Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Harriet Sansom Harris

So funny in everything she does.

Anyone have any stories?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 7, 2018 8:32 PM

She's very good in "Phantom Thread."

by Anonymousreply 1February 27, 2018 4:47 AM

Have always loved her in everything. I think I first noticed her in The Five Mrs. Buchanans. She had a nice dramatic part in Memento.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 27, 2018 5:04 AM

She deserved at least an Emmy or two for “Frasier.” The episodes where she renegotiated Frasier’s contract and where she quit smoking should have earned her nominations at the very least.

by Anonymousreply 3February 27, 2018 5:08 AM

If I recall correctly she even played Hamlet at The Public theater in the early 80s!

Correct me if I misremember that!

by Anonymousreply 4February 27, 2018 5:15 AM

I’ve been rewatching Six Feet Under, and just saw her episode. She’s great.

by Anonymousreply 5February 27, 2018 5:15 AM

Yes! Love her. Definitely deserved Emmys for every Frasier episode. Funny but was still able to evoke the right amount of pathos. Loved the morning show and contract episode. Was very pleased to see her in phantom thread too. Def underrated. Was hoping she might have gotten a surprise Oscar nom for phantom thread.

by Anonymousreply 6February 27, 2018 5:35 AM

I will put up with wartching an always overwrought Kelsey Grammer in any Frasier epidsode that includes Harriet as Bebe.

by Anonymousreply 7February 27, 2018 5:42 AM

Oops, I started a second thread. My bad.

Have loved her since the Five Mrs. Buchanans too.

Loved her early episodes on Desperate Housewives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 6, 2018 2:54 AM

I had sex with her cousin. He had pictures of her everywhere and would do ‘BeBe’-isms any chance he got.

by Anonymousreply 9March 6, 2018 2:58 AM

I never realized the guy who played Paul Young on DH - DILF and DL favorite Mark Moses - was also in the Five Mrs. B's.

by Anonymousreply 10March 6, 2018 2:58 AM

I'm a child of the 80s and 90s, but I have zero recollection of The Five Mrs. Buchanans. Thanks for the tip, y'all. The writing was so-so in that pilot, but what a great cast.

R10 - have you ever taken a look at Mar Moses' IMDB? He's never been a star, but he must be one of the most gainfully employed actors in... history? He works so much. And, yes, he's a sexy daddy.

by Anonymousreply 11March 6, 2018 3:20 AM

Interesting OP.

I always changed the channel when she appeared on screen.

I always found her annoying. One-note. Predictable.

by Anonymousreply 12March 6, 2018 3:24 AM

Marc Cherry created The 5 Mrs. Buchanans. I guess he liked using the same people since Harriet and Mark were both on The 5 Mrs. Buchanans and Mark was on The Golden Girls when Cherry was an EP. It was a great show with a great cast. Should've last longer than 1 season.

by Anonymousreply 13March 6, 2018 3:54 AM

She always pinged to me.

by Anonymousreply 14March 6, 2018 3:55 AM

Currently doing a grand job at the Public Theatre in Bruce Norris's new play, The Low Road.

by Anonymousreply 15March 6, 2018 4:09 AM

I worked with her years ago, and she's a lovely person. Could listen to her read the phone book.

by Anonymousreply 16March 6, 2018 4:58 AM

I have worked with her twice. She is a lovely woman, but the truth is that she is a limited actress. She basically has one performance in her. She can dial it up or down, but she basically gives the same performance. I saw her in Noises Off. She gave a good summer stock performance. I really though this should have been *her* play, but she was just good, not great. Same with Mame. She should have been the perfect Vera Charles. Same with Old Acquaintance. Oddly, her best performance that I have seen was the Broadway flop, It Shoulda Been You. David Hyde Pierce managed to control her ticks and schtick.

by Anonymousreply 17March 6, 2018 11:33 AM

You're a little hard to follow, R17. Are you basically saying she's one note?

by Anonymousreply 18March 6, 2018 11:44 AM

[quote]she is a limited actress

[quote]She basically has one performance in her.

[quote]but she basically gives the same performance.

How is that hard to follow R18?

by Anonymousreply 19March 6, 2018 11:55 AM

Mark Moses is so fucking hot. He may have been the bad guy on DH but I always wanted him balls deep in me after seeing him on screen.

by Anonymousreply 20March 6, 2018 12:16 PM

I think she has range -- she's done both comic role and serious ones ("Memento," "Phantom Thread.")

by Anonymousreply 21March 7, 2018 12:40 AM

She’s going to be doing Sister Mary Ignatius this summer in the Berkshires. Seems like terrific casting.

by Anonymousreply 22March 7, 2018 12:44 AM

R4, I think you have her confused with Diane Venora who played Hamlet at the Public.

A quick check of the Lortell Archives could have settled the question for you.

She did play Ophelia there opposite Kevin Kline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 7, 2018 12:48 AM

Ever heard of sarcasm R19?

by Anonymousreply 24March 7, 2018 3:37 AM

she played Felicia maid on Another World

by Anonymousreply 25March 7, 2018 3:49 AM

Wasn't it at the Guthrie she did Amanda Wingfield?

by Anonymousreply 26March 7, 2018 3:53 AM

R24, ever heard of pointless bitchery? This is Datalounge, not your mother's DAR meeting.

by Anonymousreply 27March 7, 2018 10:31 AM

In It's All Relative, she played the mother of the working class guy who married the Radcliffe attending daughter of two gay guys.

In Ellen, she played E's therapist who E saw seeing in a parking lot.

by Anonymousreply 28March 7, 2018 1:26 PM

*peeing*

by Anonymousreply 29March 7, 2018 1:27 PM

Mark Moses in those jeans when he's talking with blanch at the end of that golden girls episode

His cock is HUGE And bulging all over.

Wonder if his brother Burke is the same

by Anonymousreply 30March 7, 2018 2:10 PM

Blanche & Bulge....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 7, 2018 4:10 PM

Where's the pic of him standing at the doorway. THATS the one showing huge bulge

by Anonymousreply 32March 7, 2018 7:20 PM

I remember her on Ellen as Ellen's psychologist who bent down and peed in the parking lot.

by Anonymousreply 33March 7, 2018 7:33 PM

I remember hanging out in the lobby of the (old) Public Theater following a preview performance of SEE WHAT I WANNA SEE the first time I met Harriet.

It was Idina Menzel's first show post-WICKED (and as different from that as imaginable) so there were dozens of WICKED fangirls/boys waiting for Idina. Christine Taylor and Harriet Harris were both casually awaiting the stars to exit the stage door and I approached Harriet and expressed my enjoyment of her performances, especially FRASIER and MILLIE. She was delightful and spoke of her close friendship to Henry Stram, who was in the show. A bit aloof, but warm and cordial.

Also, Christine Taylor was also fabulous and unbelievably gorgeous (and shockingly thin) in person. Very funny, too. She, Idina, Taye and Ben Stiller were tight at that time.

Interestingly, Idina co-starred with her RENT buddy, uber hottie/GAP model Aaron Lohr in the show and they shared deeply intimate sex scenes... one wonders if that's where the romance began, given that Idina is now married to him (and so soon after the Taye divorce).

That's all I got.

by Anonymousreply 34March 7, 2018 8:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!