Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you believe Aliens Exist? Were You Ever Abducted?

I do believe in aliens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91September 11, 2018 7:48 PM

They recently detected methane on Mars, which to me mean something is alive up there- probably underground. Haven't we seen enough alien movies to know that the creatures aren't going to be cuddly like ET?

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2018 11:19 PM

According to ancient astronaut theorists...

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2018 11:20 PM

R1 truth

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2018 11:20 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2018 11:21 PM

Yes. No. Next?

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2018 11:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2018 11:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2018 11:23 PM

R5 what about the poll is not clear to you?

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2018 11:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2018 11:25 PM

I do believe in aliens.

Damn right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2018 11:27 PM

r10......FUCK YOU

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2018 11:41 PM

Agreed

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2018 11:44 PM

In our souls we know they existed before we did.

Everyone knows this deep down!

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2018 11:49 PM

Is this going to turn into another discussion of basic grammar and coherency, R8?

OP asked two questions, and then didn't give the option to select anything between the two most extreme possible choices (with an added snarky choice, as required by the DL TOS). Hence, my reply: Yes, I believe aliens exist. No, I've never been abducted, despite having wanted to be (aliens reading this, give me a call!).

by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2018 11:53 PM

when's the best time to reach you?

by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2018 12:31 AM

It's just us traveling through time. No biggie. Evolution of humans matches the tales

by Anonymousreply 16June 25, 2018 12:43 AM

I saw a UFO a few years ago. Never been abducted, though.

by Anonymousreply 17June 25, 2018 12:50 AM

Of course other life elsewhere in the universe. It is nigh-impossibility it doesn't.

That has nothing to do with aliens coming to this planet, the universe is massively huge.

by Anonymousreply 18June 25, 2018 1:19 AM

Yes!

by Anonymousreply 19June 25, 2018 4:38 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 20June 25, 2018 8:58 PM

I believe there is life on other planets, yes. Probability-wise there is a very strong chance of life elsewhere in the universe, given permutations of elements composition, the number of estimated suns and planets and moons and you'll find a lot of cosmologists and astrophysicists who understand probability and math believe there is life on other planets. But as far as I know those life forms have not visited our planet, and I don't know if they visited any other planet, so I can't term them aliens with any certainty.

I have not ever been abducted by alien life, no.

by Anonymousreply 21June 25, 2018 9:26 PM

I believe my parents are aliens.

by Anonymousreply 22June 25, 2018 9:31 PM

My brother believes that he was. However he is quite acid damaged.

by Anonymousreply 23June 25, 2018 9:36 PM

R23 wow!

by Anonymousreply 24June 25, 2018 9:41 PM

The scientists and physicists have presented the idea of multi-universes which is so out of the realm of our perception of reality. There could be parellel universes existing with us at this moment which could explain UFOs and "aliens".

by Anonymousreply 25June 25, 2018 9:48 PM

Regards the Methane on Mars - yeah there aren't many processes that produce it other than decaying flesh or plants.

And consider if you will - it's only the last decade or so we've been able to spot planets orbiting distant stars in essence other solar systems. And now we have satellites up there that will be able to detect what atmosphere those planets have as there a number or rocky planets orbiting stars like the Sun or red dwarves etc. It's just the distances are mind boggling. Light years - it's the distance light travels in a year. Put it this way 5.879e+12 miles. Just move the decimal right 12 times.

Current rocket tech can't do it. Ion drive might be possible to reach say Alpha Centauri in 100+ years. And Alubiere's equations were corrected - we can do warp drive with a mass of a couple tons vs. the mass of say Jupiter. That'd allow us to reach Alpha Centauri almost instantaneously.

by Anonymousreply 26June 25, 2018 9:48 PM

I always wanted The Queen of Outer Space to be real. All them hot babes out there just waiting to be banged!

by Anonymousreply 27June 25, 2018 9:54 PM

Yes, aliens exist. No, they are not visiting us or abducting us. Not a single shred of evidence other than delusional stories. Thankfully the distances are too great. We do not want a visit.

by Anonymousreply 28June 25, 2018 9:58 PM

Of course there is life outside of earth. Given the number of planets out there, it is just mathematically impossible that there isn't. Billions of stars in our galaxy alone, with tens of billons of planets. It happened somewhere else.

