Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

ROBERT WOLDERS.DEAD

i always wondered about this guy. Merle oberon left her husband of 15yrs to marry him, he was 25yrs younger than her and he stopped working as actor. but then he was with her for few years, she died. then he goes with audrey hepburn. she dies. leslie caron was only one who got out alive. oh then shirly fonda... guess he was like a gigolo.? or he just liked older actresses?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 16, 2018 12:15 AM

looks hot here. bet he was well hung

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 14, 2018 1:19 AM

Twee.

by Anonymousreply 2July 14, 2018 1:21 AM

Except for the Wikipedia I can't find anything on his death and Wiki just says July 2018.

by Anonymousreply 3July 14, 2018 1:26 AM

He is Dutch. They come with ENORMOUS cocks. He was a very suave live live in walker in his prime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 14, 2018 1:27 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 14, 2018 1:28 AM

Silver fox: he aged well. I hadn't seen him before, but he's a little like Terence Stamp here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 14, 2018 1:28 AM

I"m calling bullshit on this. Anyone can edit Wiki.

by Anonymousreply 7July 14, 2018 1:28 AM

He was hot back in the 1960s in Laredo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 14, 2018 1:29 AM

I see ZERO news online of his death.

by Anonymousreply 9July 14, 2018 1:30 AM

I recall he was Audrey Hepburn's lover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 14, 2018 1:31 AM

[quote] He was a very suave live live in walker

Live live?

by Anonymousreply 11July 14, 2018 1:34 AM

oops SORRY

by Anonymousreply 12July 14, 2018 1:37 AM

Yes, he was a gigolo. Going to Merle Oberon to Audrey Hepburn and apparently to Henry Fonda's widow. He searched out the wealthy ladies and they fell for him like a ton of bricks.

Being an aging gigolo pays a lot more than being a aging actor.

by Anonymousreply 13July 14, 2018 1:39 AM

It just happened i guess? for those of you interested.... i am , i like to keep track of celebrities who died......there is a facebook sight called LAURA WAGNER for some reason she knows EVERYBODY and daily she posts of anyone i the world who is a celebrity who died. the reason i found her is one day i got a notice from her site that this very hot c list actor stunt man had died. and from there i was hooked,. the HOTTEST MAN still alive is william smith. when he dies my heart will be forever broken. i just cannot bear to look at his recent pictures. i have been in love with him since i was just a budding little homo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 14, 2018 1:40 AM

Loved him on the Mary Tyler Moore show as the handsome ski instructor --- great episode - a astute exercise in how others react to good looks ( and not so good looks in the final scene)

by Anonymousreply 15July 14, 2018 1:41 AM

william smith packin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 14, 2018 1:41 AM

william smith .........BEING MEAN

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 14, 2018 1:43 AM

r15 That was great comedic writing. Just that little end part where Mary asks the guy about if he wants dessert. Excellent.

by Anonymousreply 18July 14, 2018 1:44 AM

Right R14. It just happened and the first thing someone does is go to wiki and list July 2018 his death. I'm still calling bullshit on this.

by Anonymousreply 19July 14, 2018 1:46 AM

Robert Wolders and Shirlee Fonda. He also dated Leslie Caron after Audrey died.

He only married once, Merle Oberon, for 4 years until she died. Never had any children. And quit his acting career after he married Merle.

He may very well have been a closet case who preyed on older women for money and security.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 14, 2018 1:52 AM

R19. you might want to get your little block wand ready. guess i am guessing you are one of the little bitches on this site that just always have to through your little girl attitude out there......listen. this is OP stop being an idiot. if i was going to pull off a BIG DEATH CAPER on datalounge on a friday afternoon dont you think i might try with someone a little better known than robert wolders? dont reply. dont explain. because i already know i cant stand little twats like you so nothing you say or do will ever change that. just block me cause thats what you bitches do and go back to your britney spears coloring book.....

by Anonymousreply 21July 14, 2018 1:53 AM

I don't block people you little fucker R21. I'm not the only one that has questioned why the only info is from wiki.

by Anonymousreply 22July 14, 2018 2:00 AM

“Hepburn died of cancer when she was 63 years old and had been in a long-term relationship with Dutch actor Robert Wolders at the time of her death. In her will, she only left Wolders two silver candlesticks which were worth about 500 CHF (Swiss Francs) at the time.”

by Anonymousreply 23July 14, 2018 2:02 AM

That's class, R23, and I bet they both agreed on what she was leaving him.

by Anonymousreply 24July 14, 2018 2:04 AM

he had years of retainers from Audrey. He didn't spend it keeping up Tolochenaz.

by Anonymousreply 25July 14, 2018 2:21 AM

Clearly he murdered them all.

by Anonymousreply 26July 14, 2018 2:22 AM

He was memorialized on Hepburn charity foundation's twitter feed a few hours ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 14, 2018 2:37 AM

That picture looks twee.

by Anonymousreply 28July 14, 2018 2:41 AM

He aged well but he was beyond gorgeous in his youth. There's a reason all those beautiful glamorous women took him on. The photos here don't really do the younger Wolders justice.

by Anonymousreply 29July 14, 2018 2:47 AM

Wolders smolders.

by Anonymousreply 30July 14, 2018 2:47 AM

Mimsy & Mumsy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 14, 2018 2:48 AM

He was always a very handsome man, but Audrey didn't marry him for good reason. He was a gigolo and she new it, so while she loved him his role was clearly defined. He was on the payroll

He was never really respected as her equal, but he was so pretty, cultured and seemed to be very nice that most people liked him I think its likely he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 32July 14, 2018 3:28 PM

F&F for fake news.

by Anonymousreply 33July 14, 2018 4:15 PM

thanks R32. i think you are probably right in this case. he was like a "walker" very classy and a man who these women could go out with and appear as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 34July 14, 2018 7:26 PM

Walkers will soon be extinct.

by Anonymousreply 35July 14, 2018 9:38 PM

What was that, R33?

by Anonymousreply 36July 16, 2018 12:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!