Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Your weekly Jessica Lange thread.

Interesting fact: Although Jessica Lange is a compelling cigarette smoker on screen in the vein of actresses from the Golden Age of Hollywood, which has led many to associate her performances with smoking, she only smokes in two of her six Oscar nominated film performances. Also, the two films/performances (Tootsie and Blue Sky) she did win for, she didn't smoke.

Brought to you by -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 27, 2018 9:42 AM

She's so underrated in Tootsie. Her performance in that film has aged so beautifully. The more years go by, the more I relate more and more to her character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 3, 2018 2:35 AM

Lange smoking is everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 3, 2018 2:50 AM

I feel so sorry for the pathetic DL posters whose entire lives are LITERALLY all about Jessica Lange, or Janet Jackson, or Lucille Ball, or "The Golden Girls," or Armie Hammer, or Colton Haynes, or Timothee, or on and on and on.

It's been a hoary cliche for 30-40 years now, but honest to God . . .

by Anonymousreply 3July 3, 2018 3:01 AM

R3 Oh, doll. The fact that you are so categorically aware of each and everyone of the DL's trolls makes you more pathetic than them.

I mean, seriously, what do you do with your time, dear? Obsess over others who are obsessed? lol.

by Anonymousreply 4July 3, 2018 8:49 PM

B!tch, why did you leave Twitter?

I was just about to write you that I'm watching Frances again, and I am devestated.

by Anonymousreply 5July 13, 2018 11:09 AM

Oh please. No one associates her with smoking

by Anonymousreply 6July 13, 2018 12:29 PM

She's hideous, personally. Can't act, either.

Just fucked a lot of famous men for publicity.

by Anonymousreply 7July 13, 2018 2:09 PM

Love her!

by Anonymousreply 8July 13, 2018 2:56 PM

How blind can you be to say that Lange can't act? Have you seen Frances? Blue Sky? Men Don't Leave? Sweet Dreams? The woman can act. She reaches down into the pit of the soul of her characters and summons every last emotion. Can't act? Open your eyes.

"I feel so sorry for the pathetic DL posters." I feel sorry for people who are dying and battling debilitating conditions and diseases.

Each to their own I guess!

by Anonymousreply 9July 13, 2018 10:44 PM

Photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2018 11:19 AM

I was sure I cancelled my paid subscription to this weekly non-event.

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2018 11:32 AM

To R11,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2018 7:08 AM

[quote]Jessica Lange is a compelling cigarette smoker on screen

Is Jess making films again?

by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2018 7:11 AM

men do leave

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2018 7:36 AM

Does she smoke in 'real life'?

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2018 7:50 AM

I'm bumping this because I want an answer! Does Jessica Lange smoke in 'real life'?

by Anonymousreply 16July 27, 2018 8:47 AM

Why don't you ASK HER ???

by Anonymousreply 17July 27, 2018 9:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!