The issue is -

How common is it and are they able to send out delectable signals within their timeframe to be noticed? We could detect another species 1,000 light years away TODAY, and we would never have meaningful relationship (barring some kind of hypothetical/bullshit hyperspace/warp speed tech). Not saying that will never happen, but until is does, we are still, more or less, alone in the universe.

by Anonymousreply 29June 25, 2018 10:02 PM

So aliens to some can mean any living organism?

by Anonymousreply 30June 26, 2018 1:22 AM

Why do aliens only come to the US? More receptive to surprise anal probe?

by Anonymousreply 31June 26, 2018 1:38 AM

R31 is that a joke? I like it if it is

by Anonymousreply 32June 26, 2018 1:39 AM

R32 You'd think they'd go to Canada if that's their benchmark.

by Anonymousreply 33June 26, 2018 3:00 AM

R33 yes

by Anonymousreply 34June 26, 2018 6:23 AM

My blood is Rh-negative so that means I am at least part Reptilian.

by Anonymousreply 35June 26, 2018 6:30 AM

R35 wtf??

by Anonymousreply 36June 26, 2018 6:42 AM

I think "abducted" is the wrong word.

Using another word I can say yes.

by Anonymousreply 37June 26, 2018 8:36 AM

odd how there continues to be the nervous attempt to put the aliens in the foil hat category.

of course they are real, many walk among us.....many

flabbergasted that there persists any doubt...

by Anonymousreply 38June 26, 2018 10:54 AM

R37 expand.

by Anonymousreply 39June 26, 2018 1:44 PM

[quote]You'd think they'd go to Canada if that's their benchmark

No, we're too Asian, so everyone is in the closet. You need Latin U.S. because it's part of the culture anyway.

by Anonymousreply 40June 26, 2018 1:59 PM

R38...How do you feel about hobgoblins?

by Anonymousreply 41June 26, 2018 2:25 PM

my ex thinks he was visited by an alien who implanted something in his brain and as a result can feel other people's feelings.

mental illness is a serious thing.

by Anonymousreply 42June 26, 2018 2:28 PM

R39-I'd rather not do this on a computer, but I will say I had an encounter that was unlike ANYTHING I thought "aliens" to be.

And it changed so much for me as to whats possible. And what they might be in their many manifestations.

If you want more I would want to know more about you and why.

But if this is enough, just enjoy your adventure!!

Life begins again.

by Anonymousreply 43June 26, 2018 4:17 PM

I don't know if I'm more afraid of space aliens or ghosts.

by Anonymousreply 44June 26, 2018 4:24 PM

I saw Bigfoot once. It made a sound I would not want to hear twice in my lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 45June 26, 2018 4:24 PM

I'm scared of R43!!!

by Anonymousreply 46June 26, 2018 4:33 PM

๐—ข๐˜…๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฑ ๐—จ๐—ป๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜๐˜†: ๐—ช๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€๐—ฒ

Humanity is probably alone in the universe, a new study from Oxford University has concluded.

In a paper submitted to the Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, the researchers write that there is 'a substantial probability of there being no other intelligent life in our observable universe.'

Researchers at Oxford University's Future of Humanity Institute titled their paper 'Dissolving the Fermi Paradox', the question first posed in the 1950s that asked why we haven't yet seen evidence of alien life.

The new study uses a distribution of probabilities to capture the most likely scenarios, rather than assign a single value.

The authors found that the chance humanity stands alone among intelligent civilizations in our galaxy is 53%โ€“99.6%, and across the observable universe is 39%โ€“85%.

'We should not actually be all that surprised to see an empty galaxy,' the authors, Anders Sandberg, Eric Drexler, Toby Ord, wrote.

They claim the thinking is based on a famous equation known as the Drake Equation.

