Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

* Justice Kennedy's Son * Deutschebank * Trump * Crooked paths

Crooked, crooked....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 2, 2018 4:34 PM

What does it says, briefly? The twitter is not loading.

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2018 2:45 PM

oookay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2018 2:49 PM

I don't care about what Kennedy or his son did but the post below it with Manafort's money laundering with Russia and Trump is really interesting.

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2018 2:51 PM

It says Justice Kennedy's son working at Deutsche Bank, was involved in money laundering for Russians, and influenced his father in his ruling on Citizens United because of that.

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2018 2:51 PM

Ok, thanks, R4.

Too bad there aren't any journalists in the US. They could look into that.

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2018 2:54 PM

Sounds like a major conflict of interest to me!

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2018 3:08 PM

What's a billion dollars between friends, nothing to see here, right r2?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2018 3:15 PM

Hmmmmm......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2018 3:33 PM

Jared, you in danger, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2018 3:58 PM

Not just one bad apple friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2018 4:00 PM

The government and Supreme Court have to start over. Everyone is fired!

by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2018 4:00 PM

Question is, are Americans going to get angry enough to do anything?

by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2018 4:04 PM

Btw OP you beat me by seconds. I just read this on Garland's feed.

by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2018 4:04 PM

How did things get this bad without us realizing? This shit has to have been going on for years.

by Anonymousreply 14June 29, 2018 4:10 PM

R13 there are week long protests starting tomorrow about immigration/supreme ct.

There's a nation wide protest planned for July 18 and Sen Chris Murphy is organizing a push back of no nominations until after mid terms.

Check move on. Org, ACLU, and Rep jayapals websites for more info.

Thank you for this thread and info. I was in dispair last night. Now i feel angry.

by Anonymousreply 15June 29, 2018 4:18 PM

This stinks really bad.

by Anonymousreply 16June 29, 2018 4:19 PM

[quote]Question is, are Americans going to get angry enough to do anything?

Allow me to show you something: Below is a picture of a protest held in 2008 in South Korea. Over what? The govt was going to allow US beef to be imported. Look how the people came out because they know US (corn-fed) beef is garbage. And the govt backed down.

You think Americans who watch our water get poisoned, our food becoming worse, our entire foreign policy becoming even more warmongering, will do ANYTHING when other countries' people are willing to go to the street over ONE product potentially being importer? We're a shit country, full of shit, lazy people who only get energized to go on shooting rampages or wait in line for an iphone or new Star Wars movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 29, 2018 4:29 PM

imported*

by Anonymousreply 18June 29, 2018 4:30 PM

The son was instrumental in the Billion dollar loan from Deutch Bank - when no one else would lend Trump money. Which makes him complicit. And Trump could use as a chip with the Justice when he needed it. Basically, Trump has bullied or blackmailed his way through life.

by Anonymousreply 19June 29, 2018 4:31 PM

Because is was not effecting White people r14. Honestly look at it. Was there any reason as a White person you ever before had to deeply examine the state of things? All of media and the propaganda you have been force fed were designed to keep you comfortable, feeling safe and like you had options, the American dream was always within your grasp. Only for minorities, women was it necessary to continually examine the way the tide was going as groups that were vulnerable to violence and neglect.

You were bated in hundreds of ways and your comfort kept you from feeling any pressure to look closely or have any doubts, fears. If you had examined, you could have seen. All this shit has been talked about, the warning were there as more and more liberal radio shows were replaced with conservative talk. More and more liberal publications began to report a little more conservatively as well. Then Bill Clinton looking like a Democrat pushed a whole host of Republican policy through, you didn't notice? I did. And I kept wondering why no one I knew was saying anything.

by Anonymousreply 20June 29, 2018 4:32 PM

Here is an article about Kennedy's retirement and his son's relationship with Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 29, 2018 4:34 PM

Point taken r17.

by Anonymousreply 22June 29, 2018 4:34 PM

Isn't there a possibility that Deutschebank might collapse?

by Anonymousreply 23June 29, 2018 4:36 PM

Interesting.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 29, 2018 4:37 PM

More details about the relationship between Kennedy's son and Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 29, 2018 4:37 PM

