Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

OMG! Rachael Ray is unrecognizable through the bloat!

I'm flipping through channels this afternoon and stopped at Food Network's Worst Cooks in America that has Perez Hilton and Nora Dunn (!) among competitors. It was aired late last year. Oh, blessed Jesus, Rachael Ray has become so inflated it's hard to tell who she is. Her face is literally twice the size it used to be and she wasn't wearing much eye make up so she looked washed out. It took a little while to place her face. It seems like more than average menopausal weight gain. Her face has been overtaken by bloat. Steroids?

There are still pics for Season 11 out there, but they are so touched up, they don't adequately represent how she looks on the show.

by Anonymousreply 88March 19, 2018 10:35 PM

No link, OP, are you fucking serious?

by Anonymousreply 1March 4, 2018 8:59 PM

I was watching the Worst Cooks marathon too, op, and yeah she looked puffy.

I heard that she's a hard core drinker.

Any truth to that?

by Anonymousreply 2March 4, 2018 9:00 PM

She has an open marriage, no telling what other boundaries she's crossing.

by Anonymousreply 3March 4, 2018 9:04 PM

I saw her recently and felt bad for her. It’s got to be hard (seriously) to have all those jobs that involve eating, especially for a naturally “big boned” gal.

by Anonymousreply 4March 4, 2018 9:05 PM

Rachel tried losing the weight, and she was successful.

But it's really hard to keep it off, especially in her line of work.

Not only that, but she has a ton of stuff going on. She does "Worst Cooks," she has a talk show, and now she has her own line of pet food. The lady is BUSY.

Oh well, just eat and be happy, Rachel. Mangia!

by Anonymousreply 5March 4, 2018 9:12 PM

R5 She also has furniture, cookware and a magazine in her name. Lady is busy, even if it’s just to give final approval for things. She needs to learn to say no and live a little.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 4, 2018 9:17 PM

My sister took her dog Abby to the vet last Summer for the yearly checkup.

The vet said that my sister's dog was very overweight and wondered why. He asked what Abby was eating and my sister told him she was feeding Abby "that healthy Rachael Ray dog food."

The vet almost shrieked! "Rachael Ray? Rachael Ray?! What the Hell does Rachael Ray know about dogs?!"

He told my sister to drop the celebrity "healthy" dog food and go back to Iams or another brand of dog food made by people who make dog food.

by Anonymousreply 7March 4, 2018 9:21 PM

R7 But Rachael’s dog food probably tastes better!

by Anonymousreply 8March 4, 2018 9:23 PM

Rachel is better than IAMS. Not much, but better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 4, 2018 9:26 PM

Haha that's cute, R7.

I like chubby doggies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 4, 2018 9:26 PM

It's menopause bloat and some women get it worse than others.

by Anonymousreply 11March 4, 2018 9:29 PM

I saw her daytime show a few weeks ago when it was on at my doctor's office. She looked her regular size to me. Was that a rerun or is this weight gain recent?

BTW, that furniture is hideous. It looks like cheap furniture from the 1950s.

Don't forget she was one of those who got caught selling bogus "EVOO" so I would not be surprised if her dog food was shit.

by Anonymousreply 12March 4, 2018 9:32 PM

My cat hated her cat food. It's expensive too, compared to other brands. He was not a picky eater, but he tried it once and never touched it again.

by Anonymousreply 13March 4, 2018 9:34 PM

If only she were plant-based...

by Anonymousreply 14March 4, 2018 9:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 4, 2018 9:40 PM

I watch her show on the days when I just can't stand to hear one more fucking talking head talk about Trump on MSNBC. She is really chunky and it shows in her face. The caboose is huuuge. She looks exhausted yet she can't stop talking over her guests. She asks a question and then answers it. She's like the female Chris Mathews. I saw the show with Tony Bennett. She and the sketchy husband were celebrating their wedding anniversary. Tony looked totally creeped out by John. And he knew it. Tony seemed to genuinely like Rachael though. She's the breadwinner while the husband gets to enjoy a cushy lifestyle. It must be depressing to live with a man who likes being humiliated by his swinger partners. By open marriage do you mean HE cheats on her any chance he gets?

by Anonymousreply 16March 4, 2018 9:49 PM

I feel her pain - menopause is a BITCH! She should ask her dr for adderall it'll help knock 10 pounds off.

by Anonymousreply 17March 4, 2018 10:23 PM

It's just her new bangs that are making her face look a tiny bit fuller, but you already knew that.

