghan Markle's dad. We're just a family now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246July 17, 2018 1:00 AM

I'll drag them over here for those who can't be bothered clicking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247July 17, 2018 1:02 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248July 17, 2018 1:03 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249July 17, 2018 1:03 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250July 17, 2018 1:04 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251July 17, 2018 1:05 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252July 17, 2018 1:06 AM

Mr. Markle will not be IGNORED, Dan.

by Anonymousreply 253July 17, 2018 1:06 AM

I forgot to mention, Doria's dress at R250 looks a lot like MeAgain's Oscar de la Renta bedspread.

Saving the best for last:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254July 17, 2018 1:09 AM

Are there any new outfits for us to look at?

by Anonymousreply 255July 17, 2018 1:43 AM

She cannot speak to him now. They need to send someone to talk to him, quite bluntly, about his behavior and how it will further estrange him from his daughter if he does not shut the fuck up. Completely. Like a mute.

by Anonymousreply 256July 17, 2018 1:44 AM

He should take Wendy Williams' advice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257July 17, 2018 2:20 AM

Wow, that interview is something.

I would tell Prince Harry "To get over it".

I want to "be near" her child.

The strong-willed American added: “Being shunned for the rest of my life? "That’s not going to ­happen.”

by Anonymousreply 258July 17, 2018 2:31 AM

Or this part

[quote] He said: “I don’t care whether she’s p***** off at me — I want to see her.

[quote]"I just want to have a father-daughter relationship.

[quote]“I took care of my mother the last five years of her life.

[quote]"My daughter said to me she would take care of me in my declining years.

[quote]“I’m not talking about money — I’m talking about taking care of me.

[quote]"That’s important to me.”

by Anonymousreply 259July 17, 2018 2:33 AM

Another Christening photo has been released and the baby is awake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260July 17, 2018 2:56 AM

Again, this is where I’m Team Meghan. We don’t know what the deal is. The way he’s behaving now leads me to believe he’s a piece of shit who’s being manipulative.

Even if she is ghosting her perfectly loving and sweet father, and used him for what she could get, you STILL don’t do what he’s doing. I know all too well the sting of an ungrateful child, but that’s not how you handle that. And it doesn’t reflect well on him that he raised an ungrateful and dismissive and disloyal child, if that’s what he’s saying.

He’s 100% wrong.

by Anonymousreply 261July 17, 2018 3:01 AM

All this business with her father strikes me as more of the scam.

Would he be talking this way if her husband was not a member of the Royal Family?

Would he be insisting that he must meet her husband's grandmother if she was not the Queen?

Would he be insisting that she "take care of him"?

by Anonymousreply 262July 17, 2018 3:10 AM

I think he's completely in the wrong, and I agree with R256--the family had better send someone to straighten this guy out before things get any worse.

That is one cute baby.

by Anonymousreply 263July 17, 2018 3:10 AM

Jesus, now we have that hag Wendy Williams in the mix? Not good.

by Anonymousreply 264July 17, 2018 3:12 AM

No, r255. The Palace is giving us all a mini break from the sight of any MM horror frock disasters.

by Anonymousreply 265July 17, 2018 3:13 AM

I wonder if he's in command of his faculties. He's got cardiovascular issues. Heart disease can cause depression. Who knows what health conditions are underlying?

No doubt Meagain's marriage has given most the of underbelly relations a new sense of purpose in life. They've probably talked to each other more in the last six months than they have in the previous twenty years. They wind each other up. Is that really Pa Markle talking or the angry half sister in Florida?

Dim Harry made a very poor choice in a wife. She's not up to the job.

by Anonymousreply 266July 17, 2018 3:14 AM

To be fair, I'm not sure how Meghan could fix this. The Firm has got to take a hand.

Markle is not acting like a depressed man. He's acting like a delusional one, mouthing off on what the Queen should/shouldn't do and telling Harry to get over it. There are kinds of dementia that feature delusional behavior; maybe that's the problem. Whatever it is, someone needs to muzzle him....and the charming adult children as well.

by Anonymousreply 267July 17, 2018 3:19 AM

The adult children are likely the ones who are aware of any ailments he has, and any pressure points so to speak, and using that knowledge to wind him up and make him act out. I can imagine Samantha running a 24/7 smear campaign against Meghan at home, "Look at you Dad. I'd give you everything I had if I had anything to give. Do you hear from your little buckaroo much? I sure miss having a kid sister. Gee, isn't it cruel of her to cut us, her only family out, especially when you're so sick."

by Anonymousreply 268July 17, 2018 3:34 AM

Harry's second wife will be guaranteed to be another disaster on wheels, r266. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, leads a kind of aimless life apart from his Invictus Games activities and the Commonwealth Youth Rep granny threw his way. He plays polo, skis, attends pals' weddings, goes to royal variety shows on occasion and hunts, eats wild birds and animals.

His type is another moderately educated aristocrat, or royal who can slip into the role effortlessly and look and dress the part and is not clingy because she has self-confidence and a stable upbringing, family and an established network of like-minded royal friends. Probably European or another Brit and much younger than 36.

by Anonymousreply 269July 17, 2018 3:39 AM

[quote] The christening pic looks like everyone coordinated outfits.... except for Sparkle. Do you suppose they just didn’t include her in the plan? That would be pretty vicious.

You might be on to something. And to answer all the people who asked why Meg brought a hat to Wimbledon and didn't wear it, it's because hats aren't allowed to be work in the royal enclosure. Kate knew that. And instead of telling Meghan on the drive over there, she let her bring in the hat knowing that she would have to carry the hat around all day long. That Kate is such a cunt

by Anonymousreply 270July 17, 2018 3:51 AM

[quote] Mr. Markle will not be IGNORED, Dan.

The Royal Family may want to hide all the rabbits, the corgis and any and all other pets

It's just a suggestion, but what do I know?

by Anonymousreply 271July 17, 2018 4:13 AM

Ah, here we go with the sugar brigade's predictable refrain, every misstep by the guileless nigh 37 year old pseudo-starlet MUST be the result of Kate's jealous machinations, surely. And cue the inevitable Kate's an evil cunt. Well, hate to break it to you but 17 years OF placid domesticity and 3 kids+ means Kate is going NOWHERE. MM will be defining her history in this show as we speak, defiant proclamations of being modern, a feminist et humanitarian notwithstanding.

by Anonymousreply 272July 17, 2018 4:56 AM

Sure, Meg can't understand and follow rules but somehow it's Kate's fault.

by Anonymousreply 273July 17, 2018 5:11 AM

[quote]Dim Harry made a very poor choice in a wife. She's not up to the job.

R266. Sheesh. Give her a break. She's been "on the job" for two months. I'm well aware of her bad fashion choices and awkward hesitancy as she ventures out on royal duties, and I have watched with scrutiny too. But calling her a very poor choice in a wife is a bit excessive. This past year, I got a job in an entirely different industry. Do you have any idea how hard that is? It's very difficult, and she's doing it on the world stage--even worse, the DL stage. I'm now working in a high-tech, computer firm, which is a 360-degree turn from my previous career. There are times now when I still don't know what I'm doing. It's a very complicated subject matter. Was I a "very poor choice?" No, but I probably wasn't a great choice either. But my boss liked me and had faith. I am full of self-doubt and often times lack confidence. But I'm learning. I got a break in life that not many people get. While I was not "up to the job" for a while, I'm learning as I go. Maybe Megs is also going to learn as she goes.

Having said that, the pants Meg wore to Wimbledon were atrocious. She needs to pull it together. She looked ridiculous. But a poor choice in a wife? Maybe just a lousy faux fashionista who needs to learn and show better judgment.

by Anonymousreply 274July 17, 2018 5:26 AM

Meghan has the same problem than others famous men's wifes.

They're hyped to hell to look "worthy" of their husbands but it doesn't serve them.

Meghan was presented as the "famous and talented actress", the "great humanitarian", the woman at ease everywhere, so strong and competent in everything, the "next big fashion icon", etc.

No one can live that hype specially when you're just some pretty but mediocre actress who paid a PR firm for her humanitarian image and loves Haute Couture a bit too much.

It's biting her in the ass now.

by Anonymousreply 275July 17, 2018 5:37 AM

Her insecurity is also manifesting which means it was likely a very thin veneer all along. Wonder how much Harry is enjoying the puppy eye stares?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276July 17, 2018 5:58 AM

The only thing for which she's really competent is flattering male's ego.

And we know Harry needs his daily ego boost.

That's why she's so awkward with women, puppy eyes and flattery don't work with them.

by Anonymousreply 277July 17, 2018 6:02 AM

And those TENDRILS, at r276 on the Dublin walkabout. Aaaaack!

by Anonymousreply 278July 17, 2018 6:02 AM

More puppy eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279July 17, 2018 6:25 AM

You can't blame Kate for Meg's bad fashion choices. She's got her hands full with three kids under 5 and an infant. It's not her job to tell Meghan what to wear. I just am shocked that Meghan's royal "advisors" haven't told her wear more British brands. Bad enough she wore Dior to the RAF centennery, but wearing ultra American Ralph Lauren to Wimbledon....would it have killed her to finally wear a British designer? She hasn't except for Stella McCartney's wedding reception dress. Meanwhile Kate gets it and wears Jenny Packham to Wimbledon. BRF members put British designers first. Megs has done the opposite and gone for high end French and Italian houses.

The fact that Wendy Williams is involved in the Markle family scandal shows how low this has gone. Samantha is a fan and wants to tell her story.

by Anonymousreply 280July 17, 2018 8:06 AM

Wendy never liked Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 281July 17, 2018 8:10 AM

I get the feeling that no matter what anybody may tell her she thinks she knows better r280. Advisors may say buy British but the movie playing in her head has a tall, elegant ingenue descending a grand staircase in a sweeping Dior gown to awed stares of the people below.

by Anonymousreply 282July 17, 2018 11:21 AM

R274, get an emotional support dog. Your insecurity on the job is not analogous to Meagain Markle's blown ambition. But if it makes you feel better to conflate the two, enjoy crazy.

by Anonymousreply 283July 17, 2018 11:53 AM

R243, I read she married some guy at Northwestern, it was later annulled. Marriage/wedding one, making Harry, 3.

by Anonymousreply 284July 17, 2018 11:57 AM

Wendy Williams' involvement in this mess isn't all that surprising: trash finds its level.

by Anonymousreply 285July 17, 2018 12:32 PM

WHY did no one tell her she could not wear the hat in the Royal box? It makes sense, it would obstruct the view of others.

Hard to believe that someone said it could not be worn so she chose to carry it all day, but maybe? Wonder who ultimately DID say something? Maybe she ignores what people tell her, like with the too big shirt and the too long pants? Carrying the hat in that case would be silly, not some feminist act of rebellion. Weird, either way.

by Anonymousreply 286July 17, 2018 12:32 PM

The rules for dressing are on the website. If she didn’t want to carry the hat she could’ve gotten someone to take it back to the car. She chose to do this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287July 17, 2018 12:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288July 17, 2018 12:42 PM

[quote] You can't blame Kate for Meg's bad fashion choices. She's got her hands full with three kids under 5 and an infant. It's not her job to tell Meghan what to wear.

She doesn't have to tell her what to wear, but she could have told her to leave the hat in the car because she wouldn't be able to wear it and would have to carry it all day long. If she didn't tell her she is a cunt. But Meghan may just possibly be one of those people who don't know what to do with their hands and arms when standing with a group of people. I'm like that and I usually end up putting my arms on my hips which gives off bad body language. Maybe Meg brought the hat to give her hands something to hold

by Anonymousreply 289July 17, 2018 1:02 PM

R255 - Yes, a quite attractive "trench dress" by Canadian label Nonie, worn at the Southbank Centre this morning. Despite the inevitable belt, I think this is definitely one of the most attractive looks she opted for yet: summery but tailored, very attractive blush colour, and the proportions are correct. The dress is long enough to hide her legs, but not so much cloth as to swamp her, and the fullish skirt allows the belt to achieve a waist for her. Simple accessories, matching pumps - I give MeAgain a thumbs up on this one.

What does Della think?

by Anonymousreply 290July 17, 2018 1:04 PM

R255 - oh, one caveat, I didn't like the flap on the shoulder of the dress. But apart from that, I liked the look.

