Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

50 Year-Old Lisa Bonet says she got BAD VIBES from Bill Cosby

Asked whether she knew about the sexual harassment allegations surrounding Cosby, the actress replies, "There was no knowledge on my part about his specific actions." Instead, she speaks about an energy that she felt from him—"that type of sinister, shadow energy" that can't be concealed. So, while she was not aware of the alleged incidents as they occurred, she always felt something about him was not right.

"If I had anything more to reveal then it would have happened a long time ago," she says. "That's my nature. The truth will set you free."

In response to his current situation, Bonet says "I don't need to say, 'I told you so'. I just leave all that to karma and justice and what will be."

by Anonymousreply 111April 29, 2018 5:13 AM

Lisa was so disrespectful to Mr. Cosby. She is just mad that he never mixed any drinks for her on set.

by Anonymousreply 1March 9, 2018 9:23 PM

I am surprised Lisa Bonet never became a lifestyle brand.

by Anonymousreply 2March 9, 2018 9:23 PM

She's fucked some sexy dudes. Lucky girl.

by Anonymousreply 3March 9, 2018 9:26 PM

link, OP??

by Anonymousreply 4March 9, 2018 9:29 PM

I think Lisa Bonet spent more on the ring in her nose than my ex son-in-law spent on his new fiance's engagement ring.

by Anonymousreply 5March 9, 2018 9:46 PM

Seems like she would have been his type. Extremely young, pretty, and dependent on him for her career. Wouldn't be surprised if he was constantly leering at her behind her back.

I remember the controversy when her movie with Mickey Rourke was originally rated X because of a sex scene in a blood bath. (I never saw the movie.; I think it was called Voodoo Heart or something like that.) The producers edited the movie so that it could get an R rating. Didn't Cosby fire her from the Cosby Show (or was it Different World) at that time because of the movie?

by Anonymousreply 6March 9, 2018 9:49 PM

[quote] Didn't Cosby fire her from the Cosby Show (or was it Different World) at that time because of the movie?

That is a myth. Cosby kept her on from 1987 (year the film came out) until 1991

by Anonymousreply 7March 9, 2018 9:51 PM

I too, recall Cosby being mad at her for something but can't remember what. They had a contentious relationship that was mentioned in the celebrity news. Any elders remember details? I was in middle school at the time.

by Anonymousreply 8March 9, 2018 10:20 PM

Cosby gave her her own show. Wasn't she difficult on the set of A Different World or something like that and that's why she was let go? Then Cosby brought her back to The Cosby Show and she was difficult on The Cosby Show? It was a while ago, I don't remember all of the details.

by Anonymousreply 9March 9, 2018 10:25 PM

She was pregnant (with Zoe Kravitz) and that was why she was written out of A Different World.

by Anonymousreply 10March 9, 2018 10:30 PM

She sounds tedious and I bet she stinks of patchouli and BO

by Anonymousreply 11March 9, 2018 10:31 PM

Lisa Bonet and Cosby had a falling out in the 7th season of Cosby, she wasn't invited back for season 8, the final year.

by Anonymousreply 12March 9, 2018 10:32 PM

[quote]I too, recall Cosby being mad at her for something but can't remember what.

The nude scenes in "Angel heart". It got an X rating and was upheld when director Alan Parker appealed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 9, 2018 10:32 PM

Wow, I forgot about Different World!

Now I remember that the remarkable characters on the show were rich bitch Whitley and dorky ladies man wannabe Dwayne Wayne and Bonet's Denise character was so bland and boring.

by Anonymousreply 14March 9, 2018 10:33 PM

Was that it? I seem to remember them hiding her pregnancy and Phylicia Rashad's pregnancy during The Cosby Show so did Lisa want to leave to raise her kid or was she forced out?

by Anonymousreply 15March 9, 2018 10:34 PM

She refused to suck his dick.

by Anonymousreply 16March 9, 2018 10:41 PM

Denise was definitely overshadowed by the other characters on A Different World. It was easy to forget it started out as her show.

by Anonymousreply 17March 9, 2018 10:43 PM

Thank goodness Lisa was written out A Different World. She was terrible. Millie was a more interesting character than she was. Jasmine outshone her in every scene they were in.

