Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How Rich Was Jessica Fletcher?

She’s loaning Leslie Nielsen $10,000, paying her journalist friend’s hospital bill and paying for his private room, she’s always attending star studded parties dressed to the nines, and she’s in cahoots with senators.

I’m thinking she has made at least $5million in 2018 dollars from her mystery novels.

by Anonymousreply 137March 7, 2019 12:22 PM

She was very poor, she would knock off these people, keep their credit cards and push the blame on others.

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2018 7:25 AM

I'd say she had a lot more than $5million.

She also travelled first class on airplanes (in the episode "The Corpse flew first class"), designed a board game, took cruises, taught at a NY university and owned real estate in different countries. In the final episode she even gave her newly acquired Irish cottage to a young couple who got engaged through Jessica's unparalleled match-making skills.

And don't forget, she never drove so didn't have that expense to worry about!

If she was still in Cabot Cove today she could make a killing (hehe) through air b'n'b-ing her empty bedrooms. She lived in a house big enough for a medium sized family.

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2018 10:27 AM

She was rich but never offered to loan to poor townsfolk in financial dire-straits . And she almost shat herself when she found out Doc Hazlitt only rented his house and wasn't a property owner!

by Anonymousreply 3September 1, 2018 6:15 PM

She moonlighted as a high priced call girl, but few people knew that.

by Anonymousreply 4September 1, 2018 6:18 PM

A penny saved is a penny earned.

by Anonymousreply 5September 1, 2018 6:24 PM

Why did she need the expense of such a big house? She should have downsized.

by Anonymousreply 6September 1, 2018 6:29 PM

She was a penny-pinching old twat.

by Anonymousreply 7September 1, 2018 6:31 PM

She must have been well off. She had books turned into Broadway plays and movies/tv series. Merchandise. A cartoon based on her book. Investments, property and art.

by Anonymousreply 8September 1, 2018 6:34 PM

Her books sold well. She was always planning or writing a new one. It must have been very easy for her. She was wealthy but not super rich. It must have been difficult to live in a small village where half the population killsd the other half.

by Anonymousreply 9September 1, 2018 6:40 PM

She could have afforded to get herself a cute young gigolo

by Anonymousreply 10September 1, 2018 6:45 PM

Cabot Cove's busiest whore.

by Anonymousreply 11September 1, 2018 6:53 PM

R11 she was usually in a company of eldery men. I wonder what happened.

by Anonymousreply 12September 1, 2018 6:57 PM

She rarely paid for any meals. While eating, she would often remember some important clue and immediately dash off, leaving her dining companion (usually Seth) to foot the bill.

by Anonymousreply 13September 1, 2018 7:07 PM

R13 neat trick! I'll remember that!

by Anonymousreply 14September 1, 2018 7:26 PM

Wasn't there an episode where her financial advisor (so good he lives in Cabot Cove) has been diddling her finances? Then he's involved in a murda?!

by Anonymousreply 15September 2, 2018 7:35 PM

As she didn’t own or drive a car, she was always hitching rides with others and never once offered to pay for gas.

Cabot Cove was inhabited by suckers.

by Anonymousreply 16September 2, 2018 7:48 PM

Jessica didn’t fall for the charms of that gigolo Magnum either.

She held on to her virtue and her purse strings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 2, 2018 7:53 PM

She was rich in guest stars, passed her way after "Fantasy Island" and "The Love Boat" finally got cancelled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 2, 2018 9:18 PM

She supplied Cabot Cove and the surrounding area from Derry to Salem's Lot with Oxycontin and Meth. She was fucking rich.

by Anonymousreply 19September 2, 2018 9:20 PM

She was a murderer for hire. You can make a lot in that line of work, working for very wealthy clients. Also, she split the profits from selling stolen diamonds, when she teamed up with Dennis Stanton.

by Anonymousreply 20September 2, 2018 9:27 PM

I really doubt Jessica was a criminal but how did she churn out so many books which sold so well that she displaced Eudora McVeigh as America's premier mystery writer plus got to travel all the time and see so many old friends? What was she ON?

by Anonymousreply 21September 2, 2018 9:30 PM

R21, cheesecake!

by Anonymousreply 22September 2, 2018 9:33 PM

She nevah paid her bills at my shop.