R290

by Anonymousreply 291July 17, 2018 1:05 PM

Regarding the hat, she did eventually wear it on her way out and on her way to visit Serena after the match.

by Anonymousreply 292July 17, 2018 1:12 PM

It's a fine look, it fits, on the bland side with everything matchy-matchy. Coordinated with Harry for once. Contrasts with the brightly colored outfits of the African women who look a lot more interesting and lively. MM looks stifled in comparison. Deliberately?

by Anonymousreply 293July 17, 2018 1:17 PM

R289 do you think Meagain is a child? She is responsible for her own actions. The dress code is on the Wimbledon website if she was unsure. She’s been there before so it’s not like it was new. If she wanted rid of the hat she could have someone take it back to the car. Nobody else is responsible for her fuckups.

by Anonymousreply 294July 17, 2018 1:53 PM

This time it was a Canadian label. She really doesn’t care to wear English, does she?

Anyway, the black buttons make it look cheap. Natural horn button would be less harsh contrast and more authentic. Agree about the length being good for her.

by Anonymousreply 295July 17, 2018 2:00 PM

No, it doesn't fit and looks stupid. The waist isn't hitting her at her waistline so the belt doesn't cover the waistline of the dress and instead is pulling up at the belt loops. It looked really bad in pictures at another site that was mocking it. It's wrinkly looking. Apparently this was one of her go to brands in Canada. She is just trying too hard to be an international fashion icon (not British fashion icon. That would mean wearing British clothes). And the color just washes her out.

by Anonymousreply 296July 17, 2018 2:12 PM

R289 That makes Kate a cunt? Maybe she told and Meg didn’t listen. Maybe Kate thought someone had told Meg already but she wanted to take the hat with her anyway. Maybe Kate didn’t see the hat before they were on the way to the court. Hat.

by Anonymousreply 297July 17, 2018 2:29 PM

It's another fashion disaster!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298July 17, 2018 2:43 PM

She must have google alerts on her name and obsessively check her comments. Every time people complain about something she fixes it immediately. Complaints about her messy hair -> messy bun. Complaints about tendrils on buns -> tendrils behind ears.

by Anonymousreply 299July 17, 2018 2:52 PM

R270 - the rush to blame Kate for everything Markle wears or does wrong is quite hilarious. Anyone would think they call each other every morning to dish.

And, in fact, the rule is not to wear a hat large enough to block anyone else's view. Cumberbatch wore a small one, and Markle didn't really breach any protocol.

Accepting tabloid bullshit as evidence of some sort of plot to undermine Sparkle by Kate and the entire royal family, which apart from that cunt Pss. Michael has bent over backward for her, is mind-boggling.

Sparkle is making her own decisions on her clothes, and the BRF isn't interfering in her choices, and she has also been assigned an "assistant" trusted by the Queen to help her navigate the new ropes.

Kate isn't responsible for telling Markle what to wear. And Markle didn't breach protocol: she brought the hat but didn't wear it.

The tabs are running stories like this to get people like you riled up.

Next, you'll be telling us that it's Kate's fault Markle isn't pregnant yet, or that Markle's weaves and Brazilian blow-outs are frying her hair, or for Markle wearing dresses with buttons.

by Anonymousreply 300July 17, 2018 3:03 PM

^ assuming Markle wears weaves just because she's half black.

by Anonymousreply 301July 17, 2018 3:14 PM

The christening photo looks very coordinated, except for Sparkle.

Harry is stupid enough to have assumed someone else spoke to Soarkle about the color theme.

Or is it just assumed everyone will wear whited or blue for a. summer christening of a boy?

by Anonymousreply 302July 17, 2018 3:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303July 17, 2018 3:28 PM

R300 - oh give it up, will you? Kate has been accused of wearing weaves, as well, and she's all white. Meghan has problem hair that she processes heavily, and weaves are common as dirt among actresses - of all colours.

by Anonymousreply 304July 17, 2018 3:29 PM

Did Kate also forget to tell MM to fucking brush her hair once in a while?

by Anonymousreply 305July 17, 2018 3:48 PM

Since when Meghan looking decent is Kate's job? Is she her 4th child?

by Anonymousreply 306July 17, 2018 3:51 PM

Does she shop at H & M or FINGERHUT UK ?

by Anonymousreply 307July 17, 2018 3:53 PM

I thought she had an entourage of 11! Kate isn't her lady's maid.

by Anonymousreply 308July 17, 2018 5:12 PM

When she learned hats weren’t allowed, she probably didn’t want to give it up because she felt it was a necessary element for her “look.” The cos play, as one poster called it.

by Anonymousreply 309July 17, 2018 5:17 PM

There's always something wrong with her look.

If she wears a dress that fits her, her hair is a mess.

If her hair is fine, her dress is all wrong.

If everyone is wearing pastels, she wears a dark color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310July 17, 2018 5:19 PM

Her wonky nose job and close set eyes are really noticeable here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311July 17, 2018 5:19 PM

This dress is for watching polo not visiting a Nelson Mandela exhibit. Minus the slut shoes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312July 17, 2018 5:21 PM

Both Harry and Meghan look quite drab compared to the colorful outfits of the ladies here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313July 17, 2018 5:23 PM

I don't like the little flaps on the back but then I don't care for trench coat dresses anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314July 17, 2018 5:30 PM

She never fails to find the camera and look directly at it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315July 17, 2018 5:31 PM

We've seen Meghan wear something similar. She's getting quite boring in her fashion choices.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316July 17, 2018 5:33 PM

R316 - that striped dress is heinous and was disliked by even her most fervent supporters, much as the de la Renta tablecloth dress was; I suppose I am in a minority in liking Sparkle's look in the trench dress here - except for, as I stated earlier, the shoulder flap. And, of course, the awful hair, whose dry flyaway tendrils bring down the tailoring of the look and make her look far too casual.

I'm not quite clear on her addiction to messy hair, especially as it tends to emphasise how dry and over-processed. I keep wondering what she is aiming for with the tendrils, which too often aren't tendrils, but chunks of escaping hair. A gamine look? If so, she is far too old for gamine.

by Anonymousreply 317July 17, 2018 5:40 PM

She's run outof ideas, 316. Two months on the job - she's hit the wall.

by Anonymousreply 318July 17, 2018 5:40 PM

So now we have sleeveless trench coat bathrobe with buttons .

by Anonymousreply 319July 17, 2018 5:41 PM

Why does the belt on the trench coat dress look like a child tied it in a fit of rage?

by Anonymousreply 320July 17, 2018 5:43 PM

The shoes are too dressy / not the right style for the trench coat dress.

by Anonymousreply 321July 17, 2018 5:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322July 17, 2018 5:47 PM

Hello r290, RE: Trench Coat, Let's add it up-

1. back flap, 2. right shoulder flap, 3. large collar, 4. wide lapels, 5. double row of dark buttons, 6. belt

At any three of the above should be eliminated. Then it would be just right.

Agree with r19, r135,r152,r217,r282, r290, especially whoever said that the DoS has a mistaken idea/image in her head of what she wants to look like that defies physical possibility.

I too, believe it unfair to Markle that she is compared to the tall, slim, perfect body for clothes Duchess of Cambridge She must be conservative. Her choices are somewhat dictated, making room for a mistake less likely.

by Anonymousreply 323July 17, 2018 6:08 PM

Forgot to add that, I disagree to some extent with r217. I think if properly altered, the shirt and pants for Wimbledon would have been FAB.

I know what she was trying for- that pants too long look. But yet, again, that's not possible for her.

by Anonymousreply 324July 17, 2018 6:11 PM

R323 - thank you for responding, Della.

Glad I wasn't wholly off the mark in rather liking the look.

What do you make of the penchant for messy hair?

Oh, and re Kate: certainly she has a better figure for clothes than Sparkle, but her posture keeps ruining the look - hunched rounded shoulders, curved rather than straight back. I wonder if she was sensitive about being tall in adolescence?

My niece, of whom I have spoken occasionally in the fertility discussions, was 5'9" (and most attractive, even if it said by an affectionate uncle) by the age of 13 and whilst she no longer agonises over it at 38, wanted throughout her adolescence only to be 5'3". She is now the mother of an adorable little girl and after worrying about taking so long to fall pregnant, now worries that the child will be "too tall".

Some things never change, do they? At any rate, I wonder if Kate's posture, which sometimes ruins her ability to put over a look, may be due to that.

by Anonymousreply 325July 17, 2018 6:46 PM

That's okay. I'm gonna stay in the baby's life, Maury. It don't matter; she'll always be my little girl.

[quote]Meghan Markle's father wants some attention, or at least an acknowledgement, from the Royal Family ... and he's not going to shut up until he gets it.

[quote]Thomas Markle tells TMZ ... he's unfazed by news his Duchess daughter and Prince Harry are reportedly frustrated about his recent paid interview with The Sun, because he just wants to be involved in their lives.

[quote]"I was silent for a full year and the press beat me up every day saying I was a hermit hiding in Mexico, so I gave my story. Apparently that interview put the Royal Family in their silence mode ... so, I gave another interview to break the silence. All they have to do is speak to me.”

[quote]Thomas believes the silent treatment from the Palace is silly, wishful thinking on their part that he'll just go away. He insists that's not happening -- and he just wants to be in contact with Meghan.

[quote]Still, he's staying a little optimistic ... "Tomorrow is my birthday, 74 years old, and I’m enjoying the fact that I can make the entire Royal Family not speak and maybe I can get a laugh out of the Duchess."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326July 17, 2018 7:14 PM

Jeez, I had this guy pegged all wrong as a hapless old slob; he's really a nasty piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 327July 17, 2018 7:19 PM

Stay away from tunnels, Pa.

by Anonymousreply 328July 17, 2018 7:38 PM

For an expensive trench dress it is basic looking. Her styles is very boring in my opinion. Most of the time it seems like she is dressing for the office.

by Anonymousreply 329July 17, 2018 8:15 PM

Maybe Pa and Bean are in it together. Sister Sam too. With Harry cast as the dupe. Wouldn't surprise me.

Agree with R327. This guy is a nasty piece of work.

Nobody believes Sparkle is being held hostage. So, she is either in on the scam or she has ghosted him and he in full out revenge mode.

He's been picturing himself in upcoming Christening pictures for any possible Harry/Sparkle projeny.

Maybe with a nice little English estate, courtesy of Elizabeth II.

Methinks he underestimates Elizabeth Alexandra Mary.

Not to mention the "Men in Grey Suits".

by Anonymousreply 330July 17, 2018 8:26 PM

I think she's ghosted him, and although I'm not her biggest fan I think he left her little choice. And now he's got all of them over a barrel: if they capitulate, he'll be embarrassing, and he'll revert to this kind of behavior every time they don't respond to him instantly, or don't respond in a way that makes him feel better. If they stonewall him, he will keep doing these outrageous interviews and embarrassing the shit out of everyone. Someone upthread said it was time for the family to send someone to set this dude straight, and I think that's right.

by Anonymousreply 331July 17, 2018 8:30 PM

R330 - That is where this will get really interesting: the christening of Haz's & Sparkle's baby.

Likely the situation is one of long-standing ambivalence on her part and, with her engagement to a Windsor, a sudden decision to ghost and have done with the whole family except for her mother.

I don't think this estrangement came out of nowhere in November 2017. I think it was the last chapter in a long relationship of periodic estrangements.

MeAgain took a look at the optics when she started dating Harry, and figured she had to make a choice between Dad and the Future Duchess, and chose the Duchess.

by Anonymousreply 332July 17, 2018 8:32 PM

It sounds cold and calculating, but given what his current behavior may reveal about his past behavior, I can't say she made a bad choice.

by Anonymousreply 333July 17, 2018 8:41 PM

Apparently there is also a rumor that he might also end up on "Celebrity Big Brother -UK".

You absolutely cannot make this shit up.

by Anonymousreply 334July 17, 2018 8:54 PM

Now that will drive her crazy. He won't go away.

by Anonymousreply 335July 17, 2018 8:58 PM

What, the father? Or the equally execrable son?

Liz, Phil and Charles must be bedridden over all this.

by Anonymousreply 336July 17, 2018 8:58 PM

Get the whole Markle clan on UK Big Brother for a delicious family reunion. Ratings for this fading show would be stratospheric. Heh heh.

by Anonymousreply 337July 17, 2018 9:08 PM

I am reminded of a statement I read somewhere some years ago.

About the Royal Family...

[quote] They cling to power with the tenacity of the Corleones.

by Anonymousreply 338July 17, 2018 9:52 PM

I don’t think it’s the RF responsibility to keep this old sack of venom and shit happy. If I had a daughter who ghosted me I wouldn’t expect her in laws to start writing and phoning. He’s just looking for a payout and it’s shameful that he thinks ANYONE owes him one.

by Anonymousreply 339July 17, 2018 10:08 PM

Btw, it's Samantha Markle who's going on UK Celebrity Big Brother, and it's a done deal per Wendy Williams.

by Anonymousreply 340July 17, 2018 10:29 PM

R339 - I'm not defending Pa Markle, but what the BRF is confronted with is the need for a pragmatic solution, and if that means an annual settlement to shut him up forever, do not think for a moment they won't consider it.

