Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Queen (Claire Foy) on UPSTAIRS DOWNSTAIRS

I didn't get very enamored of THE CROWN or really Claire Foy, as the character's kind of one note, and I don't really care about the monarchy that much. But I was desperately nosing around on amazon prime last week, and found the short-lived (2 seasons) sequel to PBS's UPSTAIRS DOWNSTAIRS (2010)....and lo and behold, Claire Foy is really good in it!

She plays the spoiled, reckless, but rather sad Lady Percy....kind of based on Unity Mitford, a bit.

Anyway, if one wants to see her in something less staid than THE CROWN, they might check this out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2018 11:43 PM

Sorry, we [italic] will [/italic] discuss UPSTAIRS DOWNSTAIRS: A NEW CHAPTER, bitches.

Unless you want to move on to HOME FIRES (2015)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2018 8:50 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2018 8:50 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2018 8:51 PM

I first saw her in the BBC LITTLE DORRIT with Matthew Macfayden, and she was wonderful in that.

by Anonymousreply 4May 22, 2018 9:52 PM

THANKS!

There's a lot of dregs on amazon prime and I sometimes feel I've culled all the good stuff from there.

I will check it out : )

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2018 9:55 PM

I really like Claire in The Crown.

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2018 11:35 PM

I loved the sequel even if many did not. IMHO it was so much smarter than Downton Abbey. I'll definitely look for it on Amazon.

And the chauffeur!

Thanks, OP!

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2018 11:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!