by Anonymousreply 18March 9, 2018 10:50 PM

Ha R11, here is a thread from LSA about an interview with a ADW producer who says she smelled of patchouli and weed. Some other good gossip in there too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 9, 2018 10:51 PM

Here's the article the OP made reference to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 9, 2018 11:36 PM

I always wondered why she never had a career after Cosby show?

by Anonymousreply 21March 9, 2018 11:46 PM

R21, Same thing. She's really good looking, I guess it was a conscious choice on her behalf not to really pursue it & just focus on being a mother.

by Anonymousreply 22March 10, 2018 12:06 AM

R21 Maybe because she was a terrible actress?

by Anonymousreply 23March 10, 2018 1:10 AM

SHE KNEW!

by Anonymousreply 24March 10, 2018 1:11 AM

[quote] Instead, she speaks about an energy that she felt from him—"that type of sinister, shadow energy" that can't be concealed.

She's hippie; and also, dippy.

by Anonymousreply 25March 10, 2018 1:14 AM

The title of OP's thread made me feel 112 years old.

by Anonymousreply 26March 10, 2018 1:20 AM

I like her a lot

by Anonymousreply 27March 10, 2018 2:03 AM

She's become such a bag of bones. She has the Hollywood 'thin' disease.

by Anonymousreply 28March 10, 2018 2:11 AM

R28 Yeah, she's become pretty bad looking. I have no idea how she snagged hottie Jason Momoa who is 12 years younger than her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 10, 2018 2:14 AM

R29 He must like old, dark meat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 10, 2018 2:17 AM

Because bearding

by Anonymousreply 31March 10, 2018 2:20 AM

A 'charming' couple. They're both obviously a little cuckoo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 10, 2018 2:22 AM

She looks great. 12 years older is nothing.

by Anonymousreply 33March 10, 2018 2:26 AM

Some of you arre really retarded. Yes Lisa Bonet and Cosby always had a contentious relationship and yes she was spun off into ADE in 1987, a year after her controversial movie Angel Heart came out. Yes Cosby was pissed about her role but whatever- he didnt own her. She was written out of ADW after the first season because she was pregnant. Debbie Allen wanted her to stay on the show and explore the unwed pregnancy storyline but TPTB ruled against it and revamped the show (for the better imho). Bonet went back to Cosby during the 89-90 season (bringing us Raven Simone) but only stayed for 2 seasons as her relationship with Cosby became more contentious and she lost interest in the show. Now Cosby is in the midst of investigations and she's getting all the Aquaman dick she can handle.

by Anonymousreply 34March 10, 2018 2:58 AM

Oh shit! Spelling errors! I guess Im the retarded one.

by Anonymousreply 35March 10, 2018 3:01 AM

Um, she was a child working full-time for your entertainment, Fuckos. Very few make a living acting as adults. She's not begging for money from a meth trailer in Pennsyltucky.

by Anonymousreply 36March 10, 2018 3:16 AM

The actor who played Denise's husband on the Cosby Show has given a few interviews where he said it was known Bill was cheating on his wife and that everyone just ignored it. It also seemed that he didn't like Bill all that much.

by Anonymousreply 37March 10, 2018 4:08 AM

She might have had an acting career if she could have spoken louder than a murmur.

by Anonymousreply 38March 10, 2018 4:11 AM

Disavowing him now is way too easy, R37

Has Malcolm Jamal-Warner said anything?

by Anonymousreply 39March 10, 2018 4:13 AM

I always hated this show as a kid and hated how much reruns they showed you could not escape it, so glad it's off the air forever.

by Anonymousreply 40March 10, 2018 4:16 AM

[quote]I seem to remember them hiding her pregnancy and Phylicia Rashad's pregnancy during The Cosby Show

Phylicia was pregnant on Thw Cosby Show? Wasn’t she in her 50s?

by Anonymousreply 41March 10, 2018 4:26 AM

R39 He seems to defend Cosby a little bit in this article. Warner comes off as a douche because he admits he has lost residual money due to the Cosby Show being taken off some cable channels.

Warner and Keisha Knight-Pulliam have always been Cosby's biggest ass lickers. The whole referring to him as Mr. Cosby always gave off the sense that they had a very stern relationship with their TV father.

