Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

One's PHILTRUM

Philtrum: the vertical groove between the base of the nose and the border of the upper lip.

Another DLer taught me this word (thank you).

Mine is too long and fat (which pushes it outward). It makes me look simian. I guess it's the whole upper lip.

Anyone else have this problem? Has anyone had it modified?

All my life, since puberty, I've been VERY self-conscious about it...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 26, 2018 11:01 PM

I love a big bugger trough.

by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2018 3:58 PM

If I make a lot of money in my speculative business, I'm going to spend a chunk on going to Korea, seeing the sights, and then getting comprehensive plastic surgery on my face and stretch marks (thighs).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2018 4:02 PM

Are Koreans good at working on non-Asian faces? And surgery for stretch marks?

by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2018 4:09 PM

R3, looks like it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2018 4:12 PM

Interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 26, 2018 4:15 PM

r5 Those 'shopped looks are so much better!

by Anonymousreply 6April 26, 2018 4:34 PM

The philtrum is the taint of the face.

by Anonymousreply 7April 26, 2018 4:34 PM

If you don't have one, your mother was an irresponsible whore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 26, 2018 4:43 PM

Years of fucking with her face gave Faye Dunaway a huuuuge philtrum. She looked very simian. But, in the last year or so, she had a lip lift or something else in conjunction with more lip filler to reduce the problem.

by Anonymousreply 9April 26, 2018 4:55 PM

OP You should feel self conscious. I feel sorry for you. Sounds horrible. Don't post a pic.

by Anonymousreply 10April 26, 2018 5:06 PM

You should accept yourself the way you are and work on your character and compassion to make yourself attractive to people of quality and intellect and not just superficial narcissists who are delusional about their own appearance and will stab you in the back eventually.

I have an unattractive nose, and for most of my life it has been seen as unacceptable to alter one's face for vanity, and now, when I can afford it and it is almost expected (I am still afraid of the pain), why should I look completely different when I have a wonderful life the way that I am?

by Anonymousreply 11April 26, 2018 5:12 PM

Op, your philtrum seems ok. It’s your lack of a jaw that’s scary.

by Anonymousreply 12April 26, 2018 5:14 PM

I’ve always called it a snot gutter.

by Anonymousreply 13April 26, 2018 11:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!