Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL Fave Kristen Stewart IS DL fave Jean Seberg!

What sayeth DL?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104May 22, 2020 12:12 PM

[quote]What sayeth DL?

You must be the queen who thinks Conor Lamb looks like Tom Cotton.

by Anonymousreply 1March 14, 2018 5:54 PM

Jean Seberg was a terrible, blank-faced actress too!

by Anonymousreply 2March 14, 2018 6:06 PM

Yes but she had some charm. Stewart is like a walking freezer.

by Anonymousreply 3March 14, 2018 6:09 PM

It's a step up from the now over-the-hill Sienna Miller. Or is it?

by Anonymousreply 4March 14, 2018 9:50 PM

Hopefully we'll get a nice shot of Kristen's untalented decomposing body in a car. That would be like my wet dreams come to life.

by Anonymousreply 5March 14, 2018 10:05 PM

I guess the casting director wants this film to flop.

by Anonymousreply 6March 14, 2018 10:13 PM

Leighton Meester would be superior casting, both as acting ability and physicality.

by Anonymousreply 7March 22, 2018 3:39 AM

Jodie Foster tried to get a Jean Seberg movie made for years. Why do the lesbians love Jean so much?

by Anonymousreply 8March 22, 2018 3:44 AM

Yes I think KStew is a bit too sleepy grunty millennial for Jean Seberg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 22, 2018 3:47 AM

Kristin Dundst would be perfection, but this film's success will depend entirely on the script.

There's so much drama that happened in dear Seberg's life, and they'll have to focus correctly. I believe I read they're concentrating on the star's last few years, which is probably the best approach. It would be stupid to try to cover from her discovery at age 18 to her suicide at age 40. It's just too much territory to cover.

Jodie Foster was supposed to do a Seberg bio pic at one point. She would have been interesting, though perhaps not emotionally delicate enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 22, 2018 3:52 AM

^^ KIRSTEN...DUNST...

by Anonymousreply 11March 22, 2018 3:54 AM

She has a very strong American accent at r9, but it's kind of charming.

by Anonymousreply 12March 22, 2018 3:55 AM

Yes, R12.

by Anonymousreply 13March 22, 2018 4:05 AM

Can you imagine an actress/actor being asked those questions today at R9? They would stomp out in tears and try to get the person fired.

by Anonymousreply 14March 22, 2018 4:07 AM

[quote]r2 Jean Seberg was a terrible, blank-faced actress too!

[italic]So g-damn mean![/italic] Yeah, she could be a little flat...but she was also evocative in some roles, lile LILITH. Many of her other roles were not terribly demanding; how much can you strut your stuff playing Burt Lancaster's girlfriend in AIRPORT?

But anyway, the film's not about her acting ability, it's about how the FBI's covert persecution of her for supporting Civil Rights causes pushed her over the edge into madness, and death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 22, 2018 4:10 AM

Typically ridiculous Hollywood casting. Seberg wasn't a superb actress, but had a charm and sweetness. Also, SHE was very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 16March 22, 2018 4:13 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 22, 2018 4:16 AM

KStew can't do this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 22, 2018 4:18 AM

or this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 22, 2018 4:20 AM

The film shouldn't concentrate on her discovery, I don't think...but it's heartbreaking to see glimpses of her initial Hollywood screen test, as a teenage hopeful.

Things didn't quite work out [bold]: (

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 22, 2018 4:25 AM

Doesn't matter much who plays Seberg. "Airport" is about her only film that gets regular showings. It's almost a blank slate for a new actress.

I do like her pixie cut pictures above.. Very cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 22, 2018 4:26 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 22, 2018 4:31 AM

I hope they really hit the "she killed herself because being accused of sleeping with a black man was so heinous she couldn't stand it" note REALLY hard, just like all of Seberg's crazy fans do.

by Anonymousreply 23March 22, 2018 4:32 AM

"DL Fave Kristen Stewart IS DL fave Jean Seberg! What sayeth DL?"