I think this is why he announced his retirement. He knew this was coming out.

by Anonymousreply 26June 29, 2018 4:38 PM

R20, but we're also dealing with white people who still can't accept that a black man gave them affordable healthcare. I'll never forget that woman who was saved by it who said she hated that it was called Obamacare because she didn't want to give him (you know she wanted to say "N*gger") credit. We have a huge number of low-lifes who can't accept that their skin color doesn't protect them from GOP policies geared to the only color that matters: Green

This is how desperate people get to appeal to these dummies:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 29, 2018 4:43 PM

If Kennedy doesn't die from a terminal illness before the end of the summer, we should just assume that he got paid very well to retire now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 29, 2018 4:49 PM

27 unfortunately now when racism is mentioned there are a lot of people who begin to shout it down and roll their eyes. Racism is a huge component in bringing this country down. The power elite have used it to keep the low and middle majority of American's from joining together. We will be destroyed because too many White people are afraid of sharing any of this country with those they hate (for no good reason) and fear (instilled from propaganda).

by Anonymousreply 29June 29, 2018 4:56 PM

[quote]We will be destroyed because too many White people are afraid of sharing any of this country with those they hate (for no good reason) and fear (instilled from propaganda).

That quote by LBJ cannot be repeated enough. He knew even then what we were dealing with: "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

The Republicans have used this tactic for a very, very long time.

by Anonymousreply 30June 29, 2018 5:31 PM

Can you imagine the kind of pressure Kennedy was under after the gay marriage ruling? Probably threats.

by Anonymousreply 31June 29, 2018 5:36 PM

someone said yesterday that he had said he wasn't going to retire because he had said he didn't want Trump choosing his predecessor. Then someone came on and said he just announced it. it makes me sad that NO ONE wants to stand up for the people or this country. It is all about themselves.

by Anonymousreply 32June 29, 2018 6:09 PM

and please explain this phenomena to me of why men think they will never be caught

by Anonymousreply 33June 29, 2018 6:10 PM

That's a great quote r30 and it needs to be on billboards across the entire country. Even if it doesn't make the deplorables think maybe enough other folks with far less prejudice, will be moved to drop the bullshit they still hold on to and start thinking about how they have been lead to slaughter.

by Anonymousreply 34June 29, 2018 6:14 PM

Thing is Trump is not the only one who benefits, all the Oligarchs who are involved in corruption will get pardoned by the same bought and paid for Supreme Court should their dealing become known. This makes Trump a hero to all the Power Elite as they all continue to devour anything of worth through illegal means.

by Anonymousreply 35June 29, 2018 6:16 PM

r14 This happened before in the BCCI and S&L days. Basically, the same things. It continued to happen 'underground' so to speak, after both those crises exploded into public domain. It would bubble up in financial scandals that didn't make it out of the industry news, but had wider implications.

No one gave a shit then, and the elitist media never reported on the truth. They busied themselves with ancillary bullshit. Ironically, had they done their jobs, we wouldn't have President Trump now, but here we are.

by Anonymousreply 36June 29, 2018 7:31 PM

r35 the 1% media are the biggest benefactors. They were going down the toilet until the latest election cycle.

The only reason they are on this now is because they know it will break in the international press, and they will be caught flat-footed. Just like the NYT is shocked, shocked! I tell you, that James Levine molested young black boys.

by Anonymousreply 37June 29, 2018 7:35 PM

Golfing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 29, 2018 7:46 PM

Just keep following the money. The capacity for greed is endless. And they will do anything - even sell their country out - for $$$$$$.

I despair that there’s anything much we can do about it though. They’re brazen - and although the corruption might be obvious to anyone with hakf a brain - without very precise evidence - nothing can be proved in a court of law. So they get away with this shit time and again.