The "optics", as they say, will continue to damage Sparkle. The half-sibs are one thing - everyone understands ignoring them, but the father she has claimed to love is quite another thing. Having him stand outside the Palace gates weeping and calling for his little buckaroo, as the tabs shriek that Hardhearted Meghan Refuses to See Father When He's Right Across the Road, is not a good look, nor will it be a good look when, inevitably, the baby arrives and he weeps about Harry and Meghan cutting him off from his grandchildren.

The British tabloids have made no secret of their ill-will toward this couple, and they won't let go of this as long as it gets clicks and makes waves.

They should pay him off with the threat of ceasing guaranteed annual support if he breaks the agreement, and engage in some charade of reconciliation, invite him to the damn christening and the occasional photo op, and then wait for him to die.

Sooner or later, the BRF has to deal with him, and they may as well bite the bullet sooner rather than later, to wean him off the tabloids' payrolls.

by Anonymousreply 341July 17, 2018 10:37 PM

Meghan Markle’s wardrobe already cost more than 4 years at Harvard

- Meghan wore 15 new looks since becoming an official member of the royal family,

- they costed £155,575 ($207,000),

- Kate Middleton spent about £119,000 ($158,000) in 2017.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342July 17, 2018 11:56 PM

She’s turning into quite the little Marie Antoinette. Let them eat cak.

by Anonymousreply 343July 18, 2018 12:15 AM

I don't know the solution, R341.

If Pa has any skeletons in his closet, they might be used as leverage against him.

Frankly, I think he's a loose cannon. And I don't think that he can trusted to keep his mouth shut no matter what he might promise. Why should he? If they pay off, he will be able to rightfully conclude that his threatening tactics have worked.

The idea that the Queen or those who protect her will allow her to be threatened by this loser doesn't scan.

The RF might very well release publicly whatever dirt they have on the entire family to shut him down with the claim that they are protecting Harry's wife from undesirable elements in her own family.

Or they might blow the whole Sparkle show with any previously hidden stories, pictures, videos, etc. from her pre-Harry life.

The RF goal will always be to protect the RF.

by Anonymousreply 344July 18, 2018 12:19 AM

Inspector Gadget called. He wants his trench coat back.

by Anonymousreply 345July 18, 2018 12:41 AM

I want to know how she's been allowed to spend more on clothes in a month and a half than Kate in a whole fucking YEAR.

by Anonymousreply 346July 18, 2018 12:43 AM

Because nothing she brought with her was suitable, whereas Kate had been preparing for this for several years and probably had built up a solid wardrobe?

by Anonymousreply 347July 18, 2018 12:48 AM

I thought that the dress today was better, except for the weird flap, but it was still too big/long. I think it swamped her again. I saw it described as knee length, which may have been the intent of the designer. Does she not understand that clothes come in petite sizing? Agree that horn buttons would have been nicer. Today was fine.

by Anonymousreply 348July 18, 2018 12:50 AM

Anything that hides her legs is fine in my book, r348.

by Anonymousreply 349July 18, 2018 12:59 AM

[quote]Because nothing she brought with her was suitable

I beg to differ. Here she is wearing some of the classics she brought with her — crisp white cotton on top and subdued navy on the bottom. What, pray tell, isn't suitable about this outfit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350July 18, 2018 1:08 AM

Kate wore lots of high street the first few years. Certainly not Givenchy and Prada. Such a ridiculous excuse. for Meghan's spendthrift ways.

by Anonymousreply 351July 18, 2018 2:07 AM

Yeah the “doesn’t have anything suitable” argument doesn’t wash. She could’ve hit up John Lewis, Harvey Nichols, Zara, any High Street store and found tons of clothes far more suitable and better fitted at a couple of hundred per outfit like Kate did / does. One thing is sure and that is London is not difficult to buy clothes in.

by Anonymousreply 352July 18, 2018 2:43 AM

[quote]Kate: certainly she has a better figure for clothes than Sparkle, but her posture keeps ruining the look - hunched rounded shoulders, curved rather than straight back. I wonder if she was sensitive about being tall in adolescence?

I have a build that's similar to Kate's except I'm 5'10" and my boobs are slightly smaller. I've also had the stooped shoulders/terrible posture as long as I can remember. When I was younger I got the question whether it had to do with being sensitive about my height. I don't believe it was in my case, at least. I wasn't really self-conscious about my height and wore high heels when I was younger (At 53, I don't anymore because they hurt too much) My father also had the similarly hunched shoulders. I really think there is a genetic predisposition that leads to it. My spine is also slightly, slightly curved, but not enough to warrant a scoliosis diagnosis. Or maybe the musculature in the back and shoulder area is prone to weakness. Or a combo of both. I was, however, self-conscious about the bad posture after eons of being told to stand straight when I was a kid and adolescent by all my family members. As much as I tried, I couldn't correct it. Standing or sitting up straight for periods of time actually begins to hurt a bit.

by Anonymousreply 353July 18, 2018 3:09 AM

Hazza and Megeagain are responsible of daddy.

They're reapping what they sow months ago. I'm not gonna cry for them.

by Anonymousreply 354July 18, 2018 3:29 AM

Aside from perhaps the dozens of reasons for her fashion missteps, it may just boil down to that she just doesn't have good fashion taste. I assume she likes what she sees on the hanger or in a picture, it just doesn't become her or look good on her. Despite being an actress and having to look good on camera, her talent is not fashion now that she's own her own. As an actress, the show's studio told her what to wear. And now, even though she may have help, she wears what she wants, and she often misses the mark.

by Anonymousreply 355July 18, 2018 3:43 AM

It's Jessica who chose the trench coat dress, so even with help it's a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 356July 18, 2018 3:47 AM

In Suits, she played 'sexy" through incredibly tight skirts and I suspect the camera angles didn't linger on her legs or she was photographed from flattering angles. Now, in real life, out of the studio, what you see is the real deal - short, tiny legs, messy hair, clothes that aren't designed to exude SEX all the time but a more regal vibe.

Princess Diana was a tall, athletic, curvaceous woman and a beauty to boot. Kate is a little shorter than Diana but slender so she gives off the illusion of height and she is reasonably attractive, well-groomed. Meghan is just up against so much.

She doesn't give off any 'star' quality due to her body type, grooming challenges, lack of basic fashion savvy, difficulty walking in heels, and a weird kind of social awkwardness at public events. Can't imagine how Harry defines "ready to hit the ground running' but this surely isn't it.

by Anonymousreply 357July 18, 2018 4:01 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358July 18, 2018 4:19 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359July 18, 2018 4:25 AM

Send up of Harry making his vows on comedy show The Windsors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360July 18, 2018 5:09 AM

If he was offered a spot on Big Brother UK, he should definitely take it. That's a flight to the UK (finally) and a month of free meals. He could eat like a king...or, uh, a duke's father-in-law.

by Anonymousreply 361July 18, 2018 5:31 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362July 18, 2018 5:52 AM

[quote]Can't imagine how Harry defines "ready to hit the ground running' but this surely isn't it.

That's only a partial quote. What he actually said was, "ready to hit the ground running in shoes three sizes too big."

It wasn't a figure of speech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363July 18, 2018 6:01 AM

Diana's legs were one of her greatest assets and made every appearance such a WOW event in photos. Harry's wife has to hide her legs making her appearances more of a let down as she hs to find ways to distract the eye from her bird legs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364July 18, 2018 6:25 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365July 18, 2018 6:36 AM

Has Spongebob Squarepants been mentioned previously? Unfortunate body shape.

by Anonymousreply 366July 18, 2018 6:40 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367July 18, 2018 6:49 AM

How much of a clueless person does it take to even pretend to ascribe to this small amount? The horrifics remain.

by Anonymousreply 368July 18, 2018 6:52 AM

Thanks for confirmation of the trailer trash, r365.

by Anonymousreply 369July 18, 2018 6:55 AM

Spongebob analogy mentioned about 3 threads ago, r366.

by Anonymousreply 370July 18, 2018 6:57 AM

The BRF was boring as fuck before Meagain, I give her that.

by Anonymousreply 371July 18, 2018 6:59 AM

Agree, endless snark fodder with Smegs, r371. And her scruffy dimwit ginger hubby, too.

by Anonymousreply 372July 18, 2018 7:05 AM

Without her, we'd all be talking about how fat Louis looked in his christening caftan. We're #blessed.

by Anonymousreply 373July 18, 2018 7:11 AM

Well, Harry has always in-built natural entertainment value, which cannot be denied, r371.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374July 18, 2018 7:11 AM

It's crazy how Harry's PR team managed to clean his image cause I don't believe one second he has changed since Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 375July 18, 2018 9:00 AM

What are you trying to say, R368?

by Anonymousreply 376July 18, 2018 11:50 AM

[quote]It's crazy how Harry's PR team managed to clean his image cause I don't believe one second he has changed since Vegas.

Is this the same PR team that was recently let go by one of the palaces? (or has there been more than one PR team let go by more than one palace? I'm having a hard time keeping up) I guess it's one thing to burnish his image, but it's quite another to restrain the made-for-tabloid trashy in laws

I wonder what kind of machinations went on before the wedding to deal with the Markle father and how his "heart episode" was decided upon as the cover. Really, how can such people be contained if not through the provision of cash?

by Anonymousreply 377July 18, 2018 12:08 PM

I don't think even the provision of cash can contain these people. They'll blow through whatever they're given and then demand more. I suppose they might offer him a fixed monthly sum with the understanding that every time he or his children speak to the press or to social media a specific dollar amount will be deducted from that sum. Perhaps Thomas, even though he seems not very bright, will understand that he is completely in control of his financial well-being and will have only himself or those ghastly grown children to blame if he's destitute.

And I wouldn't make Meghan a bargaining chip at all. Whether or not she wants to have contact with this clown should be her call.

by Anonymousreply 378July 18, 2018 12:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379July 18, 2018 12:53 PM

R371 - LOL - missed the Diana/Charles/Camilla matrimonial fiasco, did you? Fergie and Andy and the toe-sucking-by-the-pool debacle? Andy standing by his paedophile pal and losing his post as British Business Ambassador? Charles being found to have tried to interfere in politics, strictly verboten for his position, by writing memos to MPs that The Guardian had to fight the government to be made available publicly? Harry and the Nazi armband at the costume party? Harry's naked photos from his Vegas strip poker game?

The BRF would be grateful to be boring for a few years.

That said, it is undeniable that Sparkle and her pretensions to aristocratic grandeur through an absurdly expensive but poorly chosen wardrobe are providing DL with more fun with the royals than it has had in years.

by Anonymousreply 380July 18, 2018 12:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381July 18, 2018 2:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382July 18, 2018 2:52 PM

R380 How old do you think I am?

I'm a newbie in the BRF world.

by Anonymousreply 383July 18, 2018 2:55 PM

I think en route to that wedding where she wore the tablecloth Harry asked her where her hat was. Oops. Quick pit stop to M&S and £30 later Meagain is wearing the stunning nylon with polyester trim creation.

by Anonymousreply 384July 18, 2018 3:12 PM

I have another theory, r384. Harry realized as you said, that the lovely Duchess was missing a hat and he luckily had his gym bag and toiletries in the car and together they fashioned this shower loofah using rubber bands and pins en route.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385July 18, 2018 3:20 PM

Most poster here are as daft as they say MM is. You keep going on and on about her "not getting it" when in truth it seems she does not care. There is a difference between confusion and not giving a fuck. She does not give a fuck!

by Anonymousreply 386July 18, 2018 4:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387July 18, 2018 4:18 PM

R382 - those photos of Sparkle at the Spencer wedding are . . . well, one is left speechless that she even left home in it. It's one thing to have a weakness for boat necks, belts, messy buns - those are all, as pollsters say, "well within the margin of error".

But that Oscar de la Renta she stepped out in is so far outside the margin of error that it beggars description.

by Anonymousreply 388July 18, 2018 4:35 PM

R383 - alas, far younger than I!

In truth, my guess is that the BRF thought marriage would "settle" Harry and make him less of the loose cannon caught naked in Vegas playing strip poker, and co-opt him into the safe "boring" mode that Diana and Fergie and Andy ruptured. And whatever noise Sparkle made about activism and feminism, it's clear already that her aim is to become Be One of Them, boring aura and all.

The only things that have not been boring about Sparkle since the wedding are her clothes and her family, and she can't take credit for the latter, only the former, and that's a pretty shallow level.

