Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rupert Everett on moving in with his mum and crushing on Colin Firth

"He has lived the wild life in Hollywood and New York, partied with Madonna, hung out with Andy Warhol, and sniffed poppers with Hardy Amies but Rupert Everett’s next chapter promises to be more sedate: he’s moving in with his mum.

“It’s done, I’m there,” the actor told Hay literary festival in Wales. “It’s very peculiar, I’m not sure if it’s a wonderful thing, or a tragic thing yet.

“You spend so much energy getting away from home, but there’s something about age … you feel dragged back to the beaches of youth. I don’t know how it’s going to work out.”

--

Moving in his with his mother, a redoubtable figure in her 80s, is his next project. The house in Wiltshire has been split between them. “It is in the countryside, I’m going to be able to work and write and do some other projects.”

Everett, who’s turning 59 on Tuesday, predicted: “There are going to be quite a few ‘star wars’ between us.”

--

His Oscar Wilde film has been screened at film festivals and garnered good reviews with the Guardian’s Peter Bradshaw writing: “It is a part he was born to play, and he does it with exactly the right kind of poignantly ruined magnificence.”

He has speaking in Hay with the BBC’s Alan Yentob, who spent five years making an Imagine documentary on the 10 years it took Everett to make his passion project film.

Everett said it could not have been made without financial backers knowing that Colin Firth would be in it.

He first met Firth as a young man seeing him on stage and having a complete crush. They appeared together in the 1984 film Another Country where Everett went off him.

“I found him incredibly dreary, I thought I can’t believe I fell in love with this bore!” They fell out but, fortunately, became friends 10 years later on the set of Shakespeare in Love."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 5, 2021 7:57 PM

Beryl from next door told me that with all of Rupe's plastic surgery, that his Mum didn't recognize him. When he first entered the house, she thought he was an intruder and called the police.

by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2018 10:42 PM

Christ. How wrinkly would he have been without that career ruining facelift?

by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2018 10:45 PM

[quote]“I found him incredibly dreary, I thought I can’t believe I fell in love with this bore!”

Well, pardon me all to hell. Usually I get paid to entertain people. If you wanted me to turn on the charm, you might have flashed a few Elizabeths.

by Anonymousreply 3May 27, 2018 10:51 PM

A druggie whore only a mother could love.

by Anonymousreply 4May 28, 2018 1:25 AM

Does his Mum know he has the HIV?

by Anonymousreply 5May 28, 2018 1:26 AM

It's a shame about the shitty plastic surgery. He is a talented actor, imo.

by Anonymousreply 6May 28, 2018 2:24 AM

Euromumble, euromumble, euromumble...

by Anonymousreply 7May 28, 2018 2:27 AM

Rupert Everett was quite the dashing looker back in the day. He hasn't aged very well but at 59 we can't expect him to look smashing and young anymore.

He had a fairly good run in movies.

by Anonymousreply 8May 28, 2018 3:31 AM

Rupert in My Best Friend's Wedding (with Miss Bitchy).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 28, 2018 3:35 AM

Quite smouldering back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 28, 2018 3:38 AM

Rupert, you kiss your mother with that surgically enhanced mouth?

by Anonymousreply 11May 28, 2018 3:52 AM

If all you have going for you is your looks, you'd better not age.

by Anonymousreply 12May 28, 2018 3:57 AM

And I thought I had fallen after moving in with my mother at 50. At least I didn’t fall THAT far. Must be really depressing. No wonder he’s seemed like a bitter old grump lately.

by Anonymousreply 13May 28, 2018 4:00 AM

My grandmother moved in with me when she was 80. The first few years were rocky, but the last 3 were wonderful. I don't regret the experience and I miss her very, very much

by Anonymousreply 14May 28, 2018 4:09 AM

Keep us uptodate Rupert.

by Anonymousreply 15May 28, 2018 2:05 PM

Rupert and his mum, Sara

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 28, 2018 2:12 PM

She looks nice.

by Anonymousreply 17May 28, 2018 2:18 PM

R13, he's been a bitter old grump for years. He's pissed that he never became a STAH. He constantly blames that on coming out, but he's generally a lazy actor and he has an off-putting air about him that I'm sure didn't appeal to a larger film audience.