This seven-term equation looks at the differing variables that would be relevant for intelligent lifeforms, including factors like formed stars and their planets and the average number of planets that can potentially support life.

'The expectation that the universe should be teeming with intelligent life is linked to models like the Drake equation, which suggest that even if the probability of intelligent life developing at a given site is small, the sheer multitude of possible sites should nonetheless yield a large number of potentially observable civilizations.

'We show that this conflict arises from the use of Drake-like equations, which implicitly assume certainty regarding highly uncertain parameters.'

The team say their work 'makes a stark difference'.

'When the model is recast to represent realistic distributions of uncertainty, we find a substantial {em ex ante} probability of there being no other intelligent life in our observable universe, and thus that there should be little surprise when we fail to detect any signs of it.

'This result dissolves the Fermi paradox, and in doing so removes any need to invoke speculative mechanisms by which civilizations would inevitably fail to have observable effects upon the universe.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 26, 2018 10:44 PM

R47 really? How can we really be all alone?

by Anonymousreply 48June 27, 2018 3:20 AM

Yes & no.

by Anonymousreply 49June 27, 2018 5:05 PM

Yes i do and no i haven't. But if we ever do, i hope they're like Roger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 27, 2018 5:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 28, 2018 1:25 AM

Oh Justin...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 28, 2018 1:27 AM

Many of the ones who look like greys are said to be created by man as embrionic species.

That we imagine them in forms, and human like forms no less, shows how hard it is for us to go beyond the physical.

Silly really.

But they do exist.

by Anonymousreply 53June 28, 2018 4:36 AM

Thoughts??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 28, 2018 10:20 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 28, 2018 10:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 28, 2018 10:50 PM
by Anonymousreply 57June 30, 2018 2:18 AM

Totally possible. If they do exist, theyโ€™re probably us, in the future.

by Anonymousreply 58June 30, 2018 2:24 AM

Btw, OP, several years back, I went into a lucid dream state, and while in this state, I started to hear a loud roar underneath my floors. It was a gravitation pull, too, and it was attempting to yank me out of my body, and pull me down with it. Every time it failed, it made a very loud noise, almost like a running train.

I was terrified, and fought it with all of my might.

Suddenly, everything went very still, and something put itโ€™s hand through my belly button, and yanked me out of my body. I looked up, and it was a tall, thin , grey. She was silent (and yes, I intuitively knew it was a woman), but she was able to communicate with me telepathically.

I was staring at her, and suddenly, I was on the floor, beside my bed, with her crouching over me. There was another presence in the room, and I became frantic, and asked her what he was doing. She told me not to panic, and said that I wasnโ€™t allowed to see him.

This presence, which Iโ€™m assuming was another grey, took my head, and placed what felt like very long fingers, on each side of my head. The female grey told me to trust them, and that I needed this, because I was sick. She said that they were there to help me. I started hyperventilating, and she held my hands down on top of my abdomen, and pressed her other hand into my chest, and I passed out. Minutes later, I woke up in my own body, and the back of my head and the back of my neck felt very tight, but pressurized, if that makes any sense.

I will never forget this. It felt very real, and I had a stiff neck, sore head, for days.

by Anonymousreply 59June 30, 2018 2:48 AM

Wow!

by Anonymousreply 60June 30, 2018 2:51 AM

Poor aliens will be slaughtered when we take Manifest Destiny to the stars.

by Anonymousreply 61June 30, 2018 2:54 AM

R18

Spoilsport

Alien life is almost impossible NOT to exist. Extremophiles on earth exist in water at temperatures above the boiling point of water, while others live in extreme saline environments far below zero C.

Whether intelligent, spacefaring life exists is only slightly less probable.

My dad and best friend have both seen UFOs, and have told the exact same story of their respective encounters my entire life. The tic tac UFO video from the NYTimes last year was pretty inexplicable except, you know, aliens.

by Anonymousreply 62June 30, 2018 3:32 AM

Ask yourself: Have aliens visited Uranus?

by Anonymousreply 63June 30, 2018 3:35 AM

R63 good one!

by Anonymousreply 64June 30, 2018 3:46 AM

R59, I think that might have really happened.