But there was always a black sheep in every generation. In the 1930s it was the soon to be Duke of Windsor, in the 1950s-1960s it was Princess Margaret, then it was Diana and Fergie and Andy . . . and in this generation, Harry looked like taking over, but the BRF I'm sure hoped marriage to the woman he chose would head that off.

by Anonymousreply 389July 18, 2018 5:13 PM

R386 - YOU don't get it. Being confused and not giving a fuck are each bad in their own way. YOU are the daft one here.

by Anonymousreply 390July 18, 2018 5:26 PM

Ralph Lauren's twitter currently features two photos of Emma Watson in this RL dress at Wimbledon. Zero images found of MeAgain in his bold blue and white striped shirt and billowy trousers on his twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391July 18, 2018 5:57 PM

r380 - DM 'Exclusive' - Looks like KP has hired their PR Spin Doctor:

A source close to the Duchess of Sussex claims: 'The whole story about Meghan's father undergoing heart surgery was made up.' Thomas Markle Sr's heart attack and surgery were part of a ploy to avoid attending his daughter's wedding on May 19.

A source close to the Duchess of Sussex says that Markle Sr., 73, was never ill and faked an emergency operation as an excuse to not attend the royal wedding and garner sympathy.

'The whole story about Meghan's father undergoing heart surgery was made up,' the source said.

'He had to come up with a good enough reason not to attend her wedding and avoid any further embarrassment after those staged photos went public. '

by Anonymousreply 392July 18, 2018 6:16 PM

What a fucking mess....

What a great idea Harry had to marry her and her family.

by Anonymousreply 393July 18, 2018 6:19 PM

At least in my memory, unless they were posing , it's rare that when Diana or CBK were "on duty" (by that I mean dressed to the 9s and arriving at, leaving or at the event itself) a pic or video captured them with their eyes searching for the cameras.

Now, I'll brace myself for pix proving me wrong, but whoever pointed out that, both the DoS and Amal Clooney search out the cameras are right. And they should immediately practice at and master not to allow their eyes to seek the cameras.

I realize now that part of what made Diana and CBK captivating in pix was that innately knew they were being photographed and videoed and, therefore, did not need to deign to notice it.

It's a subtle, yet powerful way of announcing yourself with out announcing yourself and thereby making you more interesting.

Take heed, DoS and Clooney.

by Anonymousreply 394July 18, 2018 6:19 PM

Best KP release:

'Don't feel sorry for Thomas Markle - Feel SORRY for Meghan.'

by Anonymousreply 395July 18, 2018 6:20 PM

Well, I'm not sorry for her.

She can always cry in her Cartier's diamonds and Givenchy dresses.

by Anonymousreply 396July 18, 2018 6:23 PM

""She's home on the phone getting the next horrendous style tip from her bestie. That's what she meant by hitting the ground running!'

by Anonymousreply 397July 18, 2018 6:31 PM

R394 - Della, with respect, I should point out that the royals are there to give the press "good shots" that they can use in their papers. It's an understood form of mutual cooperation between two occasionally warring but interdependent entities. But the royals are in the unenviable position of trying to master the art of doing that without looking as if they are.

Being as old as I am, I can remember a journalist once saying with admiration that the late Queen Mother knew better than anyone else how to slow down when exiting a car and look to both sides smiling, as she headed into an event, without remotely looking as if she were doing so. The assembled press knew that they would always get what they needed from her.

Diana mastered this art, although not quite as unselfconsciously as the Queen Mother. (Sargent painted the Queen Mother and said later that she was the only completely unselfconscious sitter he ever had.) There is even a form of how to exit the limo gracefully, something Diana especially had to learn, her long legs.

As an actress, Sparkle is behaving reflexively around the cameras, and just needs to relax and realise that she can give them their shots without being so obvious about it.

by Anonymousreply 398July 18, 2018 7:15 PM

Aren't actresses trained to "act" naturally as though there is no camera preesent, r398. I've never seen an actor gaze into a camera while filming a scene. Really famous actors walk about oblivious to the photographers about them in real life. Doesn't seem like such a difficult task.

by Anonymousreply 399July 18, 2018 7:34 PM

R399 - that more applies I thing to when they are actually filming a fictional role, and usually there isn't the general public present, just film crews. Sparkle has to learn to act naturally whilst doing something that is under both the press and public gaze, and act appropriately for both constituents, as it were, and in a role that is also part reality (she really is a member of the BRF) and part fictional (she's really a commoner learning how to pretend to be royal).

by Anonymousreply 400July 18, 2018 7:40 PM

R399 *I think

by Anonymousreply 401July 18, 2018 7:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402July 18, 2018 8:08 PM

Re R380

Yes! That's what I thought! That whole heart attack story was bogus.

I think someone on DL pointed out at the time that news stories about some famous person's hospital stay ALWAYS give the name of the hospital and it didn't happen with Pa Markle.

And, has everyone forgotten?? At the beginning of the wedding talk, the story was that Sparkle wanted her mother to walk her down the aisle. No mention of the father at all. That raised some eyebrows, of course, but I recall it clearly.

I never thought she intended to invite him at all, but given the negative press they had to come up with a story why he wasn't there.

And then there is the story about pre-Harry, Sparkle sending glowing Happy Father's Days Instagram posts to Pa, while Pa did not have an Instagram Account. So, was Sparkle sending it to herself?

This is all pretty funny.

Does it mean that Pa is now using Sparkle's bogus (heart attack) story (that he went along with) as a lever to get contact from her?

Moral of the story:L fabricating social media profiles of dubious veracity can come back to bite you in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 403July 18, 2018 8:15 PM

Nutmeg and Ginger are both cowards if they have to have a "friend" rat on her father. They've just made things much worse.

by Anonymousreply 404July 18, 2018 8:20 PM

Sorry, I meant to reference R392, not R380.

by Anonymousreply 405July 18, 2018 8:24 PM

r402 - See r392.

by Anonymousreply 406July 18, 2018 8:26 PM

I think many people understood/suspected that Markle wasn't ill. You don't generally get to walk out of the hospital on your own 24 hours after a heart attack, or even having stents done. It was too convenient to be true.

by Anonymousreply 407July 18, 2018 9:46 PM

Didn't Nutmeg's closest childhood and young adult friend also talk to the tabs about how MM had "changed" since she got the Suits job and then began dating Harry? I remember reading it and finding it more believable than the trash family's rants. The friend never talked again, just made her statement once and then shut up - one reason I found her more believable.

by Anonymousreply 408July 18, 2018 9:46 PM

And I think the lie was Thomas', not Meghan's.

by Anonymousreply 409July 18, 2018 9:47 PM

He's an old fool.

by Anonymousreply 410July 18, 2018 9:49 PM

r398, Thank you for your post. It's a cliché to say so, but that ain't gonna stop me- I really do learn something new everyday here at the good old DL.

I find it endlessly intriguing to see if the DoS gets the hang of it.

by Anonymousreply 411July 18, 2018 10:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412July 18, 2018 10:26 PM

[quote] it's rare that when Diana or CBK were "on duty" (by that I mean dressed to the 9s and arriving at, leaving or at the event itself) a pic or video

Who is CBK?

by Anonymousreply 413July 18, 2018 11:39 PM

No I am not daft as there is absolutely nothing wrong with making your own decisions and doing what pleases oneself. A person has one life to live and should live it on their own terms as long as they are not infringing on the rights of others. Also to those who really think MM clothing selection will cause problems with the BRF are taking things way too seriously. Fergie was kicked out over to suckling and Fiana very publically went to war with the BRF. None of that compares to the style of MM garments.

by Anonymousreply 414July 18, 2018 11:49 PM

Carolyn Bessette Kennedy, JFK Jr.’s wife R413!

by Anonymousreply 415July 19, 2018 12:13 AM

Thanks, R415. I kept thinking it was the RF or British aristocracy. Wasn't CBK notoriously camera shy? I seem to remember her eyes often pointed downward or away from the camera while being photographed. She also rarely smiled. But that may have been once the marriage headed south.

by Anonymousreply 416July 19, 2018 12:22 AM

Tomorrow is her two month wedding anniversary and it's been fuck up and after fuck up.

She's the Trump of unfortunate marriages.

by Anonymousreply 417July 19, 2018 12:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418July 19, 2018 12:43 AM

Eugenie is looking better than Markle. And her dress was way less expensive.

by Anonymousreply 419July 19, 2018 12:54 AM

Actually she look as bad as Markle, at least in the lumpy department.

by Anonymousreply 420July 19, 2018 1:18 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421July 19, 2018 2:06 AM

It's so funny, the last time Theresa May was filmed adjacent to Harry and Meghan, she gave them the most withering, yet most cursory and dismissive side-eye when sleeveless, hose-less Meghan sashayed up the church aisle on a chilly April morning while everyone else was covered up for the Stephen Lawrence memorial. I thought maybe it was her attitude toward the royals in general. Yet here she is, plain delighted to see the Cambridges, yukking it up and chatting away.

by Anonymousreply 422July 19, 2018 2:15 AM

R418, Meghan and Harry met him the day before

by Anonymousreply 423July 19, 2018 3:38 AM

[quote] I want to know how she's been allowed to spend more on clothes in a month and a half than Kate in a whole fucking YEAR

To be fair, she's done more in two months than Kate did all of last year. Let's not forget that until Meghan came around (about a year ago), Kate and William were known as Can't and Won't or the Doolittles

I think it's hilarious and so hypocritical that most of you are acting like Kate is the most fabulous thing on earth when you all used to complain about how lazy and useless Mrs "I've never had a job in my entire life" was

by Anonymousreply 424July 19, 2018 3:45 AM

You cannot choose your family; but MEagain chooses a grasping tart like Jessica Mulroney as her best friend? Too Occam's razor how this reflects on the nature of MM's character.

by Anonymousreply 425July 19, 2018 5:26 AM

R424 You can stop with the DoLittle Darling, it's getting tired.

Kate doesn't do much but William is working a lot, at least far more than his lazy weasel little brother.

But William doesn't make the front page of the Daily Mail each time he puts a foot outside, so you couldn't know obviously.

by Anonymousreply 426July 19, 2018 5:45 AM

R424 she's had three kids in less than five years. Her severe morning sickness took her out for the first three months of each, and she would keep engagements until shortly before giving birth. Meghan doesn't have kids at home and has all the time in the world for engagements. Plus she's the shiny new royal that the BRF wants to show off at every turn.

The fact that the wife of the sixth in line to the throne has already outspent Kate's yearly wardrobe budget by double in less than two months of marriage is insane. Megs hasn't worn any British designers, High Street brands and has gone for super luxury high end clothes, accessories and jewelry at every single turn. Wearing Dior to the RAF Centennary and Ralph Lauren to Wimbledon was bad form. At least Kate wore Jenny Packham to Wimbledon, keeping with a British designer while attending an event at the All England Tennis Club.

by Anonymousreply 427July 19, 2018 5:55 AM

And how likely is she to recycle any of the fashions she has worn up until now considering how poorly they have been received and how awful they looked on her frame? She could have them fitted and tailored, but it would only be a reminder of what a poor choice it was initially, especially considering the prices she paid out. Don't luxury designers provide fitting services for the amount the charge?

[quote]Kate doesn't do much but William is working a lot, at least far more than his lazy weasel little brother.

She's doing exactly what the Queen has expected of her all along. The Cambridges were given time together as a family with their brood, something I suspect HM wishes could have been handled differently when she was a young mother and sovereign, but wasn't due to the restrictions and expectations of the time. She was off touring the Commonwealth or performing her duties and physical and emotional distance was created. Isn't one of her returns home quite famous when very young Prince Charles bounded to his mother eager with anticipation only to be greeted with a formal handshake? And he turned out so well...

I think QEII is intimately familiar with failings whether self-created or forced by "the men in grey suits." No need to repeat in this generation when Charles has been at the ready to take over for decades and there are plenty of RF members to make engagements. Maybe she's invested in the idea of the "happy family unit" and let the future heir and family have momentary peace until the children are a little older.

by Anonymousreply 428July 19, 2018 7:29 AM

R428 I agree she gave them time to build a solid loving family, but Kate could do a little bit more.

I'm a Kate apologist but even I can see she could do just a little bit more.

William is doing good, but he's the future King.

And true, The Queen fucked up her children big way.

by Anonymousreply 429July 19, 2018 8:12 AM

I think that since this whole dressing-appropriately thing isn't working out very well she should say "fuck it" and do something completely unexpected, like prizing Christian Audigier's aesthetic from his cold, dead hands and bringing it to the BRF by way of Philipp Plein.

