Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Miranda Richardson

A brilliant comic actress, but such a ham in dramatic roles. I just saw the fairly dreary "Tom & Viv" and she's ridiculously over the top. but in the early 90s she was THE person to go to to play hysterics. She was always over the top, but she brilliantly parodied herself as a hysteric as Bettina in the great "New Best Friends" episode of "AbFab."

You don't see her in films much anymore. She has such a beautiful bone structure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 28, 2018 12:41 AM

She's a lesbian, right?

by Anonymousreply 1June 27, 2018 11:51 PM

I'm three years older than her and don't have half the facial lines. She looks like my mama.

by Anonymousreply 2June 27, 2018 11:51 PM

She was in the Agatha Christie thing the other year.

by Anonymousreply 3June 27, 2018 11:54 PM

from her imdb biography:

[quote] Her hobbies include drawing, walking, gardening, fashion, [bold]falconry,[/bold] and music.

by Anonymousreply 4June 27, 2018 11:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 28, 2018 12:04 AM

I'm amazed at how thin her hair is.

by Anonymousreply 6June 28, 2018 12:13 AM

I'm surprised cooking isn't mentioned, R4. I saw an episode of some British cooking show where she prepared a nice dish. She talked about how much she loves having friends over for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 7June 28, 2018 12:27 AM

She was brilliant in "Dance With A Stranger" and "Damage." Especially "Damage"; she was Oscar nominated for it and should have won. That was the year of the incredible win of Marisa Tomei for "My Cousin Vinny." Her win was so preposterous that an urban legend sprang up that Jack Palance read the wrong name and that's why the Oscar went to her. But of course that bullshit, because if he had read the wrong name it would have been rectified immediately like when "La La Land" was announced as Best Picture when in reality "Moonlight" had won.

by Anonymousreply 8June 28, 2018 12:37 AM

They cancelled it prematurely, but she was FANTASTIC in Lucia and Mapp.

by Anonymousreply 9June 28, 2018 12:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 28, 2018 12:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!