That's all I'm saying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 2, 2018 11:10 PM

Ever wonder why she never based a book on one of her real-life mysteries? Because she threatened to do so, and blackmailed the murderer's survivors, who paid her NOT to write the story.

by Anonymousreply 24September 2, 2018 11:24 PM

She should have booked her large, miserly ass a one-way back to Ireland in steerage class!

by Anonymousreply 25September 2, 2018 11:41 PM

OP, originally The Wolf of Wall Street was about Jessica Fletcher.

Also, she was going to play the Michael Douglas role in the original Wall Street movie, but Gary Shandling talked her out of it.

Gary Morton didn't give a shit about Lansbury--some old showgirl beef between her and Lucy. So another Gary had to step in.

by Anonymousreply 26September 3, 2018 12:09 AM

Old cunt nevah paid a penny on her medical bills either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 3, 2018 1:11 AM

She was engaged in a torrid affair with eve Simpson!

by Anonymousreply 28September 3, 2018 1:34 AM

You didn't hear it from me

But that old cunt had more than a few STDs

by Anonymousreply 29September 3, 2018 1:39 AM

When you’re a nosey cunt who’s got receipts on everyone somehow the living becomes very easy. Local businesses forget to send invoices and everyone falls over themselves to send dinner and lunch invitations. Jessie F never ate on her own dime. And all those “nieces” she ran must’ve brought in some coin.

by Anonymousreply 30September 3, 2018 1:42 AM

She also knew about Harvey Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 31September 3, 2018 6:12 AM

Seth that isn't true, we know she paid her medical bills in kind..

by Anonymousreply 32September 3, 2018 3:49 PM

She served stale clam chowder. She skimped.

by Anonymousreply 33September 5, 2018 5:38 PM

We only saw her solving crimes. We never saw the will readings.

by Anonymousreply 34September 5, 2018 6:02 PM

That happened more than once!

by Anonymousreply 35September 5, 2018 8:29 PM

She was a huge donor to Wakanda Hospital. Statues of that very dear bug-eyed lady everywhere in Wakanda.

by Anonymousreply 36September 5, 2018 8:38 PM

I always had the feeling she was quite comfortable. By her associates, and lifestyle I had assumed she was probably born into some wealth too. One doesn't make so many of those types of social connections through being a mere mystery writer.

by Anonymousreply 37September 5, 2018 8:46 PM

R4 You're darn tooting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 5, 2018 9:38 PM

In a few episodes they mention that Fletcher is one of the oldest families in New England and as noted above she also has an Irish lineage. I imagine most of her property is inherited. Anyway, every family member she visits also seems to be well off, in one episode she goes to a cousin's wedding on a plantation and both families are said to be good business (making the ceremony more of a merger than a marriage.)

by Anonymousreply 39September 5, 2018 11:03 PM

Her books were often made into movies, so I'd say Jess would be worth 18 million in 2018 money. Wait. Her stockbrokers and investment bankers always ended up dead...so maybe not.

PS Ho much do you think Angela is worth? Take a guess.

by Anonymousreply 40September 5, 2018 11:09 PM

I had just guessed 80M, but google proved me 10M too much. Good for the old girl. I love watching old episodes of Murder, She Wrote. I'm guessing her character Jess probably had roughly 10M or so, excluding her home.

by Anonymousreply 41September 5, 2018 11:17 PM

Let's see, she owned that property in Cabot Cove, that apartment in Manhattan, those shares in a football team, and didn't she inherit land in Australia and Ireland and Canada too? And I think she owned a stake in some other companies.

by Anonymousreply 42September 6, 2018 10:28 AM

God knows how much her endless travel bills ran to. Did her publisher cover them? At least she often had an endless array of cousins, nieces and nephews, and dear old friends to house her wherever in the world she went.

by Anonymousreply 43September 6, 2018 10:29 AM

I think she was a hack. How many novels did she turn out of the show's run? And she seemed to be willing to licence them for anything: video game, board game, film, play, and wasn't there even a theme park ride. She must've loved that cash.

by Anonymousreply 44September 6, 2018 10:31 AM

In the first season they dressed her in frumpy sweaters and plain old lady dresses, however La Lansbury then demanded they glam up her look. If you didn't know that you might think that once JB became successful she started spending more on clothes.

From then on she really only wore those chunky sweaters and mom jeans around Cabot Cove. Thank God since they so did not flatter her; they emphasized her FUPA and and sometimes camel toe.

by Anonymousreply 45September 6, 2018 10:35 AM

I noticed that bitch never once offered to contribute to gas money despite how often she kept getting rides, often long ones which allowed her a chance to fill with exposition.