For Remembrance Day, this coat is perfect. Seeing how big and droopy it is on the five-foot-ten+ model, it will fit Bean exactly the way she likes; it's a German designer; it has a giant skull symbolizing the dead, and I'm sure she'll love that the red flowers on the lining are not poppies (they'll be visible every time the coat slides off her shoulders).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430July 19, 2018 8:38 AM

In one of those DM articles mentioned above, the DM claimed to have contacted the medical facility where Daddy Markle said he'd had the heart procedure done and was told the facility had no record of a patient with that name.

by Anonymousreply 431July 19, 2018 8:54 AM

Daddy was just searching a good excuse to not go to the wedding.

I don't think H&M wanted him to come anyway and were happy with the fake excuse.

by Anonymousreply 432July 19, 2018 8:58 AM

[quote]Although she has quickly adapted to many of the minutiae of royal dos and don’ts, she “has found certain rules in the royal household difficult to understand, like the fact that the Queen prefers women in dresses or skirts rather than trouser suits, and is often asking Harry why things have to be done in a certain way,” a source tells PEOPLE in this week’s cover story.

[quote]“I think she finds it a little frustrating at times, but this is her new life, and she has to deal with it,” the source adds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433July 19, 2018 9:49 AM

Eugenie looks great in those pics. The fit of the dress is fantastic on her classic hourglass figure.

by Anonymousreply 434July 19, 2018 12:04 PM

It's my private opinion that the Queen, who ascended to the Throne when her first two children were still very young, has privately encouraged Kate and William to make the most of their time with their young and growing family - I think the Queen feels that the role thrust upon her at only 25 cost her and her children something important in those years. I also suspect Kate is not a "limelight seeking" type, has a very private nature, and has taken a long time to become comfortable with the public side of her work. Lately, especially with the birth of this last child, she seems more relaxed and genuinely happy than many have ever seen her.

MM is another type altogether, and perhaps Harry thought that someone who enjoyed the limelight more wouldn't have the conflict. The problem is, does MM go to far in the other direction.

You really don't know how it's going to play out until you get into it.

by Anonymousreply 435July 19, 2018 1:24 PM

R428 - apologies for nearly replicating your post. Just woke up and didn't read upthread before posting mine.

But as you can see, I agree with you completely.

R435

by Anonymousreply 436July 19, 2018 1:26 PM

R430, anyone who wears that coat deserves to be mocked.

by Anonymousreply 437July 19, 2018 1:34 PM

R424 - you also have to remember that the BRF had to introduce Sparkle to the British public quickly. Kate was a known entity, not just because she was a bona fide Home Counties girl, but because she'd been dating William for nearly a decade. She'd already been on the magazine covers, the subject of speculation, gotten the nickname Waity Katie, been photographed on vacation with William, at weddings in their social circle, all before he even popped the question.

Sparkle, on the other hand, had to be very quickly rolled out, and they sent H&M off to major cities in England, Scotland, Wales, and NI immediately. She had to be seen to be Part of the Firm sooner rather than later. The obligatory event with the Queen (which Kate also did) and all of that was well known SOP. Stuff like appearing on the balcony at Buck House for the Trooping in honour of the Queen's birthday wasn't a choice: it's obligatory, and Kate came off maternity leave to do so. Ascot is hardly what you'd call "work". So the other events were very standard ones where the royals show up for their standard 45 minutes-1 hour. They rarely stay longer than that.

W&K first overseas tour shortly after their wedding was Canada and the US, and was far longer than H&M three days in Dublin. They gave Harry the Commonwealth job, so that he has some major "thing" he can be seen to start working on, and when that tour rolls around, Sparkle will experience the real grind.

So she had to jump in fast, to get her feet wet and get used to the protocols, the hierarchies, and become a familiar face to the public she alleged represents.

Every event is vetted behind the scenes. For all the bullshit fuss she made about her feminism and "women having a voice" she will find out in short order that her role, like Kate's, and Diana's, and Fergie's was, is mostly decorative with a veneer of "work" of a soothingly anodyne character.

Patronage is their "job", the one they invented for themselves as their real power waned. The thing is, and I know I'll get slammed by feminists everywhere, patronage isn't a real job for a man; women can get away with it, but a man like Harry, a trained military man - I think he will feel the diminishment keenly and there will be restlessness and emptiness and trouble down the road.

Charles I think felt this as well, especially in the company of self-made men, company CEOs, billionaire businessmen. But he had the Duchy of Cornwall, which he made, in fairness, a going concern, and eventually William will have it. But Harry doesn't have any such thing, and will have to try to satisfy his male ego with "patronage" and a limelight seeking glam wife.

by Anonymousreply 438July 19, 2018 1:46 PM

R412 Even if Meghan is everything they say, the only one who has to worry about it is Harry and maybe the RF. If it works out, fine; if not, she'll go the way of Diana and Sarah.

by Anonymousreply 439July 19, 2018 2:28 PM

Harry has tried and succeeded, for the most part, with the INVICTUS Games concept. But that gets dull after a while, no matter how grand the idea.. Harry has made that the Games (and mental health) his focus areas but it should really be supplemented with something else. What that 'something else' could be is a mystery at the moment.

The Queen is trying to give him an international profile - hence the rep of Commonwealth Youth. But as he ages out o the 'youth' demographic, that may wane.

I think Harry saw Meghan's 'humanitarian" branding efforts as a great complement to his own mother's achievements. But Megs faces a bit of an uphill struggle in this regard unless she is given some specific role on the big stage - which I somehow doubt will materialize. Charles seems taken with Meghan so when the Queen passes, you never know.

by Anonymousreply 440July 19, 2018 2:34 PM

R440 - I agree that all bets are off after the Queen goes. She's the last of a particular breed. Charles has indicated his intention to "streamline" the monarchy so that the public doesn't see endless grandchildren, cousins, nephews and nieces on the royal gravy train. How that will pan out is anyone's guess, but H&M are probably assured of reasonably large roles under his reign, and William's and Kate's will be considerably larger as they step up to Prince and Princess of Wales and Duke and Duchess of Cornwall. I don't know what happens to the Cambridge title after that. But as William's and Kate's children mature and step into the public arena, the Sussexes will begin to recede the way the Yorks did. When George, Charlotte, and Louis marry and have children, the Susexes will become increasing footnotes.

by Anonymousreply 441July 19, 2018 2:46 PM

I agree with R428 and R435.

You can see the Queen's delight in her great-grandchildren and before, in her grandchildren. The fact that she tells lit bits about them - for example - about Charlotte. About the nicknames they have for her. I think it's a reminder of what she missed when at the already personal loss of her father, she was forced into the role of sovereign as a young woman.

Not only did her absence from her children cause problems down the line, apparently mostly with the more sensitive Charles, but she, personally, lost out.

I believe firmly that she urged William and Kate to enjoy their early married years and those years with their babies and young children. And she made it easy for them. Plus, she would have been happy that William found the RAF Rescue pilot role fulfilling during those years. Giving him personal satisfaction as a man for a job well done. And perhaps recognizing the very real loss to Prince Philip who had to give up his naval career to walk behind her and giving something to William that his grandfather and father never had.

Surely, she could see positive side of that time for the strengthening of William (and Kate's) marriage allowing them to cement a good foundation.

Additionally, I think the Queen just loves those little ones.

It seems pretty clear that both William and Kate are pretty hands on parents, even though there are nannies of course. You can see in the kids' body language when they are with their parents.

And that, after all, is the best thing for her family, regardless of what the future holds.

I suspect she is very sad at the mess that Harry now finds himself.

by Anonymousreply 442July 19, 2018 5:31 PM

I wonder if seeing Will’s and Kate’s family grow and being tight together will make Harry unhappy because he has no kids. Meghan might find herself more isolated because she has Harry and that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 443July 19, 2018 8:38 PM

r443 - There is no reason that Harry and Meghan are precluded from having children. Wise to not to wait, for sure, but for Heaven's sake, she's three years from 40 and if there are any difficulties, she will have access to the very best medical assistance on the planet, and cost will be no barrier.

The only barrier, if nothing works, will be a man and a woman who no longer want to subject themselves to the strains of fertility treatments, which can be quite brutal and, if they go on long enough without results, can put incredible strains on a couple. Eventually, they have to choose between their marriage and endless fertility treatments.

But I really do not believe that Harry and Sparkle are anywhere near that crossroad.

by Anonymousreply 444July 19, 2018 8:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445July 20, 2018 12:18 AM

great diet for the heart patient.

by Anonymousreply 446July 20, 2018 12:20 AM

'A source' reports Meghan's confusion and frustration with RF rules.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447July 20, 2018 8:44 AM

R447 Maybe she should have thought these things before she got married?

by Anonymousreply 448July 20, 2018 9:12 AM

But she was so giddy in love!

by Anonymousreply 449July 20, 2018 9:16 AM

She hit the ground running.

by Anonymousreply 450July 20, 2018 9:42 AM

Yes r450, she certainly has. That post engagement TV interview was cringeworthy, to say the least. She gave her best PR front then and we now have the reality and the unexpected delight of the family soap opera featuring Meghan's fashion fails.

by Anonymousreply 451July 20, 2018 9:50 AM

I don’t think Meagain knows she doesn’t have to understand the rules she only has to follow them.

by Anonymousreply 452July 20, 2018 10:58 AM

“Doesn’t understand the rules” = “Doesn’t like and doesn’t want to follow the rules”

by Anonymousreply 453July 20, 2018 11:26 AM

We can help.

by Anonymousreply 454July 20, 2018 11:28 AM

There's a rumor in Daily Mail that Meghan is traveling solo to America this summer to visit family and friends. Are the Palace PR going to arrange a photo op with her father to make the situation better? Stay tuned.

by Anonymousreply 455July 20, 2018 12:55 PM

Desperate times call for desperate measures, r455.

by Anonymousreply 456July 20, 2018 1:21 PM

No style updates today?

by Anonymousreply 457July 20, 2018 4:17 PM

We all face rules and protocols at work that we don't always understand or approve but we still follow them.

It's part of her job, she obeys. There's nothing to "understand" about it.

She just thinks she's the special unicorn who doesn't have to follow rules cause she's above them.

by Anonymousreply 458July 20, 2018 4:25 PM

R458 - Before judging Sparkle on this particular front too quickly, I would bear in mind that "a source" is probably a fiction - in the absence of any new outfits to critique and with Sparkle, Sr.'s. latest rant already a few days stale, media outlets are drumming up any story they can to drive traffic to the site.

No "source" worth a damn would talk to any of these outlets. These kinds of outlets have no compunction about making shit up.

by Anonymousreply 459July 20, 2018 5:03 PM

R459 It's People and People is ALWAYS PR approved.

by Anonymousreply 460July 20, 2018 5:12 PM

The royal tendrils are being meticulously tended to in preparation for next week's fashion disaster, err......event, r457.

by Anonymousreply 461July 20, 2018 5:15 PM

R461 - I haven't checked the Court Circular - is there something on next week that we should be aware of?

You know, it dawns upon me that when they head to Australia in October it will be early spring, not early autumn. We must prepare for more blush-coloured ensembles and perhaps the banana dress again.

by Anonymousreply 462July 21, 2018 2:12 AM

Megs is scheming a Palace Coup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463July 21, 2018 2:39 AM

R462 is foolishly assuming Meghan will choose seasonally-appropriate clothing.

Well, I suppose MM *could* figure it out by then.

by Anonymousreply 464July 21, 2018 4:37 AM

Another day, another grab for pity. And there’s that “cares about” him again, which I’m guessing was actually pronounced “aboot.”

[quote]“Meghan is so upset over Thomas. She’s upset for a couple of reasons. She doesn’t even know how to communicate with her dad without knowing he won’t exploit her,” the source explains. “She lives in fear that he’ll leak their communication. If he’s spoken this much already, why wouldn’t he leak their conversation?”

[quote]The source adds that Meghan “cares about her dad,” but simply cannot trust him.

[quote]“She would like to speak to him, but there is no trust there anymore,” the source reveals. “And it doesn’t seem like it could ever be rebuilt. The damage is done.”

[quote]“First, he faked this weird heart attack, which he hasn’t admitted was fake, and now he’s doing all these interviews. She has no other choice but to ignore him,” the source tells Us, referring to Thomas’ recent claims that Meghan is “under too much pressure” and looks “terrified” in photos from royal engagements.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465July 21, 2018 4:57 AM

Still think the dad thing is a red herring. Notice he never spills anything too interesting ( I'm sure he could.) But they get him out to gain sympathy or obscure other awkward things....

by Anonymousreply 466July 21, 2018 5:26 AM

I'm still waiting for him to spill the strong tea but I have not much hope at this point.

by Anonymousreply 467July 21, 2018 5:45 AM

Not sure what Smegs is doing that is so different from her Markle clan, except maybe doing her talking to the media through "sources?" A family of attention seekers they are, in their element.

by Anonymousreply 468July 21, 2018 5:57 AM

[quote]Notice he never spills anything too interesting ( I'm sure he could.)

