Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sweet pit bull

Such a good dog!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 5, 2018 7:48 PM

Don't put him down. He was turning his life around!

by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2018 8:51 PM

They're sweet dogs.

And they are great with kids!

by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2018 8:53 PM

So CUUUUUUUTTTE!!!! MOST Pits are great--and it's nice to see the good, positive exposure!!

by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2018 8:59 PM

Jekyll and Hyde. Truly.

by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2018 9:06 PM

It's all fun and games until they eat you.

by Anonymousreply 5April 26, 2018 9:07 PM

Another story in yesterday’s news about a Pit chewing a stranger’s foot off on a New York subway train. The owner couldn’t even get the dog to release his grip and the dog kept shaking his head like a shark or an alligator.

Civilized society does not need guns or Pit Bulls. They’re evil.

by Anonymousreply 6April 26, 2018 9:08 PM

It's not "infuriating," R2. But you are pathetic for gleefully ignoring facts. You'll be "infuriated" when one of these miscreant breed eats your arm off.

"A five-year review of dog-bite injuries from the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, published in 2009 in the journal Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, found that almost 51 percent of the attacks were from pit bulls, almost 9 percent were from Rottweilers and 6 percent were from mixes of those two breeds."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 26, 2018 9:11 PM

More again, with pictures, for the stupid people like R2:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 26, 2018 9:12 PM

Troll bait. Muriel pulls these down pretty quick, so get your licks in.

by Anonymousreply 9April 26, 2018 9:15 PM

The best pitbull I ever saw was a 2 week puppy called Joe. I can’t descibe the sweetness. I asked to pet another one at the vets’ the other day and she was a sweetie too. But her owner was huge and the dog had a heavy steel chain around her neck. He said he was bringing her up right. I believed him but I don’t think that’s the norm. They are huge and strong. Hard to control.

by Anonymousreply 10April 26, 2018 9:20 PM

Pit Bull is the Bandersnatch of dog breeds

by Anonymousreply 11April 26, 2018 9:25 PM

Pit Bull is the inbred white trash gun-toting Trumpian of dog breeds.

by Anonymousreply 12April 26, 2018 9:45 PM

The only sweet pit bull, is a DEAD pit bull.

by Anonymousreply 13April 26, 2018 10:09 PM

My parents have a pit mix. So, it will eat one of them soon, though it has been 10 years?

by Anonymousreply 14April 26, 2018 10:11 PM

No, it'll only half-eat them.

by Anonymousreply 15April 26, 2018 10:11 PM

“There are no bad dogs, only bad owners” “My pit is the biggest mush. She’s afraid of her own shadow” “Pit bulls used to be nanny dogs, that’s how gentle they are with children!”

by Anonymousreply 16April 26, 2018 10:17 PM

until they eat them.

by Anonymousreply 17April 26, 2018 10:22 PM

We had a pit bull mix named Max in the early 00s. He was a very sweet dog most of the time, but holy crap he loathed the UPS guy. He (Max, not the UPS guy) was surprisingly strong. He was also loyal and loved to rest his huge head on my knee. Gosh, I miss my boy. He died at 9 or so from lung cancer.

by Anonymousreply 18April 26, 2018 10:24 PM

It's all in the training. Much like humans, as you can tell from the hateful, unpleasant people on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 19April 27, 2018 12:07 AM

Pit bull tried to bite off my friend's 3 year old son last week. He's home now after enduring the first of many surgeries he will need. They should be outlawed.

by Anonymousreply 20April 27, 2018 12:12 AM

I prefer to call them “Nanny Dogs!”

by Anonymousreply 21April 27, 2018 12:18 AM

[quote] They should be outlawed.

Or, you know, people could be held responsible for their dogs AND their kids.

by Anonymousreply 22April 27, 2018 12:31 AM

The kid was playing ball in the park with his family. Pit Bull didn't like it. I am a major dog lover but that breed needs to die out.

by Anonymousreply 23April 27, 2018 3:33 AM

Fern the Junkyard Pit Bull is a sweet pit bull.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 5, 2018 11:47 PM

I just saw this R24.

Fern is a sweetie!

by Anonymousreply 25May 5, 2018 11:53 PM

Either Russian troll post, or an unhinged weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 26May 5, 2018 11:55 PM

R26 speaking about yourself, dear?

by Anonymousreply 27May 5, 2018 11:56 PM

Pit bulls are deadly. They should be outlawed.

by Anonymousreply 28May 5, 2018 11:57 PM

r27 i hope it’s speaking about me. those russkies have a reputation for being uncut and hung, so if it keeps calling me russian my penis may take the hint

by Anonymousreply 29May 5, 2018 11:58 PM

Shrieking prisspots should be outlawed.

by Anonymousreply 30May 5, 2018 11:58 PM

Dodo is a HUGE pit propaganda site

[quote] It's all in the training. Much like humans

They are not humans. There is no comparison to humans and dogs. None. We do not breed people for specific genetic traits. We breed dogs though for specific genetic traits.

You cannot deny animal science and genetics unless you are a total idiot.

The worst aspect of pits is that they seem sweet and loving until they are not. They give no warning before they "turn". Which is why all the pit owners who lovingly raised their pits all say they can't understand why their sweet furbaby pibble killed their child/that old lady/whatever.

