Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Justine Bateman couldn't wait to look "old"

Interesting...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 10, 2018 2:50 AM

And how does she explain those lips??

by Anonymousreply 1March 16, 2018 8:32 PM

Uhm why does she have that blur filter on her lens? I saw her like a decade ago at the Sunset/Sta Monica Whole Foods and she looked...ancient. Maybe all the reflective surfaces and camera lenses in her life are smeared with vaseline.

by Anonymousreply 2March 16, 2018 8:44 PM

A very underrated actress though. Surprised Jason got all the latter day breaks. She was always better than given credit for, even back then.

by Anonymousreply 3March 16, 2018 8:45 PM

(And, as discussed elsewhere, did you know she got all the way down to the end for a big role in "Steel Magnolias"? The Daryl Hannah part. She auditioned every time wearing a big blonde wig too).

by Anonymousreply 4March 16, 2018 8:46 PM

This is much closer to what she actually looks like:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 16, 2018 8:47 PM

Holy fucking shit! She is clearly TRYING to look old and ugly. What gives?

by Anonymousreply 6March 16, 2018 8:49 PM

Is she doing the Frances McDormand thing? I'm a natural aging granola and happy about it (but I just can't let go of my black eyeliner.) How does her brother look so much better? They have the same genes and can't be that far apart in age.

by Anonymousreply 7March 16, 2018 9:01 PM

She's 60, that's what a natural 60 year old looks like....deal.

by Anonymousreply 8March 16, 2018 9:14 PM

Not the 60 year olds I know. With or without makeup. She looks shitty, even for 60.

by Anonymousreply 9March 16, 2018 9:16 PM

She looks like an aged Fiona Apple. She's 60?!

by Anonymousreply 10March 16, 2018 9:17 PM

She is 53.

by Anonymousreply 11March 16, 2018 9:26 PM

How is she 60? She can't be 60.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 16, 2018 9:26 PM

She looks 60.

She must have spent years out in the sun. Is she a smoker?

by Anonymousreply 13March 16, 2018 9:28 PM

She looked OK in 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 16, 2018 9:31 PM

She looks okay in some pics, not in others. She has thin-face.

by Anonymousreply 15March 16, 2018 9:35 PM

"I'm a computer scientist!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 16, 2018 9:37 PM

Let’s focus on her brother instead.

by Anonymousreply 17March 16, 2018 9:55 PM

She looks like PJ Harvey

by Anonymousreply 18March 16, 2018 9:59 PM

She looks like Melanie Scrofano.

by Anonymousreply 19March 16, 2018 10:02 PM

The I’m an old soul and can’t wait to be an old lady schtick isn’t anything new. I remember Tracy Nelson (whatever happened to her?) saying the same thing years ago (when she was still actually young). I wonder if she feels that way as an actual old lady.

by Anonymousreply 20March 16, 2018 10:39 PM

I always thought Tina was the hot one on the show in the last couple of years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 16, 2018 10:42 PM

She's struggled with anorexia forever and remains whisper-thin. Literally starving yourself for decades will age you like nobody's business.

by Anonymousreply 22March 16, 2018 10:47 PM

Self Containing Underwater Breathing Apparatus

by Anonymousreply 23March 16, 2018 10:50 PM

She's 60? No way. I thought she was closer to my age. How old was she with Family Ties? She looks fine in the youtube video, but ancient in r5. Like 70.

by Anonymousreply 24March 16, 2018 11:40 PM

She is 52, she looks old for 52, she needs a little bit more weight in the face and she would look fine.

Jason does not look good for his age, he has not aged well either. He looked fine until like a year ago and then like shit.

by Anonymousreply 25March 16, 2018 11:44 PM

I acted opposite Jason Bateman in something last year and, at one point, his microphone was being adjusted under his shirt. He had to lift it up and hold it while the sound guy got it all worked out, leaving me a nice long lingering look at his flat belly and nice (if small) backside, in pants of course. He is in incredibly good shape for his age and being so tall helps, apparently. I was impressed.

Last time I saw Justine act was in "The TV Set" with David Duchovny and she was great, even in a small role. Hope she gets the comeback she deserves someday.

by Anonymousreply 26March 17, 2018 12:30 AM

Adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 17, 2018 1:42 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 17, 2018 1:50 AM

Thanks for paying attention, R26! More, please!

by Anonymousreply 29March 17, 2018 2:10 AM

He was an extremely nice guy too. The best kind of nice guy -- with a flat belly and long legs. And a nice little brown goodie trail leading down behind his zipper. I stared so much, it was probably obvious but, hey, it was there two feet away so why not?

by Anonymousreply 30March 17, 2018 2:18 AM

Maverick.

by Anonymousreply 31March 17, 2018 8:49 PM

Well, she got her wish.

by Anonymousreply 32March 17, 2018 9:07 PM

She marches to the beat of her own drummer that is for sure.

by Anonymousreply 33March 18, 2018 1:40 AM

In a nutshell: She's broke.

by Anonymousreply 34March 18, 2018 1:57 AM

Steven aged the best of all of the cast.

by Anonymousreply 35March 18, 2018 2:36 AM

r34, She's been married for like 15 years to an unattractive LA real estate tycoon. She ain't broke. But, if you're looking to purchase a $1.5-4.5 million dollar casita in Hidden Hills, I'll bet she's got a suggestion.

by Anonymousreply 36March 18, 2018 4:16 AM

She’s one of the few people whose looks peaked at 16, when most people are still going thru their awkward phase, but then by the time most women are at their prettiest (say 25) she already had lost her looks. Even the later seasons of FT she wasn’t as pretty.

by Anonymousreply 37March 18, 2018 6:12 AM

Even I look better than her, and I look butch now

by Anonymousreply 38March 18, 2018 6:33 AM

"A friend of mine was at a "Family Ties" table read not long after Michael J. Fox became internationally famous -- when the show's writing turned from a Keaton family focus to a Michael J. Fox focus. The director was giving notes and Justine Bateman, sitting across the table from him, mouthed over and over again, "Fag-got. Fag-got. Fag-got.""