Business as usual at DL; anything to tear someone down!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 4, 2018 10:42 PM

R18's picture reminds me of that dancing toddler that is really popular on Instagram. I think her name is Mckenzie. I'm not sure.

by Anonymousreply 19March 4, 2018 10:54 PM

Audrey Nethery.

by Anonymousreply 20March 4, 2018 11:01 PM

She needs to cut WAY back on the carbs. Especially if you’re a short woman over 50.

Or, be like Ina and rock the ‘large and in charge’!!

by Anonymousreply 21March 4, 2018 11:14 PM

I don't think Ina is as short as RR.

R15, is that a current picture. Does she really look like that on her show now?

by Anonymousreply 22March 5, 2018 12:18 AM

Fat chicks stick together

by Anonymousreply 23March 5, 2018 12:30 AM

...and don't do stairs together.

by Anonymousreply 24March 5, 2018 12:40 AM

Yes, R15, that shot captures it precisely. I tried to get a still from the show, but she was airbrushed beyond all belief in all of them.

by Anonymousreply 25March 5, 2018 12:53 AM

Thanks R25. Wow, she is unrecognizable. That stomach. YIKES!! Menopause alone doesn't do that. My mom and grandmother were skinny before Meopause and during it and after it until they died. I think it's booze and food.

by Anonymousreply 26March 5, 2018 1:39 AM

Is that her husband?

by Anonymousreply 27March 5, 2018 1:56 AM

Is that a WIG?

Oh gurl.

by Anonymousreply 28March 5, 2018 2:10 AM

She gets really enormous sometimes, looking like a turkey right before it goes to the block.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 5, 2018 2:11 AM

Adderall is a stimulant (amphetamine). Long-term use of stimulants has proven to result in cardiac damage; e.g., cardiovascular events.

by Anonymousreply 30March 5, 2018 2:18 AM

r29 Princess Fiona!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 5, 2018 10:07 PM

Bloating aside, she doesn't look her age.

by Anonymousreply 32March 5, 2018 10:14 PM

Couldn't happen to a nice person.

by Anonymousreply 33March 5, 2018 10:28 PM

All that processed dog food is shit! The best kibble is Orijen (and only the Tundra flavor since that is the only one still made in Orijen's Canada plant) and for a wet food, serve freeze-dried Primal raw nuggets. Also feed them boiled deboned chicken and carrots and other vegetables.

Rachel looks like she never changes her clothes...malodorous, methinks.

by Anonymousreply 34March 5, 2018 11:10 PM

It's not menopause, it's ⅓ pound burgers, loaded with four slices of bacon and four slices of cheese on a "big, fat" deli roll. She loves anything fried or stuffed.

It's huge servings of pasta with bacon and prosciutto, handfuls of extra cheese, and jumbo meatballs stuffed with even more cheese.

Watch her when she cooks.... She runs he hands through her hair, put her finger in the food and eats it while she cooks, licks her finger, and back they go into the food. It's so gross to watch! She's always got a bowl of shredded cheese, and a plate of bacon to munch on while she's cooking. She even tells you to buy and extra ¼ or ⅓ pound to snack on while you cook. Before she sits down to eat a meal, she's already eaten an entire meal while cooking. And she wonders why she's fat and alcoholic. She's always carrying that damn mug around, and it's not tea!

She never shuts up, always talks loudly over her guests, and tries to take over whatever her guest is cooking, often adding extra ingredients to what they're cooking....... It's so rude!

I love how she always talks about working out to keep "fat-fit". Does anyone actually believe she jogs five miles every day?

by Anonymousreply 35March 6, 2018 12:13 AM

I think her jaws do five miles a day.

by Anonymousreply 36March 6, 2018 12:26 AM

She is rumored to be a long time lover of booze.

