Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Halle Berry Wants "Catwoman 2" Due to "Black Panther" Success

2004’s Catwoman is not a beloved film. However, Halle Berry, who starred in that critically derided movie, says that Black Panther has Catwoman to thank for its success, though she was probably joking.

Berry was presenting the award for Outstanding Individual Episode (in a series without a regular LGBTQ character) to Master of None‘s Lena Waithe at Thursday’s GLAAD Media Awards when she talked about Catwoman. “Each story builds on the next,” Berry said. “It’s like that old saying goes: behind every Black Panther is a great black Catwoman!”

“You know, I’ve gotten a really bad rap for this role,” she continued, “and I think Catwoman deserves another goddamn chance, don’t you?” The audience responded with cheers and applause. “I knew this room would understand,” she replied.

Berry’s remarks seem to be meant as tongue-in-cheek jokes, as she’s always been opening about the movie’s problems and failure. The actress even showed up to receive her Razzie Award for Worst Actress in 2005, where she called thanked Warner Bros. for putting her “in a piece of shit, god-awful movie.”

Catwoman is often considered one of the worst films of all time and only grossed $82 million on a budget of $100 million. Catwoman currently sits at 9% on Rotten Tomatoes. The movie starred Halle Berry as Patience Phillips, not Selina Kyle.

Black Panther is still in the midst of a record-breaking run and has earned over $1.3 billion worldwide. Recently, the film overtook Titanic to become the third highest-grossing film ever in the United States.

Coming to digital and 4K UHD on May 8 and Blu-Ray and DVD on May 15, director Ryan Coogler’s Black Panther stars Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa/Black Panther, Michael B. Jordan as N’Jadaka/Erik “Killmonger” Stevens, Lupita Nyong’o as Nakia, Danai Gurira as Okoye, Forest Whitaker as Zuri and Andy Serkis as Ulysses Klaue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 15, 2018 4:28 PM

Alternative headline: Halle Berry is desperate to be relevant again.

by Anonymousreply 1April 14, 2018 11:04 PM

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA I adore Halle and always will but we most definitely do not need a Catwoman 2

by Anonymousreply 2April 14, 2018 11:05 PM

She would have been smarter to lobby for a part in the Black Panther prequel/ sequel.

by Anonymousreply 3April 14, 2018 11:14 PM

I think they should revisit CatWoman, although she should be no where near the project.

by Anonymousreply 4April 14, 2018 11:15 PM

Maybe she could play Catwoman's mentor, CatGrandma.

by Anonymousreply 5April 14, 2018 11:18 PM

hell to the no

she tired and fug

catwoman was worst movie of the decase

by Anonymousreply 6April 14, 2018 11:27 PM

Halle Berry is crazy. This is just more proof that she is.

by Anonymousreply 7April 14, 2018 11:30 PM

I saw this in a theater when it came out and I actually enjoyed it. Was it great? Hell no. But it was entertaining for the most part. Michelle Pfeiffer will always be Catwoman though. Michelle fucking nailed that character.

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2018 12:49 AM

her movies flop

her chat shows flop

she fug fake n fickery

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2018 5:27 AM

I loved her Catwoman movie.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2018 6:17 AM

they really need to raid her house and get that Best Actress Oscar back and give it to Viola.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2018 6:25 AM

check out her face and skin color yrs ago

.....nother bleach one.

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2018 6:40 AM

Halle should start a #metoo campaign against Adrian Brody. That kiss was almost molestation and then he boasts how it was in her goody bad. She doesn't seem to have enjoyed it all. (and why would she? Yuck)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2018 6:49 AM

[quote] She would have been smarter to lobby for a part in the Black Panther prequel/ sequel.

No one has ever accused Halle of being smart

by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2018 7:26 AM

She wants to win another Razzie Award

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2018 7:27 AM

What's up with Catwoman and women acting desperate and crazy to play her? Sean Young in the 90s (on the Joan Rivers show) and now Halle Berry? Just let it go.

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2018 9:00 AM

she won so many razzies they call her

CATRAZZ

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2018 9:28 AM

Wouldn't mind another Catwoman movie but with the way DC movies are going....😕

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2018 3:26 PM

Cat woman MIGHT work with a younger actress as a reboot. Berry still looks good for her age. But she is too old now for this part and this needs to sink into her thick head. Most of her film choices since her Oscar have been horrible. She needs to turn to the small screen at this point.

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2018 3:33 PM

[Quote] She needs to turn to the small screen at this point.

She starred in Extant.

by Anonymousreply 20April 15, 2018 4:10 PM

Boy, her PR person must be working overtime. An award from GLAAD? She hasn't done anything relevant for years.

by Anonymousreply 21April 15, 2018 4:10 PM

R20 I’m aware I watched the show. I meant turn to it again.

by Anonymousreply 22April 15, 2018 4:24 PM

R9 When did Halle ever have a chat show? Oh wait. She never did. What the fuck are you talking about, bitch?

by Anonymousreply 23April 15, 2018 4:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!