"I've posted here before about a male friend who had a long-term affair with Fox during Family Ties. my friend was definitely a top, but I don't know what they did besides stay up all night doing coke and drinking. It was definitely sexual (though it was based around drugs) and it went on for nearly a year. They never broke up, but my friend stopped going up to Fox's house frequently and it finally just withered away.

Fox was already both a TV and movie star at the time - my friend went with him to the "Family Ties" set a few times as "a friend" and said he heard Justine Bateman call Fox a "faggot" (actually, she mouthed it silently at Fox and my friend when they were sitting together: "fag-got, fag-got...")."

"I posted this a long time ago, but a friend of mine used to do coke and have sex with Michael J. Fox when Fox was still playing Alex Keaton.

Fox was this clean-cut, young eligible bachelor at the time, and my friend said Fox stayed up all night, chaining bottles of Molson and Export A cigarettes and doing coke, and then going back to work the next day like nothing happened. I remember the last part because shortly thereafter Fox was shooting one of the "Back to the Future" movies by night and "Family Ties" by day, and a magazine profile marveled at how he could work 7 days a week on 3 hours sleep.

Fox said that Meredith Baxter Birney didn't like him because she thought it should be "The Meredith Baxter Birney Show." Oh, and once when my friend visited him on the "Family Ties" set (to deliver coke, I imagine), he sat and chatted with Fox for a while near the set -- and said Justine Bateman sat across from them, mouthing the word "Fag-got, fag-got" at MJF.

He said it was a professional but not terribly friendly set - Meredith Birney was chilly to the rest of the cast, Justine Bateman was an outright bitch and Michael Gross was pleasant but clueless."

by Anonymousreply 39March 18, 2018 6:34 AM

....on the benefit of the doubt side, maybe she thought Fox was cowardly for being closeted and wanted him to be honest? Did Justine ever comment publicly on Meredith Baxter-Lesbian's mid-life gaywakening?

by Anonymousreply 40March 18, 2018 6:38 AM

[quote]The director was giving notes and Justine Bateman, sitting across the table from him, mouthed over and over again, "Fag-got. Fag-got. Fag-got.

It was just something to say. It's like when I say "Men are blinded by my beauty, they don't actually go blind. They get their sight back in a few days"

by Anonymousreply 41March 18, 2018 9:04 AM

[quote]magazine profile marveled at how he could work 7 days a week on 3 hours sleep.

It could also have been because he was in his early 20s. I work with a lot of young people who work with me full time and go to college full time and it marvels to me that they can get by on 3 hours of sleep. Now they come back to visit and they are 30 and are all, "How did I stay up all night?" It's called being young.

As they say, "It's a shame youth is wasted on the young."

by Anonymousreply 42March 18, 2018 9:07 AM

Was she considered talented in her day? I'm glad I'd never heard of her until now.

by Anonymousreply 43March 18, 2018 9:07 AM

She's 52 now & aged terribly.

by Anonymousreply 44March 18, 2018 11:07 AM

Turning a hobby into a business: In the early days of the internet, around 2000, Justine had a crudely designed website hawking her knitted goods.

In 1980s LA, she was on the go and everywhere. The press called her Just-seen Bateman.

by Anonymousreply 45March 18, 2018 11:45 AM

Knitting linkL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46March 18, 2018 11:47 AM

LOL, that was when Just-Seen Bateman was dating Leif Garrett and going to every opening of an envelope. It wasn't a compliment. L.A. Weekly coined that nickname, I think (wasn't there a pretty prominent gossip columnist of sorts in that free rag?)

by Anonymousreply 47March 18, 2018 4:18 PM

Bless her heart.

by Anonymousreply 48March 19, 2018 5:54 PM

It seems like she's given up on the acting profession it's sad because she was a good actress.

by Anonymousreply 49March 25, 2018 2:16 AM

It generally considered by most of Hollywood that she was robbed of an Oscar nomination for Best Actress for iconic work in the 1988 film, Satisfaction. This is probably due to the really shitty supporting no-talent actors in the film as evidenced in the trailer below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 25, 2018 2:54 AM

Justine Bateman is 52. Her brother, Jason, is 49

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51March 25, 2018 4:11 AM

OP, in your video she talks about being 44 years old. Since she's now 52, that video is 8 years old.

by Anonymousreply 52March 25, 2018 4:18 AM

She's back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53March 27, 2018 4:04 PM

Justin Theroux! Now, there's one who was supposed to be going on to great things but never really happened.

by Anonymousreply 54March 29, 2018 4:20 AM

I just think she's tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 55April 7, 2018 7:11 PM

Grant college alumna

by Anonymousreply 56April 7, 2018 7:43 PM

Correction:

Grant college attendee.

No evidence she finished.

by Anonymousreply 57April 7, 2018 7:44 PM

Alex was such a dick to Mallory.

by Anonymousreply 58April 7, 2018 8:42 PM

Does Jason support her? She could've written her own ticket after that show.

by Anonymousreply 59April 7, 2018 9:51 PM

Isn't her husband successful?

by Anonymousreply 60April 8, 2018 12:40 AM

R58, he was. but most of the time his digs went right over her head figuratively, and his, literally.

by Anonymousreply 61April 8, 2018 4:36 AM

Mallory had a teacher who called her out on her ditzy act and said she was smarter than she let on.

by Anonymousreply 62April 8, 2018 3:46 PM

I watched her in this interview and thought she still looked pretty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 10, 2018 2:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!