She sometimes even made them turn around when she had one of those sudden revelations that she'd "explain all about later". She also pulled that trick in restaurants and, I bet, anything a bill was about to arrive.

by Anonymousreply 46September 6, 2018 10:38 AM

She was always flying to all sorts of exotic locales for "research for a new book". I wonder if she deducted them on her taxes.

And, let's not forget her brief one-episode spell as a senator. I'm sure she entertained a lobbyist or two.

by Anonymousreply 47September 6, 2018 10:45 AM

She was a successful writer, she had plenty of money.

by Anonymousreply 48September 6, 2018 10:49 AM

Given how extensive her output was, I wonder if she followed the Stephen King, Lee Child, James Patterson, etc., route of "here's an idea, editor flesh it out".

She certainly cranked them out. I wonder if they were any good.

by Anonymousreply 49September 6, 2018 10:51 AM

PD James' property portfolio was probably made her more money by the time she died than her books did. I assume Jessica was like that.

Wasn't she even on the board of a company in one episode?

by Anonymousreply 50September 6, 2018 10:54 AM

[quote] those shares in a football team

With the now Caitlyn Jenner playing its star player.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 6, 2018 10:56 AM

Any ideas what this house would be worth today. They mention going down to Bar Harbour and Bangor, so it must be near the Canadian border. I wonder if the town has had any big development attempts since that unsuccessful one in season twelve? The town's population is supposedly 3,560; though I'm surprised they didn't have to keep changing it given the murder rate higher than Caracas. I wonder the high risk of being killed turns people off moving there.

I like it anyway. It's nice for less than a million.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 6, 2018 11:03 AM

Remember the episode where she solved the Catholic child rape mystery? No, you don't. Jessica shat million dollar bills for breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 53September 6, 2018 11:03 AM

[quote]Remember the episode where she solved the Catholic child rape mystery? No, you don't.

Is that the one with Mitzi Gaynor as the nun about to tell Jessica a secret before she mysteriously is pushed habit first from the Sunday school roof?

by Anonymousreply 54September 6, 2018 11:07 AM

JB rarely wore outfits twice. Once DYNASTY was cancelled Angie overtook Joan Collins' long held position as highest paid woman on television, and I bet she was one of the most expensively clothed as well.

by Anonymousreply 55September 6, 2018 11:31 AM

I wonder how many frequent flyer miles she built up over twelve years?

by Anonymousreply 56September 6, 2018 12:19 PM

R45 I preferred how Jessica was dressed in early seasons. When they started "glamorizing" her she lost that sense of simple retired school teacher.

Between the pilot and the first episode, she apparently had written several books so she was well off from the beginning. But my theory is after visiting with Fiona Keeler at her "Referral Service" in season 2, she decided to supplement her income. Her "typing and short hand" were impeccable.

by Anonymousreply 57September 6, 2018 12:20 PM

The wardrobe changes were, at first, was mostly down to Lansbury. Maybe after a screen career of character roles and matrons, she craved more glamor.

Starting in season eight there was a deliberate attempt to move the show towards a younger demographic. They tried to downplay the amateur and doddering Miss Marple element of the character and present Jessica as a more respected woman-of-the-world. The clothes then began to better fit the circumstances and naturally changing styles.

But it wasn't just the clothes -- she moved to NYC, taught criminology there, and went to more exotic locales. It made her seem better off than the retired schoolmarm without an agent in the pilot. I think it worked and improved the show, anyway. It seemed natural that she would be wealthier after a decade as a best-selling popular author.

Though those episodes in the later seasons in which she had to help a variety of ethnic inner city youths in NY falsely accused of murder never worked. She did seem better off by comparison, but awkwardly so. Like when they'd go to her apartment and have a reading group, usually for the episode's heartwarming conclusion. Gag!

by Anonymousreply 58September 6, 2018 12:33 PM

Her style mimicked Margaret Thatcher's: as the show wore on she increasingly favoured business-y style stuff (but with trousers) over grandma-style dresses. It better suited Lansbury's tall frame anyway.

by Anonymousreply 59September 6, 2018 12:37 PM

I loved her flat. Small but nice.

And that cute Indian bell-boy.

