Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Alain Delon says he's ready to die - but his dog must come too

PARIS: Veteran French film star Alain Delon said Thursday that he was so sick of the world he would be happy to die now -- but he wants his dog to go with him.

"I hate the times that we live in, it makes me vomit," said the 82-year-old actor, one of the handsomest men ever to grace the silver screen.

"There are people that I hate. Everything is false, and only money counts. I will leave this world without regret," he told Paris Match magazine in a frank, tell-all interview in which he admitted to not being much of a father to his children, one of whom he still refuses to recognise.

Delon, who lives alone outside Paris, said he wants his two-year-old Belgian Shepherd dog, Loubo, to die with him.

"If I go before him I will ask the vet for us to go together. He will inject him so he can die in my arms.

"I would prefer that rather than leaving him to die of grief on my tomb," said the star of such classics as Visconti's "The Leopard", "The Samurai" and "Purple Noon", which was later remade as the "Talented Mr Ripley".

Yet Delon did not rule out making room for the right woman to shares his last days.

He said there were about 10 candidates, "but for now none are quite right."

He added he might even consider breaking his vow to never remarry if the right woman "was ready to accompany me to the end."

The actor, who made his name playing pretty boy killers and cads, talked of his fear that he might be dug up after his death for DNA for a paternity test.

"I've told my daughter, 'Please don't let that happen to me when I'm dead'," he said.

Delon has long denied he fathered a son with Nico, the late German pop star and muse of Andy Warhol.

However, Delon's mother later adopted the boy, making him his half-brother.

Yet Delon's own miserable childhood badly marked him, he told the magazine. "My parents got rid of me when I was four. I found myself with a foster family like an orphan."

"Both of them came running back to me when I was famous. All of a sudden they remembered they had a son," he said bitterly.

Nor has he forgiven them for signing his army papers so he could be thrown into the bloody Indochina War at 17. "It was them getting rid of me a second time," he said.

Delon put down his tumultuous love life and much of his woes with women to being abandoned.

"You cannot get back the love that wasn't given to me as a child. These are holes that can never be filled. Even when I love a woman, I feel alone. I was only four when I understood that those you love the most can abandon you."

'I WAS A LITTLE THUG'

The actor admitted that he had not always been the perfect gentleman.

"I am like that, I do stupid things. I have been in prison. I was a little thug. All I had was my face," he said.

Yet women have always fallen at his feet, even as a baby, he said. "My mother had to put a sign on my pram, 'You can look, but you can't touch!'"

"I have been loved all my life," he said, particularly by the German actress Romy Schneider and Mireille Darc, who died last year.

"Very few men have been loved like me."

But Delon said he never slept with Brigitte Bardot, who was the Venus to his Apollo in French cinema of the 1960s.

"Strange though it may seem... given the torrid scenes we did, we were only friends, but good friends," he told Paris Match of the actress, who like him has been a vocal supporter of the far-right National Front party.

"I really like her and we share a passion for animals. If she had not her great love of animals I am sure she would have killed herself by now, like so many other great sex symbols. It is very hard for a woman to no longer see desire in men's eyes." -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 19, 2018 3:52 PM

Quel ingrat.

by Anonymousreply 1February 26, 2018 7:53 PM

I would

by Anonymousreply 2February 26, 2018 7:58 PM

I hope the dog kills him in his sleep.

by Anonymousreply 3February 26, 2018 7:59 PM

He can go--leave the dog alone.

by Anonymousreply 4February 26, 2018 8:11 PM

What a charmer, non?

But he WAS to-die-for beautiful back in the day, and not a bad actor, either.

by Anonymousreply 5February 26, 2018 8:13 PM

Time is a cruel mistress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 26, 2018 8:13 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 26, 2018 8:19 PM

He used to be gorgeous and a jerk, now he's only a jerk.

by Anonymousreply 8February 26, 2018 8:22 PM

Alain Delon: 'Women were all obsessed with me'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 26, 2018 8:26 PM

Christ the computer voice. People have lost ALL TASTE on DL. Nobody can watch that!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 10February 26, 2018 8:26 PM

Reading about what his parents did to him and then suddenly his great success for his beautiful looks explains somewhat his shitty behavior as a human being.

But wanting his beloved dog killed on his death surpasses all his previous ugly nastiness.

The dog will get over him as long as there is someone to feed him. Or better yet Delon should kill himself be left alone with the dog and the dog will eat him out of starvation.

This way he will always be one with the dog.

Still Rocco, Purple Noon and Samurai are great films. Probably the best looking great actor.

by Anonymousreply 11February 26, 2018 8:26 PM

[quote]Nor has he forgiven them for signing his army papers so he could be thrown into the bloody Indochina War at 17. "It was them getting rid of me a second time," he said.

