Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Harriet Sansom Harris-Character Actress: An Appreciation Thread

She was Bebe Glazer, Frasier's Evil Agent, also as Barbara Rose in Phantom Thread, she is highly underrated! I love her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2020 6:08 AM

She stole the show, playing all the female characters in off-Broadway’s “Jeffrey”. Recently, again off-Broadway,, she was both amazingly funny and touching in “The Low Road”.

by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2018 7:37 AM

Great actress! One of the best.

by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2018 8:04 AM

Bebe took over every scene!

by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2018 8:10 AM

Still remember her from the "Eve" episode on X Files.

by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2018 8:41 AM

That scene OP posted was one of the highlights of that series.

by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2018 9:06 AM

I saw her perform in Sweeney Todd - yes, she was Mrs. Lovett, and this summer, if you think you want to really laugh, she's playing Sr. Mary Ignatius in Durang's play, Sr. Mary Ignatious Explains it All for You.

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2018 9:13 AM

She was hilarious in Phantom Thread

by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2018 9:15 AM

One of my favorite moments in Six Feet Under was her opening the casket of her dead husband and berating the fuck out of him. God, what a great show. It really made the best of the talented cast.

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2018 11:28 AM

In addition to her Sr. Mary Ignatius, she's going to be in the cast of new musical this summer. Barrington Stage is premiering Bill Finn's Royal Family of Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 9May 3, 2018 4:34 PM

This lady is a joy to watch in anything. Bebe was a brilliant character. And although I suspect it is entirely forgotten now, I thought she was hilarious with Eileen Heckart in The 5 Mrs Buchanans.

by Anonymousreply 10May 3, 2018 4:39 PM

Equally terrifying as Bebe and Eve!

Harriet's scenes with Stephen Tobolowsky were the best parts of "Memento."

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2018 2:30 AM

Now, *I* want a cigarette! She was pretty funny in Desperate Housewives, too.

by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2018 2:39 AM

I've worked with Harriet on a few shows over many years and happy to report she is also a generous, kind and sweet lady, a thorough pro with a great sense of humor about herself.

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2018 2:41 AM

She's hardly "underrated," OP. She won a Drama Desk Award and a Tony for "Thoroughly Modern Millie."

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2018 4:36 PM

R10 I, too, loved her in The 5 Mrs. Buchanans, I can't believe that show with her, Judith Ivey, and Eileen Heckart couldn't make it. Harriet is one of those great actresses whom whenever I see them, I think "this is going to be good."

by Anonymousreply 15May 4, 2018 4:44 PM

I adored her as Felicia Tilman!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2020 5:59 AM

Her character is so great in 'Phantom Thread"--an impossibly rich but dump and middle-aged heiress who knows her Latin American playboy fiancé is marrying her only for her money, and who deeply loathes herself.

by Anonymousreply 17April 7, 2020 6:05 AM

For many years she was just "Harriet Harris", which is a fantastic alliterative name and perfect for her, but ruined that by changing it to the very IMPORTANT sounding yet difficult to spit out "Harriet Sansom Harris".

I don't like names that don't flow.

by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2020 6:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!