I’m beginning to think that some sort of revolution migh5 be the only way to rid ourselves of these traitors - bit of course - revolutions may start out as noble crusades - but they rarely end that way - and you often end up worse off than you started.

by Anonymousreply 39June 29, 2018 8:53 PM

Corrupt straight white men will destroy the planet.

by Anonymousreply 40June 29, 2018 9:18 PM

What they need is a good fuck. . .from a man.

by Anonymousreply 41June 29, 2018 9:19 PM

[quote] 27 unfortunately now when racism is mentioned there are a lot of people who begin to shout it down and roll their eyes. Racism is a huge component in bringing this country down. The power elite have used it to keep the low and middle majority of American's from joining together. We will be destroyed because too many White people are afraid of sharing any of this country with those they hate (for no good reason) and fear (instilled from propaganda).

The majority of Whites would rather burn the country to the ground, rather than see black and brown people prosper equally to whites. And that's not to say that the majority of Whites are overtly racist or consciously active white supremacist. Many Whites are not necessarily conscious of their white supremacist leanings. The are not covertly racist. But they are conscious of the fact that they want to work with other whites and the want to live in white neighborhoods. They don't necessarily think of that as racism. Nor do they bother to think the origin of those beliefs or how, what is essentially a white supremacist belief system, impacts nonwhites. So they're willing to give up everything for which they claim to be fighting in order to continue to shut black and brown people out. While black and brown people continue to fight against both the deeply entrenched white supremacist beliefs of white communities (covert and overt, conscious and unconscious) but also the institutions that have served as a permanent barrier, to equality. Its not pretty, and its going to destroy the country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 29, 2018 9:54 PM

Stephanie Ruhle tweeted this earlier. I usually respect her take on things, but this Kennedy thing look shady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 29, 2018 10:14 PM

What is "Splinter News" and what kind of "reporters" do they have?

There is so much junk media now with people trying to use serious issues for profit.

by Anonymousreply 44June 29, 2018 10:16 PM

There are so many things they could get Trump on, but they leave them in there forever letting him create laws and cut programs. I do not think they are serious about going after him. It is theater. The rich profit to much for him.

by Anonymousreply 45June 29, 2018 10:18 PM

TOO MUCH, damn it, typo!

by Anonymousreply 46June 29, 2018 10:18 PM

Good for you 45. You get it.

by Anonymousreply 47June 29, 2018 11:57 PM

What R40 said times a trillion!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 48June 30, 2018 12:20 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 49June 30, 2018 2:11 AM

Likely that some of Mueller's report will cross paths with the Supreme Court; Trump refusing a subpoena or pardoning himself. Kennedy would have had to recuse himself, right? So he's getting out now. Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 50June 30, 2018 3:26 AM

bumpity.....

by Anonymousreply 51June 30, 2018 3:45 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 52July 1, 2018 12:00 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 53July 1, 2018 4:12 PM

Is anybody in the media making a big deal of this?

by Anonymousreply 54July 1, 2018 8:08 PM

No it has not been mentioned in the mainstream media at all.

by Anonymousreply 55July 2, 2018 1:53 AM
by Anonymousreply 56July 2, 2018 1:56 AM

There isn't anything about it on altnet or truthdig either, at least not the last time I looked.

Not sure about the other alt news sites.

by Anonymousreply 57July 2, 2018 2:21 AM

Here is the link from alternet.org.

But this was not quite a lead on their front page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 2, 2018 2:28 AM

The mainstream media is rich, making money off of Donald Trump's policies.

by Anonymousreply 59July 2, 2018 2:30 AM

The Trump/Kennedy connection was blasted Friday as a "pointless distraction" by Michael Avenatti, FWIW.

Whether he's just show-boating or he knows the details, not sure.

by Anonymousreply 60July 2, 2018 2:39 AM

It was on the dailykos website on Friday but I don't know if it was on the front page or not.

by Anonymousreply 61July 2, 2018 2:50 AM

I didn't see that, r60. There are so many distractions, but I assumed this one had legs.

by Anonymousreply 62July 2, 2018 1:50 PM

Actually Stormy Daniels is a pointless distraction. There are serious things with Trump that are being ignored.

by Anonymousreply 63July 2, 2018 3:28 PM

The same people who thought I was on assistance are going to believe this is about "Jacqueline Kennedy's Son".

by Anonymousreply 64July 2, 2018 3:58 PM

Here r2 be sure to have your tin foil ready. Better have a couple of boxes mmmmkay?

Here is the New York Times article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 2, 2018 4:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!