Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ripley's Believe it or Not

Did anyone read these books, growing up? When I was a lad the comic books were old and recycled, although I think they went back to the 1940s. I loved the drawings and the weird factoids about everything. Sparked my imagination quite a lot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2018 6:15 PM

Only the TV show.

by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2018 6:08 PM

I liked the TV show too. And of course the little museum-type things like the one in San Antonio. They actually have a lot of unusual artifacts on display.

Interesting factoid is that Ripley hired a man to sit in the NY public library and research topics for him for 10 hours a day all week, for fifty years, to find things to put in the comic books and so forth.

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2018 6:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!