It can't have been cheap though. How much today? One, two million?

by Anonymousreply 60September 6, 2018 12:38 PM

I love the fact that these TV people thought that putting an old woman in a pants suit was going to attract a young audience. Personally, with a few exceptions, I really don't like seasons 8-12. Most of the regulars disappear. Grady only comes back once. You never see Loretta's Beauty Parlor again. Eve Simpson disappears. Michael Haggerty comes back once I think. The new people in Cabot Cove don't feel authentic.

by Anonymousreply 61September 6, 2018 1:06 PM

[quote]Eve Simpson disappears.

She was busy. Hepatitis C treatments, usually.

by Anonymousreply 62September 6, 2018 1:16 PM

Lansbury doesn't like season eight, I think it is, either, though I think she does like the later ones. Peter Fischer left the show and David Moessinger replaced him for one season. Lansbury didn't care for his work, so he didn't last long. The season both she and her son got producer credits.

by Anonymousreply 63September 6, 2018 1:18 PM

I used to not like the later seasons but I now find them at least just as good. They did get rid of that cutesy twee element that I didn't like and was prominent in the early seasons. Think episodes like STEAL ME A STORY and MR PENROY'S VACATION. I now prefer the harder-edged more serious tone in the later seasons.

by Anonymousreply 64September 6, 2018 1:22 PM

I thought the blazers and chunky brooches better suited Angie than the Rose Nylund style dresses and pastel sweaters she wore earlier on.

by Anonymousreply 65September 6, 2018 1:26 PM

Once Father Dowling was cancelled, they should have brought Tom Bosley back as Amos. His dynamic with Jessica and Seth was one of the best parts of the show.

by Anonymousreply 66September 6, 2018 1:50 PM

Seth: "That meal was nice. Will I get the check?"

Jessica: *pops eyes* "The check! Of course... Seth I have to get over the old mansion. I'll explain everything later."

Seth: "I thought we were going to spli-"

Jessica: *runs out of restaurant*

by Anonymousreply 67September 6, 2018 3:31 PM

She could've let out her house / apartment when she was staying at the other if she needed the cash.

She seemed to be involved in all sorts of other enterprises too. Didn't she part-own a racehorse?

by Anonymousreply 68September 6, 2018 3:37 PM

She also jumped out of taxis without paying. Shameless.

by Anonymousreply 69September 6, 2018 3:40 PM

Remember when she went to prison with Adrienne Barbeau and Jan Brady?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 6, 2018 3:48 PM

Yes, that was actually one of the show's best episodes.

by Anonymousreply 71September 6, 2018 3:50 PM

What was it called again? "Murder Munches Carpet", "Lez Likely Suspect", "Death is for Dykes"?

by Anonymousreply 72September 6, 2018 3:52 PM

LOL she was a skinflint is how she stayed wealthy! I almost fainted when she gave that lovely little Irish cottage away for free at the end of one of those made-for-tv movies. She must have been losing her marbles!

Her house was full of a lot of tat, she obviously didn't believe in investing in quality. Remember when she pushed her publishedr off the roof of his building when he said her latest book was shit? Murder on the thirtieth floor? Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 73September 6, 2018 3:55 PM

I've never seen the TV movies. Are they worth watching?

by Anonymousreply 74September 6, 2018 4:06 PM

Yes South by Southwest was a decent enough spy element to it, pretty much like an episode. It came 1 year after the show ended.

The second was a bore, A Story to Die for, set at a book convention. Watchable in parts. It came 3 years later in 2000 (don't know why there was a long break).

The Last Free Man (2001) is shite but does have Angela double of some long deceased relative who was helping to free slaves during the civil war! Hilarious southern accent and all.

The last one was the best, The Celtic Riddle (2003) I think it was based on a pre-existing novel that got adapted and Jessica inserted. They actually used real Irish actors this time so the awful attempt at the Irish brogue isn't nearly as bad in this one. Pretty decent story too.

I wished they done one last movie, set in Cabot Cove before William Windom died. It would nice to see Jess in retirement and the fold crew back together. Even Grady. Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 75September 6, 2018 4:13 PM

Wouldn't it be amazing if a well known horror/mystery writer actually wrote all of the novels featured in the series in real life using Jessica Fletcher as a pseudonym?

by Anonymousreply 76September 6, 2018 4:24 PM

The Corpse danced at midnight

by Anonymousreply 77September 6, 2018 4:28 PM

Novels by Fletcher that are mentioned during the series:

The Corpse Danced at Midnight

Dirge for a Dead Dachshund

A Faded Rose Beside Her

Murder on the Amazon

Lover's Revenge

The Umbrella Murders

Murder at the Inn

Murder at the Digs

Murder in a Minor Key

The Stain on the Stairs

The Mystery of the Mutilated Minion

The Belgrade Murders

Sanitarium of Death

Calvin Canterbury's Revenge

Murder at the Asylum

Murder Comes to Maine

Good-bye, Charlie

The Corpse That Wasn't There

Ashes, Ashes, Fall Down Dead

The Messengers of Midnight

The Poison in My Heart

t

All the Murderers Murder at the Ridge Top The Corpse at Vespers The Triple Crown Murders The Crypt of Death A Killing at Hastings Rock The Uncaught Murder in White The Dead Must Sing The Killer Called Collect Stone Cold Dead On Wall Street Endangered The Launch Pad Murders Runway to Murder The Venomous Valentine A Case and a Half of Murder Yours Truly, Damian Sinclair The Dead Man Sang The Corpse Swam by Moonlight The Zero Aspect Murder at Midnight

by Anonymousreply 78September 6, 2018 4:33 PM

My therapist looks just like Grady Fletcher.

by Anonymousreply 79September 6, 2018 5:04 PM

She seemed thrifty. She grew her own vegetables, repaired things, never moved from her main house.

by Anonymousreply 80September 7, 2018 6:51 AM

She turned out a lot of books and probably coasted on her rep. When Grady got married the only gift she gave them was a second hand mirror!

She was cheap. Great tits though.

by Anonymousreply 81September 9, 2018 6:55 PM

Everyone in Cabot Cove knew she squirreled away her cash away in the many charming teapots and cookie jars dotted around her kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 82September 29, 2018 1:59 PM

She never mingled with the poor fisher folk. She couldn’t stand the sight of them, in fact. You could see the disgust on her face as she grimaced and wrinkled her nose.

by Anonymousreply 83September 29, 2018 2:44 PM

The time Mel the handyman sabotaged her bicycle, sending her off the pier as she was innocently intent on purchasing her evening meal, was the last straw. It cemented her secret rage and determination to get revenge.

by Anonymousreply 84September 29, 2018 3:52 PM

She also had a percentage of merchandising rights to that puppet character based on one of her children's stories.

by Anonymousreply 85September 29, 2018 4:03 PM

The Cabot Covers are holding a rummage sale to afford a new fire truck. They made very little money. If she was decent she would have given them money for it! But no..

by Anonymousreply 86November 29, 2018 4:06 PM

[quote]she’s always attending star studded parties dressed to the nines,

She only buy clothes with a 30 day return policy and then return them on the 29th day.

by Anonymousreply 87November 29, 2018 4:21 PM

[quote] In a few episodes they mention that Fletcher is one of the oldest families in New England

And those old families' fortunes were based on freebooters murder, slavery, pillage and rape. Towns burned to the ground, ships sunk, maidens ravaged. And Jessica lives on this filthy lucre.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88November 29, 2018 4:54 PM

Jessica wasn't rich before her books. She lived a very simple life. Fame and fortune didn't change her

by Anonymousreply 89November 29, 2018 7:07 PM

She never paid for supper!

by Anonymousreply 90November 30, 2018 5:22 PM

[quote]She never paid for supper!

True. Convenient how she always happened to have one of her sudden revelations right before the bill came.

by Anonymousreply 91November 30, 2018 5:31 PM

She often ate out in Cabot Cove, but never alone; mostly with Seth. I assumed she let him pick up the tab.

by Anonymousreply 92November 30, 2018 5:32 PM

R92 it was quid pro quo. She let Seth have a month dry hump against her fupa while she made the chowder. Seth brought the lobsters.

by Anonymousreply 93November 30, 2018 5:44 PM

She gave a local kid Frank's old bike tonight but then expected her to do chores for her as payment! The bike was a wreck!

by Anonymousreply 94November 30, 2018 7:15 PM

She also owned pornography shops, sold heroin to schoolchildren and regularly had women kidnapped and impregnated so that she could sell the babies to lesbian couples who wanted to adopt.

by Anonymousreply 95December 4, 2018 11:11 PM

The novels are really good. There's almost 50 of them.

by Anonymousreply 96December 4, 2018 11:13 PM

Remember when Jess was homeless?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97December 4, 2018 11:14 PM

Look, it's Miss Cuntwell!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 4, 2018 11:15 PM

