Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did Al Corley leave Dynasty?

What was the gay reaction like? Did you prefer him to the replacement Jack Coleman?

I ask because a few weeks ago a local news show in LA was interviewing people (I think near Malibu) and it was Corley.

by Anonymousreply 18March 23, 2018 11:37 PM

Steven was a pompous douche either way.

Both actors were good looking though.

by Anonymousreply 1March 18, 2018 2:35 AM

Al Corley had a music career to attend to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 18, 2018 3:08 AM

His leaving was a big loss. Fake Steven sucked. I believe he left because they started to de-gay Steven and he got bored.

by Anonymousreply 3March 18, 2018 4:04 AM

was that before or after the Thompson Twins r2?

Sounds and looks just like them.

by Anonymousreply 4March 18, 2018 4:07 AM

R4, that song was recorded and released in 1984. The Thompson Twins formed in 1977 (although they didn't start having hits until 1983).

Corley's song went to #1 in France, and was huge in other parts of Europe. It was produced by Harold Faltermeyer, who just prior to that had produced Branigan's "Self Control".

Corley left Dynasty specifically to become a musician.

by Anonymousreply 5March 20, 2018 1:57 AM

He actually left the show because the writers and producers wouldn’t allow Steven to be gay full time.

Corley was ok I actually preferred Jack Coleman in the role. He was more alive in the role and a better actor.

by Anonymousreply 6March 20, 2018 2:02 AM

[quote]It was produced by Harold Faltermeyer, who just prior to that had produced Branigan's "Self Control".

I love that song!!! I like the Corley one too. Apparently he wrote that song about his break up with Carly Simon. Carly really messed with his head.

by Anonymousreply 7March 20, 2018 2:12 AM

R7, if they had married she would be Carly Corley.

by Anonymousreply 8March 20, 2018 2:17 AM

LMAO R8.

R6, you are right...but he was actually let go from Dynasty for bad mouthing the series for the fact that Steven doesn't have any fun, per the linked article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 20, 2018 2:19 AM

Whatever the case, I admire Al for speaking up. He signed up to play a gay character and wanted to see it through, and the show chickened out.

That earns a lot of respect in my book.

Interesting article, r9. As we saw, both Bellwood and Locklear eventually came back.

by Anonymousreply 10March 20, 2018 2:25 AM

I like Al Corley's Big Picture album. Very Duran Duran.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 20, 2018 2:30 AM

Fake Steven was definitely prettier but Real Steven was a whole lot sexier.

by Anonymousreply 12March 20, 2018 2:31 AM

Sad Man On A Red Rock

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 20, 2018 2:38 AM

"Performing" Land of the Giants

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 20, 2018 2:39 AM

R12: Al Corley was so dreamy.

by Anonymousreply 15March 20, 2018 2:41 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 20, 2018 2:41 AM

Steven came back for the reunion with his old face without explanation.

by Anonymousreply 17March 20, 2018 2:51 AM

Reminder.

NuAlexis makes her first appearance tonight.

Will she or won't she be British?

by Anonymousreply 18March 23, 2018 11:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!