Bonet always had a difficult relationship with Cosby and probably didn't care to kiss up to him. Tempestt Bledsoe seems to have gotten along with him, but it she has never come off as kissing his ass much as Warner and Pulliam have. I think Sabrina Le Beaf has stayed quiet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 10, 2018 4:28 AM

What does Elvin have to say?

by Anonymousreply 43March 10, 2018 4:32 AM

The Woo Zoo Review

by Anonymousreply 44March 10, 2018 4:33 AM

And Bill Cosby laughs and laughs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 10, 2018 4:37 AM

I always liked Lisa Bonet but honestly she wasn't the best actress as Denise Huxtable.

She freaked me out on Ray Donavon.

She is a bit of a hippy with that energy shit, but she probably was a cool mom, she married some foxy men.

by Anonymousreply 46March 10, 2018 4:39 AM

[quote]Warner and Keisha Knight-Pulliam have always been Cosby's biggest ass lickers. The whole referring to him as Mr. Cosby always gave off the sense that they had a very stern relationship with their TV father.

It’s better to have a stern relationship with your TV dad rather than a loose sexual one. Look at how Sarah Lynn turned out.

by Anonymousreply 47March 10, 2018 4:45 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 10, 2018 4:53 AM

Bonet looks like a wax figure.

by Anonymousreply 49March 10, 2018 5:05 AM

Lisa looks a little like sickly Angelina, now. She may just be stoned all of the time.

Sabrina Le Bouf, who played Sondra Huxtable, looked like Bill's type--like Andrea Constand. She has discussed what an honor it was to meet Cosby for the first time and I can imagine his taking advantage of her admiration and "mentoring" her.

Bill's acting school: "I want you to drink this and then act like you're drunk." Actress: "But I'm potraying a pregnant woman. I don't understand why I need to act drunk." Bill : "Drink it!!! Now pretend you're asleep and I'm diddling you."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 10, 2018 5:06 AM

Jasmine Guy - worst Southern accent ever.

by Anonymousreply 51March 10, 2018 5:26 AM

Incredibly, Rashad was only 36 when the show started. She seemed SO much older. Sabrina was 26.

by Anonymousreply 52March 10, 2018 5:50 AM

Considering that we all know Bill Cosby is a rapist who drugged his multiple victims, his public reprimanding of Lisa because of her nude scene in Angel Heart is such garbage.

Lisa was stunning in Angel Heart. It was a creepy movie but she was good in it. Zoe is a good actress too.

Lisa just seemed to be tired of show business. She had a longtime BF who taught yoga. She just dropped out.

Lisa was Jason's dream girl when he was young. He was raised by a single mom.

Lisa's starting to look her age in recent months. The marriage to Jason after all these years and his constant fawning over her on talk shows lends credence to the rumors he screws around her when he's on location.

I wish he would stop the steroids and pencil in that eyebrow scar. He is a fine-looking man.

by Anonymousreply 53March 10, 2018 6:06 AM

Sitcom actresses get pregnant all the time and they cover it up if they don't write it into the show. Phylicia Rashad had 2 kids while on Cosby. So why didn't they just cover Lisa's pregnancy up? It ended up working out better for ADW since the show was better after she left but it seem there is more to it than that.

by Anonymousreply 54March 10, 2018 10:16 AM

Only one laundry basket per episode, R54! ONE!

by Anonymousreply 55March 10, 2018 10:39 AM

How can you talk of A Different World and not mention DL fav Academy Award winning Marisa Tomei?!

by Anonymousreply 56March 10, 2018 10:44 AM

[quote]Incredibly, Rashad was only 36 when the show started. She seemed SO much older. Sabrina was 26.

She had her at 10?!?

by Anonymousreply 57March 10, 2018 10:53 AM

I loved the easygoing, bratty Denise Huxtable character. I was a kid/preteen when the show aired and I thought she was a realistic, likeable teen girl character.

I also had a crush on Lisa Bonet. I thought then she was stunningly gorgeous (until the nose ring), and I think she’s striking looking today. I’m a gay man and she doesn’t turn me on sexually, but I do think she is an incredibly beautiful woman. And IMO she is aging perfectly. She looks like herself, aged, and not like her face has been cut, pasted, stuffed and tufted. Which is rare in Hollywood.