If Lohan can be Elizabeth Taylor, sure, why not?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 22, 2018 4:36 AM

[quote]R21 Doesn't matter much who plays Seberg. "Airport" is about her only film that gets regular showings. It's almost a blank slate for a new actress.

I agree, to an extent. I get annoyed when people get all bent out of shape when a star doesn't look exactly like a real life figure they're portraying. They should suggest the historic figure, but it's more important that they effectively convey whatever was going on in their life at the particular time the story's set.

Actors would probably be insulted to think all that mattered in their lives was their facade. Good bio pics are about what was happening in their interior world, in their own real-life dramas. That's not about how their nose or chin was shaped, or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 25March 22, 2018 4:37 AM

Breathless is the film she is known for

by Anonymousreply 26March 22, 2018 4:39 AM

[quote]R23 I hope they really hit the "she killed herself because being accused of sleeping with a black man was so heinous she couldn't stand it" note REALLY hard, just like all of Seberg's crazy fans do.

It wasn't being accussed of miscegenation that bothered Seberg...but that it simply wasn't true in this case. The father of her expected child was not a Black Panther figure.

She was upset that this lie was being foisted on everyone...simply because it was a blatant untruth.

by Anonymousreply 27March 22, 2018 4:43 AM

R27, my point was that her fans (and biographers) frequently frame it as "she was so upset at being accused of having a child with a black man that it sent her over the edge" -- it's not true and is basically a racist assumption on their part. But biopics lately have been really bad about changing history to make stories more "commercial" (i.e. pandering to bigots to get more butts in seats), so I said what I did sarcastically.

If they're going to cast a walking piece of cardboard like Stewart as the vivacious Seberg then they're going to screw up in other areas, guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 28March 22, 2018 9:09 AM

[quote]R28 my point was that her fans (and biographers) frequently frame it as "she was so upset at being accused of having a child with a black man that it sent her over the edge" -- it's not true and is basically a racist assumption on their part.

Well, I've only read the book PLAYED OUT...which I believe is the most widely read book on her. It does not make the assertion that that was ultimately the upsetting aspect of it.

I can't imagine why anyone who knows about her life would think she would be horrified by the idea of sleeping with a black man. Or why a biographer would claim that.

Strange.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 22, 2018 9:44 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 22, 2018 10:09 AM

I hate Stewart, so I won't be seeing this.

by Anonymousreply 31March 22, 2018 10:40 AM

I'll try to find it, r29, but I'm pretty sure at least one was a magazine article. It was quoted here a long long time ago in a thread about Seberg, and had a lot of info about her being targeted by IC.

by Anonymousreply 32March 22, 2018 10:41 AM

It took me about 30 seconds to find what I think is the main source of the "killed herself because of rumos she got knocked up by a black man:" Mark Rappaport's documentary, which many didn't realize was salacious and fictionalized.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 22, 2018 10:45 AM

Jonathan Rosenbaum makes the implication here in an old article from 1991.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 22, 2018 10:47 AM

And articles like this that just flat out state she was so traumatized by the rumor that it caused both her miscarriage and her suicide.

[quote]Preying on her tendency toward depression and paranoia, Hoover retaliated by concocting a rumor that the child Seberg was pregnant with had been conceived by a Black civil rights worker and having it placed in the gossip columns of such publications as the Los Angeles Times and Newsweek. This harassment so effectively traumatized her that it caused her to miscarriage. Seberg achieved a twisted sort of vindication when she held a press conference the next day and openly displayed the still born corpse of her dead White child, but COINTELPRO’s efforts were eventually rewarded when she succumbed to a lethal combination of alcohol and barbiturates years later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 22, 2018 10:51 AM

how does this untalented wench get roles????

by Anonymousreply 36March 22, 2018 11:09 AM

Obviously she has talents of some kind.

by Anonymousreply 37March 22, 2018 11:31 AM

R35 Thank you for those links. I've seen that movie but didn't remember that bit. It's on YouTube now. Yes, it does state that!