Probably kidney and liver problems from alcohol consumption. That causes bloat.

by Anonymousreply 37March 6, 2018 12:26 AM

Good lord, almighty, the woman is a house.

And I'm not thinking of a tasteful seaside cottage in the Hamptons.

She looks like some tragic McMansion in Massapequa.

by Anonymousreply 38March 6, 2018 12:30 AM

She still looks great. Let the girl have her cocktails.

by Anonymousreply 39March 6, 2018 12:32 AM

[italic] Yum !

I Know !

Lots of Thick Bacon Slice !

A Big Fat Old Handful of Cheese !

Cover The Pasta With Lots of Sauce and Cheese !

Oh, C'mon, You Gotta Put More On Than That!

Wine !

Cocktails !

My Husband John!

You Need a Big Old Giant Roll For Your Pulled Pork and Coleslaw Sandwiches to Soak Up The Sauce!

Dijon Mustard and Apple Cider Vinergar.

And Don't Buy

by Anonymousreply 40March 6, 2018 12:45 AM

^^^ [italic] don't Buy The Cheap Stuff !

Parmigianino Reggiano !

by Anonymousreply 41March 6, 2018 12:48 AM

Doesn't her husband like cock and tail ?

by Anonymousreply 42March 6, 2018 1:11 AM

I posted here before about being trapped on a plane with a mucus-laden Rachael Ray. She coughed a disgustingly productive cough the entire flight and, a couple of times, yelled loudly enough for the whole cabin to hear: "It's just the dry air! Not contagious! Not contagious, I swear!"

It was awful. I feel like I still have fragments her DNA lodged deep within my lungs.

by Anonymousreply 43March 6, 2018 1:12 AM

R43, do you fly First Class or does Rachel go for the cheaper seats?

by Anonymousreply 44March 6, 2018 2:06 AM

I've never watched this woman, but I now think I need to—she seems to inspire some of the most superb writing on DL or anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 45March 6, 2018 2:15 AM

🙉 Why does that bitch always talk so freaking loud ?

She's shouting ! She's yelling !

by Anonymousreply 46March 6, 2018 2:38 AM

She's Italian-American - the women tend to pork out as they get older. It's funny when I was younger my friend had the hots for this really cute Italian-American girl. We're at her house one day and I look up and see a photo above the door. So I ask, is that you to the girl. She replies it was her mother. Told my friend to do the old hit it and quit it because mom was a big woman.

by Anonymousreply 47March 6, 2018 2:44 AM

Love how they're trying to class her up with stylish new clothing.

The worst was the day they had her in tight leather pants and a striped tee shirt with some awful embellishments on the front that called attention to the wrong body parts. Yet she still has that same old unkept, sloppy hair falling in her face. How much of that hair ends up falling in her food. You never see her wash or sanitize her chubby hands.

But putting her in high heels is probably the worst mistake of all. She looks like she's gonna topple over into the oval pot of pasta.!

by Anonymousreply 48March 6, 2018 2:46 AM

We are Italian-Americans on both sides of the family. My mother, my sisters, and my aunts are all tall and slender. But then, they don't eat a full pound of cheese and bacon on their burgers and pasta every day.

by Anonymousreply 49March 6, 2018 2:51 AM

"Big Boned Gal?" Back in the day she was a rather slender gal. But just watch her cook. She eats during the entire food preparation, and then afterwards. Face it, she's eating 2-3 times as much as the average person. And there really isn't anything healthy about her food. I'd love to know what her cholesterol levels are!

by Anonymousreply 50March 6, 2018 2:57 AM

When I visited Florence, Rome, and other locales in Italy, I saw tall, beautiful, slender women who had nothing in common with the Rachels and Teresa G/Real Housewife types. These women were chic and elegant and did not resemble the jetsam and flotsam that settled in America.

by Anonymousreply 51March 6, 2018 3:01 AM

Never trust a skinny chef.

by Anonymousreply 52March 6, 2018 3:49 AM

HOW DOES THIS DUM COW HAVE A SHOW???

