Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Teri Shields -Brooke's mom- would she have gone to prison today?

Teri Shields makes Patsy Ramsey and Kris Jenner seem like Olivia Waltons.

Teri had young Brooke play a child prostitute and, more disturbingly, she had pre-pubescent Brooke pose in the nude for sexual photographs, outside the narrative of a film. Then when Brooke was a teenager and young adult, Teri pushed the idea that Brooke was still a virgin and this goody-two-shoes image had the opposite effect: Brooke seemed like a freak and never won prestigious acting roles.

I admire Brooke for surviving this nightmare of a mother.

by Anonymousreply 19March 23, 2018 4:16 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 1March 10, 2018 6:48 AM

Get my name right you stupid crazy cunt!

by Anonymousreply 2March 10, 2018 6:58 AM

She was an OTT stage mother who allowed Brooke to be overly sexualised as a child model, allowing 14 year old Brooke to appear, with her shirt half undone, in a CK as campaign declaring nothing comes between her and her Calvin’s. Not to mention that in private Terry was also a hardcore drunk.

But neither then or now would Brooke’s mom be in any trouble for her poor parenting choices nor would she come close to losing custody of her daughter. You have to do much much much worse.

by Anonymousreply 3March 10, 2018 7:06 AM

Brooke's paternal grandfather was pretty hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 10, 2018 7:07 AM

I think her fathers side was pretty good looking r4. She has quite the impressive family tree too, going all the way back to French royalty.

by Anonymousreply 5March 10, 2018 7:17 AM

Brooke's paternal grandfather, Francis X. "Frank" Shields, was a tennis pro.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 10, 2018 7:21 AM

Her father was a businessman and an executive at Revlon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 10, 2018 7:32 AM

OP, don't try so hard. You come across stupid and unentertaining. It's not witty or cute.

You're a frau shit stirrer. No wonder your daughter cuts herself.

by Anonymousreply 8March 10, 2018 7:40 AM

Jodie Foster's mom was no picnic either.

by Anonymousreply 9March 10, 2018 7:55 AM

Jodie seems to have......issues. mess huh.

by Anonymousreply 10March 10, 2018 8:16 AM

Brooks looks faded early. She was gorgeous in her teens and early 20s, but by her mid 30s she was no prettier than any other sitcom star.

by Anonymousreply 11March 10, 2018 8:20 AM

What did Brooke's father see in her mother, she was an ugly mannish looking woman and an alcoholic to boot! I don't recall ever reading that Brooke's mom came from wealth. What am I missing?

by Anonymousreply 12March 10, 2018 8:38 AM

R12 apparently she was a model early on so I guess she wasn’t always plain looking. By the time Brooke was a star she was in her mid forties so who knows what she looked like before that. She may not have been a big drinker when she knew him.

Teri’s father was a chemist, so I guess her family were financially ok. But who knows how they met. Their marriage only lasted a couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 13March 10, 2018 9:21 AM

OP, you would have never heard of Brooke Shields if it wasn't for her Mom. Got to take the good with the bad.

by Anonymousreply 14March 10, 2018 10:10 AM

Brooke was drawn to Andre Agassi because they both had horrible stage parents and shared a history of abuse at the hands of these parents (verbal/emotional). In fact, Agassi's sister - a promising tennis player herself - broke free from her father's abuse by marrying the much-older Pancho Gonzales - former top player and then coach.

by Anonymousreply 15March 10, 2018 11:50 AM

Brooke’s paternal grandmother was an Italian princess. Not a royal princess, mind you. But from a decent noble family. More on her grandmother’s line at the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 10, 2018 12:19 PM

Teri Shields wasn't bad looking when she was young.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 10, 2018 6:16 PM

Brook as a baby in r17 looks like a mutant. You'd never imagine that baby would grow up to be the most beautiful girl in the world, only to hit the wall early & end up looking like a tranny.

by Anonymousreply 18March 10, 2018 9:58 PM

I love her on The Middle.

by Anonymousreply 19March 23, 2018 4:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!