It's an oversimplified way of looking at that event. The David Richards book discusses the different aspects of her reaction in more depth. But full length books are often better researched and more complex than simple print articles....and let's not even get into mere Internet slush!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 22, 2018 11:34 AM

For anyone interested in Seberg - the You Must Remember This podcast did a terrific season recently called Jean and Jane - looking at the lives of both Seberg and Fonda - who were much the same age and began their careers at around the same time. Very different backgrounds - but lots of curious parallels - and wildly different endings of course.

Learnt a lot about both women - and gained a great deal of respect for both of them. They both had to deal with so much bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 39March 22, 2018 11:50 AM

How does Stewart land these roles? How in the world has she become the only American actress to win the Cesar? It boggles the mind.

by Anonymousreply 40March 22, 2018 12:14 PM

Well, she was probably not the first choice. They had to go a little ways down on the list to get to her. And it's not with a famous director, or anything, or big costars.

by Anonymousreply 41March 22, 2018 12:23 PM

R39 - the Mark Rappaport film already covered a comparison between Jean and Jane and Vanessa Redgrave as political activists and actresses.

by Anonymousreply 42March 22, 2018 12:33 PM

Kristen Stewart is too far gone nowadays to be seriously considered. Or maybe this is her appeal? She looks so far gone as a meth and druggie in all of her public appearances, never mind the shaved head on a girl whose previous attraction rating to straight males was previously zilch.

She is not a delicate soul like Seberg.

by Anonymousreply 43April 6, 2018 9:17 AM

Kristen is zero

would not walk across the street to see her boring snarky face in any thing

GO AWAY LADY

by Anonymousreply 44April 6, 2018 9:24 AM

Sienna Miller looked awful with that haircut, like a frumpy geography teacher with a wash n go haircut.

Jean Seberg was so blank and dull and false. Take Kim Novak, remove the sexual frisson and what minor humour and pathos she possessed and and you got Jean.

Kristen has something more sensuous about her and curious eyes (practically every role has men wanting to watch her sexual innocence bloom), but she would actually be a better Kim Novak.

Emma Watson could play it.

by Anonymousreply 45April 6, 2018 10:56 AM

[quote]Kristen has something more sensuous about her and curious eyes (practically every role has men wanting to watch her sexual innocence bloom), but she would actually be a better Kim Novak.

I suspect you came here from outside of Datalounge, DL'ers generally think KS is a dead-eyed meth addict as she's frequently been captured. You seem to be an HKN afficionado. Damn. We haven't had one of those threads here for ages. How is Sue Morris from Oklahoma doing? Has she had another one of her computer coniptions that leads to an ambulance run again?

by Anonymousreply 46April 6, 2018 1:35 PM

No drag queen could ever "do" Seberg. Even with her pixie cut, virtually no make-up and wearing jeans, sneakers and a white T-shirt she would still be a hundred times more feminine than any drag queen who spent two hours getting dressed and made up.

by Anonymousreply 47April 6, 2018 2:13 PM

Nah, R46.

But I’ll never think that Jean Seberg was anything other than a haircut or a striped sweater.

by Anonymousreply 48April 6, 2018 8:16 PM

It should have been a small-town unknown

by Anonymousreply 49April 6, 2018 11:49 PM

R46, be grateful those 'HKN' threads have permanently disappeared. Unless you enjoy threads where people make fun of the mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 50April 7, 2018 5:29 AM

Rat faced Stewart cannot act. Why does she have a career???

by Anonymousreply 51April 7, 2018 6:00 AM

What is Clint Eastwood saying about her here? I can't tell because of the German overdubbing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 7, 2018 6:22 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 19, 2018 9:20 PM

Who??

by Anonymousreply 54April 19, 2018 9:22 PM

I love to see Kristen in mainstream films again but I feel ever since she came out she's not offered much

by Anonymousreply 55April 21, 2018 9:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 22, 2018 7:19 AM