by Anonymousreply 53March 6, 2018 4:25 AM

Because of all the dumb cows who watch television.

by Anonymousreply 54March 6, 2018 5:02 AM

My company gave me a decent budget for the flight, so it was first class, r44. I have no doubt that she spread her lurg all the way to the last row of coach, though.

by Anonymousreply 55March 6, 2018 5:40 AM

She got fat, most dykes do.

by Anonymousreply 56March 6, 2018 8:09 AM

R52 Never trust a naked bus driver

by Anonymousreply 57March 6, 2018 1:39 PM

Gotta love the live audience, 99 % fatty fraus, 1% husband/chauffers.

These bimbos clap every time she adds extra cheese and garlic.

I'm grossed out every time she feels the need to share that she eats so much garlic that she smells like a salami. The stench of someone who eats garlic like a handful of M&Ms is enough to make you vomit.

And tossing the salt over the shoulder for luck?..............WE KNOW......You don't have to repeat it over and over. I'd like to take a twenty pound bag and throw it at her. She'd probably eat it.

by Anonymousreply 58March 6, 2018 1:49 PM

Could she be on steroids for something?

She's always had a chipmunk face though.

by Anonymousreply 59March 6, 2018 2:47 PM

If she's on steroids, they'd have to be deep fried, and covered in minced garlic and Parmigianino Reggiano, and wrapped in thick sliced bacon.

by Anonymousreply 60March 6, 2018 2:53 PM

Can't believe that r1 needs a link!

by Anonymousreply 61March 6, 2018 2:54 PM

Martha Stewart must be laughing her ass off. Giada too.

by Anonymousreply 62March 6, 2018 3:05 PM

I heard Giada De Laurentiis would spit out the food she would "taste" on her show. She's also really short and that shit adds up so it wouldn't take much for her to put on weight.

by Anonymousreply 63March 6, 2018 3:06 PM

To be fair, R51, most Italian women in Italy guzzle coffee all day and chainsmoke.

They might be skinny, but they aren't exactly healthy. I'd say the same about French women.

by Anonymousreply 64March 6, 2018 3:14 PM

I heard Giada was a dirty little whore.

That's how she keeps in shape.

by Anonymousreply 65March 6, 2018 3:15 PM

Giada is in the Mackenzie Phillips club.

So gross.

by Anonymousreply 66March 6, 2018 3:16 PM

My mom was from Calabria, 4'10", loved coffee, pasta, Italian cookies, Italian bread, and her annual glass of wine on Christmas Day. She recently passed away at the age of 95, weighed 104 pounds, walked every day, and worked in her garden spring thru fall, and canned everything she grew.

That's my idea of a typical Italian Mom. I was so lucky.

by Anonymousreply 67March 6, 2018 3:23 PM

[quote] Never trust a naked bus driver

??? Is there some thread I missed lately?

by Anonymousreply 68March 6, 2018 5:45 PM

I wouldn't want or trust a naked chef either, not even a skinny one.

by Anonymousreply 69March 6, 2018 8:40 PM

Giada was raped by her father. Don’t be mean, r66.

Rachel Ray was always on the thick side. No surprise that she porked up. And maybe Italian women in Italy remain slim, but most of the Italian-American women I know tend to get matronly-looking, if not downright fat. Not all, but most The ones who stay skinny are under 5’.

by Anonymousreply 70March 6, 2018 9:08 PM

I can picture Raitch as a chubby bundle of "scamutz" (scamorza) swelling the background of some Vittorio de Sica flick, set in a noisy restaurant, in the 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 71March 6, 2018 9:21 PM

She looks simply ravishing.

by Anonymousreply 72March 6, 2018 9:52 PM

The smell of oily canned tuna emanates from R70's direction. As does female presumption.

Behold the subject of the thread, well-larded and marinated in whatever results from the exertion of moving. But there's nothing wrong with a few extra stones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73March 6, 2018 10:03 PM

🔘 Is that a nipple I see

At r73 (seventy three?) 😱

🙏 All I can say

Is don't blame me 👎

👰 It's all that bitch's fault

Trying to resurrect 🙊

😹 Her popularity !

by Anonymousreply 74March 6, 2018 11:33 PM

Racheal isn't 100% Italian: "Rachael Sunday Ray was born in Glens Falls, New York, the daughter of Elsa Providenza Scuderi and James Claude Ray. Her mother's ancestry is Italian and her father's is French, Scottish, and Welsh.