He probably found Firth "boring" because Firth wouldn't sleep with him.

by Anonymousreply 18May 28, 2018 2:43 PM

Side note: the role Firth played in the film of ANOTHER COUNTRY was played by Kenneth Branagh on stage. Wonder if Everett tried to tap that?

Everett goes off on Firth every now and then but I don't recall his saying anything bitchy about Branagh.

by Anonymousreply 19May 28, 2018 2:46 PM

They fucked liked starving minks!

by Anonymousreply 20May 28, 2018 2:51 PM

Everyone goes off on Colin every few years.

by Anonymousreply 21May 28, 2018 3:30 PM

The beard makes his plastic surgery look less severe, but he needs to work on the expression on his face, which seems to be in permanent scowl mode.

I’ve always enjoyed him as an actor. He a capability for comedy, which I think might help him at this point.

by Anonymousreply 22May 28, 2018 3:39 PM

Before we feel too bad for him (lol), any pics of the house?? Country home can range from massive stately pile to single wide trailer!

by Anonymousreply 23May 28, 2018 4:04 PM

Men can age beautifully and still be gorgeous but not in the same (of course) way that we are in our prime youth. Age is age. But, good lord, this guy chopped himself up but good. Ruined his looks. NEVER looked the same after whatever bizarre procedures he had done. Work done on men has to be done extremely well or it ruins everything. It's organic. No eye work. No fillers. Chin and neck? Yes. Hair plugs or transplant? Yes. But, again, only if done extremely well. Whoever worked on this guy should be sued. Rupert Everett has a double whammy because he also has (had?) a shitty personality. Whiney and entitled and angry because "being openly gay ruined his career." Please, bitch. Victim much? So, he's now hideous looking (Rocky Dennis territory) and a bitter old cow. Going to live with mum sounds like a smart strategy. No, I don't know him personally and perhaps I am wrong about his career/personality but from everything I have ever read about him, this is the common theme (being openly gay cost him a career).

by Anonymousreply 24May 28, 2018 4:05 PM

"He's pissed that he never became a STAH. He constantly blames that on coming out, but he's generally a lazy actor and he has an off-putting air about him that I'm sure didn't appeal to a larger film audience."

Please, it's not like he was playing Tom Cruise type roles BEFORE he came out, so he needs to get over it.

by Anonymousreply 25May 28, 2018 4:10 PM

[quote]I’m going to be able to work and write and do some other projects.

And I'll be taking the scrub brush to his pants.

by Anonymousreply 26May 28, 2018 4:18 PM

They look more like older brother and younger sister in pic at R16.

by Anonymousreply 27May 28, 2018 4:29 PM

[quote]Age is age. But, good lord, this guy chopped himself up but good. Ruined his looks. NEVER looked the same after whatever bizarre procedures he had done

He really messed himself up. It looks a bit more settled than before. He was on a BBC2 series titled "Quacks" and he now just merely looks old instead of Frankenstein's Monster.

A joint interview with Rupert and Colin Firth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 28, 2018 4:29 PM

I dont know why but it always shocks me to see people who age badly. I guess I can never understand how someone can be so damn gorgeous,then 30 years later they are unrecognizable. More than once Ive looked up old boyfriends and tricks and been completely flabbergasted at how little remains of their hotness. I guess Im lucky in that I look older but still like myself (and yes,I was hot).

by Anonymousreply 29May 28, 2018 4:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 28, 2018 4:37 PM

RE's hideous outward appearance is a direct reflection of the rot within.

by Anonymousreply 31May 28, 2018 4:38 PM

Back in the 90's I would run into Rupert every other year or so in a sauna or sex club in a classy city like Vienna, Geneva, and Munich. We both had the lithe youthful look still possible in gay years, in dark places. Now is he OK having eldergay sex next to mom's place, or has he lost his mojo? I'm a couple years younger than he is but I haven't completely retired my hole. I wouldn't want mom seeing some the creatures still willing give me a ride.