What could he possibly have to spill if he's been out of her life for such a long time? She wasn't at her first (second?) wedding. It was an informal beach wedding where he wouldn't have stuck out. I very much doubt she got on the phone to confide in him. The worst he could say is that she hit him up for money in the salad days.

by Anonymousreply 469July 21, 2018 8:35 AM

Did she really have a first marriage that was annulled, making this her second marriage but third wedding?

by Anonymousreply 470July 21, 2018 8:47 AM

R470 The first marriage is an urban legend.

Tumblr never found real evidence of a first wedding.

by Anonymousreply 471July 21, 2018 10:13 AM

R467 - He probably could, but it's likely he knows that there are some lines he can't cross without real risk - for all we know, it's also possible it is stuff that even the DM won't touch for fear of legal repercussions. or he also may be keeping something in reserve so he still has something the tabs want to buy if the BRF isn't brought to heel with a nice annual settlement from Harry in exchange for a nice photo op between him and his daughter, and then keeping his mouth shut till he drops dead of a real heart attack.

Right now, it's all treacly sob-story stuff, there's no real private information about Sparkle and her life and loves in his interviews. It's the kind of stuff that annoys the BRF but doesn't alarm them beyond a surface PR level.

The only person whose comments really contained personal information is the childhood friend, and those comments were hardly a surprise to those of us who sized Sparkle up early on as a ruthless, manipulative, social climbing famewhore who was in the right place at the right time and reeled in a very dim bulb with smooth expertise.

by Anonymousreply 472July 21, 2018 2:36 PM

The father's biggest mistake was reporting what he discussed with Harry re: Brexit and Trump. The Royals are expected to remain neutral on political issues: any time there's been a hint that the Queen has taken a position, there's generally a protest from the palace. Markle reported a private conversation he had with Harry, and he's proved himself too much a loose cannon to be trusted to remain discreet.

by Anonymousreply 473July 21, 2018 3:00 PM

There was evidence of an annulment found. Hope 3rd time is a charm, Meg!

by Anonymousreply 474July 21, 2018 3:04 PM

R474 Well, post it cause I've found nothing serious until now.

by Anonymousreply 475July 21, 2018 3:17 PM

R474, what is the “evidence of an annulment”? Aren’t marriage licenses and certificates a matter of public record? She was a nobody at the time of her first alleged marriage. Why would it need to be a secret? I certainly understand people quietly getting married at City Hall on their lunch hour, but keeping a marriage and annulment a total secret doesn’t make sense.

I don’t know much about this, but I know that you need to apply for, and be granted, a license to be married. The officiant files the papers for a certificate to be issued. At least that’s what happened for my marriage. If the marriage certificate isn’t filed, it’s not a legal marriage. Is that what happened in MM’s case?

by Anonymousreply 476July 21, 2018 3:18 PM

I wonder if Meg’s attendance will be required daddy actually passes on. She will have to deal with the extended Markel family at the funeral.

by Anonymousreply 477July 21, 2018 5:24 PM

She will go with 15 bodyguards and won't speak to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 478July 21, 2018 5:26 PM

You'd think he'd kick the bucket, given his apparently steady diet of Mickey D's and beer. But nooooooooooooo.

by Anonymousreply 479July 21, 2018 5:52 PM

The alleged first husband was someone she met at Northwestern named Joseph Giuliano-Goldman who is now a criminal lawyer.

People forget that Harry's other l-t gfs were not exactly royal material. Chelsy Davy was a total party girl, often photographed drinking and smoking, and Cressida Bonas was an arty boho type always wearing Doc Martins. They have both grown up a lot since then, but my point is that Harry has always had a rebellious streak in choosing unconventional women.

by Anonymousreply 480July 21, 2018 6:16 PM

I actually believe she can't speak to him because, in fact, she can't trust him. And she can't. I don't know how they solve this problem except to ignore it until he dies.

by Anonymousreply 481July 21, 2018 6:59 PM

R480, I thought the alleged first husband was named Joseph Goldberg-Giuliano.

by Anonymousreply 482July 21, 2018 8:57 PM

It's Goldman-Giuliano.

by Anonymousreply 483July 21, 2018 9:36 PM

The Daily Mail, ever on the alert for a lapse in royal news and taking pity on DLers facing potentially empty weekends, has published an article asserting that there are problems brewing between Harry and Meghan and Meghan and the BRF in connection with her sartorial style.

"I'll wear the royal trousers!, Meghan! The Duchess of Sussex want to wear a tux (just like Princess Diana) on their tour Down Under. . . .but Harry gives thumbs down."

Further the article alleges that Harry has been sitting in on Meghan's meetings with "special projects" design teams.

And: A "source" from one of the fashion teams after visiting Kensington Palace in recent weeks said that "Meghan has been told that she has to stop dressing like a Hollywood star [sic - as if she had ever been one!] and start dressing more like a royal."

by Anonymousreply 484July 21, 2018 10:40 PM

But wait - there's more!

The DM article ALSO suggests that Sparkle wore Ralph Lauren to Wimbledon because she "owed them a favour" - Ralph Lauren hosted MM in its VIP hospitality area in 2016, and its star PR, Violet von Westenholz, is said to have helped set her up with Harry. Some suggested that such favouritism from a royal is "inappropriate".

Can't wait to see the fraus' indignant reaction to this one!

by Anonymousreply 485July 21, 2018 10:55 PM

This kind of thing is going to be the narritive for the breakup!

by Anonymousreply 486July 21, 2018 11:14 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487July 21, 2018 11:17 PM

[quote]Though the tuxedo look is undeniably sharp and stylish, and would flatter Meghan’s "yoga-honed figure"

More DM shade?

If true, I can't even fathom having the balls to copy Harry's mother so brazenly by donning a tuxedo.

by Anonymousreply 488July 21, 2018 11:29 PM

You doubt me, R488?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489July 22, 2018 12:14 AM

$488 - undoubtedly the yoga-toned figure reference is shade, but it is still the less important shade. The important shade in this article is 1) the not too oblique suggestion that MM is merching for an American designer but without coming out and calling it that, 2) the suggestion that one of her design advisors is telling tales out of school and revealing that the BRF as well as some members of the public have noticed that MM is using the Duchy's money and her position to fulfill her fantasy of herself as a film star rather than her roles as a serious royal, and 3) that Harry is noticing, too.

I have my doubts about anyone being able to verify #3 but the rest sounds suspiciously like paid informants.

And, lastly, it's not just that imitating Diana, with her 5'10" of endless beautiful legs, is foolish on MM's part . . . I wonder if it has occurred to her that Harry might find it painful?

One is reminded of the scene in "Rebecca" when Mrs Danvers suggests to the hapless Second Mrs De Winter that she wear the shepherdess costume in one of the paintings at Manderly to the masquerade ball, knowing full well that Rebecca had the very same idea, and that Maxim and the assembled guests would gasp in horror . . .

Perhaps MM should think about Harry's feelings and not her own eager fantasy fulfillment, and not raise the shade of his mother with a tux.

The tour is about Harry's new position as the Commonwealth Youth Ambassador, not MM's glamour.

by Anonymousreply 490July 22, 2018 1:03 AM

It is probably Her Maj's courtiers or Clarence House courtiers (Charlie's people) who are dropping info about Markle. She'll either come to heel or be divorced. There is no other way with this family.

by Anonymousreply 491July 22, 2018 1:11 AM

As a concession to Meg's frustratiion and rebellion against stodgy Palace Fashion Rules, Harry will wear this VIVIENNE WESTWOOD Menswear ensemble at the first dinner on the royal couple's Australian tour in October.

Total Freedom meets Formal Elegance all in one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492July 22, 2018 1:23 AM

R491 - they are quite capable of it when they need to, and, like the capos in the Mafia, ensure that there are layers of protection between them and the actual informant.

by Anonymousreply 493July 22, 2018 1:24 AM

I think women in tuxedos look weird and try hard .

by Anonymousreply 494July 22, 2018 1:53 AM

She thinks she'll look like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495July 22, 2018 2:01 AM

Meghan...I'd suggest you sit this one out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496July 22, 2018 2:02 AM

The next thing you know, Me-again will be wanting to wear The Revenge Dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497July 22, 2018 2:05 AM

But really she'll look like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498July 22, 2018 2:07 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499July 22, 2018 2:11 AM

R494 - it wasn't even one of Diana's best looks. The much shorter, squarer MM will look like a gay Felix the Cat.

by Anonymousreply 500July 22, 2018 2:12 AM

R499 - the important question is, is it bigger or smaller than Anmer Hall?

by Anonymousreply 501July 22, 2018 2:15 AM

Isn’t Felix the Cat already gay?

by Anonymousreply 502July 22, 2018 2:27 AM

R500 - If Felix is gay, it has escaped my knowledge.

I already knew about Bugs and Daffy, but hadn't heard about Felix.

Any deets on Mighty Mouse and Tom Terrific?

by Anonymousreply 503July 22, 2018 2:33 AM

No, R483.

It's Goldberg-Giuliano

by Anonymousreply 504July 22, 2018 2:53 AM

I can only speak for Elmer Fudd, he's a rich old queen with a plushie fetish.

by Anonymousreply 505July 22, 2018 2:55 AM

Meg's 'Revenge Dress' will be along these lines, r497.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506July 22, 2018 2:59 AM

In Hello magazine and the Daily Fail they have had Harry and Sparkle moving into a renovated 21 room apartment in Kensington Palace (near Wills and Kate). I'm not sure which one it is supposed to be, maybe Margo's old digs?

by Anonymousreply 507July 22, 2018 2:59 AM

Sorry, Hello mag article at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508July 22, 2018 3:01 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509July 22, 2018 3:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510July 22, 2018 3:09 AM

R510 you lost me.

by Anonymousreply 511July 22, 2018 3:25 AM

I think r510 is referring to Megan's desire to wear a tuxedo on the Australian tour, like Diana once did, r511. According to the DM, Harry has told her she can't. See the posts above yours.

by Anonymousreply 512July 22, 2018 3:32 AM

Even now, Kate & Will are ordering locks and bolts and alarm systems on all the possible connecting doors, hallways, etc between their apartment and the proposed apartment for Harry and gossip leaking Sparkle. Sound proofing and electronic protection against surveillance.

by Anonymousreply 513July 22, 2018 3:35 AM

Yeah, I saw those posts earlier, 512, I still didn't get the little boy with the laptop in the too-big suit but now I do. Thank you.

If she did it right she could look something like this without the waist of course:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514July 22, 2018 3:38 AM

I want microphones to record the accidental encounters of Megan and Kate in the hallway outside their apartments.

by Anonymousreply 515July 22, 2018 3:41 AM

R515, until Harry divorces her Kate will be the soul of sisterly kindness. Of course she's terribly busy raising her children and preparing to be Queen Consort so her time is limited.

by Anonymousreply 516July 22, 2018 3:46 AM

Good idea, r516.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517July 22, 2018 3:57 AM

Meant, r515.

by Anonymousreply 518July 22, 2018 3:59 AM

Yeah, that didn’t make much sense. I was looking for an oversized tux — the tuxedo equivalent of the Oscar de la Renta monstrosity — but I couldn’t find anything.

I’m hoping for dragging trousers and a giant tux jacket worn with just a black lace bra, white collar, and bow tie. Very Chippendales!

by Anonymousreply 519July 22, 2018 4:21 AM

I think you're on to something, R519, how about this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520July 22, 2018 4:33 AM

Megan honours The Royal Navy during a Fleet Review.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521July 22, 2018 4:47 AM

Meghan shows her commitment to the poor by living as a hobo for an entire morning teaching them flower arranging.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522July 22, 2018 5:07 AM

To be fair, as a short, slim woman she looks her best in slim trousers or knee-length pencil skirts. Almost everything else seems out of proportion for her. But it looks like she isn't allowed to wear those often in her official role.

by Anonymousreply 523July 22, 2018 5:34 AM

Nothing wrong with being slender, and short, r523. She just happens to have ultra boney legs and a square torso like Spongebob. And is TOTALLY clueless on how to dress herself.

by Anonymousreply 524July 22, 2018 5:40 AM

A common piece of imagery in the works of Shakespeare is that of the character whose clothes are too big or ill fitting. It is usually meant to suggest that the character has assumed a status or position for which the character is not suited. It's very prominent in MacBeth where there are many references to his clothes being to large for him. Remember that MacBeth has gained the Crown through deceit and murder; he isn't actually fit to be King.