Anecdotal evidence of sweetness is useless. It does not negate the terrible statistics for fatalities and serious injuries. It is time to begin to make it extinct.

by Anonymousreply 31May 6, 2018 12:02 AM

R31's anecdotal shrieking is also useless.

by Anonymousreply 32May 6, 2018 12:08 AM

The truth is in the stats, R32. Ignore them at your peril.

by Anonymousreply 33May 6, 2018 12:11 AM

I'm living in the real world, around pit bulls that are sweet and loving. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 34May 6, 2018 12:37 AM

sweet puppehs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 6, 2018 12:39 AM

They have ugly drooling jaws and beady eyes.. There is nothing "cute" about this breed.

by Anonymousreply 36May 6, 2018 12:41 AM

I have known some incredibly sweet, docile pit-mixes, and some mean, crazy ones. The problem is that when it goes wrong with a pit -- it goes VERY, VERY wrong. They are capable of inflicting lethal harm, more so than most breeds (not all), because of their jaw strength, and their tenacity. They clamp down & won't let go! Unless specifically trained to hang on (police/guard dogs), most breeds will "snap & release". Why can't the apologists understand that makes people (even dog-lovers) extremely leery of them?

by Anonymousreply 37May 6, 2018 2:52 AM

If it were up to me I'd put down every dog hater, especially the Pit Bull haters, and most especially the unhinged asshole who has been posting insane anti-Pit Bull screeds on DL for years.

by Anonymousreply 38May 6, 2018 6:40 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 6, 2018 6:56 AM

Pitbulls. Obnoxious, entitled parents. Pitbulls. Obnoxious, entitled kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 6, 2018 7:11 AM

I feel pretty confident that my 18 lb Poodle/Schnauzer/Chihuahua-mix isn't going to maul anyone.

by Anonymousreply 41May 6, 2018 7:18 AM

R38 I hope one of your fabulous pit bulls "loves" you to death.

by Anonymousreply 42May 6, 2018 5:48 PM

R38 = BFSH

by Anonymousreply 43May 6, 2018 6:09 PM

The pit nutters all say the same thing. I know sweet pits blah blah blah.

The problem is you cannot distinguish those that will end up "turning" and those that won't. And as evidenced all too frequently when they "turn on" they will not stop until they kill their prey or are physically stopped, best done by a gun. They will not obey their owners, they will not respect prior relationships with family members.

There is some kind of crazy psychology that goes into anyone who refuses to look at the horrific statistics and chooses to have such an unpredictable, dangerous breed. It's similar to those crazy women who correspond with serial killers and Charlie Manson hoping to marry them. Or that mother who still adores her son who killed his sister/her daughter. I think they think this makes them edgy or something.

And, yes, they are ugly dogs and not too smart at that.

by Anonymousreply 44May 6, 2018 10:53 PM

My grandparents had one in the 1960s. Bozo looked damn mean, but he was a good babysitter for us. He'd keep an eye on us in the yard or basement rumpus room. And he'd sleep in the window seat of the guest room when we slept over. His only fault was terrible gas.

by Anonymousreply 45May 6, 2018 10:56 PM

[R38] Sorry, [R42], I'm a Basset Hound person, but I love all dogs and get angry when anyone tries to harm them.

by Anonymousreply 46May 7, 2018 12:35 AM

People are trying to keep pits from harming others - people, other pets, livestock. If you cared at all about animals you'd want to see the pit problem resolved. No other breed causes the amount of harm this breed does. There can be a humane elimination of the breed with current pets neutered and chipped and properly maintained. France did it. There are plenty of breeds for people to love.

by Anonymousreply 47May 7, 2018 12:40 AM

Such a pretty girl!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 5, 2018 1:58 PM

The breed needs to be terminated.

by Anonymousreply 49June 5, 2018 3:40 PM

No pit bulls are sweet, they're ugly and mean.

by Anonymousreply 50June 5, 2018 3:59 PM

I recently looked (online) at the dogs up for adoption at my local animal shelter. About 90% were pit bulls or pit bull mixes. I don't remember this being the case the last time I got a shelter dog (maybe 12 years ago). I am a dog lover, but I would never own a pit bull.

It's a shame, really, that there are so many dogs that are dangerous and menaces to society. It's not their fault. But the breed should be eradicated.

by Anonymousreply 51June 5, 2018 4:05 PM

What R51 said.

by Anonymousreply 52June 5, 2018 4:08 PM

Pit Bulls aren't a breed. That's part of the problem. Breeds do carry genetic characteristics including behavior. People who breed the various mixes and breeds that are identified as Pit Bulls don't do a very good job. For example someone up thread mentioned they like Basset Hounds. The vast majority of registered Basset Hound breeders will not breed an animal with a genetic flaw - this includes physical and character flaws. That's not the history of Pit Bull breeding.

The challenge is banning a breed doesn't help. Another breed will just pop up with same characteristics that caused the Pit Bull breeds and mixes to be banned.

by Anonymousreply 53June 5, 2018 5:45 PM

Such a good girl!

by Anonymousreply 54June 5, 2018 7:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!