If you don't have it, get it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99December 4, 2018 11:15 PM

Well, howdy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100December 4, 2018 11:15 PM

Serious, lush.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 4, 2018 11:16 PM

Does anyone remember when Bill Maher was in the show?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102December 4, 2018 11:16 PM

Roddy McDowall was such a bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103December 4, 2018 11:17 PM

Cynthia Nixon was in the show. She had agoraphobia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104December 4, 2018 11:18 PM

Megan Mullally was in the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105December 4, 2018 11:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106December 4, 2018 11:19 PM

Neil Patrick Harris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 4, 2018 11:19 PM

When Miss June Allyson visited Cabot Cove, she was so charmed by Jessica’s hospitality and cleverness that she gave her a lifetime supply of Depends diapers. At $12.99 a box, Jessica saved thousands of dollars over the years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 4, 2018 11:35 PM

JB Fletcher was a hack. Eudora McVeigh was the queen of mystery novelists.

by Anonymousreply 109December 4, 2018 11:53 PM

Eudora McVeigh tried to steal one of Jessica's masterpieces! She also drugged her.

by Anonymousreply 110December 5, 2018 8:41 PM

Eudora, that Apple picking bitch.

by Anonymousreply 111December 5, 2018 8:47 PM

It was laughable that she was considered such a good writer, people always complimenting her books.

by Anonymousreply 112December 6, 2018 5:10 PM

Why is that laughable? The only thing I thought was weird was that on this show, an author was just as famous as a movie star, a household name. If only.

by Anonymousreply 113December 6, 2018 5:21 PM

It's funny because she spends almost no time writing!

by Anonymousreply 114December 6, 2018 6:19 PM

[quote]r4 She moonlighted as a high priced call girl, but few people knew that.

The way she kept 1 step ahead of the law is she officially billed the sessions as "private readings."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115December 6, 2018 6:52 PM

Nice tits!

by Anonymousreply 116December 6, 2018 6:56 PM

I can't believe Lansbury stooped to doing publicity like r115 in the final, waning season!

by Anonymousreply 117December 6, 2018 8:30 PM

I love this thread so much.

Thanks, guys.

by Anonymousreply 118December 7, 2018 12:16 AM

I was somewhat taken aback when Lansbury said in an interview that she absolutely refused to start shooting each season before they had 4 episodes completely written.

Like...really? You're going to just sit home on the start date and not go in? Um, okay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119December 7, 2018 7:48 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120December 7, 2018 7:53 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121December 7, 2018 7:53 AM

God DAMN it!

Meant to put up Part 2!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122December 7, 2018 7:54 AM

Part 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123December 7, 2018 7:56 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124December 7, 2018 8:00 AM

So was it Jessica who was dried up or Frank who was shooting blanks?

by Anonymousreply 125December 7, 2018 9:14 AM

R118 you're welcome, I love it too!

R118 where did she say that, I've never read that. It isn't unreasonable to expect the writers to have prepared part of the season in advance though.

R125 they may have chosen not to or never had it investigated. Since in season 7 the won a n tells Jessica that Frank fathered her son and Jessica doesn't say that's impossible then it may be more likely Jessica was unable to have kids.

by Anonymousreply 126December 7, 2018 3:19 PM

Jessica couldn’t have kids due to all the abortions she had.

by Anonymousreply 127December 7, 2018 9:49 PM

I always thought of JB Fletcher as a fictional equivalent of Mary Higgins Clarke, thus, in my mind, Jessica was fairly wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 128December 8, 2018 9:24 AM

Thinking of Seth's plump ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 8, 2018 9:43 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130December 8, 2018 9:46 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131December 8, 2018 9:46 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132December 8, 2018 9:47 AM

She had many a victim change their will in her favour, I've heard..

by Anonymousreply 133February 9, 2019 1:13 AM

I thought of her as a kind of Stephen King. So of course, everybody knew her. Especially around Cabot Cove.

by Anonymousreply 134February 9, 2019 2:23 AM

Who will Jessica leave her fortune to?

by Anonymousreply 135February 10, 2019 9:44 AM

[quote]I’m thinking she has made at least $5million in 2018 dollars from her mystery novels.

Puh-lease, Jessica Fletcher was a high-end hooker for men who were into GILFs

by Anonymousreply 136February 10, 2019 10:55 AM

Does anyone know where the beach house from "Terminal Connection" is?

by Anonymousreply 137March 7, 2019 12:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!