by Anonymousreply 32May 28, 2018 4:42 PM

My room mate tricked with him in the big 80's. He always called him Poopert Everett. Nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 33May 28, 2018 4:42 PM

Sorry if this goes off topic, but a lot of hot guys resent their looks and do self destructive things to lose their looks fast, because they believe, or rather hope, that as soon they lose their looks people will finally love and respect them for something else than their looks.

by Anonymousreply 34May 28, 2018 4:47 PM

That's ridiculous R34.

by Anonymousreply 35May 28, 2018 4:52 PM

but so so true.

by Anonymousreply 36May 28, 2018 4:57 PM

[quote] We both had the lithe youthful look still possible in gay years, in dark places.

What the fuck does this even mean?

by Anonymousreply 37May 28, 2018 5:03 PM

r34 Agree. Same with tat addiction.

by Anonymousreply 38May 28, 2018 5:06 PM

Rupert doesn't like gay marriage very much. From wikipedia:

Everett has been an outspoken critic towards the introduction of same-sex marriage, stating: '"I loathe heterosexual weddings. The wedding cake, the party, the champagne, the inevitable divorce two years later. It's just a waste of time in the heterosexual world, and in the homosexual world I find it personally beyond tragic that we want to ape this institution that is so clearly a disaster."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 28, 2018 5:21 PM

He's right about that ^

by Anonymousreply 40May 28, 2018 5:22 PM

Plastic surgery does not work to fight age!

by Anonymousreply 41May 28, 2018 5:22 PM

R40, so wonderful that you're self-loathing enough to not want rights.

by Anonymousreply 42May 28, 2018 5:24 PM

It isn't self-loathing it's about aesthetics. In terms of rights, our rights are still in jeopardy as it was decided that "marriage" was more important than housing and employment rights for gay people, which have still not been secured nation-wide.

by Anonymousreply 43May 28, 2018 5:27 PM

r42,

not r40, but on one hand, yes, it's nice to have the option to marry the one you love, but on the other it's very likely that the one you love most today turns out to be the one you hate most further down the road.

And r39's quote rings true to me, but then I come from a fucked up home where I grew up with my grandmother being beaten up by my grandfather and my dad beating me and my mom.

And just to clarify. I think it's great to have the option to marry, but I don't see myself to get married. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 44May 28, 2018 5:31 PM

Why would anyone want their 59-year-old son moving back in with them? I assume he ran that by her but why she would agree is beyond me. Unless she's lonely. I hope it's a very large house.

He ruined his face with bad plastic surgery. And all the partying didn't help. Running with the vampiress Madonna would age anyone.

by Anonymousreply 45May 28, 2018 5:38 PM

Oh Rupert, are you sure she wants you to stay with her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 28, 2018 5:42 PM

It's like Hal Holbrooke forever playing Mark Twain. No one wants to see Rupert forever playing Oscar Wilde. At least the hair and make up cover up his botched plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 47May 28, 2018 5:52 PM

I saw the documentary they made about him on TV last week.

It showed him going to the new house and overseeing the work. Looks like a big house.

He's almost 60 and she's in her 80s and a widow - she needs looking after and will need more looking after in the near future so they've decided to do this. Bit like getting "mom" to move in with you in old age.

He's writing more etc...and thinks it will be a good idea to live in the country and he wants to take care of her.

by Anonymousreply 48May 28, 2018 6:03 PM

This was ONLY 20 years ago!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 28, 2018 6:09 PM

Twenty years ago is not a little amount of time.

by Anonymousreply 50May 28, 2018 6:13 PM

At the Film Forum today. Would you recognize him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 18, 2018 5:43 AM

R37 Meaning not gym queens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 18, 2018 6:24 AM

Looking very rough. And not in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 53October 18, 2018 6:26 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 18, 2018 6:50 AM

I’ve never been particularly interested in him, but someone gave me his autobiography so I read it, and it was a hoot. It was well written and felt honest too.

by Anonymousreply 55October 18, 2018 6:51 AM

Gay men all end up in bed with their mother, one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 56October 18, 2018 7:32 AM

Who the fuck is Hardy Aimes?

by Anonymousreply 57October 18, 2018 10:21 AM

[quote]Who the fuck is Hardy Aimes?