And I loved A Different World. I really loved that show. Denise was the familiar character who carried many of us over to a series we wouldn’t have watched otherwise. I didn’t realize until well into adulthood how much A Different World influenced me. I’m a gawky white gay guy but I took several African American literature and history classes in college, and people used to ask me why and I didn’t really know. Now I realize it’s because I learned so much from Freddie and Kim and the other characters about historic protests, about how the Aunt Jemima mammy type characters have persisted and still define black women, etc. I don’t know if the audience was a lot more limited—I’m guessing yes—but for me A Different World had a similar effect that Norman Lear shows had on the generation before me. I always got Dwayne Wayne and Whitley were necessary sitcom clowns, but my investment was really in the college kids (much older than I was!) who had such multifaceted experiences, with history meeting up with the present day. I think I also unconsciously loved it because up until college, I never had a history class that humanized the past; from elementary through 12th grade, the only history I was taught involved memorizing the names and dates of battles, generals, how many people died, which side won, who the president was, etc.

by Anonymousreply 58March 10, 2018 10:55 AM

The Cosby Show still airs non stop on some cable channel I can’t remember and I really don’t understand why anyone would put more money in his pocket.

by Anonymousreply 59March 10, 2018 10:56 AM

R59 I have to say that just before the accusations took hold, I came across the show and watched a few episodes and was surprised how funny it was. I don’t know why I was so surprised—I guess I tend to think of 80s sitcoms as milquetoast and lame—but it’s a really good show. That’s probably why it runs constantly in syndication.

by Anonymousreply 60March 10, 2018 11:00 AM

She sounds hippy-dippy, but some people DO give off bad vibes.

by Anonymousreply 61March 10, 2018 11:05 AM

She’s a beautiful woman now and then. I’d love to get a peek at the queens criticizing how she looks.

by Anonymousreply 62March 10, 2018 11:14 AM

Hippie or not, smart people balance instincts and rational thinking. It’s people who question their instincts who end up assaulted, conned, raped, abducted, killed, etc. Bad vibes are bad vibes. To question her at this point for saying she felt bad energy from Cosby when she was a beautiful teenaged girl would be really shortsighted.

by Anonymousreply 63March 10, 2018 11:14 AM

I remember Cosby was sanctimonious about her firing, but Lisa said simply "i got pregnant. Women do." or words to that effect, and quietly went her own way.

. I can imagine her being under his scrutiny but he'd probably never try anything with her, because clearly the girl would deck him, then sic her boyfriend on him for the attempt. Abusers know who will fight back.

I was on her side in the 80s and now too. She was the most interesting performer on either series, though A Different World was more a vehicle for Jasmine Guy.

by Anonymousreply 64March 10, 2018 11:28 AM

Jasmine Guy had the iconic sitcom caricature role, whereas Lisa Bonet was given the grounded, relatable one. By contrast she came across as boring. I actually always felt like she was a little weird and enigmatic because of her delivery and her demeanor as Denise. But beside gimmicky Dwayne Wayne’s glasses, the standout black Southern debutante, and later the rebellious Jada Pinkett, the histrionic Cree Summer...yeah, Bonet was realism in a landscape of hyperrealism and cartoons.

And I absolutely believe what she says today: If Cosby had touched her or propositioned her, she would have broadcast it because that is who she has always been. And that alone explains why Cosby always disliked her and wanted her off the set.

Note that in interview Phylicia Rashad, who was Cosby’s co-lead in a historic TV series that had a long run and already an accomplished actress by the time she was cast, only refers to him as “Dr. Cosby,” and is aggressively defensive on his behalf. Interviews long before the scandal always show her this way, and that’s just a fucking weird dynamic for peers to have. She speaks of him as if he were her superior overseer instead of her TV husband.

by Anonymousreply 65March 10, 2018 11:56 AM

Phylicia Rashad has always been just as arrogant as Cosby. It's not surprise that she continues to defend him.

by Anonymousreply 66March 10, 2018 12:55 PM

Jasmine Guy’s Whitney was the poor man’s Suzanne Sugarbaker. And remember when Debbie Allen tried to showcase her at the Oscars?

by Anonymousreply 67March 10, 2018 3:42 PM

Phylicia Rasha is a lot like Claire Huxtable.