Kristen Stewart playing Jean Seberg in Against All Enemies. Talented. Brilliant. Incredible. Showstopping. Spectacular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 3, 2018 12:45 AM

“Kristen Stewart is like a book. She's judged by the cover, but nobody reads her story.“- Peter Sattler

by Anonymousreply 58August 3, 2018 12:46 AM

New pictures Kristen on the set of "Against All Enemies" from yesterday 👗

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 3, 2018 12:47 AM

Kristen Stewart as Jean Seberg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 3, 2018 12:48 AM

She'd be a better fit for Edie Sedgwick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 3, 2018 1:15 AM

[quote] “Kristen Stewart is like a book. She's judged by the cover, but nobody reads her story.“- Peter Sattler

Actors [italic]are[/italic] covers. Nothing hidden away in between the covers - it's all supposed to be on display on the cover.

by Anonymousreply 62August 3, 2018 1:24 AM

"Jean Seberg was a terrible, blank-faced actress too!"

No, she wasn't. She had a certain charm and ambience. She was also very pretty in a fresh, wholesome way, unlike Stewart, who always looks like she's on drugs. I think Stewart would look funny as hell in Seberg's trademark blonde pixie haircut. What a terrible choice to play her.

A film about Seberg's life could really be interesting if done right. Plucked from obscurity, an untried teenage girl who wanted to be an actress, she was chosen to star in a major movie on the life of Joan of Arc. Directed by Otto Preminger, the film was a failure and Sebring was ridiculed for her inadequate performance. Her career might have ended there, but she starred in "Breathless" and immediately her career was rejuvenated. But her movies tended not to be that great after that. In the meantime, she became a kind of crazed sixties activist and became quite involved with the Black Panther and had a serious affair with one. Her second child was rumored to be his, but it wasn't. The child died in infancy and she blamed it on all the stress she was under while pregnant due to all the rumors about the paternity. She got taken advantage of a lot; a friend said "the biggest asshole in the world could be Jesus Christ to her." She literally went insane and was in a mental institution for a while. She had strange physical maladies; she would look gaunt and bloated at the same time and one illness caused her gums to turn black. She ended up killing herself with pills in a parked car; the car wasn't found for a few days and the summer heat caused her body to be horribly decomposed by the time it was found. A terrible ending to a life that started out with a lot of promise.

By the way, Kristen Stewart would be a terrible choice to play Edie Sedgewick, too. And who needs another movie about her? There's already been one where she was played by Sienna Miller.

by Anonymousreply 63August 3, 2018 1:31 AM

Sienna Miller was miscast. Miller was too bombshell beautiful and mature for the role. Sedgwick looked like a vulnerable, mischievous kid, that's where her appeal stemmed from. Elle Fanning would be perfect for the role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 3, 2018 1:50 AM

The false blind item the FBI had placed in Joyce Haber's gossip column, intended to make Seberg unemplyable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 3, 2018 1:53 AM

It's strange that Edie Sedgwick became a cult figure. She really didn't accomplish much of anything. She did some modeling, did a few awful Andy Warhol movies, went to a lot of parties with him. And that's it. There was really nothing that interesting about her. She was just a mentally disturbed rich girl who got involved with people who helped her get deep into the drug scene. She really had little in the way of talent, although drawings she did suggest she did have a talent for that.

by Anonymousreply 66August 3, 2018 1:54 AM

Sedgwick typified a specific time and place. The interesting thing about the book on her is it combines hundreds of different voices remembering that era. She's only interesting in association with that particular book, and the Warhol crowd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67August 3, 2018 2:03 AM

She was before my time but the first time I saw her picture I was bewitched. Not many woman can pull off that sheared cut but she does. She does gamine even better than Audrey and I love Audrey. Seberg's face was perfection and her soft spoken demeanor just adds to the allure.

by Anonymousreply 68August 3, 2018 2:11 AM

She was enchanting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 3, 2018 2:16 AM

Jean Seberg had a natural inner charm. She might have done well on TV, but only the French had the patience to allow her presence show. American films are heavy handed.