Yeah,but they didn't kill you. Remember the '"I have been loved all my life' part?

by Anonymousreply 12February 26, 2018 8:29 PM

He looks like John Phillip Law or Rob Lowe, Roger Moore and a young princess Stephanie of Monaco all in one. Not my idea of beautiful. Too pointy featured, thin lipped and feminine-looking. A lot of scared old people want to take their pets with them when they die. They believe that the pet can't survive without them. It's not only selfishly untrue but a sign that you've failed at life.

by Anonymousreply 13February 26, 2018 8:34 PM

I hope he doesn't have his dog killed. He can die...but leave the dog alone.

by Anonymousreply 14February 26, 2018 9:08 PM

If he’s got any sense, Dog will reprise the Shirley MacLaine character from “Around the World in 80 Days.”

by Anonymousreply 15February 26, 2018 9:50 PM

Having known of people who died and leave a pet behind who ends up at the pound, or with a relative who mistreated the animal I've thought of this. Taking Boo Boo with me when I kick the bucket.

by Anonymousreply 16February 26, 2018 9:53 PM

He's in a really dark place. I feel sorry for him. He's probably had very little actual love in his life, what with everyone just wanting to fuck him, literally or figuratively, his whole life.

by Anonymousreply 17February 26, 2018 10:09 PM

He's had 25 years to not be burdened by people wanting to fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 18February 26, 2018 10:11 PM

France is a shithole now

by Anonymousreply 19February 26, 2018 10:33 PM

He was so gorgeous I want to die, but my GOD what an asswipe!

I hoe he does and the dog eats him.

by Anonymousreply 20February 26, 2018 10:44 PM

I hope he dies*

R20

by Anonymousreply 21February 26, 2018 10:45 PM

Leave me the hell alone, I’m only 24 in human years, connard!

by Anonymousreply 22February 26, 2018 10:45 PM

What a prick. Why is it always total assholes who wanna take someone else with them? Fuck off, just kill yourselves, leave everyone else the hell alone.

by Anonymousreply 23February 26, 2018 11:00 PM

How sad to have been that beautiful and now be this lonely that you want to kill a dog when you die. I hope this wish is ignored.

by Anonymousreply 24February 26, 2018 11:12 PM

Nico is waiting in heaven or hell to give him a cold look.

by Anonymousreply 25February 26, 2018 11:15 PM

Who the hell cares what this French surrender monkey thinks? The crypt keeper gets more tail now than this withered, narcissistic crone.

by Anonymousreply 26February 26, 2018 11:25 PM

Another actor started babbling again without being paid? When will the fucking media learn that the empty with these people is all between the ears.

by Anonymousreply 27February 26, 2018 11:28 PM

[quote]supporter of the far-right National Front party.

Take him now, GOD.

by Anonymousreply 28February 26, 2018 11:32 PM

[quote] Alain Delon says he's ready to die - but his dog must come too

𝑾𝑯𝑨𝑻?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 26, 2018 11:35 PM

The article failed to mention how homophobic Delon is. Let this piece of shit die alone and let the dog live for fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 30February 26, 2018 11:40 PM

Is that him at 82?

Not bad.

by Anonymousreply 31February 26, 2018 11:42 PM

They stopped doing that shit with the Pharoahs, asshole. You should find the dog a good home if you want to off yourself. Imagine living with this asshole in this frame of mind. #SaveDelon'sDog

by Anonymousreply 32February 26, 2018 11:51 PM

I love the twisted Nico story. God his life was a hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 33February 26, 2018 11:57 PM

[quote] "I will leave this world without regret,"

Without anyone's regret, from the sound of things.

by Anonymousreply 34February 26, 2018 11:59 PM

Why is he insisting to deny paternity to his son Ari??

by Anonymousreply 35February 27, 2018 12:04 AM

I hope, then, that he dies an accidental death with no time to plan for the demise of his dog. And then Brigitte can adopt it and at least continue to serve some purpose on this earth.

by Anonymousreply 36February 27, 2018 12:06 AM

He sounds like an absolutely shitty human being in every possible way.

by Anonymousreply 37February 27, 2018 12:06 AM

Sure, Al, we'll off the dog when you kick the bucket. No problemo. Now here's that special cocktail we discussed. Drink hearty!

R13, you nailed it. He had a pretty, shallow face, and minimal acting ability. As he said, a thug. The best thing I can say for him is that Romy Schneider cared about him. He's a selfish creep. That Nico he denies fathering is a carbon copy.

by Anonymousreply 38February 27, 2018 12:07 AM

R12, "I have been loved all my life" refers, I think, to lovers, not relatives.

by Anonymousreply 39February 27, 2018 12:16 AM

[quote]"If I go before him I will ask the vet for us to go together. He will inject him so he can die in my arms.

Would any vet MURDER a young , healthy dog? I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 40February 27, 2018 12:20 AM

Alain Delon was the most beautiful man in cinema, end of story. Handsome, studly, built, masculine? Maybe not.

But most beautiful? Mais oui.

by Anonymousreply 41February 27, 2018 12:21 AM

[quote] Would any vet MURDER a young , healthy dog? I hope not.

I hope the vet goes: "Oops, sorry for injecting you, Mr. Delon."

by Anonymousreply 42February 27, 2018 12:23 AM

R40, Shelters kill healthy dogs every day.

Nonetheless, Delon's notion is disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 43February 27, 2018 12:24 AM

R41, chacun a son gou^t. Clift wipes the floor with Delon.

by Anonymousreply 44February 27, 2018 12:44 AM

How odd.

by Anonymousreply 45February 27, 2018 12:49 AM

[quote]Nor has he forgiven them for signing his army papers so he could be thrown into the bloody Indochina War at 17. "It was them getting rid of me a second time," he said.

Oh that’s shitty

by Anonymousreply 46December 19, 2018 3:45 PM

He's an antisemite and a fascist who pretends like his son isn't really his. Don't care how hot he was 60 years ago, he's vile.

by Anonymousreply 47December 19, 2018 3:49 PM

He has a dog cemetery on his property where every dog he’s owned has its own grave. He visits it every day.

So there’s that.

by Anonymousreply 48December 19, 2018 3:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!