In other words, she's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 68March 10, 2018 3:51 PM

R54 I think Cosby pretty much forced her into the spin off. He knew where his bread was buttered. That way he could get rid of her AND create another sitcom with a likelihood of another hit.

They covered up her pregnancy when she did a few episodes of the 88-89 season of the Cosby Show. I’m a bit surprised that she came back to Cosby after her battles with him but the money was probably too good to pass up. Angel Heart didn’t do anything for her and a potential movie career.

Always liked Bonet though. Denise brought some much needed edge to the Cosby Show and she’s not an Cosby ass kisser like much of the rest of the idiotic cast.

by Anonymousreply 69March 10, 2018 4:00 PM

Lisa and Jason Momoa's kids

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 10, 2018 4:38 PM

R70 I love her face. I’m not really sure why.

by Anonymousreply 71March 10, 2018 4:40 PM

Jasmine Guy was the immediate breakout star of "A Different World." Bonet was wooden as an actress, she was just pretty. "Angel Heart" was execrable, everyone involved with that film should still be embarassed.

by Anonymousreply 72March 10, 2018 4:54 PM

Bonet and Laboeuf (sp?) both resemble the physical type of the woman who claimed Cosby fathered her child, and the daughter -- keen-featured, light-skinned, stringy hair. Bledsoe was a different type, probably why Cosby left her alone. Sabrina was a Yale Drama School grad and left the business after "Cosby" to become an interior decorator in DC. She's done a couple of Shakespeare plays at the Folger and that's about it. I think we all understand why,, now.

by Anonymousreply 73March 10, 2018 5:03 PM

How could anyone listen to Jasmine Guys voice for a half hour every week on A Different World ?!

by Anonymousreply 74March 10, 2018 6:44 PM

I always thought Lisa Bonet was cast simply because she was so beautiful. She always seemed so low-energy as to seem stoned on the shows, and now we know it's because she's always been a big stoner. I don't remember laughing at a single thing she said on either show.

Similarly, LeBeouf seemed cast because she seemed pretty and preppy. She was not a very good young comedienne (even though she had been to Yale Drama School).

Warner, Knight Pulliam, and Bledsoe were all genuinely talented. I always thought Bledsoe was the most talented among them, and am sorry she did not go on to have much of an acting career.

Raven-Symone was creepy as a child--she was a precocious freak. I'm glad to read now she has no memroies of doing The Cosby Show so she seems dissociated from her bizarre precocity.

by Anonymousreply 75March 10, 2018 7:35 PM

Lisa is always doing the same face---a squint and a smirk.

by Anonymousreply 76March 10, 2018 7:58 PM

[quote]Bonet and Laboeuf (sp?) both resemble the physical type of the woman who claimed Cosby fathered her child, and the daughter -- keen-featured, light-skinned, stringy hair. Bledsoe was a different type, probably why Cosby left her alone. Sabrina was a Yale Drama School grad and left the business after "Cosby" to become an interior decorator in DC. She's done a couple of Shakespeare plays at the Folger and that's about it. I think we all understand why,, now.

Michelle Hurd who has been on a bunch of TV shows worked as a stand-in on The Cosby Show and she said Cosby was in appropriate with her. She sort of fits the type that Cosby went after.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77March 10, 2018 8:02 PM

Sabrina was cast after Whitney Houston pulled out. She was supposed to be the original Sondra.

by Anonymousreply 78March 10, 2018 8:02 PM

I thought R78 was full of shit but gurl had it right.

Here's the receipts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79March 10, 2018 11:59 PM

R78 that’s old news everyone knows

by Anonymousreply 80March 11, 2018 12:06 AM

I liked the Denise character a lot. She could be called “low energy” (if one is wont to quote Trump), but I thought her energy made her an interesting kid. All the others were aw-shucks! adorable sitcom kids, and she was affable enough but also had a chip on her shoulder and seemed aloof...she came across like a real teenager to me.

by Anonymousreply 81March 11, 2018 1:05 AM

When Bill Cosby dies. Lisa will probably do a hippie dance of joy. The other Cosby cast members mainly Keisha and Malcolm will probably continue defending him. Malcolm comes off as a douche in that article where he complains about how the show was temporarily taken off syndication and how he lost money. Other TV shows disappear from syndication all the time and many actors don't publicly complain about it.