Kristen Stewart is just blank. She’s also probably too chubby to be believable as Seberg, who was really rather elfin.

by Anonymousreply 70August 3, 2018 2:46 AM

Amazon Studios Buys Kristen Stewart’s ‘Against All Enemies’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71February 26, 2019 11:08 AM

Jack O’Connell, Anthony Mackie, Margaret Qualley, Colm Meaney, Zazie Beetz, Vince Vaughn #eww, Stephen Root, and Yvan Attal are also starring in “Against All Enemies.” Benedict Andrews directed from a script by Joe Shrapnel and Anna Waterhouse.

Stewart stars as actress Jean Seberg, and the story centers on attempts by the FBI to discredit Seberg through its Cointelpro program in retaliation for her support of the Black Panther Party. Those efforts included creating a false story in 1970 that the child Seberg was carrying was not fathered by her husband, but by a member of the Black Panther Party.

Mackie portrays a civil rights activist and O’Connell plays an FBI agent assigned to surveil the actress. Seberg acted in dozens of films including “Saint Joan,” “Bonjour Tristesse,” “Breathless,” and “The Mouse That Roared.” She died in 1979 in France, with authorities ruling her death a suicide.

by Anonymousreply 72February 26, 2019 11:09 AM

Stewart is the only American actress ever to win a César Award, winning for Olivier Assayas’ “Clouds of Sils Maria.”

by Anonymousreply 73February 26, 2019 11:09 AM

[quote]I think Stewart would look funny as hell in Seberg's trademark blonde pixie haircut. What a terrible choice to play her.

Will see you here when she gets raves for her performance.

by Anonymousreply 74February 26, 2019 11:13 AM

She's actually really good. You have to pay attention though. She doesn't play to the back row. Don't know how she'd be as Jean Seberg though.

by Anonymousreply 75February 26, 2019 11:21 AM

I think she'll do a wonderful job with the role. Looking forward to seeing the film.

by Anonymousreply 76February 26, 2019 11:26 AM

R75 I agree I think she's very good.

by Anonymousreply 77February 26, 2019 8:34 PM

She should be channeling Jean Seberg's later look, though ... which was kind of suburban [italic]soigné. [/italic]

Her gamin days were over by the time the FBI targeted her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78February 26, 2019 9:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79February 26, 2019 11:44 PM

If Kristen wins Oscar for this she will be the first openly LGB (female) actor to win Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 80February 26, 2019 11:47 PM

Although, it should also be noted that like most performers, Seberg had clothes for personal (offscreen) use, publicity purposes (like interviews and public appearances), and for filming (costumes).

When in Paris, married to a French literary figure, Seberg wore more tailored ensembles by Chanel. But on her own time in late 60s Hollywood (when the story is set), Seberg often wore casual things like turtleneck sweaters and dresses from Mexico.

She was circulating with the inner city poor and their families. It would have been insensitive to be glammed up in those circumstances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81February 27, 2019 12:01 AM

Can a German speaker translate what Eastwood says about her?

You can't hear it all:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82February 27, 2019 12:10 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83February 27, 2019 12:37 AM

[quote]r45 Jean Seberg was so blank and dull and false. Take Kim Novak, remove the sexual frisson and what minor humour and pathos she possessed and and you got Jean.

[bold]LeaveJeanAlone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84February 27, 2019 12:59 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 27, 2019 1:10 AM

[quote]She’s also probably too chubby

too chubby? WTF

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86February 27, 2019 8:41 AM

I have a friend who looks exactly like Jean Seberg and is shy and artistic, like Jean Seberg. She lives in Helsinki and is an elegant an youthful 35. She speaks and moves exactly like Jean does in R30's video, especially at the beginning with her French concierge.