Hardy AMIES was the Queen's preferred fashion designer. Quite successful in his day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 18, 2018 10:47 AM

Rupert is a good writer. Try one of his books.

by Anonymousreply 59October 18, 2018 11:21 AM

Have to admit I get queasy too when gay couples ape straight weddings. I’m all for the equal legal protections of marriage but not enthusiastic about weddings and being “given away” etc. even at the straight events. So when a gay couple does the whole shebang it’s almost creepy. I never let on about my dislike of weddings to the couples straight or gay. I fall into line with all the nonsense and hope they don’t divorce!

by Anonymousreply 60October 18, 2018 11:38 AM

I was dating a Brit here in NYC in 1997 who was a friend of Rupert's from London. My ex always joked that he gave Rupert his first Quaalude. New Years Eve found Rupert in NYC and my friend and I were all invited to meet him at his hotel room at the Paramount before heading to the Roxy. Rupert was a standoffish prick. Very unfriendly to the other people in the room. My ex and I even invited a beautiful Brazilian guy who was new to NYC to join us in the hope that they would hit it off. This Brazilian guy spoke limited English and never heard of Rupert before (I told him about his film career in the cab over). Rupert was so singlehandedly snobby to everyone in the group that this Brazilian blew him off without a second thought, much to Rupert's disappointment. I have met celebs before who have been very down to earth and friendly, but Rupert was not one of them, not by a long shot. Arrogant and dismissive. I do have to give credit where credit is due, because at the time I remember how tall he was and how he had the best head of hair around...his body was very fit too. I can only imagine what a demanding queen he would be in bed.

by Anonymousreply 61October 18, 2018 11:43 AM

Being a hot, handsome and in demand gay man makes aging soul crushing for most. For those average Joes under 30 out there, be grateful - you are forced to learn to value more than your and others appearance. It’s a blessing in disguise.

by Anonymousreply 62October 18, 2018 4:09 PM

He looks like an Angry Michael Stipe.

by Anonymousreply 63October 18, 2018 4:27 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 4, 2021 2:41 AM

Why do British men age so badly? Cary Elwes seems to have escaped so far.

by Anonymousreply 65March 4, 2021 2:47 AM

Discussing his overwhelming sexual attraction to her, he said: 'She had a fragility that was erotic to men. She could break if you squeezed her too hard.

'She had a tiny waist that you could put your hands around and your fingers would nearly touch. This was her most extraordinary feature, because it gave the man she let hold her a sense of protective power; even if you were gay, you could not help but feel turned on.'

Weird.

by Anonymousreply 66March 4, 2021 2:51 AM

He such a fake whore - he never says I had sex with her, he says I had an affair. Sounds more like My Best Friends Wedding.

by Anonymousreply 67March 4, 2021 2:53 AM

He's a nut case and an absolute whore. I bumped into him on Sunset last year and he nearly pushed me off the sidewalk. I called him a two bit whore and he slugged me over the head with a bag of quarters.

by Anonymousreply 68March 4, 2021 3:24 AM

But as every reviewer acknowledges, he's an absolutely brilliant writer.

by Anonymousreply 69March 4, 2021 3:37 AM

R61

So basis of your hate was that Rupert Everett couldn't be bothered with some man he didn't know despite the Brazilian's alleged physical beauty?

by Anonymousreply 70March 4, 2021 3:56 AM

Colin Firth is a bore though

by Anonymousreply 71March 4, 2021 4:22 AM

Jesus, was there a man who Paula Yates didn't fuck?

by Anonymousreply 72March 4, 2021 4:27 AM

He smells good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73March 5, 2021 7:51 PM

Someone posted a picture of a cock in her anus, you could see her vag and it was the most disgusting used up, busted hole, like she's been fisted, the vag was size of grand canyon.

Someone had commented that no wonder the guy had to fuck her in the ass lol

by Anonymousreply 74March 5, 2021 7:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!