Beautiful retelling. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 65July 3, 2018 12:18 AM

Itโ€™s general,y accepted in the Scientific community that there is life everywhere.

The history of science is successive movement of the human race from the center of the universe to a side show.

Intelligent life is rare enough that it is very far away. Too far to ever visit here. Even if they ever caught a radio broadcast, and it directed them to visit us, by the time they made it here, we will have self destructed.

by Anonymousreply 66July 3, 2018 12:58 AM

Yes I believe in aliens. I'm sure that there are many different life forms in this vast Universe. And no, I have never seen a UFO, although I'd love to. A co-worker told me about the time he saw a UFO when he was just a kid and it was fascinating. There's something out there......

by Anonymousreply 67July 3, 2018 2:10 AM

Yes and no.

by Anonymousreply 68July 3, 2018 2:29 AM

The only thing I surprised by is that nobody has posted that crazy haired guyโ€™s gif who is on that Ancient Aliens series. I am type O negative and I am not a member of any elite society. I definitely have never shape shifted into a reptile. Type O negative blood types generally seem to be a marker of older Basque and Celtic origins.

by Anonymousreply 69July 3, 2018 3:40 AM

R69

How apropos, since itโ€™s ALIENS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 3, 2018 4:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 4, 2018 6:46 AM

I had somewhat of a close encounter last week at the bar. I think I was talking to some kind of outer space warlord, because he kept telling me, "I want to invade Uranus."

by Anonymousreply 72July 4, 2018 1:18 PM

Hmm. I have negative type โ€œOโ€. Never knew anything about this. Type O make us reptiles! HUGE EYE ROL.L.!

R65, this was the first time I ever had that particular experience.

Interestingly enough, I started experiencing out of body experiences at 7. I have seen myself separated from my body, many times. When the dark force (for lack of a better description) was the first time I genuinely panicked, and felt that something Iโ€™d never come across was in my prescence. The being was very strong and loud. He would pull at my inner body, and attempted to pull me about of my body though my shoulders, arms, and legs. Interestingly empingoroto, it was not able to suction for out of my abdominal wal, or the center of my chest. I could see him coming up above the floor, and he looked like a small , very angry, black tornado. I literally had to figh and keep my legs and arms in my body. It was furious and would verbalize these loud explode train sounds, as if moving down the train tracks (no trains or subways in that area).

I was very confused and Iโ€™d not understand what it wanted. I knew it wanted my spirit self, but I didnโ€™t know why. I had never experienced negative experiences via OBEs. This was my first. This thing appeared to genuinely want to harm me. Maybe even kill me.

So I was completely overwhelmed with struggling with this thing, that took forever, and much too my surprise, all sense of struggle ceased, and there was complete peace in the room.

It was my first time ever coming face to face with what I believed to be two alien grays. I could not see to second one, but I witnessed the first one gently take me out of my human body. I saw my human body before me, and it was lying sleeping on my bed. Before I could turn away from her (the gray) she had me on my floor, and I immediately struggled to see him, which I was denied.

Usually, when I one, I can see in all directions at one. Your body also learns to move differently, because you are not bound to a physical body

You can fly, walk through walls, all sorts of stuff.

Whatever that experience was, it is one of the most, if not THE most memorable of all, because I communicated with a benevolent, caring, non human being. The first and last time that I communicated with another benevolent , spiritual being, I was a seven year old girl, while also out of my body.

by Anonymousreply 73July 4, 2018 2:00 PM

Correction:

When the dark force (for lack of a better description) it was the first time I genuinely panicked, and felt that something Iโ€™d never come across was in my prescence. The being was very, VERY strong, and loud. He would pull at my inner body, (the spirit body that I do believe lives under our skin) and attempted to pull me about of my body though my shoulders, arms, and legs. Interestingly enough, it was not able to suction for out of my abdominal wall, or the center of my chest, or the top of my head. These were the areas that he was attempting to pull me thought with great force, but I fought back, and fiercely so. I had no idea how I knew hot to fight it, but I knew that it must, or I could risk and cease to exist in human form.