In the Joey Lawrence bankruptcy thread, several people mentioned that Blossom isn't in syndication. Maybe cast members on that show are pissed that it's not a 90s sitcom syndication darling like Boy Meets World or Full House, but they seem to have enough sense not to publicly bitch about it.

by Anonymousreply 82March 11, 2018 1:23 AM

[quote]Hippie or not, smart people balance instincts and rational thinking. It’s people who question their instincts who end up assaulted, conned, raped, abducted, killed, etc. Bad vibes are bad vibes. To question her at this point for saying she felt bad energy from Cosby when she was a beautiful teenaged girl would be really shortsighted.

The book "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin de Becker talks about people who acted on their instincts and prevented themselves from being crime victims. It's a good book to read and teaches people to act on their instincts and intuition.

Cosby conned and charmed a lot of the right kinds of people. Growing up, my dad disliked The Cosby Show and my older siblings loved it and would watch it another room. My dad always that he though Cosby was a phony. I remember watching the show in the late 90s on WGN. I was in high school at the time and it would come on right after i came home. I kind of liked it and Denise was my favorite kid character. Over time, I stopped watching the reruns because of how smug the parents were on the show. I remember on the now gone Roseanne IMDB boards, the Roseanne vs Cosby feud was heavily discussed and I was surprised that many said they disliked The Cosby Show for being too smug and sanctimonious. This was years before the scandal broke.

I was recently listening to the Doughboys podcast. It's a podcast where comedians and actors talk about food and restaurants. There was an episode where a comedian mentioned how his grandfather didn't allow his grandkids to watch The Cosby Show and he never said why. The comedians made the joke that grandfather somehow knew Cosby was a sick fuck.

by Anonymousreply 83March 11, 2018 1:39 AM

I also thought Denise Huxtable was a great example of a cool teenager. The right clothes, the right crowd, all of it. She was my idol growing up and now she's my idol because she bones Jason Momoa. I also thought ADW was a good tween girl show. Kind of an extended after school special. I HATED Whitley. Talk about phony. What a forced, laboured performance from a one dimensional character.

by Anonymousreply 84March 11, 2018 2:46 AM

That explains her body language around him

by Anonymousreply 85March 11, 2018 3:00 AM

I thought Whitley was horrible the first season but she improved as the series went on and Whitley became more likable.

In the late '90s, it appeared Bonet was starting to have a bit of a comeback with roles in Enemy of the State and High Fidelity.

by Anonymousreply 86March 11, 2018 3:06 AM

Lisa is one lucky bitch to be getting Jason Momoa's dick in her every night!

by Anonymousreply 87March 11, 2018 3:18 AM

Lisa Bonnet was the best thing about those shows. More importantly, hot men love her, so she must be pretty cool. Bill Cosby gave everyone the creeps bc he was actually a deranged serial rapist.

by Anonymousreply 88March 11, 2018 3:44 AM

Bonet was always a difficult & ungrateful cunt.

Minimal talent too.

by Anonymousreply 89March 11, 2018 3:53 AM

Phylicia Rashad was only 36 when the show started? She looked much older than that.

Telma Hopkins was supposed to be Claire Huxtable, but something happened at the last minute and she left the show. Make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 90March 11, 2018 4:37 AM

He probably didn't touch her because he knew she would talk and he couldn't buy her off.

by Anonymousreply 91March 11, 2018 4:52 AM

I'm sorry, Telma Hopkins wasn't slated to play Claire Huxtable, she was supposed to play Bill Cosby's wife on that second sitcom he did in the 90s that ran for a few seasons. She was replaced at the last minute by Phylicia. Don't know what the story is there, but it can't be good!

by Anonymousreply 92March 11, 2018 5:09 AM

That’s true r91, she was too unpredictable. She also wasn’t white. He seemed to prefer his victims to be white, with the occasional exception like Beverly Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 93March 11, 2018 5:58 AM

Phylicia Rashad was so impossible to work with on Creed that they had her film her final scenes alone on set and just spliced them in during editing.

by Anonymousreply 94March 11, 2018 7:34 AM

Details, r94?

by Anonymousreply 95March 11, 2018 2:54 PM

[quote]Bill Cosby gave everyone the creeps bc he was actually a deranged serial rapist.