It's ironic that Megan often wears clothes that are too big for her. How very Shakespearean of the little thespian.

by Anonymousreply 525July 22, 2018 7:19 AM

^ Too large, not to large. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 526July 22, 2018 7:25 AM

Harry's looks have really gone down recently, no wonder he rushed to the altar.

by Anonymousreply 527July 22, 2018 8:44 AM

Noticed the same thing, r527. He looks awful - grooming and clothes. And his demeanour in some photos, he looks downright sulllen.

by Anonymousreply 528July 22, 2018 1:39 PM

R521 - Mary Martin as Nellie Forbush in the original production of "South Pacific" - how apropos on so many levels . . .!

by Anonymousreply 529July 22, 2018 1:56 PM

I didn't realize Harry is only 33. Meghan turns 37 shortly. At that age, females can sometimes be a bit more 'mature' or pehaps, better stated, have more defined priorities in terms of family goals (i.e, biological clock) Maybe marriage for Harry is a shock to the system havng to adapt to all the implications this entails and addressing Meghan's purported stated desire to start a family asap.

William just turned 36 - he would have been "age appropriate' for Megs (were he available and interested). As people age, their age seems less and less of an issue but it seems looking back on my life, a 33 year old can be somewhat different (or in a different space) to a 37 year old especially if you are dealing with male and females. (Kate is 36).

Gross generalization and anectodal, of course.

by Anonymousreply 530July 22, 2018 2:13 PM

Harry definitely looks like he is having second thoughts. Although he wouldn't want Wills' responsibilities, he hasn't liked being 'less than' in so many ways. Now he has married a woman who has brought him and the RF into disrepute and made him a bit of a laughingstock. If she were a bit younger, he might want to hold off on creating a permanent tie with her via a child.

Harry's thought balloon - 'Hmm...this is definitely not going to plan..'

by Anonymousreply 531July 22, 2018 2:20 PM

A 33 year male - one would think - would, in an ideal world, defer kids for another 5 or however many years and enjoy his 30s by finding himself, growing into a more mature, experienced adult etc. Harry does not have that luxury. In 5 years, his wife will be 42. Harry has none of the reproductive driving imperatives facing his older brother so he could have cruised for another 5 years at least, taken his time, dated his future wife for 3 or 4 years, then popped the question in his own good time.

This marriage seems and has been hurried, fast-tracked. Meghan wasn't even the 'girl next door' - It was long distance the entire time. I'll bet his head is spinning seeing as the situation is being conducted on the world stage and his 'hit the ground running" argument seems like some disingenuous cliche cooked up by Meghan to advance her cause or plead her case.

And they want to bring kids into this??

by Anonymousreply 532July 22, 2018 2:39 PM

anecdotal.

by Anonymousreply 533July 22, 2018 2:43 PM

Why did he marry her?!

by Anonymousreply 534July 22, 2018 2:43 PM

Maybe because she announced their "engagement" in her VF interview, leaving him in the awkward position of either following through or dumping her publicly.

by Anonymousreply 535July 22, 2018 2:47 PM

R535 - Yes - both the VF cover article and the fall 2016 threats to the British press were intended to ensure that the public understood that this was "serious" and therefore put Harry in a very difficult position. Oddly, the same position his father was placed in when public and press pressure made it difficult for him to dump Diana despite many misgivings.

I remember reading the end of the VF article and seeing that sentence, "I'm sure the day will come when we have to present ourselves as a couple and tell our story, but this is our time . . ." and thinking, gurl has the balls of the proverbial brass primate. Not just because she virtually announced that they were going to be married before he even proposed, but because talking to the press about a relationship with one of the royal princes is strictly verboten.

And she got away with it.

by Anonymousreply 536July 22, 2018 2:53 PM

It's worth watching this interview again, r534. Knowing what we know now, there are so many red flags. When the word "whirlwind" comes up, Harry looks down. LOL!! Meghan - Harry laments - wouldn't even let him finish his marriage proposal. LOL! They both look nervous, not at all relaxed despite the laughter, giggles, and frivolity. And the crowning response that they can't reveal who introduced them. REALLY? Was it Vladimir Putin??? Lame.

He was rushed into it. No wonder he looks like he was hit by a freight train in some photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537July 22, 2018 2:54 PM

Oh, Harry could have handled it even after the Vanity Fair article.

All he had to do was disappear. Ghost her as she herself has ghosted so many.

Close the Palace gates. No comment. Just no Harry.

What could she have done?

Everyone knows that you don't talk about the RF to the press. When queried, the PR folks could have replied with some weasel words.

I'm sure, if he asked, he could have gotten good advice as to how to handle that situation.

Story I read early on was that no one in the RF even knew about the relationship. Even his brother.

I wonder whose idea that was.

by Anonymousreply 538July 22, 2018 2:59 PM

I think once again Harry was disadvantaged by his stupidity. And then he just got caught up in the excitement of it all. I wonder what she told him about her family...obviously he believed he and the RF would be rescuing her from them, and the damsel in distress feature was probably part of the romance for him.

by Anonymousreply 539July 22, 2018 3:03 PM

Had he done that, r538, he could have saved himself a world of trouble. Just ghosting her would have given him time for sober reflection. He didn't even see the red flags on a personal level.

by Anonymousreply 540July 22, 2018 3:04 PM

They (she) kept it quiet from Harry's family because she needed time to hook him - without interference, r538.

by Anonymousreply 541July 22, 2018 3:13 PM

Agree, R539.

by Anonymousreply 542July 22, 2018 3:13 PM

>>> but because talking to the press about a relationship with one of the royal princes is strictly verboten.

That is what is so great about this crazy American family! They don't know the rules and when they learn them, they just dismiss them as ridiculous.

Why shouldn't I cross my legs? Why shouldn't I have bare legs in summer? Why shouldn't I tell my side of the story?

The BRF hasn't been so riveting since toe-sucking and tampongate.

by Anonymousreply 543July 22, 2018 3:16 PM

Meghan also cleverly played into Harry's deep grief for his mother. Words he uttered "no child should have been forced to walk behind his mother's coffin in front of millions of people" was pure Meghan. Pure. Unadulterated. Meghan. Markle.

He fell for it.

by Anonymousreply 544July 22, 2018 3:18 PM

And to think, as the song goes......'We've Only Just Begun', R543. LOL!!

by Anonymousreply 545July 22, 2018 3:21 PM

R544 - in fairness, Carole Middleton did the same thing - mothering poor motherless William, cooking up Sunday roasts in their jolly, close-knit family home in leafy Bucklebury. For Carole's Sunday roasts, substitute Meghan's roast chicken, and for the Middleton's (genuine, if it comes to it) Happy Families weekends, substitute cosy weekends in Meghan's little middle-class house on a nice street in Toronto. Carole M. and Megs knew just what these boys needed: mothering, family, playacting at middle-class life without servants, with, of course, a bit of sex thrown in (Carole had Kate for that, Megs had to play both roles).

But the irony is, all both women wanted was IN to the golden circle of privilege, status, greater wealth, and those servants and chauffeurs, etc.

But Kate has done a better job of providing the promised family stuff for William, with Carole still hovering in the background.

Megs is still in the Lemme At Prada! stage.

by Anonymousreply 546July 22, 2018 3:25 PM

Whether Harry is ready or not for kids, all this psychobabble about he looks sullen, she rushed him into this, etc., is not going to matter. If they're having sex without protection, she's going to get pregnant ready or not. If so, the dysfunction has a good chance of continuing.

by Anonymousreply 547July 22, 2018 3:34 PM

Agree, r546 but Carole engineered it so exquisitely - St. Andrews University enabling Kate to gain entree into Will's social circle, live together while studying, breaking up, getting back together again. Far riskier but Carole achieved her goal because she adapted to Will's environment - he had too many protectors around him so she had to navigate the shoals with utmost patience.

Harry seems devoid of that layer of protection and that weak spot was Meg's entree into the inner sanctum.

by Anonymousreply 548July 22, 2018 3:35 PM

And it will, r547. Hope he enjoy the ride.

by Anonymousreply 549July 22, 2018 3:36 PM

enjoys

by Anonymousreply 550July 22, 2018 3:36 PM

Even though a fair bit of mud was slung at the Middletons at the beginning, their behaviour has been pure class. No scandal, no drama and no interviews. They look the part to perfection. Kate herself never gave a single interview, and to this day, has never made a controversial statement. The irrepressible Markles take indiscretion to a hitherto unimagined level.

Although yachting and B grade acting roles may not be the greatest of careers, Meghan had a real life and real career before Harry. I think she struggles with the loss. Bagging Wills was Kate's career before her marriage and being the ideal royal wife and mother has been her career since, in considerable luxury, of course. She has completed her family, solidified her position, and is looking forward to her next step up when geriatric Charles takes the throne.

by Anonymousreply 551July 22, 2018 3:37 PM

From a practical standpoint, do you think Meghan was heading from D-List on a little known show in Canada to A-List Hollywood, r551? At the age of 37? Don't think so. Her 'real career' was used as a stepping stone to marrying up.

by Anonymousreply 552July 22, 2018 3:50 PM

R547, R548, R549, R551 - agree on all counts. Except that I would rate Sparkle's career as no higher than C-list. That Suits role, which was a secondary character on a non-network show out of Toronto, not Hollywood, was the only real acting job she ever had, and at 36 she knew she'd be aging out of those roles quickly.

As cornered as Harry is, I suspect Sparkle has underrated the Windsors and their power to make life miserable and people go away. In that sense, she reminds me of Henry James's Daily Miller - one of his great themes was Americans abroad who didn't understand how things work in Europe. For that matter, Fran Dodsworth in Sinclair Lewis's "Dodsworth" comes to similar grief when she sets out to conquer Europe's aristo society and finds out how very American she is.

Can I pause a moment here to mention Ruth Chatterton's portrayal of Fran Dodsworth in the excellent film version of the novel?

by Anonymousreply 553July 22, 2018 3:51 PM

I think MM was headed toward some strategic yachting to launch her into marriage to a wealthy guy.

Hmm...according to some rumours, that is just what she did.

by Anonymousreply 554July 22, 2018 3:56 PM

R547, R548, R549, R551, R552 - agree on most points, except that I too would rate Sparkle's career as far lower than B-List, as mentioned.

Sometimes I wonder if Sparkle has underestimated the Windsors and their quiet power to make lives miserable and people go away when it finally matters enough to them to do so. She think that wedding ring and title insulates her: it won't, just as it didn't for Diana and Fergie. After the Morton book, it was the Queen who told the couple they had to divorce; Diana didn't want the divorce.

Sparkle reminds me a bit of Henry Miller's Daily Miller - one of his themes was the innocent American who didn't understand how things worked in Europe's social circles. Ditto Fran Dodsworth, another American with dreams of European aristo success, but coming to grief when coming into contact with the real thing, and how American she was and was viewed as, only too late for redemption.

May I pause here to pay tribute to Ruth Chatterton's fantastic, brittle portrayal of Fran Dodsworth in the excellent film made of Sinclair Lewis's novel.

by Anonymousreply 555July 22, 2018 3:59 PM

I have tried twice to post responses to those above and I do not know why they are coming up blank, so here is a third try.

I agree with most of the comments above, and would also rate Sparkle's career at C at best.

I wonder if Sparkle, like Henry James's Daily Miller, has underestimated the Windsors and their ability, when it becomes necessary at last, to make people's lives miserable and get rid of them. She may think the ring and title and a kid or two will insulate her, but they won't, just as they didn't Diana who was far higher up the food chain than Sparkle. One of James's themes was the blindered innocence of Americans compare to the Byzantine working of European society. Ditto Fran Dodsworth in Sinclair Lewis's novel. Sparkle had better watch herself with these people. They aren't her father and half-sisiter.

Just a moment, though, to pay tribute to Ruth Chatterton's wonderfully brittle performance as the ill-fated Fran Dodsworth in the excellent film of the novel.

by Anonymousreply 556July 22, 2018 4:04 PM

*compared to

R556

by Anonymousreply 557July 22, 2018 4:06 PM

I'm not a "yachting expert" but I get the sense that this trade - or the market demand - favours women (and men) in their early 20s to mid 20s beauties - As in real beauties, r554. Megs is no supermodel, aging out and reeks of desperation. NOT attractive to billionaires.

by Anonymousreply 558July 22, 2018 4:08 PM

The Middletons may have had William for Sunday dinners, but those dinners were very real. They were not invented just for him. The Middleton close family was just that. And that closed family would have remained that even if William had bypassed Kate.

And some people on this board are delusional if you think the only girl who went to St Andrews because William went there was Kate. I'm sure lots and lots of girls had exactly the same idea. And I'm equally sure that William was well aware of that.