When Ray was 8, her family moved to Lake George, New York. Her mother managed restaurants in New York's Capital District, including the Lake George Howard Johnson's restaurant, located near the former Gaslight Village amusement park, which attracted many of the entertainers.

In 1995, Ray moved to New York City. She worked first at the Macy's Marketplace candy counter. When Macy's tried to promote her to a buyer in accessories, she moved to Agata & Valentina, a specialty foods store. During this period Ray was mugged. The experience left her reluctant to maintain residence in New York City itself.

Moving back to upstate New York, Ray managed Mister Brown's Pub at The Sagamore, a hotel on Lake George. From there, she became a buyer at Cowan & Lobel, a gourmet market in Albany. Ray credits the concept of 30 Minute Meals to her experience working at the store, where she met people who were reluctant to cook.

She taught a course in which she showed how to make meals in less than 30 minutes. With the success of her "30 Minute Meals" classes, WRGB, the local CBS-TV affiliate, asked her to appear in a weekly segment on their newscasts. This, along with a public radio broadcast and the publication of her first book, led to a Today show spot and her first Food Network contract in 2001."

That's a fairly quick rise, from working at Macy's in 1995 to making $25 million a year!

by Anonymousreply 75March 7, 2018 5:03 AM

So how long did it take her to get fat?

Too many 30 Minute, 30,000 Calorie Meals.

by Anonymousreply 76March 7, 2018 3:04 PM

She obviously wasn't wearing her Spanx in the pic @ r73 !

by Anonymousreply 77March 7, 2018 3:09 PM

Now we know why DL Fave Tommy DiDario hasn't returned to the show. He has chosen to dissociate himself with someone that fat.

by Anonymousreply 78March 7, 2018 3:12 PM

She ate so much bacon that she morphed into a pig.

by Anonymousreply 79March 8, 2018 1:12 AM

Why doesn't Rachel have any kids? Hasn't she been married to her creepy husband for quite awhile?

by Anonymousreply 80March 8, 2018 2:43 AM

At least she can live in great style and comfort with no financial problems for the rest of he life.

by Anonymousreply 81March 8, 2018 7:22 AM

I decided to watch the Rachel Ray show today because of the op, and because I had the day off.

Omg, Rachel was hilarious! She was two-fisting and shoveling food into her mouth, faster than you can say "commercial break."

She was downing cookies, and dessert sandwiches, and talking at the same time. It was both funny and gross!

Must be hard working around all those food demos.

by Anonymousreply 82March 16, 2018 9:27 PM

On Friday's show, she had two more food segments after the cookie and sandwiches.

Right after that, she had a beer sampling of fruity beers, lagers, wheat beers, and stouts, and of course she sampled (glug, glug) a bunch of them.

Then she capped off the show with a peas and asparagus pasta!!

Damn, that's a lot of food that she ate... just for one show! And I'm sure that those "samples" didn't even count as her regular meals.

It sure looked good, though.

by Anonymousreply 83March 16, 2018 9:51 PM

Maybe she's explode on live TV, like that beyond obese character in that Monty Python movie!

by Anonymousreply 84March 19, 2018 10:18 AM

She's having sympathy symptoms with the butterball turkeys she cooks. It happens.

by Anonymousreply 85March 19, 2018 2:09 PM

Rachel said something interesting in that cookie episode.

She was talking about how her Italian family are big wine drinkers, and that they used to give the kids a little bit of wine. I don't know if she was joking, but she said even in the baby's milk.

I found that interesting.

by Anonymousreply 86March 19, 2018 9:43 PM

She eats gluten!!! And smells!!!

by Anonymousreply 87March 19, 2018 10:31 PM

Oh wait, was she a great big fat person?

by Anonymousreply 88March 19, 2018 10:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!