Certain people just didn't get the creep vibe from Cosby because he likely charmed them somehow. Keisha Knight-Pulliam was very young and Cosby faked an image to her and she ate it up. As much as Keisha pisses me off with her defense of Cosby, I feel kind of sorry for her in way. She spent years working alongside Cosby and he probably gave her and the kid actors gifts and encouragement for education. But, he had dark side that they didn't know about and it's likely that as an adult she is a form of denial over everything.

by Anonymousreply 96March 12, 2018 12:08 AM

Cosby never “triggered” my creeper defenses, but Michael Jackson, Charlie Sheen, Tom Cruise and some others have and I just never could like them because of it.

by Anonymousreply 97March 12, 2018 12:14 AM

I use to live about a block away from Bill Cosby and would see the studio van come in the morning to pick him up to take him to tape the Cosby show over in Long Island City. He would walk out usually holding a cigar.

He was neighbors with Al Goldstein the owner of Screw Magazine, Don King and Ashford & Simpson, they all lived on the same block on 61st in townhouses.

by Anonymousreply 98March 12, 2018 12:27 AM

Well, I not a hopeless defender of Cosby...for me he's become a major disappointment. That being said, Bonet was known to arrive late and a bit too "California go with the flow" for Cosby. AS for the fellow who plaid her husband...he's the son of a physician and pretty right wing...so that settles his impressions of Cosby as far as I'm concerned.

by Anonymousreply 99March 12, 2018 1:45 AM

[quote]who plaid her husband.

Really?

And the actor that played her husband came out to say that he knew about Cosby and apologized to an actress who confided to him (during the run) that Cosby had assaulted her, for not doing something about it.

by Anonymousreply 100March 12, 2018 2:07 AM

r90 == Telma came out fhat financially ok; she had a pay-or-play, run of the show contract.

by Anonymousreply 101March 16, 2018 2:35 AM

R90 R101 Telma Hopkins WAS NOT suppose to be Claire Huxtable. She was fired as the wife from CBS Cosby Show (the one with Madelaine Khan). Bill Cosby felt it wasn't working, and felt more comfortable working with Rashad

by Anonymousreply 102March 16, 2018 2:49 AM

r102 that was already stated.

by Anonymousreply 103March 16, 2018 2:57 AM

I always like Lisa Bonnet. And the men who fall in love with her, good grief they are gorg.

NO one EVER liked Bill Crosby, except the shady like Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 104March 16, 2018 3:04 AM

[quote]Phylicia Rashad was only 36 when the show started? She looked much older than that.

I think hair styles and frumpy type clothing back then made women in their 30s look a decade or two older.

by Anonymousreply 105March 16, 2018 7:58 PM

R98 Ashford & Simpson didn't live in a high rise?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106March 16, 2018 10:01 PM

Did the jury get bad vibes as well from Cosby?

by Anonymousreply 107April 26, 2018 5:55 PM

I hope Lisa is celebrating somewhere. I'm sure that kiss ass bitch Keisha Knight-Pulliam is having a meltdown over her beloved Mr. Cosby being found guilty.

by Anonymousreply 108April 26, 2018 7:42 PM

LISA BONET ATE NO BASIL.

by Anonymousreply 109April 29, 2018 4:58 AM

Phylicia Rashad is actually a very nice person. I think her defending Cosby is misguided, but one can understand. He made her famous, basically gave her the life she has. It must be very confusing to reconcile. Not saying I agree with her. I just happen to personally know that she is very kind.

by Anonymousreply 110April 29, 2018 5:12 AM

[quote] I always wondered why she never had a career after Cosby show?

They made a big deal about her returning to television in the American version of "Life on Mars", then she only appeared onscreen for five or six minutes. Maybe she was "difficult" there too.

[quote] Lisa Bonet says she got BAD VIBES from Bill Cosby

Probably the acid she was dropping with Kravitz.

by Anonymousreply 111April 29, 2018 5:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!