Whatever machinations were planned by Carole, it was always William who made the choice and could have walked away at any point.

Did Kate's family unit play a role in his choice? Why not?

Isn't "meeting the family" an important event in any "courtship"?

And, given how long William and Kate knew each other before they got married, this whole "Carole the plotter" scenario becomes more and more pointless. William was free as a bird, with girls throwing themselves at him, I'm sure.

Unless Carole has some unknown skill at long term hypnosis, William was free to choose another any time at all.

by Anonymousreply 559July 22, 2018 4:09 PM

She was C-list. Most people hadn’t heard of her or seen the show. B-list has name recognition, but not a star or lead.

by Anonymousreply 560July 22, 2018 4:10 PM

R559 - fair points. St. Andrews, by the way, is very highly rated university, but it also has a reputation as a place where the upper classes meet and mate, so, yes, you are correct: Kate wasn't the only girl there who selected the school because William (and a host of other aristos) were also there.

William strikes me as less confused than Harry. Perhaps because his role was so much more clearly delineated and his needs in a wife and future Queen Consort. The Spare may be freer, but if he still has to function with the royal framework, he is also somewhat neither fish nor fowl and has to craft his own identity. Hence the military career Harry wanted.

I still think Harry's biggest mistake was not so much marrying Sparkle, but not freeing himself from the Firm when he could have, and/or sticking with a military career. I think the latter is all that really mattered to him.

by Anonymousreply 561July 22, 2018 4:15 PM

I'm Cnadian and had never heard of Suits or Meghan Markle. Read similar comments from other Canadians on DL on this and other threads.

by Anonymousreply 562July 22, 2018 4:15 PM

What r559 said.

Also, I remember receiving the issue of the now DoS Vanity Fair cover story and I took it as a given that they were heading for engagement because I don't believe Harry didn't know, preliminarily and WITH his approval, about the Vanity Fair story.

by Anonymousreply 563July 22, 2018 4:21 PM

What r559 said.

Also, I remember receiving the issue of the now DoS Vanity Fair cover story and I took it as a given that they were heading for engagement because I don't believe Harry didn't know, preliminarily and WITH his approval, about the Vanity Fair story.

by Anonymousreply 564July 22, 2018 4:21 PM

R564 - Harry knew as well as anyone else the rules about discussing relationships with members of the family in the press. He would have known how this would look to his family. He may have enjoyed the idea of his girlfriend suddenly looking like an A-lister on the cover of VF, or thought he was doing her a favour by encouraging her, but a virtual announcement of their engagement? I doubt it. I think she blindsided him with that one.

by Anonymousreply 565July 22, 2018 4:25 PM

Bet the courtiers loved reading the Vanity Fair article over tea, r564. 'Oh here we go, chaps did we receive a circular announcing Prince Harry's engagement? Anyone?"

by Anonymousreply 566July 22, 2018 4:27 PM

She “put Harry in a difficult position”? She did this to him, she did that to him, blah blah blah. Even though she’s an easy target, Sparkle isn’t the problem—Harry is.

I’m the first to admit that Sparkle is a grifter. However, as dumb as Harry is, on some level, he’s not stupid enough to believe this woman is, in any way, shape or form a suitable wife. But that was the point of choosing her—in addition to being a big F U to the family that destroyed its mother, it’s easier to weasel out of a marriage with a nut job (especially when, like Harry, you’re in the public eye). He knows the media and the public will blame it all on her, while Harry comes off as the victim. Then he’s free to continue his womanizing, partying ways, all while telling himself (and the media) that he’s just “unlucky in love” and (because of his disastrous first marriage) gun shy about making another commitment.

Because despite what he tells the media, he does NOT want to settle down. Note how he sabotaged the two relationships he had with women of similar backgrounds—cheating constantly on his “true love” Chelsy, and then leaking those Vegas photos when engagement rumors swirled around him and Cressida. (Even if he didn’t leak them himself, his carelessness in partying with a bunch of iPhone-toting strangers in Vegas was bound to have disastrous consequences).

by Anonymousreply 567July 22, 2018 4:34 PM

Yeah, but I can't give Haz much intellectual credit beyond being able to put his left leg in his pants' left leg, r567. Beyond that, it's a real crap shoot.

by Anonymousreply 568July 22, 2018 4:38 PM

Apologies to all for the triple posts - they each came up as "anonymous" with no text, and the first one got a "Sorry, unable to create post" message, so I kept trying, and there they all are, like the Wicked Witch under the house.

R556

by Anonymousreply 569July 22, 2018 4:48 PM

R567 - all right, I'll stipulate to all that about Harry.

by Anonymousreply 570July 22, 2018 4:49 PM

Sorry, R567, that is pretty far-fetched. I doubt if Harry got married so he could get out of being married and enjoy his wild single life in peace. If (when) he bails on this train wreck, he will inevitably look like an even bigger loser and failure than he already does.

by Anonymousreply 571July 22, 2018 5:56 PM

Both of Diana's boys started out gorgeous and when they hit the wall they hit it fast. I've seen a lot of Diana stuff recently and I was feeling sad about her but then the Datalounge cheered me up. Someone posted that famous photograph of her in the "revenge" dress, looking like a million bucks with charisma to burn. Fabulous. And very not sad. Wait, what? Oh my god, now I'm talking like the Orange Oaf in the Oval.

I'm concerned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572July 22, 2018 5:58 PM

I was watching the Netflix show the Windsors and I think Harry is portrayed pretty accurately. He’s just dumber than a box of bricks

by Anonymousreply 573July 22, 2018 6:17 PM

Depends on how he does it, the split that is, if it were to come to that, r571. If he were to 'man up', and publicly express deep love and affection for Meghan, her courage, etc etc and how he will always admire her for her accomplishments, her 'humanitarianism', selflessness, her basic decency (all fiction but it is what it is) - then he could come out of this smelling like roses. Maybe.

Depends on the timing, his approach, and KP strategy to quell her reaction and to entice her to go along with "the official statement."

I don't think Harry is anywhere near that. This will drag on for years - with kids in the mix. And future massive pay-outs to her when it does end.

by Anonymousreply 574July 22, 2018 6:18 PM

Meghan is perfect for Harry. It’s almost uncanny how they fit together: he wouldn’t be interested in her if she was any different than she is, and she wouldn’t be willing to put up with him if he weren’t who he is. The funny thing, it had been pure luck, a powerful bolt of serendipity that brought them together, but I suspect the way Meghan sees it, it was her genius social engineering skills that got her where she is now, which totally went to her head. Which means this will be the best soap opera to watch in the next decade.

by Anonymousreply 575July 22, 2018 6:39 PM

r575 = Sarah Ferguson

by Anonymousreply 576July 22, 2018 6:43 PM

If any of this speculation turns out to be close to the facts, that would mean that they both woke up to their mutual mistake within 2 months of the wedding. Might be some kind of record. Oh, wait--not in that family.

by Anonymousreply 577July 22, 2018 6:44 PM

I also love The Windsors' send up of Harry, r573.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578July 22, 2018 6:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579July 22, 2018 7:13 PM

He's a dim bulb. She played him like a fiddle and he will pay dearly for it. She'll buy some time with a baby but this will not end well. Marry in haste, repent at leisure.

by Anonymousreply 580July 22, 2018 8:00 PM

Harry and Meg's visit will include the Invictus Games in Sydney in late October. They will also go to New Zealand, Fiji and Tonga.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581July 22, 2018 10:33 PM

Are they going by freighter?

Given how many designer outfits she took for 2 days in Ireland, only a freighter could handle her duds for the trip Down Under.

by Anonymousreply 582July 22, 2018 10:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583July 23, 2018 12:16 AM

R583 - God, Cressida is so naturally pretty and so much more in the "mold".

Harry did her a favour: the man she has been seeing for the last couple of years is gorgeous, and she's quietly pursuing her stage career.

This may have come up before, but the Middletons were dead set against Cressida, because of William's brief infatuation with her half-sister, Isabella Calthorpe, and because Cressida was very much the authentic English Rose type that Kate aspired to be but really isn't (not to mention ten years younger).

I wonder if they "interfered" in any way, and after the revelations of who Harry was really likely to marry, wished they hadn't. It's likely that Bonas, however pretty, blonde, and well=-born, would have known enough not to do the outrageous couture shit and suck all the air out of the room the way Sparkle clearly enjoys doing.

by Anonymousreply 584July 23, 2018 12:34 AM

Well, not quite ten years younger, 7 years younger.

R584

by Anonymousreply 585July 23, 2018 12:37 AM

R567 that fantasy is bizarre. Truly bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 586July 23, 2018 1:35 AM

Meghan has been the spoiled baby but that's Harry's role and she will grow tired of being his mother.

by Anonymousreply 587July 23, 2018 2:20 AM

How could Middletons interfere, R584? Especially since there are only two Middletons that matter. They could try to poison William against her, but he has known Cressida for ages and she’s a part of his inner circle being friends with one of the Yorkies. The only thing that comes to mind is that incident with Kate allegedly telling Cressida that Harry is going to cheat and she has to be okay with that, but looking at the bigger picture, if she really did do that, it’s an act of kindness. Harry IS likely to cheat on whoever he marries, and she better be okay with that, or it’s going to end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 588July 23, 2018 2:28 AM

Some of you spend WAY too much time thinking about these people and coming up with "theories."

by Anonymousreply 589July 23, 2018 2:33 AM

The BRF was so dysfunctional and incredibly entertaining in the 80s and 90s with Fergs' antics and Diana and Charles' cheating dramas. It seems that with Megs, we're slightly re-visiting that era, r589. That might explain the 'obsessive-like' interest, plus Harry is so hot-headed, and impulsive, you don't know what he's liable to do next.

The real comedic value is Megs herself - this supposed "hot and sexy' actress - who can't properly style herself if her life depended on it.

by Anonymousreply 590July 23, 2018 2:59 AM

When Kensington Palace released that statement about the press' treatment of MM, I knew that Harry and MM would marry. That Vanity Fair interview that she did was Palace approved. Harry was not conned, per say. MM is very shrewd, but it is very obvious from Harry and MM's body language that he loves her more than he loved the others.

He said that he knew she was the one the minute he laid eyes on her or something like that. That is usually how men with lots of choices when it comes to women and lots of financial resources react upon meeting "the one." MM was the right beautiful girl at the right time.

MM and Harry have a lot in common. They are both children of an acrimonious divorce and they both had to deal with having an emotionally needy parent.

MM's interactions with Catherine at Wimbledon were interesting. I don't see them becoming friends like Diana and Fergie. Catherine seemed to have no real interest in MM, her ridiculous trousers, or that awkward fedora.

by Anonymousreply 591July 23, 2018 3:44 AM

I don't know what Kate thought when she first spied Megs in those awful white trousers - minutes bfore the rest of the world would see Megs. But Kate put on a dignified act like nothing was wrong. That entire look from top to bottom was hilarious including the tendrils.

If Harry can't see the botched up show that Megs is presenting before the public, he's dumber than we suspected. London is no backwater. There is wealth beyond the imagination in that country, designers who cater to the tastes of billionaires and yet.....Meghan seems adrift, out of step with the vibe she is supposed to embody. On top of it, she's spending like a drunken sailor yet she doesn't have much to show for all the investment.

by Anonymousreply 592July 23, 2018 4:22 AM

Meghan's hair is also proving to be a distracton. She can't seem to grasp that dignitaries don't want to see royalty brushing their hair off their face every 2 seconds. Meghan's entrance at Wimbledon was horrible - there's a tape of her entering the premises and doing nothing but brushing her tendrils, so she could see straight enough to walk and greet the hosts. You can spot the hair tussle going on in the first few seconds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593July 23, 2018 4:41 AM

The not so grand entrance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594July 23, 2018 4:43 AM

Agree r375.

by Anonymousreply 595July 23, 2018 4:55 AM

Thanks, r86.

by Anonymousreply 596July 23, 2018 4:58 AM

Aerial shot of Anmer Hall, r501. Looks even bigger than their KP digs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597July 23, 2018 5:01 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598July 23, 2018 5:06 AM

The tendrils.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599July 23, 2018 5:16 AM

Meghan's 'style' - Even the hair seemed to detract.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600July 23, 2018 5:23 AM

They looked weirdly ill matched in this series of photos, taken on a key occassion and with a planned meeting with world press and photographers. He looks immaculate. It's been all about her grooming problem from day one.

by Anonymousreply 601July 23, 2018 5:31 AM

New Thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602July 23, 2018 5:33 AM

Yikes, more family drama. IME, no one from a family like this is likely to be normal and well adjusted. Meg might be putting a better face forward at the moment but these are really trashy people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 603July 23, 2018 12:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!