I could see it coming up above the floor, and it looked like a small , very angry, black tornado. It also looks like a swirling pieces of a black magnetic field, that could reform into different shapes. . I literally had to fight and keep my legs and arms in my body. It was furious and would verbalize these loud explosive train sounds, every time I struggled and fought back, as if moving down the train tracks (no trains or subways in that area).

Btw, once the gray woman appeared. Everything completely changed. No fear of the unknown being. And even though I had never seen the gray before, I believed it and trusted it, even though I panicked, as to the fact that I did not comprehend what was happening to be, and had very little said to me in order to explain it in a way that I would understand.

by Anonymousreply 74July 4, 2018 2:29 PM

Of course they exist and have visited Earth since the beginning of time. How do you think the pyramids really got built?

by Anonymousreply 75July 4, 2018 2:42 PM

Sorry for all of the typos. I just took my Pristique, and it makes me very groggy when I first wake up.

I canโ€™t be sure that they exist. Even with a my many experiences. The first one at seven years old was pretty extraordinary, and Iโ€™ll come back to that one after I take a nap.

by Anonymousreply 76July 4, 2018 2:52 PM

And one in ten seem to like it ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77July 4, 2018 3:32 PM

You may recall that back in 2006 when Pluto was re-classified as a dwarf planet, the International Astronomical Union was quick to reassure us: "you may have lost Pluto but you still have Uranus."

by Anonymousreply 78July 4, 2018 3:49 PM

Has anyone here had out of body experiences? Iโ€™d be interested in hearing your stories.

by Anonymousreply 79July 4, 2018 7:38 PM

R79 Do dreams count?

by Anonymousreply 80July 4, 2018 8:14 PM

UFO sightings sure have diminished now that everyone has the ability to take pictures and video at any given moment.

by Anonymousreply 81July 5, 2018 12:41 AM

I visited a black hole last Saturday night, if that counts. There was certainly a benevolent, humanoid presence underneath me. I probed him for a change.

by Anonymousreply 82July 5, 2018 2:55 PM

R80, yes. Since in essence, that is what they are, and we cannot prove otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 83July 5, 2018 5:22 PM

I thought it was RH- that makes you Reptilian, not - factor of the blood type itself.

by Anonymousreply 84July 5, 2018 10:05 PM

Oops, forgot to add the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 5, 2018 10:07 PM

Could Rh-Negative Blood Come from Extraterrestrials? The extraterrestrial explanation is even more problematic because the Rh-Negative gene is clearly a variation of an otherwise completely human gene. Unless it was specifically engineered by extraterrestrials from a pre-existing human gene, it is unlikely that it comes from anything other than Homo Sapiens .

The other problem with the Rh-Negative blood type being the result of hybridization with extraterrestrials is that extraterrestrials are likely to have a completely different biology and genome than human beings. Their genome might not even be based on DNA - but something else such as RNA, or some exotic form of genetic storage that never evolved on Earth. This would make any viable hybrids very improbable if not impossible. As the astronomer Carl Sagan would have put it, it would be easier to make a human-tulip hybrid, than a human-extraterrestrial hybrid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86July 5, 2018 10:18 PM

Op just wants to be anally probed by extraterrestrials

by Anonymousreply 87July 5, 2018 10:41 PM

What is meant by aliens?

Just life forms off earth? Yes of course, in fact itโ€™s thought by many thatโ€™s how life came to earth โ€” when Thea crashed into earth.

Intelligent life forms? Probably.

Intelligent life forms that visit earth? Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 88July 5, 2018 10:56 PM

Astronaut who walked on moon says he knows the truth about aliens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89July 6, 2018 2:26 AM

SETI scientists spot 72 signals 'from alien galaxy' 3bn light years away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 11, 2018 7:41 PM

I like to imagine humans trying to colonize mars and something coming from underground to fuck their shit up.

by Anonymousreply 91September 11, 2018 7:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!