Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'Men in Black' Rebooted With Tessa Thompson And Chris Hemsworth

[quote]Akin to how [italic]Jurassic World[/italic] revived the [italic]Jurassic Park[/italic] film series, Sony’s reboot is to feature new characters rather than Agents K and J, portrayed by original trilogy stars Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith, respectively, and will build on the contemporary sci-fi world in which they operated.

[quote][italic]Fate of the Furious[/italic] filmmaker F. Gary Gray is set to direct the movie, written by [italic]Iron Man[/italic] screenwriters Matt Holloway and Art Marcum. Walter F. Parkes and Laurie MacDonald are back as producers, while Steven Spielberg is returning as executive producer. The studio has the film dated for June 14, 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 25, 2019 5:25 PM

Because Ghostbusters was gangbusters. Is Hemsworth stupid or suffering from amnesia?

by Anonymousreply 1March 22, 2018 1:24 AM

r1 What made you connect this movie to that one? It's not an all-female reboot. And Chris was great in that movie anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2March 22, 2018 1:26 AM

Geez did the producers not see Westworld? This chick almost single-handed my ruined every scene she was in she was so bad. Sorry just keeping it real!!

by Anonymousreply 3March 22, 2018 1:26 AM

Single-handedly ***.

by Anonymousreply 4March 22, 2018 1:27 AM

r3 Huh? Tessa was the breakout star of 'Thor: Ragnarok' and more recently shined in 'Annihilation'. I thought she was fine in 'Westworld' but her character was badly written.

by Anonymousreply 5March 22, 2018 1:31 AM

I wasn't a big fan of her in Westworld, but she did shine in Thor: Ragnarok.

The two of them worked well off each other, which is exactly why they put the two of them together for this film.

by Anonymousreply 6March 22, 2018 1:36 AM

She sucked in Westworld.

by Anonymousreply 7March 22, 2018 11:56 PM

Tessa Thompson has officially come out and confirmed that she is, in fact, vibrating on the same frequency as Janelle Monáe

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2018 6:13 PM

Her face looks like an eggplant after a couple rounds of Prednizone.

Agree with the posters who say she ruined all of her scenes in Westworld. I saw her first in WW and was appalled by how bad an actress she was.

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2018 6:49 PM

She's not very good. This not a good idea. But then. . . Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2018 6:52 PM

Chris Hemsworth is no great thespian either, no reason to single her out.

This movie will be more about their comedic skill than real dramatic acting, they will do fine.

by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2018 6:53 PM

She’s very cute

by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2018 7:39 PM

Her first scene in Thor was awful but after that she was adequate. Actually I don't remember her in the rest of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2018 9:10 PM

Trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 20, 2018 4:27 PM

This chick looks like a Black teen boy doing drag.

by Anonymousreply 15December 20, 2018 4:30 PM

Did anyone like number 3?

by Anonymousreply 16December 20, 2018 4:33 PM

It was the buddy chemistry between Jones and Smith that made the original fun.

I'm fine with new agents in black, but they've got to be fun together.

Neither of these two strike me as comic and straight man. Two action heroes won't really make this interesting.

by Anonymousreply 17December 20, 2018 4:38 PM

I didn't want to like the trailer but I did. Liam looks good. He terrible in the last pictures I saw of him.

by Anonymousreply 18December 20, 2018 4:40 PM

uuuumm they were cast because of their chemistry in Thor Ragnorak.

by Anonymousreply 19December 20, 2018 4:41 PM

Exactly, R19, and it looks like in this trailer their chemistry is truly legit. Thompson and Hemsworth really play well off each other. Hemsworth have more chemistry with Thompson than Natalie Portman, that's for sure.

And I like that Emma Thompson is in this, too. I'm definitely checking it out.

by Anonymousreply 20December 20, 2018 4:50 PM

[quote]uuuumm they were cast because of their chemistry in Thor Ragnorak.

Different characters with a different relationship.

In a Men in Black, there has been in the past a lot more to the individual relationship.

It might work or it might be Julia Roberts and Richard Gere; Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks; Dan Aykryod and Chevy Chase; Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore

by Anonymousreply 21December 20, 2018 5:10 PM

New trailer. Seems fun enough.

June 14.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 25, 2019 2:06 PM

Why do I think it won't have the wit of the original MIB?

by Anonymousreply 23April 25, 2019 2:11 PM

Another white washed piece of shit Hollywood is producing.

That business is dying a horrible death. So much fucking incompetents in the movie business these days.

by Anonymousreply 24April 25, 2019 2:12 PM

I can’t stand either one of them. Hope it bombs.

by Anonymousreply 25April 25, 2019 2:16 PM

[quote] And I like that Emma Thompson is in this, too

Will she be the extraterrestrial lecturing the MiB on not eating meat and the goodness of welcoming illegal aliens ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 25, 2019 2:56 PM

the new trailer looks fun, you guys are really a bunch of grouchy assholes

by Anonymousreply 27April 25, 2019 2:58 PM

I'd watch that.

by Anonymousreply 28April 25, 2019 3:14 PM

Enough with the reboots! I also really like the first men in black film.

by Anonymousreply 29April 25, 2019 3:43 PM

Is Will Smith now officially a has-been?

by Anonymousreply 30April 25, 2019 5:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!