If my friend were to make the movie, I can tell you right away what it's like to be friends with a celebrity: she hates being famous and gets freaked by the attention! Also, paradoxically, very lonely.

by Anonymousreply 87February 27, 2019 9:18 AM

Bump. Thank you for posting that interview R30. Jean is utterly captivating, and I love her home. I wish they still did interviews like that. That painting “Drowning Woman” -shiver. It’s all so sad.

by Anonymousreply 88March 9, 2019 10:31 PM

Seberg was an ok actress who was lovely and, in retrospect, sad. Stewart just seems coarse and petulant. Why bother.

by Anonymousreply 89March 9, 2019 10:37 PM

I’ll say it - Kristen could maybe pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 90March 10, 2019 7:34 AM

R90 She can.

by Anonymousreply 91March 10, 2019 7:37 AM

R64 I thought Sienna was very good as Edie. I like Sienna, too bad her antics distracted from how beautiful and good on film she is.

by Anonymousreply 92March 10, 2019 7:43 AM

She and Belmondo made a sexy couple in [italic]Breathless.[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93March 10, 2019 7:48 AM

Is there a trailer?

by Anonymousreply 94March 10, 2019 7:49 AM

on the set of against all enemies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 22, 2019 11:04 AM

Watching it now on Amazon. Not too impressed so far. All I see is Kristen Stewart. Anybody else see it yet?

by Anonymousreply 96May 21, 2020 3:30 AM

I watched it last night. Kristen Stewart can't walk like a woman to save her life. She storks around like a gangly teenage boy.

by Anonymousreply 97May 21, 2020 4:32 AM

R65 Reading that "blind item " I immediately thought of CDAN and their modern day efforts to attack left leaning celebs. The more things change, the more they stay the same I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 98May 21, 2020 5:00 AM

The movie was good. Not great but good. KS was into the role and didn't use her usual odd mannerisms.

The ending is upbeat in a way. It doesn't portray her as a hapless victim.

by Anonymousreply 99May 21, 2020 6:41 AM

I tried it this week but Kristen's dye job put me off. Was Jean Seberg a natural blonde or did she just have a good colorist? Otherwise I lost interest after about 30 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 100May 21, 2020 6:52 AM

Kristen portrays Jean in troubled SJW mode. I would like to have seen the evolution from fresh-faced midwestern girl to New Wave starlet to Parisian socialite and poised movie star first. We don't get to know Jean or her motivations at all.

by Anonymousreply 101May 21, 2020 5:35 PM

I didn't believe the way they presented her as this big star returning to the US to audition for Paint Your Wagon. I thought at this time she was washed up in America and only popular in France.

by Anonymousreply 102May 21, 2020 6:55 PM

She's above the title in Paint Your Wagon fwiw

by Anonymousreply 103May 21, 2020 10:15 PM

I watched it last night.

I was only familiar with Jean from 'Breathless', which I adore, and 'Airplane', which I hadn't realized she was in. I knew nothing of her personal life other than her having died relatively young, from a presumed suicide.

So, it was interesting to learn a bit about what she was up to. I assume the FBI agent, Jack, was a Gary Stu and not a real person - ? I wasn't sure why we were being forced to spend time with him and the whole Poor You For Being Amoral arc that was given to him really annoyed me.

There were only three scenes and an additional moment in which I believed KStew's performance: when she's being manhandled on the ground while shooting the Western, up until the moment Jean breaks character; the scene with the pills; and the few seconds where she caresses Jack's face, assuming he's a waiter at her party. Beyond that, I found her energy all wrong for the role, her voice all wrong, and some of her line readings are down right bizarre (For instance, "This little lady is going to blow up like a balloon" was vocalized as though she didn't know what the sentence even meant. She wore the clothes well…but I'm sure there were many someones who were better fits for the role and could have some something really moving with it.

I don't have any interest or grudge against Stewart and, in fact, liked her as a child and teen actor. But the handful of things I've seen her do in the last decade or so have really left me wanting. She has picked some interesting indie projects and I'm sure getting her name attached been the deciding factor over whether they got funding or not. But there's kind of a sense of 'what's the point?', if the whole project is going to be tarnished by her lack of performance.

by Anonymousreply 104May 22, 2020 12:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!